The Bible Says?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
So the Bible can be wrong then, according to you.

I am sorry that I can’t make myself understood, by you.

I never said the bible could be wrong, but the people teaching and doing the interpretation sure can be wrong.

I wonder are you not comfortable with leaving a post out where others can read it, that says one should check with Jesus to see if one’s interpretation is right?

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Tell me, what interpretation needs to be done for this verse?

"For the wages of sin is death."
???????????

Apparently it looks to me like... The wages of sin is death.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Tell me, what interpretation needs to be done for this verse?

"For the wages of sin is death."
???????????

Apparently it looks to me like... The wages of sin is death.
That answer could very from person to person. Only Jesus knows what kind of death, what sort of sin are we talking about? God can only explain this.

John said not all sin leads to death? Hebrews says a deliberate sin is death. There is much a person needs to know, and only God knows how to teach a person to live his Word.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Only Jesus knows what kind of death, what sort of sin are we talking about? God can only explain this.

The Bible tells us what sin is in 1 John 3:4.

In verses like Ezekiel 18:4 we know it's spiritual death- something more than bodily.

The interpretation is right there in the Bible. You just have to read it.

John said not all sin leads to death? Hebrews says a deliberate sin is death. There is much a person needs to know, and only God knows how to teach a person to live his Word.
As far as this goes, Hebrews is written and dealing with those saved and Romans was a general statement about sin.

READ THE CONTEXT. It's as simple as that, really.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
[/b]
The Bible tells us what sin is in 1 John 3:4.

In verses like Ezekiel 18:4 we know it's spiritual death- something more than bodily.

The interpretation is right there in the Bible. You just have to read it.

As far as this goes, Hebrews is written and dealing with those saved and Romans was a general statement about sin.

READ THE CONTEXT. It's as simple as that, really.

Now if it is so simple as you are trying to say, they why is there so much division in the Christian Church?

We are to be taught by the Holy Spirit/Jesus. Why do you keep ignoring these scriptures that tell us this is true?

(1 John 2:26-27) “I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.”

Jesus said: (John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thankful 1:

Man says and teaches what he believes the Bible teaches and is saying.

Yes, and every man believes that he is right. Apparently, some men must be wrong

God teaches us what the Bible truly says.

Of course, God has taught many men some things, but left many of those same men with incomplete knowledge because they did not continue to ask for more. The result of this in many cases is a mixed message [partially God's and partially men's] being taught by some men. How can we tell the difference?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know it's the Holy Spirit and not an evil spirit? Without the Bible, you don't.

Psalm 119:105 (NKJV)
[sup]105 [/sup]Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.

Was His Word in a book when God spoke to Elijah?

"And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

And it was so, when Elijah heard it that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?" I Kings 19;12-13

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me" John 10:27

Are we not able to hear the voice of Jesus? If not, then should we not pray to the Lord that He might allow us to hear Him?

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Yes, and every man believes that he is right. Apparently, some men must be wrong

Of course, God has taught many men some things, but left many of those same men with incomplete knowledge because they did not continue to ask for more. The result of this in many cases is a mixed message [partially God's and partially men's] being taught by some men. How can we tell the difference?

Just like you tell a counterfeit dollar from a real one. You know what a real dollar looks like, you have studied the real one thoroughly. You also do not want to be studying a copy of a dollar bill you want the original version.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

One can listen to man tell him or her about God. But the only way one can know for sure what is truth, is to ask Jesus.

I personally don’t believe that there is many people who even believe that one can ask Jesus a question and have him give them an answer.

Because of this lack of belief, people have become dependent on men to explain to them about God. Or if not some one else, I believe people only depend on what he or she reads, and wants to believe.

Scripture tells us that one can only come to know God if he or she lets God teach him or her.

A personal relationship with Jesus is the only way one can come to know God.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Was His Word in a book when God spoke to Elijah?

Well I don't know, but it's in a Book now for us.
"And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

And it was so, when Elijah heard it that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?" I Kings 19;12-13

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me" John 10:27

Are we not able to hear the voice of Jesus? If not, then should we not pray to the Lord that He might allow us to hear Him?
We cannot discern the voice of God from the voice of Satan without knowing the Bible. Those who discard the Bible are at the mercy of Satan. Satan has no mercy.

I personally don’t believe that there is many people who even believe that one can ask Jesus a question and have him give them an answer.
How do you know if it's Jesus or Satan who answers? Without the Bible, you don't know.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Now if it is so simple as you are trying to say, they why is there so much division in the Christian Church?
There's really no division I know of over these verses. The Christian church acknowledges the wages of sin is death. You're the first person I've seen to deny what's clearly written.

We are to be taught by the Holy Spirit/Jesus. Why do you keep ignoring these scriptures that tell us this is true?

I'm not. I believe them.
You go to math class to be taught to a teacher. That teacher will teach you, out of the book she has given everyone, and she will teach you the math operations and how to solve problems.
Ordinarily this works great. But sometimes false substitute teachers come in and teach you math contrary to what's given.
If we are blindly following the teacher- they might teach us something that the book says is wrong. Thankfully we have the book to know weather or not to judge if the teacher is teaching us right or wrong.

He's not our personal question-answering-service.
He's only going to tell you what you need to know, and only if it's part of his will.

"And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him."

Notice the condition.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is it not odd, that one would say, that they can hear the holy spirirt, but need a book to judge what is right, so what is it, you cannot hear the holy spirirt or are you calling Him a liar, or is it you do not believe Him, those are the only 3 choices .

Its like this.

You can hear the Holy Spirit, all He tells you is truth, so you do not question Him ro need to chexk
you are not hearing the holy spirit so you need to check becuase it is not him
you can hear him but you do not believe Him, whch is a contradiction as in a way you are calling Him a liar, whch is akin to calling God and Jesus a liar, since they all agree with one another.

in His Love

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it not odd, that one would say, that they can hear the holy spirirt, but need a book to judge what is right,

That's exactly what the Bereans did and they were commended for it.

Act 17:10 The brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived they went into the Jewish synagogue.
Act 17:11 Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God. . .

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Is it not odd, that one would say, that they can hear the holy spirirt, but need a book to judge what is right, so what is it, you cannot hear the holy spirirt or are you calling Him a liar, or is it you do not believe Him, those are the only 3 choices .

Its like this.

You can hear the Holy Spirit, all He tells you is truth, so you do not question Him ro need to chexk
you are not hearing the holy spirit so you need to check becuase it is not him
you can hear him but you do not believe Him, whch is a contradiction as in a way you are calling Him a liar, whch is akin to calling God and Jesus a liar, since they all agree with one another.

in His Love

Why is it you all seem to be putting words in my post that are not put there by me?

I never said that I did not use the bible. Jesus has personally had me open the bible to verses to explain those verses to me.

Again I say: it is not the bible that is wrong; it is man’s interpretation of the bible that is so often wrong.

There's really no division I know of over these verses. The Christian church acknowledges the wages of sin is death. You're the first person I've seen to deny what's clearly written.

[/font][/size]
I'm not. I believe them.
You go to math class to be taught to a teacher. That teacher will teach you, out of the book she has given everyone, and she will teach you the math operations and how to solve problems.
Ordinarily this works great. But sometimes false substitute teachers come in and teach you math contrary to what's given.
If we are blindly following the teacher- they might teach us something that the book says is wrong. Thankfully we have the book to know weather or not to judge if the teacher is teaching us right or wrong.

[/font][/size]
He's not our personal question-answering-service.
He's only going to tell you what you need to know, and only if it's part of his will.

"And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him."

Notice the condition.

Who ever told you that Jesus/HolySpirit was not one’s personal question and answering service?

I for one can witness that is not so.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I don't know, but it's in a Book now for us.

And thank God that He gave us the Book, but that puts a requirement on us that is perhaps higher than the requirement on Elijah who apparently didn't have a written Book to read and study.

Remember this:

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required : and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

Duckybill: We cannot discern the voice of God from the voice of Satan without knowing the Bible. Those who discard the Bible are at the mercy of Satan. Satan has no mercy.

Who is discarding the Bible? Not me! I have read it every day for many years. I would be lost without my daily bread. But... that is only the flesh. I must also never forget to drink also the wine on a daily basis or I remain a dead carcase. One question on this though! How did you or me know that we needed to come to Him to fill up the emptiness, the deadness, within us before we knew what the Bible contained?

How did God speak to Samuel the first time? Does He always speak to every man in the same way?

How do you know if it's Jesus or Satan who answers? Without the Bible, you don't know.

Yes, the Bible contains the answers, but not just any Bible reader will understand what he reads alone. Where was the Ethiopean eunoch without Philip; and where was Philip without God's Spirit? It is the Spirit that quickens what we hear or read from the Bible bringing to Life within us.

Once we are beginning to hear His voice and to see His face, aren't we moving into His name? The Bible does speak about being in His name! Isn't this where Jesus kept His disciples? Isn't this where He will keep us if we are His disciples? Will we not converse with Him as a friend when we get close to Him?

Did no one ever get into His name before there was a written Bible?

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Or the fourth, the ability of the enemy to masquerade as the spirit of light.

Who ever told you that Jesus/HolySpirit was not one’s personal question and answering service?
Um, THE BIBLE. Did you not read what I posted?
He'll only hear and respond to what's according to his will.

If you pray for how to obtain 40 virgins I'm going to guess that it's not part of his will and he's not going to answer you.

It is the Spirit that quickens what we hear or read from the Bible bringing to Life within us.
Absolutely and often he'll use other people to do that. Just look at Paul: led by the Spirit, to inform others. Many times he can directly speak to you. But we must ALL be on alert for falseness. Remember, the early church: THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT WALKED WITH CHRIST HIMSELF, were tricked. We are no better than they are.

Remember: there was no NT in their day. The Spirit spoke to the Apostles, the Apostles wrote what they were led to write- and now we have the communicated words of God on paper. The truth is part of the salvation process. It might be spoken or someone might read it, but the Bible contains this truth.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Or the fourth, the ability of the enemy to masquerade as the spirit of light.

Um, THE BIBLE. Did you not read what I posted?
He'll only hear and respond to what's according to his will.

If you pray for how to obtain 40 virgins I'm going to guess that it's not part of his will and he's not going to answer you.

Absolutely and often he'll use other people to do that. Just look at Paul: led by the Spirit, to inform others. Many times he can directly speak to you. But we must ALL be on alert for falseness. Remember, the early church: THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT WALKED WITH CHRIST HIMSELF, were tricked. We are no better than they are.

Remember: there was no NT in their day. The Spirit spoke to the Apostles, the Apostles wrote what they were led to write- and now we have the communicated words of God on paper. The truth is part of the salvation process. It might be spoken or someone might read it, but the Bible contains this truth.

(John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

“But they will never follow a stranger. I have heard his voice and there is no danger that Satan could ever make me believe he is Jesus. Satan cannot imitate the peace that comes with Jesus either. When Satan is around I lose all peace.

You are wrong about Jesus answering me. He will tell me no if he does not want me to know. Jesus is my friend, and he would never ignore me, by not answering a question. He answers at least with an yes or no.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Your problem is that passage isn't dealing with prayer, sorry. Try again.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
How do you know it's the Holy Spirit and not an evil spirit? Without the Bible, you don't.

Psalm 119:105 (NKJV)
[sup]105 [/sup]Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.

It's called the spiritual gift of discerning of spirits.
smile.gif