The Bible puts us at a Crossroads

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This coming from one who told a lady her weakness was the reason for others flesh coming out...then couldn’t turn around and say a simple “I’m sorry”. No one disagrees with you without getting snubbed. Humility...I will stay off your threads.
This is that accusatory and insulting tone having it's effect, chasing away those who would dispute this unBiblical teaching. Turn on those who disagree, to drive them away so you don't have to answer. Not that I say you should stick around for more of the same, that's a matter between you and God.

Much love!

Reactions: Waiting on him

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually eternal life is only found when we enter INTO Christ to walk as He walked...in that same eternal power as He did...the perfected walk...the power of the life to come.

"Christ in you"...is the HOPE of glory...not the eternal life itself. To experience that eternal kind of life one must go further and enter INTO Christ.

And what is worse than the fate of Sodom? Well they will be cast into the lake of fire and destroyed. But the cities that saw the works of Jesus and rejected Him will themselves be likewise rejected from the presence of God into outer darkness forever.

There is a weeping and gnashing of teeth preceding destruction...and then there is a weeping and gnashing of teeth in an ongoing way.

I don't think that. I think He accepts humble men and women who are truthful. I trust Him to do what is right concerning me. I think He will give me a place if I have humility regarding myself and I fear Him. He is merciful. I think He will make a place for me if I trust Him.

Reactions: Waiting on him

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 57
14 And shall say, Cast ye up, cast ye up, prepare the way, take up the stumblingblock out of the way of my people.
15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think that. I think He accepts humble men and women who are truthful. I trust Him to do what is right concerning me. I think He will give me a place if I have humility regarding myself and I fear Him. He is merciful. I think He will make a place for me if I trust Him.

But before anyone agrees with me, they should take note of the "ifs" I put in my post.

Reactions: Episkopos

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so. Hebrews states our covenant is a better covenant based on better promises, and those being that the work becomes His, no longer ours.

We are saved by grace through faith, not works.

Much love!
But... God has never changed; God is no respecter of persons and; Much is given, much is required. So ultimately they had as much opportunity to come out on God's side as we do.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus doesn't deny Himself. We are His body, His flesh and His bone.

That's much love!
Jesus indeed does not deny Himself, but who is His Body? When we subject ourselves to the Head, we are headed in the right direction. That is walking in the Spirit. If we do NOT endure with Him to the end of our course [our allotted time] then we have cut ourselves off. We do this when we quench the Spirit, but God is merciful and allows renewed repentance... but only until we run out of time.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But... God has never changed; God is respecter of persons and; Much is given, much is required. So ultimately they had as much opportunity to come out on God's side as we do.
I think you may have meant, God is not a respector of persons.

The Law is work for reward. But so that all could have the opportunity to be saved, God made salvation by grace through faith, so that is would not be of reward.

But there is no similarity to being an unregenerate man condemned by a Law which you cannot keep, and have already broken, and are already condemned by, which is the position of the Israelite under the Law, and a salvation that comes not through anything you do, but all is done for you, and instead of a child of Adam, condemned by the Law, we can be children of God, received in mercy and grace.

Those condemned could offer sacrifice day by day and year by year, and prevent their destruction, offered in faith. But only in Christ's death are our sins removed.

We really do have better promises.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we do NOT endure with Him to the end of our course [our allotted time] then we have cut ourselves off.
That's not Scriptural understanding.

1 John 2
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Those who are true remain. Those who do not remain were not true. This is the Scriptural teaching.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, personally, I suspect I may not be understanding Epi fully on that post. I'm not used to disagreeing with him.
Makes sense. But your response to his post seemed to fit to me. I think you do understand what he said, but that will be more between he and you naturally.

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Indeed He does. But when the bible speaks of abiding in Christ...that isn't just being faithful...there is a gift of grace that gets us into Him.

The bible speaks on 2 levels...always...on the righteousness level and on the holiness level.

What you are saying works on the righteousness level where humility brings you into the universal grace of God.

But Paul speaks so often of the gift of grace. That gift takes us to the holiness level...the walk in the resurrection life of Jesus.

Did Peter earn his walk on water with Jesus...or was it a gift? So then we can't do the impossible thing (miracles) by our own faith or humility. It takes a grace from God...apart from the grace given to humble people. It takes the faith OF Jesus Christ.

So then grace also operates both in righteousness...as you were stating...AND holiness...as I was speaking of.

I tend to speak of the holiness side because that is the calling ....the high calling in Christ. And it is what Paul speaks of so often.

But this doesn't take away from the saving grace of a humble walk with God. :)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed He does. But when the bible speaks of abiding in Christ...that isn't just being faithful...there is a gift of grace that gets us into Him.

The bible speaks on 2 levels...always...on the righteousness level and on the holiness level.

What you are saying works on the righteousness level where humility brings you into the universal grace of God.

But Paul speaks so often of the gift of grace. That gift takes us to the holiness level...the walk in the resurrection life of Jesus.

Did Peter earn his walk on water with Jesus...or was it a gift? So then we can't do the impossible thing (miracles) by our own faith or humility. It takes a grace from God...apart from the grace given to humble people. It takes the faith OF Jesus Christ.

So then grace also operates both in righteousness...as you were stating...AND holiness...as I was speaking of.

I tend to speak of the holiness side because that is the calling ....the high calling in Christ. And it is what Paul speaks of so often.

Ah, see, as I told you last week, it is still not easy for me at all times, to keep that in mind.

You have spoken well.

Reactions: Episkopos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Episkopos.

Do you sin?

Be bold! Be brave! Be real!

Can you?

Will you?

Probably not.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you may have meant, God is not a respector of persons.
Indeed, my typo. Someone else pointed it out and I already corrected it. Thanks!

The Law is work for reward. But so that all could have the opportunity to be saved, God made salvation by grace through faith, so that is would not be of reward.
I seldom really try to understand exactly the final solution for those who actually spent their human lives prior to the date of redemption. Rather I look to see how what is written then may have an impact on us. We can still affect what happens now, but anyone already returned to the dust, it is too late anyway.

But there is no similarity to being an unregenerate man condemned by a Law which you cannot keep, and have already broken, and are already condemned by, which is the position of the Israelite under the Law, and a salvation that comes not through anything you do, but all is done for you, and instead of a child of Adam, condemned by the Law, we can be children of God, received in mercy and grace.
God weighs what was given to any man against what any man has done with what he was given. Because we could not do that doesn't mean that God cannot and that there is no similarity. I do believe that Jesus' words here apply to every person born to woman from the Garden of Eden to now:

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

What has a man been given? A certain allotment of time; a certain mental ability [or the lack thereof];
useful education [or the lack thereof]; certain materials riches [or the lack thereof]; certain other favorable or unfavorable 'accidents' of birth [place, circumstances, etc.]; parents who knew and served God, or did NOT; good prophets of God, or NOT; written scriptures in different portion, or NOT; and so forth.

How many people in the OT time periods could read and how many of those who could had as much of the written scriptures to read as we do? Even today the difference between the things given to a child born in a grass hut in Haiti and a poor child in foster care in California is tremendous... but our God is able to correctly weigh those differences with the final results for each child and fairly judge.
Those condemned could offer sacrifice day by day and year by year, and prevent their destruction, offered in faith. But only in Christ's death are our sins removed.

We really do have better promises.

Much love!
This is precisely my point! We do have better things, but what have we been doing with them? This is what God is weighing. No one but He is able to do so and come up with a fair conclusion. He is just. He is fair. He is no respecter of persons. He has never changed!

Reactions: Azim

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:26-29 KJV
[26] For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called : [27] But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; [28] And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: [29] That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Tecarta Bible

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do have better things, but what have we been doing with them?
Better things? Specifically a better covenant. Better promises. What should we be doing? Believing them. And if you don't, what part doyou have?