The Blessed Hope: The Second Coming Of Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’d kinda like to see my grandchildren get a chance to witness Him myself. I realize many people have miserable lives and want to escape their reality, but for me I’ll continue to suffer this crap if it means others will come to know Him.

Reactions: marks

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It has been referred to as the Christian’s greatest hope. From the prophets and patriarchs of old, to the early church, to the Protestant Reformers, the visible, literal, and glorious coming of Jesus Christ has been their most cherished expectation. But that seems to have become a lost relic to most of Christendom. Instead, a plethora of human and ecclesiastical inventions has taken its place. Was the early church wrong? Has God changed His mind, or, are His people being woefully deceived?

The Apostle John, in the book of Revelation, poignantly declares, “Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen” (Revelation 1:7). The Savior Himself foretells, “Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other” (Matthew 24:29-31). The Gospel writer Luke shares the testimony of the angels, “And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven” (Acts 1:10-11).

The Blessed Hope, the visible, literal, glorious appearing of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, is certain. The ancients look forward to it. For example, the patriarch Job, finding himself in the most despicable of the physical human condition, declared, “For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me” (Job 19:25-27). King David exclaimed, “Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him” (Psalms 50:3).

The angels promise it. The early church believed it. But most of all, The Savior assures us of it. Says He, “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also” (John 14:1-3). The apostle Paul makes the Blessed Hope his focal point in outlining the plan of human redemption to the young minister, Titus. He writes, “For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ” (Titus 2:11-13)

As the world crumbles from the weight of sin, the Christian must have faith in that Blessed Hope. Now is not the time to get discouraged, fearful, and despondent. For not too distant, the heavens will roll back and the Lord will descend. Men may be deceived by popular fiction and grandiose, money-making Hollywood productions; but God has not changed His mind. The patriarchs, prophets, early, and Protestant Reformers had it right. Be faithful and true to His word and he shall grant you a crown of eternal life and an existence of immortal glory. Hold fast to the Blessed Hope.

We Have This Hope

We have this hope that burns within our hearts,
Hope in the coming of the Lord.
We have this faith that Christ alone imparts,
Faith in the promise of His Word.
We believe the time is here,
When the nations far and near
Shall awake, and shout, and sing
Hallelujah! Christ is King!

We are united in Jesus Christ our Lord.
We are united in His love.
Love for the waiting people of the world.
People who need our Savior's love.
Soon the heav'ns will open wide,
Christ will come to claim His bride.
All the universe will sing
We have this hope, this faith, and God's great love,
We are united in Christ.
Hearing this reiterated BF, thrills my heart.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been referred to as the Christian’s greatest hope. From the prophets and patriarchs of old, to the early church, to the Protestant Reformers, the visible, literal, and glorious coming of Jesus Christ has been their most cherished expectation. But that seems to have become a lost relic to most of Christendom. Instead, a plethora of human and ecclesiastical inventions has taken its place. Was the early church wrong? Has God changed His mind, or, are His people being woefully deceived?

The Apostle John, in the book of Revelation, poignantly declares, “Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen” (Revelation 1:7). The Savior Himself foretells, “Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other” (Matthew 24:29-31). The Gospel writer Luke shares the testimony of the angels, “And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven” (Acts 1:10-11).

The Blessed Hope, the visible, literal, glorious appearing of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, is certain. The ancients look forward to it. For example, the patriarch Job, finding himself in the most despicable of the physical human condition, declared, “For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me” (Job 19:25-27). King David exclaimed, “Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him” (Psalms 50:3).

The angels promise it. The early church believed it. But most of all, The Savior assures us of it. Says He, “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also” (John 14:1-3). The apostle Paul makes the Blessed Hope his focal point in outlining the plan of human redemption to the young minister, Titus. He writes, “For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ” (Titus 2:11-13)

As the world crumbles from the weight of sin, the Christian must have faith in that Blessed Hope. Now is not the time to get discouraged, fearful, and despondent. For not too distant, the heavens will roll back and the Lord will descend. Men may be deceived by popular fiction and grandiose, money-making Hollywood productions; but God has not changed His mind. The patriarchs, prophets, early, and Protestant Reformers had it right. Be faithful and true to His word and he shall grant you a crown of eternal life and an existence of immortal glory. Hold fast to the Blessed Hope.

We Have This Hope

We are united in Christ.

Of course it is our greatest hope Barn, we pray for that to happen. I fully realize that none of us is desiring the great tribulation to happen, but we all realize that it has to come first, definitely not a pretty picture for any of us, but it is Christs' return that will end it. All of us Christians agree fully with the closing statement in the Bible: Amen! Come Lord Jesus!.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Resurrection/Rapture of the saints in the Blessed Hope. Not the second coming, which is described as follows in the book of Jude: And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

This corresponds to Revelation 1:7 and many passages in the OT concerning "the day of the LORD" (a time for divine judgments).

Reactions: marks

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in scripture does it say we are the bride of Christ?
John the Baptist said he’d already witnessed the bridegroom had the bride?
This is what made his joy full.

Romans 7:4. We are married to Jesus.

Why would He have a marriage supper with us, but no wedding?

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Resurrection/Rapture of the saints in the Blessed Hope. Not the second coming, which is described as follows in the book of Jude: And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

This corresponds to Revelation 1:7 and many passages in the OT concerning "the day of the LORD" (a time for divine judgments).

Zechariah 14 is just one example of the day of the lord occurring with the second coming.

Verse 1: the day of the Lord. Verse 5: Jesus returns with all the saints, and they land on mount Olive.

Which strongly suggests that the rapture is part of the second coming, that Jesus catches the saints up in the air, on His way to mount Olive.

3 of four gospels have the son of perdition/ abomination of desolation event - which is mid-trib - followed closely, if not immediately, by the day of the lord, and then a rapture.

Maranatha

Matthew 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13 are all parallel accounts.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who are the guests?
Even so, my friend!

"Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests." Matt 22:9-10

And not being part of the Bride, are those guests lost from God?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even so, my friend!

"Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests." Matt 22:9-10

No John, they are not lost at all. They witnessed the wedding.
Matthew 3:16-17 KJV
Matthew 3:16 KJV
[16] And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

We Have This Hope

We are united in Christ.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Searching for answers myself, we can’t be the body of Christ, the bride of Christ, the children of God, and the sons of God all at once.
Can we?
Children/sons & daughters of God, and the Body of Christ, yes, both. Flesh of His flesh, and bone of His bone, born from God.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’d kinda like to see my grandchildren get a chance to witness Him myself. I realize many people have miserable lives and want to escape their reality, but for me I’ll continue to suffer this crap if it means others will come to know Him.
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which strongly suggests that the rapture is part of the second coming, that Jesus catches the saints up in the air, on His way to mount Olive.
It can't be, for many reasons.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22:20‬ ‭
Man i was just reading this again . SOUND IT OUT SISTER . SOUND IT OUT . OUR KING IS A COMING and THAT IS A FACT .
And HE shall destroy the coming false king and its kings .
Let us gem away , pointing ONLY , ONLY and ONLY TO the BIBLICAL , YES BIBLICAL JESUS .
As my sister , herself , so often says . LET THE KING BE PRAISED MY FRIENDS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even so, my friend!

Tell that to the guest who showed up without a garment . Cast out He was .
NO faith in JESUS , means no eternal life but rather damnation of soul .
We must stick to the original gospel my friend .
JESUS made it a point to talk about the man that showed up without a garment .

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who are the guests?

He prepares a table for me, in the presence of my enemies...Psalm 23.

Mat 22:2 “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son,

Mat 22:3 and sent his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding feast, but they would not come.

Mat 22:4 Again he sent other servants, saying, ‘Tell those who are invited, “See, I have prepared my dinner, my oxen and my fat calves have been slaughtered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding feast.”’

Mat 22:5 But they paid no attention and went off, one to his farm, another to his business,

Mat 22:6 while the rest seized his servants, treated them shamefully, and killed them.

Mat 22:7 The king was angry, and he sent his troops and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

Mat 22:8 Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding feast is ready, but those invited were not worthy.

Mat 22:9 Go therefore to the main roads and invite to the wedding feast as many as you find.’

Mat 22:10 And those servants went out into the roads and gathered all whom they found, both bad and good. So the wedding hall was filled with guests.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It can't be, for many reasons.

Much love!

2 Thessalonians 2 says at His coming, we will be gathered together to be with Jesus - after the mid trib event of the son of perdition committing the abomination of desolation.

Pre tribbers claim Paul jumps topics from the second coming to the DoL, and make it about two separate events, but Zechariah 14 unequivocally shows the day of the lord is followed immediately by, or is part of, His second coming to mount Olive with all the saints.

Yes, that’s His second coming. He ascended from mount Olive, and the angel said His return would be the same as His ascension to heaven.

(He ascends with the apostles watching, then Acts says the apostles returned back from mount olive, so that’s where He ascended from).

Therefore we know these things: the second coming, day of the lord, and our gathering together to be with Him, occur together, after the son of perdition mid trib event occurs.

Sorry, pre- tribbers . It’s a mid trib, pre mark, pre wrath, premillennial event.

Maranatha

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He prepares a table for me, in the presence of my enemies...Psalm 23.

Mat 22:2 “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son,

Mat 22:3 and sent his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding feast, but they would not come.

Mat 22:4 Again he sent other servants, saying, ‘Tell those who are invited, “See, I have prepared my dinner, my oxen and my fat calves have been slaughtered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding feast.”’

Mat 22:5 But they paid no attention and went off, one to his farm, another to his business,

Mat 22:6 while the rest seized his servants, treated them shamefully, and killed them.

Mat 22:7 The king was angry, and he sent his troops and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

Mat 22:8 Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding feast is ready, but those invited were not worthy.

Mat 22:9 Go therefore to the main roads and invite to the wedding feast as many as you find.’

Mat 22:10 And those servants went out into the roads and gathered all whom they found, both bad and good. So the wedding hall was filled with guests.
Okay, so who are the guests?

the bad and the good?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thessalonians 2 says at His coming, we will be gathered together to be with Jesus - after the mid trib event of the son of perdition committing the abomination of desolation.
Actually it doesn't. We could debate it if you wish, but why?

Much love!