The Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Elihoenai

Mar 2, 2020
London, England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Elihoenai,

All I need to know is how the Scriptures use the word, 'mortify': the video illustration was enough to put me off watching the video, I did not want more of the same.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Unadvisedly you are engaged in censorship. When we post, it is for Elohim/God, so that all members and non-members can read and assess the content for themselves.

Indeed, hold fast to the Scriptures!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible reveals the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter. Here Paradise is gained, Heaven opened, and hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand object, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It shall fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully. It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened in the judgment and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, promises the highest reward for labor, and condemns all who trifle with its sacred contents.

Nice bit of cut and paste. I heard a preacher quote this about 40 years ago.

Reactions: My Dreams

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible reveals the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter. Here Paradise is gained, Heaven opened, and hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand object, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It shall fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully. It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened in the judgment and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, promises the highest reward for labor, and condemns all who trifle with its sacred contents.
I love the way you think!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
promises the highest reward for labor
Regarding some aspects, thoughts, ideas about 'labor' and 'reward' ...

Study Bible
A Good Minister of Jesus Christ
…But reject irreverent and silly myths. Instead, train yourself for godliness. For physical exercise is of limited value, but godliness is valuable in every way, holding promise for the present life and for the one to come. This is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance.…
Berean Study Bible · Download

1 Timothy