The Blessed Hope: The Second Coming Of Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it doesn't. We could debate it if you wish, but why?

Much love!
Actually it does, if you read how Zechariah 14 proves the day of the lord is part of the second coming.

But you’re right - cognitive dissonance keeps pre tribbers from any other eschatology than their “escape from any inconvenience or bother as American Christians” view, who think they are exempt from the tribulation Christians all around the world live in, daily.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, so who are the guests?

the bad and the good?

The rest of that Matthew 22 wedding supper passage shows that the unrighteous will be removed from the wedding supper, and cast into hell - and disproves OSAS, too.

Pure white raiment (robes) are the righteousness of saints, and become part of their wedding attire, as shown by the other wedding supper account in Revelation 19:

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Believers get white robes of righteousness, but can defile their robes - if they defile their robes, they’ve defiled their righteousness.

Most of those in the church at Sardis had defiled their white robes:

Rev 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Names are blotted out of the book of life, if we fail to overcome, Jesus warns.

Jesus also warned a church in Revelation that many of them had not just soiled their robes, but had lost them completely, and were naked.

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

The man at the wedding supper in Matthew 22 had lost his white raiment (which is the righteousness of saints) - and was speechless and shocked, because like those in Revelation 3:17-18, he thought he was clothed, but was naked - and Jesus threw him out of the wedding supper of the lamb, and into outer darkness (hell):

Mat 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:

Mat 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

Mat 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast himinto outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (hell)

How is it that those in Revelation 3:17-18 were naked, but thought they were clothed?

They obviously did something to defile their garments, that they mistakenly thought was ok with God.

In other words, they believed they could live a sinful life, and remain in Christ.

They were deceived by OSAS into thinking grace was a license to sin, with no eternal consequences, despite Paul’s many warnings to the brethren, to not be deceived.

And the naked guest in Matthew 22 was in the same sad situation.

Shalom Aleichem

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell that to the guest who showed up without a garment . Cast out He was .
NO faith in JESUS , means no eternal life but rather damnation of soul .
We must stick to the original gospel my friend .
JESUS made it a point to talk about the man that showed up without a garment .
I do not understand your point. I only quoted scripture and asked a question. Where did I depart from what is in the scripture?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree here, many people want to escape.
While many people "want to escape" it is God who determines all things. God provides a way of escape for His saints who are not subject to wrath.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Analyzing 2 Thessalonians 2:

2Th 2:1 Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers,

The coming of our Lord, is obviously His second coming. In verse 1, Paul links His second coming, to the rapture. Already the pre-trib eschatology that the rapture is a different event, and comes before His second coming, is disproven.

2Th 2:2 not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.

2Th 2:3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,

The day of the lord can not come, until the rebellion occurs, and the son of perdition is revealed. From other scripture, we know that the son of perdition reveals himself to be the antichrist by causing an abomination of desolation, by stepping into the temple and claiming to be God, in the middle of Daniels 70th week- a mid-trib event.

Thus the Day of the Lord cannot occur until after the mid-trib Son Of Perdition event does.

The pre-trib claim made for this passage is that the second coming of Jesus, and the day of the Lord occur at very different times, therefore denying that the passage shows that the second coming and rapture cannot occur until the mid-trib point.

But the monkey wrench in separating the second coming from the day of the lord, in order to negate a mid-trib rapture, is Zechariah 14:1 and Zechariah 14:5 - which link the second coming of Jesus, and the day of the lord, together.

The day of the lord is in verse 1, the second coming of Jesus with all His saints, is in verse 5.

Yes, that’s His second coming. He ascended from mount Olive, and the angel said His return would be the same as His ascension to heaven.

(He ascends with the apostles watching, then Acts says the apostles returned back from mount olive, so that’s where He ascended from).

Therefore we know these things: the second coming, the day of the lord, and our gathering together to be with Him, occur together, after the son of perdition mid trib event occurs.

Sorry, pre- tribbers . It’s a mid trib, pre mark, pre wrath, premillennial event.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. But is has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the Resurrection/Rapture.

Except 2 Thessalonians 2:1 links the rapture to the second coming of Jesus.

I realize that’s a very inconvenient fact.

See post #47.

Shalom

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rest of that Matthew 22 wedding supper passage shows that the unrighteous will be removed from the wedding supper, and cast into hell - and disproves OSAS, too.

Pure white raiment (robes) are the righteousness of saints, and become part of their wedding attire, as shown by the other wedding supper account in Revelation 19:

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Believers get white robes of righteousness, but can defile their robes - if they defile their robes, they’ve defiled their righteousness.

Most of those in the church at Sardis had defiled their white robes:

Rev 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Names are blotted out of the book of life, if we fail to overcome, Jesus warns.

Jesus also warned a church in Revelation that many of them had not just soiled their robes, but had lost them completely, and were naked.

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

The man at the wedding supper in Matthew 22 had lost his white raiment (which is the righteousness of saints) - and was speechless and shocked, because like those in Revelation 3:17-18, he thought he was clothed, but was naked - and Jesus threw him out of the wedding supper of the lamb, and into outer darkness (hell):

Mat 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:

Mat 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

Mat 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast himinto outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (hell)

How is it that those in Revelation 3:17-18 were naked, but thought they were clothed?

They obviously did something to defile their garments, that they mistakenly thought was ok with God.

In other words, they believed they could live a sinful life, and remain in Christ.

They were deceived by OSAS into thinking grace was a license to sin, with no eternal consequences, despite Paul’s many warnings to the brethren, to not be deceived.

And the naked guest in Matthew 22 was in the same sad situation.

Shalom Aleichem
So you believe the marriage of the Lamb is something futuristic?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually it does, if you read how Zechariah 14 proves the day of the lord is part of the second coming.

But you’re right - cognitive dissonance keeps pre tribbers from any other eschatology than their “escape from any inconvenience or bother as American Christians” view, who think they are exempt from the tribulation Christians all around the world live in, daily.
You might consider the expression 'the day of the Lord' has two applications. There is the Second Coming when the righteous dead are resurrected and with the living are changed from mortal to immortal then meet the Lord in the air 1 Thessalonians 4:16. Then there is the event which occurs at a latter stage where the wicked dead are resurrected. Revelation 20:5-15

Reactions: Brakelite

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I realize that’s a very inconvenient fact.
Not at all. In fact it supports the belief that the Resurrection/Rapture must PRECEDE the revelation of the Antichrist. And the reign of the Antichrist corresponds to the Tribulation. Which means that the Bible doctrine of the Pre-Tribulation Rapture is consistent with all Bible facts and all Gospel truth.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all. In fact it supports the belief that the Resurrection/Rapture must PRECEDE the revelation of the Antichrist. And the reign of the Antichrist corresponds to the Tribulation. Which means that the Bible doctrine of the Pre-Tribulation Rapture is consistent with all Bible facts and all Gospel truth.
That’s not what it says.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you’re right - cognitive dissonance keeps pre tribbers from any
That right there tells me I made the right choice. I've had sufficient of this style debate.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
than their “escape from any inconvenience or bother as American Christians” view, who think they are exempt from the tribulation Christians all around the world live in, daily.
Which likewise demonstrates a completely erroneous understanding of my view. Or just a very negative misrepresentation, or needless denigration. So there ya go!

Much love!