The Book of Jasher...?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why do you come here to read people's posts?
you have a problem with me reading people post, is this not a forum?

if there's a problem with you in me reading any post, then U have the problem

PICJAG.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nay, he come to talk at people, not with them, as his label name suggests. That has been my experience with him.
well this is a free board, right? if that's your opinion, then it's YOUR opinion, which you can keep to yourself... :D for you and anyone else opinion is not changing me... :eek:

PICJAG

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF no one reads the posts, no one would get bad morals from the posts - (bad company corrupts good morals).

No one's opinion , with bad morals, would change anyone else's opinion..... and bad morals are world wide after all....

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you have a problem with me reading people post, is this not a forum?

if there's a problem with you in me reading any post, then U have the problem

PICJAG.
Sure it's a forum. I'm wondering why you're here if you think people reading the Book of Jasher is a waste of time. Why do you have a problem if some people want to read it?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure it's a forum. I'm wondering why you're here if you think people reading the Book of Jasher is a waste of time. Why do you have a problem if some people want to read it?
did I say it was a waste of time? see , get it right first, before you run off on a tangent. now got back and read what I said.

PICJAG.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
did I say it was a waste of time? see , get it right first, before you run off on a tangent. now got back and read what I said.

PICJAG.
I know what you wrote. Do you?
Addressing the OP TOPIC.
it's amazing how people want to read another book when they have not mastered 1 (ONE), not one of the 66 book before them.

PICJAG.
So we could say it's "amazing" that you come here to read people's posts when you haven't mastered the Bible. Why do you do it?

Reactions: bbyrd009

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what you wrote. Do you?
So we could say it's "amazing" that you come here to read people's posts when you haven't mastered the Bible. Why do you do it?

master at least one book of the 66 and then read Jasher and anything else you want to read. and two it's not me who to need to master anyone's post, just correct it if it's false.... :rolleyes:

and this. if you want to just complain and talk, that's what facebook and tweeter is for. unless you want to discuss the scriptures? then see you... :cool:
don't have time to argue over nothing.

good day.

PICJAG

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
master at least one book of the 66 and then read Jasher and anything else you want to read. and two it's not me who to need to master anyone's post, just correct it if it's false.... :rolleyes:
Who appointed you to correct other people? Is your wisdom and knowledge so great that God appointed you to this job? Is that the reason you're here: To find fault with others so you can feel superior by correcting them?
and this. if you want to just complain and talk, that's what facebook and tweeter is for. unless you want to discuss the scriptures? then see you... :cool:
don't have time to argue over nothing.

good day.

PICJAG
I'd would say you started an argument over nothing. If I read about a city in the Bible, I might not know where it is. I might try to find a map with it on it. I might read history books too to try to get a better grasp of some of the people in the Bible. The Book of Jasher is mentioned in the Bible. Why would people be curious about it? The question, of course, is if the book we have now is the same book mentioned in the Bible -- or is it corrupt? Could it possibly be an invention? I see nothing wrong with people trying to find out more information if it can help them understand references in the Bible.

If you don't have time to argue over nothing, I advise stop making condescending posts as if you are so smart and others aren't. Why come here and pretend to be an authority who's appointed to correct others? Your post contributed nothing meaningful to the conversation.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
well, it was maybe revealing, even if not what was intended to reveal maybe :)
The extant "Book of Jashar" is not the same as the Book of Jashar mentioned in the Old Testament, it is only a later rabbinic work. It is not regarded as canonical by any mainstream christian churches. It is useful as a scholarly reference but is not necessarily historically reliable.
ah, ty, how much later is the extant Jasher? Is it anything close to like 3000 years old, say?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
well this is a free board, right? if that's your opinion, then it's YOUR opinion, which you can keep to yourself... :D for you and anyone else opinion is not changing me... :eek:

PICJAG

I just told of my experience trying to interact with you. You can take note of it or you can simply ignore it and keep doing what you are doing. It is no skin off of my nose. Now when I see your screen name on a post, I simply skip it for the most part. You are welcome to do the same with my posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Giuliano

Mosheli

Jul 2, 2020
Wellington
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
ah, ty, how much later is the extant Jasher? Is it anything close to like 3000 years old, say?

Not sure but I think it dates from A.D. times.

Jashar 10:8 "And the children of Gomer, according to their cities, were the Francum, who dwell in the land of Franza, by the river Franza, by the river Senah."

The Franks and France were not around until after the Roman empire.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Jashar 10:8 "And the children of Gomer, according to their cities, were the Francum, who dwell in the land of Franza, by the river Franza, by the river Senah."

ya so i mean pls

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I tend to agree with you. I had other reasons for thinking it was a later writing. When I looked up that chapter, I found other names that suggest a later date for the book. The following passage contains Italian names.

Jasher 10:15 And the children of Elishah are the Almanim, and they also went and built themselves cities; those are the cities situate between the mountains of Job and Shibathmo; and of them were the people of Lumbardi who dwell opposite the mountains of Job and Shibathmo, and they conquered the land of Italia and remained there unto this day.
16 And the children of Chittim are the Romim who dwell in the valley of Canopia by the river Tibreu.
Perhaps names got altered or updated? If a book is transmitted orally, each generation could alter some outdated names to current ones. Thus we find these passages:

Genesis 14:14 And when Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his trained servants, born in his own house, three hundred and eighteen, and pursued them unto Dan.

Deuteronomy 34:1 And Moses went up from the plains of Moab unto the mountain of Nebo, to the top of Pisgah, that is over against Jericho. And the Lord shewed him all the land of Gilead, unto Dan,
The problem with saying "Dan" is that no such territory or city existed until later when the tribe of Dan finally occupied the area assigned them and built the city of Dan.

Judges 18:28 And there was no deliverer, because it was far from Zidon, and they had no business with any man; and it was in the valley that lieth by Bethrehob. And they built a city, and dwelt therein.
29 And they called the name of the city Dan, after the name of Dan their father, who was born unto Israel: howbeit the name of the city was Laish at the first.
Some geography in the book of Joshua 15 is also odd. The numbers of cities don't match up with the lists. The cities are 29 it says, but then lists 38. Then it says 14 cities but lists 15. I have seen explanations which seemed reasonable to me; but I'm not 100% sure those explanations are correct.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just told of my experience trying to interact with you. You can take note of it or you can simply ignore it and keep doing what you are doing. It is no skin off of my nose. Now when I see you screen name on a post, I simply skip it for the most part. You are welcome to do the same with my posts.
now that's a trooper, ...... ;)

PICJAG.