The Book of Enoch

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep: I believe it because the Word says it. But I have been trying to rap my head around it. In my mind I thought the angles were not created to produce offspring! Now we know that fallen angels (demons) are roaming free on the earth, yet the Bible says, I think in Jude that there are demons bound by chains waiting for there judgment. I wonder if those demons that are bound are the ones that produced giant of old. That would explain why there have not been giant like that since the OT! Just my thought.

Have you read the Book of Jude? We're given hints there.

Jude 6
6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
KJV

Those are the "sons of God" (angels) of Genesis 6. They are reserved in darkness in chains by that sin. The demons that are on loose represent evil spirits, different entities than those angels who mated with flesh woman.

"kept not their first estate" -- that suggests to me that those angels left their heavenly state somehow without being born of woman. Because Genesis 6 said they looked upon flesh women and saw they were fair, it suggests they lusted after what flesh man was given.

"left their own habitation" -- this further suggests their having left the heavenly dimension.

So did they take on a flesh body? I don't know, and don't really believe so. And I hate to bring this up, but how did The Holy Spirit impregnate Mary without involving, you know what?

That this was the matter in Genesis 6 during the time of Noah is shown further in the Hebrew of Genesis 6:9 about Noah being "perfect in his generations". The Hebrew word for "generations" is the same word about bloodline purity of animals required for old covenant sacrifices. That suggests Noah kept his bloodline from Adam pure.

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, that is the scripture I was talking about, just could not remember the exact address.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of these days (when Jesus returns) everyone will know. Just believing that the Genesis 6 mating of the "sons of God" (angels) with the daughters of men to produce a hybrid giant offspring is a huge step for many brethren to believe.
Gen. 6 does not say angels mated with human women to produce giants. Gen. 6:4 mentions giants as a group of people that already existed before the "sons of God" had offspring with the "daughters of men". A closer and objective look at that passage throws that interpretation right out of the window as invalid:

"There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown."

Furthermore, the last sentence of that passage tells us the offspring were" "mighty men" and "men of renown". The passage clearly shows that the offspring were not giants since the giants are mentioned in the first sentence as a completely different group of people. And since giants weren't the result of that union, the "sons of God" were clearly not angels as a lot of people want to believe.

No one can possibly argue by any biblical metric that angels had offspring with human women when Christ said angels weren't created with the ability to reproduce with anyone. He should know what they could or couldn't do since He created them.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen. 6 does not say angels mated with human women to produce giants.

Yes it does.

The "sons of God" title is a description of the angelic state, even as per John in 1 John 3:2 for Christians.

1 John 3:2
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

KJV

Gen. 6:4 mentions giants as a group of people that already existed before the "sons of God" had offspring with the "daughters of men". A closer and objective look at that passage throws that interpretation right out of the window as invalid:

"There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown."

You obviously needed some reading glasses.

Gen 6:1-4
6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

The above "men" is not about the "sons of God" in the next verse.

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

The "sons of God" is a phrase pointing to the angelic state in the heavenly dimension (even to the future glorious bodies at the resurrection per 1 John 3). We also learn this simply in the Book of Job when Satan, along with the sons of God, appeared before God's Throne in Heaven (Job 1:6; Job 2:1).

Thus YOUR doctrine from men you follow, discards those Job links to the "sons of God" phrase.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
KJV

In the Hebrew, those "daughters of men" is specific to the daughters of the man Adam that Christ would be born through. The whole matter of this event was Satan attacked the Seed of the Woman that Jesus would be born through.

There was an irruption of those giants in Noah's day, and also after that, which we later discover God telling Israel to wipe out certain peoples in the lands of Canaan, and those included DESCRIPTIONS of giants of great stature, and even hybrid characteristics like six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot (2 Samuel 21:20).

The "men of renown" phrase in the Hebrew means 'men of the name', meaning men of the legend. What legend? The ancient MYTHOLOGIES of gods on the earth mating with flesh woman!

This is why when you get down to Genesis 6:9 about Noah, it says Noah was "perfect in his generations". The Hebrew for "perfect" is a word also used for the sacrificial blood purity of old covenant animals for sacrifice. No mistaking it's about bloodline purity of Noah and his family, not having mated with any of those hybrids.

Last edited:
Reactions: TEXBOW

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints.... - Jude 1:14

At least some of the Book of Enoch is legitimate because Jude quoted out of the book.

1. The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be living in the day of tribulation, when all the wicked and godless are to be removed.
2. And he took up his parable and said--Enoch a righteous man, whose eyes were opened by God, saw the vision of the Holy One in the heavens, which the angels showed me, and from them I heard everything, and from them I understood as I saw, but not for this generation, but for a remote one which is for to come.
3. Concerning the elect I said, and took up my parable concerning them: The Holy Great One will come forth from His dwelling,
4. And the eternal God will tread upon the earth, (even) on Mount Sinai, And appear from His camp And appear in the strength of His might from the heaven of heavens.
5. And all shall be smitten with fear And the Watchers shall quake, And great fear and trembling shall seize them unto the ends of the earth.
6. And the high mountains shall be shaken, And the high hills shall be made low, And shall melt like wax before the flame
7. And the earth shall be wholly rent in sunder, And all that is upon the earth shall perish, And there shall be a judgement upon all men.
8. But with the righteous He will make peace And will protect the elect, And mercy shall be upon them. And they shall all belong to God, And they shall be prospered, And they shall all be blessed. And He will help them all,And light shall appear unto them,And He will make peace with them.
9 And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of His holy ones To execute judgement upon all, And to destroy all the ungodly: And to convict all flesh. Of all the works of their ungodliness which they have ungodly committed, And of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him. - The Book of Enoch Chapter 1

How much of the Book of Enoch is believable?
Have you read it? See what God tells you, if you do choose to find a copy.
Don't let others long dead tell you what God inspired. Judge for yourself as one indwelt by God.

Were Some of the Biblical Books Actually Written by a Scribe Rather than by the Named Author? (An Amanuensis) by Don Stewart

Jesus Said the Book of Enoch is Scripture

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men just made the bible hard to understand , SO as they could CONTROL the church . FIGURE IT OUT for its too late .
WE dont need hermes , and some special scholar to understand WHAT GOD INSPIRED . PS , you need the HOLY GHOST
and though it might not be understood in a day , WE WILL LEARN in time . JUST read that bible for yourselves
and pray .

This is kinda why I revived this thread. Was the book of Enoch removed from the Bible because some early churches wanted to control the masses?
For example: by leaving the book of Enoch, then the Old Testament God would appear more loving because he flooded the world to get rid of the nephilim.
But an “angry” God would be better suited to control the masses.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Gen. 6 does not say angels mated with human women to produce giants.
Sure it does. They are called "sons of God" being direct creations of God. They are contrasted with "the daughters of men" (human women). Both Peter and Jude confirm this. They are called "the angels that sinned" or "the angels which left their first estate". Tartarus is reserved only for these angels.

Reactions: TEXBOW and TLHKAJ

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is kinda why I revived this thread. Was the book of Enoch removed from the Bible because some early churches wanted to control the masses?
Not really. It was never in the Hebrew canon. But the Ethiopic church regards it as Scripture.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe that the Lord, through a vision, perhaps a transportation, showed me that 1 Enoch is indeed from Him.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of these days (when Jesus returns) everyone will know. Just believing that the Genesis 6 mating of the "sons of God" (angels) with the daughters of men to produce a hybrid giant offspring is a huge step for many brethren to believe.
It's easier to believe that evil giants came from fallen angels+human women than to believe that they came from human men+women. If the "sons of God" are godly men, then why would their offspring be evil giants that caused God to flood the earth?

Reactions: Truman

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep: I believe it because the Word says it. But I have been trying to rap my head around it. In my mind I thought the angles were not created to produce offspring! Now we know that fallen angels (demons) are roaming free on the earth, yet the Bible says, I think in Jude that there are demons bound by chains waiting for there judgment. I wonder if those demons that are bound are the ones that produced giant of old. That would explain why there have not been giant like that since the OT! Just my thought.
Fallen angels aren't demons. Demons are the spirits of the nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So did they take on a flesh body? I don't know, and don't really believe so. And I hate to bring this up, but how did The Holy Spirit impregnate Mary without involving, you know what?
Yes, they took/take on human form.

Hebrews 13:2
[2]Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

This verse indicates that we could encounter angels when we think we're interacting with humans.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
She's right...I've done the research myself, as well as have encountered such beings.
I suggest you do the research for yourself as that might affect your unbelieving tone.
This woman deserves some respect.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She's right...I've done the research myself, as well as have encountered such beings.
I suggest you do the research for yourself as that might affect your unbelieving tone.
This woman deserves some respect.
Thank you, @Truman. I have encountered them as well (as you know). I was used on the altars as a gateway. They valued me for my spiritual capacity. In 1976, at age 4, I was used on the altar during a 3-day high level ritual that was conducted by two flesh and blood nephilim. That ritual brought on a modern day incursion, as entities were entering our realm from another realm, through my body (as a gateway).

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing to take note of is that satan and fallen angels (sons of God) were mentioned in the Bible before evil spirits or devils were mentioned.