• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Millerites became "Seventh Day,"
Not quite, While Seventh-Day Adventist are an offshoot of the Millerites, they are not exclusively Millerites. There are (were) dozens of groups who came out of the Millerite movement, they are by far the largest of the groups.
"Russellites" became "Jehovah's Witnesses ."
Not quite, "Bible Students" still exist independent of the Watchtower Society. There was a split after Russell died.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's face it the book of Acts is an exciting and interesting book to read and understand. It seems to be a blueprint of what to expect if you are a full-on believer in Jesus and the sort of thing the believers had to go through to preach the gospel and establish the church.

According to the prosperity doctrine people, Paul was a complete failure if you read all the sorts of problems and suffering he went through. I don't read anywhere in the book where Paul was rolling in money and went everywhere in his private jet or its equivalent.

So let's see what it has to offer which gives us a taste of reality, or inspiration, or trembling knees.

And please note that this not a discussion about the Roman Catholic Church. If you want to talk about that I suggest that you start your own thread and not hijack someone else's to push your barrow.
Hi Mark, I couldn't agree more sir. Acts is very interesting, the real book of the formation and conduct of the new found faith of Christianity. It is the basis for how the Christian congregations are ran today.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a record of the acts of the apostles, also sometimes referred to as the book of conversions. So it is a book of conversions as it's sometimes called, it should be a guide for all that read it to follow as to how one becomes converted or saved.