The book of James

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Let me share something with you and it is for your good. Calvin, Luther, and all the theologians that you are using to justify your theology are wrong.

Jesus has been teaching me for over thirty years, and he has kept me free from Satan/sin for over thirty years.

In order to believe what you believe you need to disregard much of the written Word.

If James were out of order in any way the Holy Spirit would not have his letter included in scripture. What he said is said to us all, and applies to us all; the same as all of the Written Word.

You have ignored verses of scripture that I have post to you. Your theology is so full of holes that it sunk long time ago.

Do you realize that no one until Luther and Calvin accepted what you believe about God? The Early Church knew better.

All you have done is expressed YOUR OPINION. I kinda believe in my own opinion thank you.

Jesus has been teaching me for over 60 years, and he has kept me free from the sins of the flesh ""in the Spirit"". But I am not stupid enough to believe that I do not still sin in the flesh. I am righteous "IN CHRIST," not in the flesh.

Oh! and I am posting this for your own good.

Let me share something with you. I don't care what Calvin, Luther, and all the theologians have to say. I listen to the Holy Spirit. He is my teacher, not man. For over 60 years I have listened to man's teaching that we, by our choices must keep ourselves saved and that is the doctrine of the Devil. Only God can save and keep a person saved.

Romans 4:5-8
5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,
6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
7 "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered;
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin."

NKJV

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
All you have done is expressed YOUR OPINION. I kinda believe in my own opinion thank you.

Jesus has been teaching me for over 60 years, and he has kept me free from the sins of the flesh ""in the Spirit"". But I am not stupid enough to believe that I do not still sin in the flesh. I am righteous "IN CHRIST," not in the flesh.

If you still deliberately and willfully commit sin in the spirit or flesh, which are one, you are either a baby Christian, or of Satan. The following verses have nothing to do with my opinion.

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

(1 Corinthians 3:1-3) “Brothers, I myself was unable to speak to you as people of the Spirit; I treated you as sensual men, still infants in Christ. What I fed you with was milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it; and indeed, you are still not ready for it since you are still unspiritual. Isn’t that obvious from all the jealousy and wrangling that there is among you, from the way that you go on behaving like ordinary people?”

(1 John 5:18) “ We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him”

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
If you still deliberately and willfully commit sin in the spirit or flesh, which are one, you are either a baby Christian, or of Satan. The following verses have nothing to do with my opinion.

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

(1 Corinthians 3:1-3) “Brothers, I myself was unable to speak to you as people of the Spirit; I treated you as sensual men, still infants in Christ. What I fed you with was milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it; and indeed, you are still not ready for it since you are still unspiritual. Isn’t that obvious from all the jealousy and wrangling that there is among you, from the way that you go on behaving like ordinary people?”

(1 John 5:18) “ We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him”

And yet you still sin in the flesh. You can't say you don't because that would make you a liar (according to scriptures) How do you explain the fact that you still sin in the flesh? I don't think you really understand the scriptures you post. See my OP about the Flesh and the Spirit.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
And yet you still sin in the flesh. You can't say you don't because that would make you a liar (according to scriptures)

As I have said, you are only expressing your own opinion and they are about me. You are also making this a personal attack on me and my character. How about stopping it?

You call me a liar, and use scripture, that you failed to quote, to say I am a liar.

How do you answer what John said about one who sin? You can’t can you?

There are many verses that you have no answers for, and it makes your theology full of holes.

Now to quote the verse you wanted to use to call me a liar.

(1 John 1: 8-10)[sup] “[/sup]If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.”

You need to see John was saying if one says he or she says they have never sinned they are liars.

If one is forgiven of all unrighteousness are they not then sinless? Could they then be liars if they say they are sinless?

John later says:

(1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to break the law. Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin: anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him. My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

John told us those who did not know God sinned and asked forgiveness and were forgiven, but once a person comes to know God he or she will not sin.

Scripture goes on to say that if a person who does know God uses their free will to sin there is no repentance for that person.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

(Hebrews 6: 4) “As for those people who were once brought into the light, and tasted the gift from heaven, and received a share of the Holy Spirit, and appreciated the good message of God and the powers of the world to come and yet in spite of this have fallen away it is impossible for that to be renewed a second time. They cannot be repentant if they have willfully crucified the Son of God and openly mocked Him.”

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
You call me a liar, and use scripture, that you failed to quote, to say I am a liar.

How do you answer what John said about one who sin? You can’t can you?

There are many verses that you have no answers for, and it makes your theology full of holes.

Now to quote the verse you wanted to use to call me a liar.

(1 John 1: 8-10)[sup] “[/sup]If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.”

You need to see John was saying if one says he or she says they have never sinned they are liars.

If one is forgiven of all unrighteousness are they not then sinless? Could they then be liars if they say they are sinless?

John later says:

(1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to break the law. Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin: anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him. My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

John told us those who did not know God sinned and asked forgiveness and were forgiven, but once a person comes to know God he or she will not sin.

Scripture goes on to say that if a person who does know God uses their free will to sin there is no repentance for that person.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

(Hebrews 6: 4) “As for those people who were once brought into the light, and tasted the gift from heaven, and received a share of the Holy Spirit, and appreciated the good message of God and the powers of the world to come and yet in spite of this have fallen away it is impossible for that to be renewed a second time. They cannot be repentant if they have willfully crucified the Son of God and openly mocked Him.”

Read my reply again. I did not say you are a liar. I said that ""if you say you have no sin you are a liar"" and that is what scriptures says. I will quote it for you since in all your manty years of study you didn't seem to see It.

1 John 1:7-8
7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
NKJV

These discussions are becoming too contentious so I am going to take a break. See you later.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Read my reply again. I did not say you are a liar. I said that ""if you say you have no sin you are a liar"" and that is what scriptures says. I will quote it for you since in all your manty years of study you didn't seem to see It.

1 John 1:7-8
7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
NKJV

People who sin and either don’t want to stop sinning or those who have not been able to stop sinning, need to believe everyone is a sinner. They need to paint everyone with the same muck that they wallow in.

(2 Peter 2:9-20) “then the Lord knows how to rescue the devout from trial and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment, and especially those who follow the flesh with its depraved desire and show contempt for lordship. Bold and arrogant, they are not afraid to revile glorious beings, whereas angels, despite their superior strength and power, do not bring a reviling judgment against them from the Lord. But these people, like irrational animals born by nature for capture and destruction, revile things that they do not understand, and in their destruction they will also be destroyed, suffering wrong as payment for wrongdoing. Thinking daytime revelry a delight, they are stains and defilements as they revel in their deceits while carousing with you.

Their eyes are full of adultery and insatiable for sin. They seduce unstable people, and their hearts are trained in greed. Accursed children! Abandoning the straight road, they have gone astray, following the road of Balaam, the son of Bosor, who loved payment for wrongdoing, but he received a rebuke for his own crime: a mute beast spoke with a human voice and restrained the prophet's madness. These people are waterless springs and mists driven by a gale; for them the gloom of darkness has been reserved. For, talking empty bombast, they seduce with licentious desires of the flesh those who have barely escaped from people who live in error. They promise them freedom, though they themselves are slaves of corruption, for a person is a slave of whatever overcomes him. For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of (our) Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.”

People who don’t sin will just say Amen! Only sinners need to make they feel righteous.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA

People who sin and either don’t want to stop sinning or those who have not been able to stop sinning, need to believe everyone is a sinner. They need to paint everyone with the same muck that they wallow in.

(2 Peter 2:9-20) “then the Lord knows how to rescue the devout from trial and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment, and especially those who follow the flesh with its depraved desire and show contempt for lordship. Bold and arrogant, they are not afraid to revile glorious beings, whereas angels, despite their superior strength and power, do not bring a reviling judgment against them from the Lord. But these people, like irrational animals born by nature for capture and destruction, revile things that they do not understand, and in their destruction they will also be destroyed, suffering wrong as payment for wrongdoing. Thinking daytime revelry a delight, they are stains and defilements as they revel in their deceits while carousing with you.

Their eyes are full of adultery and insatiable for sin. They seduce unstable people, and their hearts are trained in greed. Accursed children! Abandoning the straight road, they have gone astray, following the road of Balaam, the son of Bosor, who loved payment for wrongdoing, but he received a rebuke for his own crime: a mute beast spoke with a human voice and restrained the prophet's madness. These people are waterless springs and mists driven by a gale; for them the gloom of darkness has been reserved. For, talking empty bombast, they seduce with licentious desires of the flesh those who have barely escaped from people who live in error. They promise them freedom, though they themselves are slaves of corruption, for a person is a slave of whatever overcomes him. For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of (our) Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.”

People who don’t sin will just say Amen! Only sinners need to make they feel righteous.

Since I am still on the computer. Does what you said above mean you don't sin in the flesh? That would meant you are perfect wouldn't it? Aren't you saying you don't sin?

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Yes God has made his home in me and a temple of God is where no sin exists.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

People there are major theologians who most seminarians have to study. These theologians want to discard books in the bible, James, and Hebrews.

I wonder what you would think of any theologian that wanted to discard or say were irrelevant, Paul’s letters?

Any one wanting to believe that any of the letters in the bible are not to us and for us should never be considered a Christian theologian.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hello RichardBurger

There is only one Church; And every New Testament epistle is written to and/or about it.

The actual difference between Romans and James, is that in Romans Paul was talking about being “justified” before God: While James is talking about being “justified” before men........
James 2:18
“Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.”

--------------------------------------------------
Salvation(being justified before God), is truly by “faith alone”; Because God can see into our heart and know that we truly believe.

While being justified before men, REQUIRES GOOD WORKS, because men can’t see into our heart; Therefore the only way other people know that we have been truly saved, is by our changed life.

Therefore James says........
James 2:17
“Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.”

James 2:20
“But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?”

James 2:26
“For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.”

The old saying to this is.......
“Faith alone can save, but faith that saves....is never alone!”

Good witness. That is it in its simplicity.

Problem with some folks is that they have left that simplicity.

Our Lord Jesus told us wherever our treasure is, that's where our heart will be. And that will reveal each person's fruit. It is impossible to not have works in wherever one's heart is, whether they be good works or bad works.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

What Richard is preaching is the Once Saved, Always Saved (OSAS) doctrine. It is not a doctrine from God, because it preaches that once you've received Christ Jesus and been baptized, then you cannot ever do anything to lose your standing with our Lord Jesus. It is essentially the idea that even though you'll still have sin in your life after being 'saved'', you cannot ever be held accountable for it.

The NT writers taught that under a CONDITION. YES, there's a CONDITION that must be met for later sins to be forgiven and made unaccountable, and it's called REPENTANCE, asking our Heavenly Father for forgiveness through His Son, and trying not to commit it again.

It's about a spiritual walk WITH Christ Jesus, not apart from Him.

That's the difference the New Testament teaches on the matter.

The OSAS doctrine promotes the false idea that a new believer need not 'change' their lifestyle away from WICKEDNESS, since they will still have sin later falling short, but still saved regardless. It promotes the CLOSING OF THE EYES to sin. This is exactly why so many different Churches have sprung up today trying to 'justify' sinful lifestyles and still thinking to be saved.

In essence, it is a New World Order doctrine, because their goals for Christianity as a whole is to change it so people don't have to change themselves. It is the putting of evil for good, and good for evil, which is a Bible prophecy that kind of thinking would happen in the last days.

That kind of doctrine gives more weight to the warning our Lord Jesus gave that not all who will say, "Lord, lord" to Him when He returns will enter into His Kingdom. There will be those who cast out devils in His Name, claim they preached His Name in their streets, etc., but He will tell them to 'get away from Him', and that He never knew them, those who work 'iniquity'...

Matt 7:22-23
22 Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?"
23 And then will I profess unto them, "I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity."
(KJV)

Those are believing Christians; they preach Christ, cast out devils in His Name, and do many wonderful works in His Name. So HOW could they still be held accountable for working iniquity like He said? That's what OSAS thinking does, closes the eyes to iniquity, allowing agreement with Belial. Many of the children of Israel fell into that misleading by the false prophets in Old Testament times, and truly, there's nothing new under the sun.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA

What Richard is preaching is the Once Saved, Always Saved (OSAS) doctrine. It is not a doctrine from God, because it preaches that once you've received Christ Jesus and been baptized, then you cannot ever do anything to lose your standing with our Lord Jesus. It is essentially the idea that even though you'll still have sin in your life after being 'saved'', you cannot ever be held accountable for it.

The NT writers taught that under a CONDITION. YES, there's a CONDITION that must be met for later sins to be forgiven and made unaccountable, and it's called REPENTANCE, asking our Heavenly Father for forgiveness through His Son, and trying not to commit it again.

It's about a spiritual walk WITH Christ Jesus, not apart from Him.

That's the difference the New Testament teaches on the matter.

The OSAS doctrine promotes the false idea that a new believer need not 'change' their lifestyle away from WICKEDNESS, since they will still have sin later falling short, but still saved regardless. It promotes the CLOSING OF THE EYES to sin. This is exactly why so many different Churches have sprung up today trying to 'justify' sinful lifestyles and still thinking to be saved.

In essence, it is a New World Order doctrine, because their goals for Christianity as a whole is to change it so people don't have to change themselves. It is the putting of evil for good, and good for evil, which is a Bible prophecy that kind of thinking would happen in the last days.

That kind of doctrine gives more weight to the warning our Lord Jesus gave that not all who will say, "Lord, lord" to Him when He returns will enter into His Kingdom. There will be those who cast out devils in His Name, claim they preached His Name in their streets, etc., but He will tell them to 'get away from Him', and that He never knew them, those who work 'iniquity'...

Matt 7:22-23
22 Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?"
23 And then will I profess unto them, "I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity."
(KJV)

Those are believing Christians; they preach Christ, cast out devils in His Name, and do many wonderful works in His Name. So HOW could they still be held accountable for working iniquity like He said? That's what OSAS thinking does, closes the eyes to iniquity, allowing agreement with Belial. Many of the children of Israel fell into that misleading by the false prophets in Old Testament times, and truly, there's nothing new under the sun.

Since you do not believe in God's power to keep a child of God saved then you are left with trying to keep yourself saved by your own power.

Galatians 5:4
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
NKJV

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Since you do not believe in God's power to keep a child of God saved then you are left with trying to keep yourself saved by your own power.

Galatians 5:4
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
NKJV

You would do well to open your eyes and read some of the post I have written to you.

No one is saying he or she gains the Kingdom of God by his or her own power. Only through the indwelling of God in a person can one have the power to defeat Satan/sin. One cannot have the indwelling of God unless he or she lives the Word of God.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

Holy Pursuit

May 29, 2011

By the same token Richard, you do not believe God can do a perfecting work in us, UNTO perfection.....how much power does He have? ;)

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
By the same token Richard, you do not believe God can do a perfecting work in us, UNTO perfection.....how much power does He have? ;)

You are saying that I do not believe God can do a perfect work in us. That is what you want to have me saying. He, God, has certainly done a perfecting work in my spirit and notice that I said He did it, not me. God does it for those that believe the Gospel of grace. But it is not perfection of the flesh. It is the spirit that has been born again, not the flesh. The flesh still sins. And if you say your flesh does not sin then, according to scriptures, the truth is not in you. And yes, I have posted that scripture before.

Galatians 3:2-3
2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
NKJV

The flesh can not make you perfect.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
You would do well to open your eyes and read some of the post I have written to you.

No one is saying he or she gains the Kingdom of God by his or her own power. Only through the indwelling of God in a person can one have the power to defeat Satan/sin. One cannot have the indwelling of God unless he or she lives the Word of God.

You said, "No one is saying he or she gains the Kingdom of God by his or her own power." Oh but you are. You just can't see it. If you don't think Jesus' work on the cross saves from all sins (OSAS), past, present, future, then by contrast you are saying you have to save yourself by your power, you have to finish the work of salvation (progressive salvation by the works of the flesh).

Your remark is certainly an open ended remark, "One cannot have the indwelling of God unless he or she lives the Word of God."

Explain what YOU mean by living the word.

To me, living the word is believing what God has said and in this age. He said what we are to hear in the gospel of grace sent to us by Paul. To be in Christ is walking in faith, trust, and confidence in Jesus' work on the cross, in His shed blood.

But to the religious, living in the word is living according to the law. A law that no one can keep in the flesh.

You said, "You would do well to open your eyes and read some of the post I have written to you." Well, back at you, you would do well to do the same with what I write. It just seems that people can not refrain from adding remarks that don't mean a thing.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
You said, "No one is saying he or she gains the Kingdom of God by his or her own power." Oh but you are. You just can't see it. If you don't think Jesus' work on the cross saves from all sins (OSAS), past, present, future, then by contrast you are saying you have to save yourself by your power, you have to finish the work of salvation (progressive salvation by the works of the flesh).

Your remark is certainly an open ended remark, "One cannot have the indwelling of God unless he or she lives the Word of God."

Explain what YOU mean by living the word.

To me, living the word is believing what God has said and in this age. He said what we are to hear in the gospel of grace sent to us by Paul. To be in Christ is walking in faith, trust, and confidence in Jesus' work on the cross, in His shed blood.

But to the religious, living in the word is living according to the law. A law that no one can keep in the flesh.

You said, "You would do well to open your eyes and read some of the post I have written to you." Well, back at you, you would do well to do the same with what I write. It just seems that people can not refrain from adding remarks that don't mean a thing.

Jesus called us to be perfect, he told us not to sin, he told us how he wanted us to live, and love one another. To live the Word of God is to do what Jesus told us to do.

(Matthew 7:21-23) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

(Matthew 5:48) “ Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

(Matthew 6:19) “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

(Matthew 5:27-30) “You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery. But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Jesus called us to be perfect, he told us not to sin, he told us how he wanted us to live, and love one another. To live the Word of God is to do what Jesus told us to do.

(Matthew 7:21-23) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

(Matthew 5:48) “ Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

(Matthew 6:19) “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

(Matthew 5:27-30) “You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery. But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

The teachings of Jesus in the O.T. were teachings to those under the law, not to us today who are NOT UNDER THE LAW. The Jewish program has been put on hold until the time of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

By the way, let me know when you become perfect.

I would like your idea on the post I made about two scriptures. I want to know if you have any idea about the teachings of grace.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
The teachings of Jesus in the O.T. were teachings to those under the law, not to us today who are NOT UNDER THE LAW. The Jewish program has been put on hold until the time of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

By the way, let me know when you become perfect.

I would like your idea on the post I made about two scriptures. I want to know if you have any idea about the teachings of grace.

You can’t truly be serious, the scriptures that Jesus spoke, and are in the New Testament, are of the Old Law.

You call yourself a Christian, and totally twist scripture to mean just what you want. Do away with the letters that don’t agree with your theology, and make New Testament Old.

Well I have finished discussing with you. My job is to give a word, and you are not in any condition to understand.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
You can’t truly be serious, the scriptures that Jesus spoke, and are in the New Testament, are of the Old Law.

You call yourself a Christian, and totally twist scripture to mean just what you want. Do away with the letters that don’t agree with your theology, and make New Testament Old.

Well I have finished discussing with you. My job is to give a word, and you are not in any condition to understand.

You give yourself away. You are teaching the law of Moses + Jesus and that is not the gospel of grace. Law and grace are not the same no matter how hard you try to make them the same. You are so religious that you can't see the gospel of grace that Jesus gave Paul after the Jews rejected Him. No one today can be saved under the Jewish program of law.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
People who want to be Christians and follow Martin Luther, and Calvin’s teachings instead of letting the Holy Spirit teach him or her; why?

Like Luther discovered something new. Some thing that the people who were taught by Jesus while he was here, and all those who were personally taught by Jesus, did not know?

How could anyone with any reason believe such garbage?

John tells us that a sinner is of Satan. Yet people will listen to the teachings of men like Luther and Calvin, and disregard John. Peter tells us that we are going to be judged by our works. Yet people keep on believing in what Luther and other theologians like him say. Satan must love Luther and Calvin.

(1 Peter 1: 14-19) “Like obedient children, do not act in compliance with the desires of your former ignorance but, as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in every aspect of your conduct, for it is written, "Be holy because I (am) holy. Now if you invoke as Father him who judges impartially according to each one's works, conduct yourselves with reverence during the time of your sojourning, realizing that you were ransomed from your futile conduct, handed on by your ancestors, not with perishable things like silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ as of a spotless unblemished lamb”.