The book of James

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
People who want to be Christians and follow Martin Luther, and Calvin’s teachings instead of letting the Holy Spirit teach him or her; why?

Like Luther discovered something new. Some thing that the people who were taught by Jesus while he was here, and all those who were personally taught by Jesus, did not know?

How could anyone with any reason believe such garbage?

John tells us that a sinner is of Satan. Yet people will listen to the teachings of men like Luther and Calvin, and disregard John. Peter tells us that we are going to be judged by our works. Yet people keep on believing in what Luther and other theologians like him say. Satan must love Luther and Calvin.

(1 Peter 1: 14-19) “Like obedient children, do not act in compliance with the desires of your former ignorance but, as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in every aspect of your conduct, for it is written, "Be holy because I (am) holy. Now if you invoke as Father him who judges impartially according to each one's works, conduct yourselves with reverence during the time of your sojourning, realizing that you were ransomed from your futile conduct, handed on by your ancestors, not with perishable things like silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ as of a spotless unblemished lamb”.

Again you are teaching from those that were under the Law of Moses.

The RCC estabished a man organized church that was/is built on the Jewish teachings of Jesus and the 12 Apostles. It teaches Law.

Paul was sent by Jesus with the gospel of Grace that was hidden in God and the church for today is built on Paul's gospel, not on the teachings of the Law of Moses that Jesus and the 12 taught.

Oh, my word that means I am slighting Jesus. NOT AT ALL, I am honoring His work on the cross.

There is not one word in the O.T. and the first 4 books of the N.T. that teaches the gospel of grace. Not one word that says we are saved by the shed blood of Jesus on the cross. Not one word that says we are washed, justified and sanctified by the shed blood of Jesus on the cross.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

Matthew 7:21-23) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

(1 John 5:18) “ We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him”

(1 Peter 1: 14-19) “Like obedient children, do not act in compliance with the desires of your former ignorance but, as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in every aspect of your conduct, for it is written, "Be holy because I (am) holy. Now if you invoke as Father him who judges impartially according to each one's works, conduct yourselves with reverence during the time of your sojourning, realizing that you were ransomed from your futile conduct, handed on by your ancestors, not with perishable things like silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ as of a spotless unblemished lamb”.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Again you are teaching from those that were under the Law of Moses.

The RCC estabished a man organized church that was/is built on the Jewish teachings of Jesus and the 12 Apostles. It teaches Law.

Paul was sent by Jesus with the gospel of Grace that was hidden in God and the church for today is built on Paul's gospel, not on the teachings of the Law of Moses that Jesus and the 12 taught.

Oh, my word that means I am slighting Jesus. NOT AT ALL, I am honoring His work on the cross.

There is not one word in the O.T. and the first 4 books of the N.T. that teaches the gospel of grace. Not one word that says we are saved by the shed blood of Jesus on the cross. Not one word that says we are washed, justified and sanctified by the shed blood of Jesus on the cross.

There's that false play of modern Dispensationalism again, the willful removing of whole sections of The Bible in order to maintain a silly doctrine of men.

Gen 3:15
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her Seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
(KJV)

There's first mention of The Gospel in God's Word. The heel of The One That was bruised upon the cross was our Lord Jesus.

In Psalms 22, David was given the events of Christ's crucifixion. The Book of Isaiah gives much about The Saviour coming, and Salvation being offered to the Gentiles. Much of the Psalms is about that very Gospel Message. Even in Genesis when Abraham believed the Promise by Faith, and prepared to sacrifice his son Isaac per God's command, Apostle Paul also showed in Rom.9 and Galatians, and Hebrews, that served as a figure for Christ's crucifixion in The Gospel.

Apostle Paul even said this to Gentiles...

Eph 2:19-22
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
(KJV)

Apostle Paul never pushed the idea that Gentile believers were a part of anything else other than that foundation above. Did Paul say that foundation involves His Epistles and Jesus only? No, for he also included the foundation laid by Christ's Apostles AND the Old Testament prophets, for those are whom The Father spoke through about The Son and His Plan of Salvation.

What does all this mean? It means that today, since Christ Jesus had already come to die on the cross to give us The New Covenant, then we can now see many Bible references to the Gospel of Jesus Christ all the way back in the Old Testament Books.

But of course the unbelieving Jews deny that Gospel of Jesus Christ, especially within the OT references. The early Dispensationalists in the 1800's did not deny all of God's Word like many of them are taught to do today. Something has changed, and that's one of the things I've tried to point out with modern Dispensationalist views now denying that even the Four Gospel Books are meant for Gentile believers on Christ Jesus. That's where their denial of the Book of James, the Book of Hebrews, or any other NT Book not written by Apostle Paul is coming from.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
People you all need to see that one is not a Christian, a follower of Jesus, if he or she deliberately commits a sin.

If one sins he or she is of Satan, and cannot be of God.

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
People you all need to see that one is not a Christian, a follower of Jesus, if he or she deliberately commits a sin.

If one sins he or she is of Satan, and cannot be of God.

Mark 3:28-30
28 "Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter;
29 but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation" —
30 because they said, "He has an unclean spirit."
NKJV

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
A person, who has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and deliberately sins, has lied to the Holy Spirit. That is blaspheming of the Holy Spirit.

(Acts 5:1-11) “There was another man, however, called Ananias. He and his wife, Sapphira, agreed to sell a property; but with his wife’s connivance he kept back part of the proceeds, and brought the rest and presented it to the apostles. Ananias, Peter said ‘now can Satan have so possessed you that you should lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the money from the land? While you still owned the land, wasn’t it yours to keep, and after you had sold it wasn’t the money yours to do with as you liked? What put this scheme into your mind? It is not to men that you have lied, but to God. When he heard this Ananias fell down dead. This made a profound impression on everyone present. The younger men got up, wrapped the body in a sheet, carried it out and buried it.

About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had taken place. Peter challenged her, ‘Tell me was this the price you sold the land for? ‘Yes,’ she said ‘that was the price.’ Peter then said, ‘So you and your husband have agreed to put the Spirit of the Lord to the test! What made you do it? You hear those footsteps? They have just been to bury your husband; they will carry you out, too.’ Instantly she dropped dead at his feet. When the young men came in they found she was dead, and they carried her out and buried her by the side of her husband. This made a profound impression on the whole Church and on all who heard it.”

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
A person, who has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and deliberately sins, has lied to the Holy Spirit. That is blaspheming of the Holy Spirit.

(Acts 5:1-11) “There was another man, however, called Ananias. He and his wife, Sapphira, agreed to sell a property; but with his wife’s connivance he kept back part of the proceeds, and brought the rest and presented it to the apostles. Ananias, Peter said ‘now can Satan have so possessed you that you should lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the money from the land? While you still owned the land, wasn’t it yours to keep, and after you had sold it wasn’t the money yours to do with as you liked? What put this scheme into your mind? It is not to men that you have lied, but to God. When he heard this Ananias fell down dead. This made a profound impression on everyone present. The younger men got up, wrapped the body in a sheet, carried it out and buried it.

About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had taken place. Peter challenged her, ‘Tell me was this the price you sold the land for? ‘Yes,’ she said ‘that was the price.’ Peter then said, ‘So you and your husband have agreed to put the Spirit of the Lord to the test! What made you do it? You hear those footsteps? They have just been to bury your husband; they will carry you out, too.’ Instantly she dropped dead at his feet. When the young men came in they found she was dead, and they carried her out and buried her by the side of her husband. This made a profound impression on the whole Church and on all who heard it.”

That is NOT what the scripture says.

28 "Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter;
29 but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation" —
NKJV

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
People will twist the written Word of God to make it mean what it does not say.

Here are some more verses that plainly tell us that a Christian does not sin. Watch how people take and twist these scriptures.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “ Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.”

John also tells us that if one sins they are of the devil. Does this sound like John thinks some one who does not sin is a liar?

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
People will twist the written Word of God to make it mean what it does not say.

Here are some more verses that plainly tell us that a Christian does not sin. Watch how people take and twist these scriptures.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “ Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.”

John also tells us that if one sins they are of the devil. Does this sound like John thinks some one who does not sin is a liar?

Thankful 1 said: A person, who has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and deliberately sins, has lied to the Holy Spirit. That is blaspheming of the Holy Spirit.

My reply: That is NOT what the scripture says.

NKJV

The scripture tells us why and it has nothing to do with a person committing sins of the flesh.

Thankful 1 said: People will twist the written Word of God to make it mean what it does not say.

My reply: Heal yourself, Looks like you twisted the word of God to make it say what you wanted it to say in the above.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

When a spiritual person sins he or she has replace God with Satan. Now I believe that is blaspheme of the Holy Spirit.

(Mark 3:28-30) “I tell you solemnly, all men’s sins will be forgiven, and all their blasphemies; but let anyone blaspheme against the Holy spirit and he will never have forgiveness he is guilty of an eternal sin. This was because they were saying, ‘An unclean spirit is in him’.

People will read scripture is such a way to make him or herself feel righteous. If one wants to read the preceding verse, in such a way as to mean that only saying something evil about the Holy Spirit is blaspheming the Holy Spirit, and only this will keep one out of the Kingdom of God, then they should be able to explain the following verses.

(Matthew 7:21-23) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA

When a spiritual person sins he or she has replace God with Satan. Now I believe that is blaspheme of the Holy Spirit.

(Mark 3:28-30) “I tell you solemnly, all men’s sins will be forgiven, and all their blasphemies; but let anyone blaspheme against the Holy spirit and he will never have forgiveness he is guilty of an eternal sin. This was because they were saying, ‘An unclean spirit is in him’.

People will read scripture is such a way to make him or herself feel righteous. If one wants to read the preceding verse, in such a way as to mean that only saying something evil about the Holy Spirit is blaspheming the Holy Spirit, and only this will keep one out of the Kingdom of God, then they should be able to explain the following verses.

(Matthew 7:21-23) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

Thankful 1 said: People will read scripture is such a way to make him or herself feel righteous. If one wants to read the preceding verse, in such a way as to mean that only saying something evil about the Holy Spirit is blaspheming the Holy Spirit, and only this will keep one out of the Kingdom of God, then they should be able to explain the following verses.

My reply: Can’t you discuss the scripture in question without trying to direct attention elsewhere.

Thankful 1 said OLD: A person, who has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and deliberately sins, has lied to the Holy Spirit. That is blaspheming of the Holy Spirit.

My reply: That is NOT what the scripture says.

NKJV

The scripture PLAINLY tells us why and it has nothing to do with a person committing sins of the flesh.

Thankful 1 said: People will twist the written Word of God to make it mean what it does not say.

My reply: Heal yourself, Looks like you twisted the word of God to make it say what you wanted it to say in the above.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
I am one with my spirit, and my spirit never sinned, and will never sin. The only way one can sin is doing so in the flesh.

People need to realize they need to take responsibility for their actions. Blaming Satan, or like their flesh is not them, is just one absolutely ludicrous way of trying to escape responsibility for one’s sins.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
I am one with my spirit, and my spirit never sinned, and will never sin. The only way one can sin is doing so in the flesh.

People need to realize they need to take responsibility for their actions. Blaming Satan, or like their flesh is not them, is just one absolutely ludicrous way of trying to escape responsibility for one’s sins.

Romans 7:14-8:5
14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.
16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good.
17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good.
22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
25 I thank God — through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Free from Indwelling Sin 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
NKJV

In verse 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit." This does not mean we, by our will (choice) do not sin. It simple means that when we are placing our belief, faith, trust, and confidence in the shed blood of Jesus on the cross we are walking in the spirit (in Christ). Verse 8:3 shows us that what man couldn't do because of the weakness of his flesh, the Son of God did for us.

If a person is worrying about his/her sins of the flesh then they do not believe that Jesus has taken care of them. The statement, "People need to realize they need to take responsibility for their actions. Blaming Satan, or like their flesh is not them, is just one absolutely ludicrous way of trying to escape responsibility for one’s sins." This flys in the face of verse 8:3 above.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

That is right a spiritual Christian will not sin! One who is being led by God will never willfully commit a sin.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA

That is right a spiritual Christian will not sin! One who is being led by God will never willfully commit a sin.

Only the spirit is sinless. The flesh still sins but they are covered by the shed blood of Jesus on the cross.

You seem to think that your flesh never sins any longer which certainly is not what Paul said in Romans 7.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
People I don’t know about you all, but my spirit never sinned apart from me. All my sins have been done by me, and my spirit and I are one.

Some people so as not to take responsibility for his or her sins say their flesh is not part of them. What a cop out, and who but a sinner looking for an excuse for their sins would ever try such an evasion?