The Bible Says?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Larry Conlley

Jun 29, 2010
"No matter who tells you anything about God, you are to ask Jesus if it is right or wrong. " If I ask Jesus if he answers your questions that you ask him about God, what answer would he give me?

Reactions: TexUs

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadeus: It is the Spirit that quickens what we hear or read from the Bible bringing to Life within us.

TexUs: Absolutely and often he'll use other people to do that. Just look at Paul: led by the Spirit, to inform others. Many times he can directly speak to you. But we must ALL be on alert for falseness. Remember, the early church: THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT WALKED WITH CHRIST HIMSELF, were tricked. We are no better than they are.

Remember: there was no NT in their day. The Spirit spoke to the Apostles, the Apostles wrote what they were led to write- and now we have the communicated words of God on paper. The truth is part of the salvation process. It might be spoken or someone might read it, but the Bible contains this truth.

No, we are no better than anyone that has ever lived. If there is something "good" in us, it is a bit of the only One that is "good", God!

Aye, they had no written NT so the Spirit spoke to the Apostles and they wrote as they were inspired to do so. The Bible does contain the Truth, but without the leading and teaching of God's Spirit, no man could understand what God is saying to us through it. It would be like one great big parable. Fortunately, God gave each of us something start with even before we were baptised in the Holy Ghost.

"That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world." John 1:9

This Light that lighteth every one of us is what allows us to hear God for the first time and to repent and to hopefully ask for more...

One the things included in the "more" would be the gift of the Holy Ghost, which is then able to lead us into all Truth.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
"No matter who tells you anything about God, you are to ask Jesus if it is right or wrong. " If I ask Jesus if he answers your questions that you ask him about God, what answer would he give me?

I do not know what God would tell you. I do know what he told me. Jesus once told to stop trying to figure him out, and just follow him.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
No, we are no better than anyone that has ever lived.

Aye, they had no written NT so the Spirit spoke to the Apostles and they wrote as they were inspired to do so. The Bible does contain the Truth, but without the leading and teaching of God's Spirit, no man could understand what God is saying to us through it. It would be like one great big parable. Fortunately, God gave each of us something start with even before we were baptised in the Holy Ghost.
My point was that the Bible was used to verify what they were told.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

Larry, I may have read your post wrong the first time.

I believe you are asking what Jesus would tell you about what I am sharing. Well again I do not know. A personal relationship is just that. Jesus will tell you what he believes you need to know.

I know from experience that what he tells me is not always what he tells others.

What is important is to hear and obey Jesus. That means do as Jesus tells you to do.

I personally don’t expect people to believe me or do as Jesus has told me to do.

My job is to give a word. I am not a teacher. I am not a pastor. I am not an evangelist. I am only a person Jesus chose to give a word to others.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

The fruit produced by the teachings one receives is the best check of what is being taught. If the fruit is good then it is God.

It so hard to use the bible to confirm if what one is told by a spirit is true.

Example: Jesus told me that Christians are dead to sin. Told me that Christians do not sin. Also Jesus told me that we were not to hurt/harm anyone for any reason. There are many verses in scripture that tell us the same thing. But man will take the bible and find verses that say what I just shared is wrong.

I know it was God that told me, but the only way anyone can know for sure is to ask Jesus him or herself. Then see what the fruit you produce is like.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am not disagreeing with you, but God is not now limited in His methods. The Bible is that extra something that can be used when two or more are gathered, but one or more fo them is not yet completely in His name. This last is an all too frequent occurrence in church assemblies.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus once told to stop trying to figure him out, and just follow him.

figure out- know and comprehend the nature or meaning of;

That doesn't sound like something Jesus would say to me. It could be interpreted to mean that Jesus doesn't want us to really know anything about him but just to follow him. If Jesus didn't want us to "figure him out" and just follow him then why is it important to know him and the only true God? Eternal life means to know the only true God and Jesus whom He sent. How can you follow someone you don't know anything about? But yet you say Jesus told you to stop trying to figure him out and just follow him. We can't know the only true God without knowing Jesus because Jesus revealed Him and made Him known to us. I think we do need to figure him out(know and understand him) and I don't think he will try to stop us from doing that or tell us to stop trying to do that. If I were you, I would be more careful in quoting Jesus.

John 17:3 [sup]3[/sup]"This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
The fruit produced by the teachings one receives is the best check of what is being taught. If the fruit is good then it is God.

For the millionth time,
On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

The fruit itself, isn't enough. There's plenty of people that have good fruit. But- THE BIBLE ITSELF tells us this fruit wasn't enough. You must weigh the legitimacy of that fruit by what God has told us (Bible).

It so hard to use the bible to confirm if what one is told by a spirit is true.

No, it's not. If what the Spirit has told you is true, it won't contradict it.

Example: Jesus told me that Christians are dead to sin. Told me that Christians do not sin.

And that'd be a false Spirit telling you that.
Moses was a murderer. David was an adulterer. Abraham was a liar. Paul still struggled with sin. There is not anyone that does good.

You yourself sin by teaching a gospel contrary to the one given in the Bible.

What if Jesus told me that Christians do sin but when that happens, I'm supposed to run back to him? Suddenly, we'd have two different Spirits contradicting each other. One of them would certainly be a false Spirit. Thus, how do we know? We verify it by God's Word.

figure out- know and comprehend the nature or meaning of;
That doesn't sound like something Jesus would say to me. It could be interpreted to mean that Jesus doesn't want us to really know anything about him but just to follow him. If Jesus didn't want us to "figure him out" and just follow him then why is it important to know him and the only true God?
Not to mention that Paul must've just been rambling on when he wrote passages about the image of the invisible God, etc... Because if it really doesn't matter (Even though the Bible says ALL Scripture has use), it must be nothing more than wasted space.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
[/color]
For the millionth time,
On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

The fruit itself, isn't enough. There's plenty of people that have good fruit. But- THE BIBLE ITSELF tells us this fruit wasn't enough. You must weigh the legitimacy of that fruit by what God has told us (Bible).

[/color]
No, it's not. If what the Spirit has told you is true, it won't contradict it.

[/color]
And that'd be a false Spirit telling you that.
Moses was a murderer. David was an adulterer. Abraham was a liar. Paul still struggled with sin. There is not anyone that does good.

You yourself sin by teaching a gospel contrary to the one given in the Bible.

What if Jesus told me that Christians do sin but when that happens, I'm supposed to run back to him? Suddenly, we'd have two different Spirits contradicting each other. One of them would certainly be a false Spirit. Thus, how do we know? We verify it by God's Word.

Not to mention that Paul must've just been rambling on when he wrote passages about the image of the invisible God, etc... Because if it really doesn't matter (Even though the Bible says ALL Scripture has use), it must be nothing more than wasted space.

Thank you forproving my point.

(1John 4:1-3) “Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God:Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.”

The spirit that is leading me has acknowledged that Jesus came in the flesh. You want to know some thing else he has also told me he is God. I asked him if he was Jesus and he said yes. So the spirit that is teaching me is Jesus my lord and God.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Ahhh so false spirits can't lie? Since it SAID it was Jesus, it must be true. :rolleyes:

I wonder why he's called the deceiver? Because, he SURELY can't lie about being someone he's not.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us not forget that evil spirits know who Jesus is and they know the scriptures.

Mark 5: [sup]1[/sup] They came to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Gerasenes. [sup]2[/sup]And when Jesus had stepped out of the boat, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit. [sup]3[/sup]He lived among the tombs. And no one could bind him anymore, not even with a chain, [sup]4[/sup]for he had often been bound with shackles and chains, but he wrenched the chains apart, and he broke the shackles in pieces. No one had the strength to subdue him. [sup]5[/sup]Night and day among the tombs and on the mountains he was always crying out and cutting himself with stones. [sup]6[/sup]And when he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and fell down before him. [sup]7[/sup]And crying out with a loud voice, he said, "What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I adjure you by God, do not torment me." [sup]8[/sup]For he was saying to him,
"Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!" [sup]9[/sup]And Jesus asked him, "What is your name?" He replied, "My name is Legion, for we are many." [sup]10[/sup]And he begged him earnestly not to send them out of the country. [sup]11[/sup]Now a great herd of pigs was feeding there on the hillside, [sup]12[/sup]and they begged him, saying, "Send us to the pigs; let us enter them." [sup]13[/sup]So he gave them permission. And the unclean spirits came out, and entered the pigs, and the herd, numbering about two thousand, rushed down the steep bank into the sea and were drowned in the sea.

Matthew 8:29
“What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”

Matt. 4: [sup]5[/sup] Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. [sup]6[/sup] “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written: “‘He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’

Acts 16: [sup]16[/sup] Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a female slave who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling. [sup]17[/sup] She followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved.” [sup]18[/sup] She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so annoyed that he turned around and said to the spirit, “In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!” At that moment the spirit left her.
2Cor. 11:[sup]14[/sup] And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. [sup]15[/sup] It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Thankful,
2 Corinthians 11:14, "And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light."
[font="Arial][color="#001320"]False spirits can lie. [/color][/font]
[font="Arial][color="#001320"]
[/color][/font]
You are maintaining what this spirit told you as higher than that which the Bible tells you based on the assumption that it's Christ (your own words).You must ask yourself if what this spirit told you was a lie.

Let's assume for a minute it was a lie. And you have been preaching a false gospel, a lie.

Galatians 1:8, "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!"
This would apply to you.

This would frighten the hell out of me. It should frighten the hell out of you. I certainly wouldn't be taking the relaxed and overly-confident approach that you are to this.

My point is only, you must ask yourself weather or not what you were told is a lie.

There's one way to do that. The communicated and written Word of God.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Thankful,
2 Corinthians 11:14, "[font="Arial][size="4"]And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light."[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][color="#001320"]False spirits can lie. [/color][/font]
[font="Arial][color="#001320"] [/color][/font]
You are maintaining what this spirit told you as higher than that which the Bible tells you based on the assumption that it's Christ (your own words).You must ask yourself if what this spirit told you was a lie.
Let's assume for a minute it was a lie. And you have been preaching a false gospel, a lie.

Galatians 1:8, "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!"
This would apply to you.

This would frighten the hell out of me. It should frighten the hell out of you. I certainly wouldn't be taking the relaxed and overly-confident approach that you are to this.

My point is only, you must ask yourself weather or not what you were told is a lie.

There's one way to do that. The communicated and written Word of God.

(John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger;in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(John 10:1-5), and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

Do you really think Jesus would say stop trying to figure me out? Translation; Stop trying to know and understand me.
The spirits who are secretive, demanding, like to argue and lie are the ones who we know are evil. They are the ones who want to keep us in the dark. But Jesus is light.

"stop trying to figure me out",; this is a voice I would not follow.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you really think Jesus would say stop trying to figure me out? Translation; Stop trying to know and understand me.
The spirits who are secretive, demanding, like to argue and lie are the ones who we know are evil. They are the ones who want to keep us in the dark. But Jesus is light.

This is a voice I would not follow.
But they will never follow a stranger;in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
(John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger;in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."
Perhaps, and I'm glad you arrived at this conclusion on your own, you're not one of the sheep. You are, after all, following a false gospel that calls itself "Christ".

One must be blind to see why an evil spirit wouldn't try to tell someone not to check them out farther.

If I'm trying to commit identity theft or something, I sure wouldn't tell someone, "check out my creditability even farther, go even deeper to verify me". No, "stop trying to figure me out, TRUST me" would be what I told the person I was trying to deceive.

In fact God gave us many letters for the very purpose of revealing himself to us. It's what'll happen in Revelation (ever wonder where the name came from?). I do not see anywhere Scripturally, indeed it goes against it, where Christ would say, "stop trying to figure me out".