The Blessed Virgin Mary Is The Mother Of Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(winsome;53751)
(Alpha and Omega;53706)
Mat 6:7But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.Vain repetitions = RosaryHeathen = in the NT savouring of the nature of pagans, alien to the worship of the true God, heathenisha) of the pagan
Rosary = vain repetitionAre you saying that quoting scripture and contemplating the life of Christ is vain?Do you ever read scriptures? Alpha and Omega is right.Matthew 6:5 - And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.Matthew 6:6 - But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.Matthew 6:7 - But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

watt

Jun 21, 2008
IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRITHERE I AM AGAIN TO SHARE THE TRUTH OF GOD LOVE(thesuperjag;53753)
Do you ever read scriptures? Alpha and Omega is right.Matthew 6:5 - And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.Matthew 6:6 - But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.Matthew 6:7 - But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
ALL THE VERSES THAT BOTH OF YOU QUOTED IS NOT RELATED WITH THE PRAYER OF "HAIL MARY"THE TRUTH OF THE WORD OF GOD THAT BOTH OF YOU QUOTED IS HERE:-First we MUST pray and allow THE HOLY SPIRIT lead us. And should read from verse 1 onward then only the message we receive will not cripple.Here Matthew gives us three example of another secret without we shall not see GOD: work for GOD alone without wanting anyone to know and GOD THE FATHER will reward us for what we have done WITH SINCERE HEART.JESUS uses a word often translated as "being Hypocriites." which desingnates in a general way those who want to be seen, or who are pretentious, and never to study anything deeply.It is perhaps difficult not to want to be seen by others, but it is far more difficult to do good without looking at oneself and being satisfied because " I AM GOOD," It is nevertheless, the way of enabling us to enter into THE SECRET OF GOD.The value of prayer does not lie in the quantity of words and the mere repetition of formulas, as if accomplishing a task.The value of prayer lies chiefly in our inner atitute of faith and LOVE OF GOD.we should try to put our heart,mind and soul on GOD as a FATHER and A FRIEND, A GOD who LOVES us and is always waiting for us to share a silent moment with HIM.To pray is not talk much...but to surrender our lives into GOD's LOVING HANDS.MAY GOD BLESS ALLAMENFROM WATT

winsome

Feb 15, 2008
(thesuperjag;53753)
Do you ever read scriptures? Alpha and Omega is right.Matthew 6:5 - And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.Matthew 6:6 - But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.Matthew 6:7 - But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
You didn't answer my question.Are you saying that quoting scripture and contemplating the life of Christ is vain?Or is your problem about repetitous prayer?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(winsome;53761)
(thesuperjag;53753)
You didn't answer my question.Are you saying that quoting scripture and contemplating the life of Christ is vain?Does not the scripture speak for itself? or do I have to answer it for you...It depends on what you believe. But "Hail Mary" does make the life of Christ in vain.If you go by scripture only, then Catholicism wouldn't make serving Him in vain. Therefore making Christ non-effect by your man-made teaching. (I Corinthians 1:17)

winsome

Feb 15, 2008
(thesuperjag;53763)
Does not the scripture speak for itself? or do I have to answer it for you...
Yes please(thesuperjag;53763)
It depends on what you believe. But "Hail Mary" does make the life of Christ in vain.
Don't follow that. Could you expand a little (or a lot)(thesuperjag;53763)
If you go by scripture only, then Catholicism wouldn't make serving Him in vain. Therefore making Christ non-effect by your man-made teaching. (I Corinthians 1:17)
What man made teaching?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(winsome;53765)
(thesuperjag;53763)
Does not the scripture speak for itself? or do I have to answer it for you...
Yes please(thesuperjag;53763)
It depends on what you believe. But "Hail Mary" does make the life of Christ in vain.
Don't follow that. Could you expand a little (or a lot)(thesuperjag;53763)
If you go by scripture only, then Catholicism wouldn't make serving Him in vain. Therefore making Christ non-effect by your man-made teaching. (I Corinthians 1:17)
What man made teaching?Aren't you a Catolic in that you should know more than I do about Catholism?1. Purgatory2. Putting Mary as "Holy" being in line with God. (Also putting Mary above women)3. Peter has Authority (saying Christ gave his Authority to a sinner)etc

winsome

Feb 15, 2008
(thesuperjag;53766)
1. Purgatory
Rational and scripture based(thesuperjag;53766)
2. Putting Mary as "Holy" being in line with God. (Also putting Mary above women)
We are all meant to be holy:“For I am the Lord your God; sanctify yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am holy.” (Lv 11:44)‘as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in all your conduct; for it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”’ (1 Pet1:15-16) “Pursue peace with everyone, and the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.” (Heb 12:14)(thesuperjag;53766)
3. Peter has Authority (saying Christ gave his Authority to a sinner)etc
Don't follow the rationale of that objectionNow I'm off to bed. I'll come back to any further comments tomorrow

watt

Jun 21, 2008
in The Name Of The Father And Of The Son And Of The Holy SpiritHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God Love(thesuperjag;53763)
does Not The Scripture Speak For Itself? Or Do I Have To Answer It For You...dear Friend, Trust In The Lord Not Lean On Our Own Understanding In All Our Ways Acknowledge Him And He Shall Direct Our Path....with The Spirit Of The BibleIt Depends On What You Believe. But "hail Mary" Does Make The Life Of Christ In Vain.as A Real Christian, We Should Not Only Believe But Do It. We Must Be United With Those In The Kingdom Of God As One Family...how?? Through Prayer.If You Go By Scripture Only, Then Catholicism Wouldn't Make Serving Him In Vain. Therefore Making Christ Non-effect By Your Man-made Teaching. (i Corinthians 1:17)
For Infomation, All The Teaching In Catholic Church Is Inspired By The Holy Spirit, Not Man Made Teaching...Anything That You Guys Doubt About The Universal Church Or "the True Vine"...dont Keep It In Your Heart...look For The Truth, For The Truth Will Set You Free. May God Bless AllAmenFrom Watt

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Worship of Mary is not in the Bible we are to have no more or less reverence for Mary than Noah,Moses,John or any other prophet/person in scripture anything else is denominational (catholic) which is breaking the rules not to post denominational posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.