The Bible puts us at a Crossroads

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Episkopos.

Do you sin?

Be bold! Be brave! Be real!

Can you?

Will you?

Probably not.

@Episkopos

2 Corinthians 4:2
"But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...If we do NOT endure with Him to the end of our course [our allotted time] then we have cut ourselves off.
That's not Scriptural understanding.
Perhaps it is not your "scriptural" understanding, but it is mine:

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die..." Heb 9:27

"Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?" II Cor 13:5

ÅAdmivn Adokimos (ad-ok'-ee-mos);
Word Origin: Greek, Adjective, Strong #: 96

1. not standing the test, not approved
    1. properly used of metals and coins
  2. that which does not prove itself such as it ought
    1. unfit for, unproved, spurious, reprobate
So then a reprobate is one who knew the truth, and even walked in the truth, and had Jesus in him, but then seemingly quit for whatever reason [weary in well doing?] before he ran out of time. Surely Paul was writing to people who still had time left?!?!

"... but he that endureth to the end shall be saved." Matt 10:22

God does not cut people off. People cut themselves off when they knowingly disobey what God has already told them to do.

A reprobate would also be one of those who blasphemed the Holy Ghost:

"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men." Matt 12:31

One cuts himself off when he really understands how wrong his action or inaction against God is and goes ahead and does it anyway. This will never be done by a person ignorant of the things of God. It will never be done by one who has always been an unbeliever.

1 John 2
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Those who are true remain. Those who do not remain were not true. This is the Scriptural teaching.

Much love!

Reactions: Azim and Acolyte

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Better things? Specifically a better covenant. Better promises. What should we be doing? Believing them. And if you don't, what part doyou have?
Perhaps one day you will understand what I said to you.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An eternity With the wise noble debaters would be my idea of hell

Where is the philosopher? Where is the scholar? Where is the debater of this age? Hasn’t God made the world’s wisdom foolish?

1 Corinthians 1:20 Holman

Reactions: farouk

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then a reprobate is one who knew the truth, and even walked in the truth, and had Jesus in him, but then seemingly quit for whatever reason [weary in well doing?] before he ran out of time.

Really? A reprobate, in this place in Scripture, is one who was rejected upon testing. There is no presumption that this person was a born from above child of God indwelt by Jesus.

Even in this passage, God shows the contrast,

how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates

Is Christ in you, or, are you reprobate? That's what's being discussed. Not, you have Christ in you, but now you are reprobate. If that were so, well, what of the fact that we are accepted by God not for our works, but by a new birth in Christ?

Your description of the Gospel fits with the OT Law, but not the Gospel of Christ.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps one day you will understand what I said to you.
I believe I do understand.

Your doctrine, If I do understand, is much like episkopos, that you gain entrance to the race by faith in Chirst, but unless you finish with the right stuff, you still lose. And that's not the teaching of Scripture. That's the OT, not the NT.

The Bible teaches us that those who are true remain in faith, and those who never were true may look like it, but they will eventually reveal that they never were true.

Like Jesus saying, I never knew you. Not, I no longer knew you, rather, I never knew you.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? A reprobate, in this place in Scripture, is one who was rejected upon testing. There is no presumption that this person was a born from above child of God indwelt by Jesus.

Even in this passage, God shows the contrast,

Is Christ in you, or, are you reprobate? That's what's being discussed. Not, you have Christ in you, but now you are reprobate. If that were so, well, what of the fact that we are accepted by God not for our works, but by a new birth in Christ?

Your description of the Gospel fits with the OT Law, but not the Gospel of Christ.

Much love!
See my next reply.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe I do understand.
No, you most certainly do not!
Your doctrine, If I do understand, is much like episkopos, that you gain entrance to the race by faith in Chirst, but unless you finish with the right stuff, you still lose. And that's not the teaching of Scripture. That's the OT, not the NT.
You understand neither the OT nor the NT as I understand them in and according to the scriptures. Since you have blocked me I leave it between you and God. He may have a way to run your blockade. I do not.
The Bible teaches us that those who are true remain in faith, and those who never were true may look like it, but they will eventually reveal that they never were true.

Like Jesus saying, I never knew you. Not, I no longer knew you, rather, I never knew you.

Much love!
You have already decided what the answer is, there I am blocked and really, it seems to me God is also blocked.

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting, but I really heard no answer from you. I regularly give God the glory in my heart and with words because He has really done so much for me over the years of my life. To give God such glory, really, we must somewhere sometime have come to recognize who He is and understand at least a measure of His purpose for us. I have and I do, but this is not my place for another testimony. I was asking about you. I have noticed that while sometimes your responses to people's words are almost enthusiastic, at other times you express doubt, or even darkness. Am I missing something important here? Is there anything I can do to help?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
1 Corinthians 1:26-29 KJV
[26] For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called : [27] But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; [28] And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: [29] That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Tecarta Bible
The chapter ends by telling readers that the Lord Jesus 'of God is made unto us wisdom'.

Reactions: Waiting on him