• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE BOOK OF MORMON - A Re-Title Exercise

A test of mental skill and artistic ability:

A single picture has just been given to you, representing the heart of a brand new Phantasy Fiction Novel of a dangerous religious sci-fi adventure, which was once tentatively titled the "Book of Mormon", but whose title was extremely lethargic, incompetent and impotent, and thus needs a new captivating, brilliant and viril name:

Here is the phantastic picture:

moroni_buries_plates.jpeg

Now, you, dear reader, get to re-name this classic failure of phantasy. Who will take up the challenge? Who will reforge this hodgepodge of ecclesiastical action fiction into a new sword of mythology?

Cite this entire post, and place your names:

Some starter suggestions:

[1] Buried Talents

[2] Ohh,... I shouldn't have eaten that burrito before I came out here ...

[3] The Final Resting Place Of The Fool's Gold

[4] Do Liars Really Pray? - A Cockamamie Tale

[5] Just Imagine -- Shot While Falling Out A Prison Window, And For What?

[6] Wishful Thinking - The Story Begins

[7] Ommmm, I AM ... Ommmmm ... I AM ... Ommmm, 'Hello.' ... I AM ... Ommmm, I AM, "Wait!? What?!!!, Who's There?" "I thought it was just me out here. ...", 'Oh, ok, forget I said anything then.' ... ...

[8] *Whew*, carrying these gold things all the way out here is gonna be the death of me, better pray before ... - *croak*, *ack*, *thud* ...

[9] ArchaeoLIEogical Records: Once upon a time that never was in a place that never existed ...

[10] No one will ever find my comic book for specially challenged people way out here ...

Reactions: TLHKAJ

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE BOOK OF MORMON - A Re-Title Exercise

A test of mental skill and artistic ability:

A single picture has just been given to you, representing the heart of a brand new Phantasy Fiction Novel of a dangerous religious sci-fi adventure, which was once tentatively titled the "Book of Mormon", but whose title was extremely lethargic, incompetent and impotent, and thus needs a new captivating, brilliant and viril name:

Here is the phantastic picture:

Now, you, dear reader, get to re-name this classic failure of phantasy. Who will take up the challenge? Who will reforge this hodgepodge of ecclesiastical action fiction into a new sword of mythology?

Cite this entire post, and place your names:

Some starter suggestions:

[1] Buried Talents

[2] Ohh,... I shouldn't have eaten that burrito before I came out here ...

[3] The Final Resting Place Of The Fool's Gold

[4] Do Liars Really Pray? - A Cockamamie Tale

[5] Just Imagine -- Shot While Falling Out A Prison Window, And For What?

[6] Wishful Thinking - The Story Begins

[7] Ommmm, I AM ... Ommmmm ... I AM ... Ommmm, 'Hello.' ... I AM ... Ommmm, I AM, "Wait!? What?!!!, Who's There?" "I thought it was just me out here. ...", 'Oh, ok, forget I said anything then.' ... ...

[8] *Whew*, carrying these gold things all the way out here is gonna be the death of me, better pray before ... - *croak*, *ack*, *thud* ...

[9] ArchaeoLIEogical Records: Once upon a time that never was in a place that never existed ...

[10] No one will ever find my comic book for specially challenged people way out here ...
[11] The Forgotten Realm of Hokum, A Tale Of Sheer Fabricated Convenience, The Qur'anic Sequel

[12] The Ultimate Religious Nutter's Survival Guide - How To Dig A Perfectly Laid Masonic Stone Brick Hole With An Iron Broad Sword in The Middle Of The Woods And Then Attempt To Go Number #2 And Wipe With Specially Prepared Gold Leaf Paper Before Covering Ones Tracks By Mental Acuity Powers (*mentally* - , **Pfffffzzzt** & Subtitle, When *brainfarts* Happens in a Forest When No One Else Is Around, Does Anyone Live To Tell The Story?)

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[13] Joseph Smith's Fall Into The Realm Of Apostasy, starring Alan Quartermain and a whole buncha desperate and blackmailed women

[14] Gullibles Travels

[15] Grave Robbing - A How To Manual

[16] Cracka! Culture (no black folks were purposefully injured in the making of this charade, but they were demeaned good n' proper, and 'accidents' do happen from time to time)

[17] Encyclopedia Of Phantastical Amazing Nonsense And Then Some

[18] The Idiot's Guide To Make A Fortune From Storytellin'

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[19] If you thought religion came from a man burying gold plates in the woods, you'd have mistaken the goods, for religion came by a man burying his face into a hat - if ya' can imagine that.

[20] Dianetics - The Prequel

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[22] The 'Second' Book Of Mormon (But Don't Worry, Nothing Really Important Was In That First One That Was Stolen, Besides, Sequels Are Always Better, Aren't They? Maybe We Could Call "The 'Second' Book Of Mormon", "StarWars: The Rise Of Skywalker's Father's Brother's Nephew's Cousin's Former Roommate." (Well, Falling Out Of A Window Is Like Skywalking, Isn't It???))

BeauJangles

Oct 16, 2020
Visalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 'Second' Book Of Mormon (But Don't Worry, Nothing Really Important Was In That First One That Was Stolen, Besides, <<Sequels Are Always Better, Aren't They?>>

A rarity but not impossible. A few sequels are equal t0 or better than the original productions but not often.

Maybe We Could Call "The 'Second' Book Of Mormon", "StarWars:

Or, "The Second Book of Mormon" that didn't get lost like the souls that take up with such nonsense like the first one?

Reactions: Behold

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[23] The Cure For Insomnia (Instructions, begin by reading the Title, "Book of Mor ... Zzzzzzzzzz")

[24] Reader's Digest: Making A Mockery Of History Series

[25] Destination Oooo-taah

[26] Tax Racket

[27] How to make up names with absolutely no etymological meaning in any language whatsoever - no really.

[28] The Truthful Boast Of Joseph Smith - Not Even Jesus Christ Could Have Written This Book

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[29] TRUTH!: It's Like You Sorta, Kinda, Maybe Just Hav'ta Feel It Deep Down Inside Somewhere In The Bosom As A Burning - Right There ~ *{{{BURP}}}*~ Oh, wait. Nevermind, that was undigested pizza - false alarm everyone, forget I said anything.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

-
It seems to me that the person in the Painting is about to try to Break Bricks with his Kung Fu skills.
The burning question.. is.... whether he will use his hands or his head to try to break the bricks.
I vote "Hands'....
The reason?
Well, the painting illustrates Winter, and those bricks are ice cold and so, hitting your head on ice cold bricks in the winter just does not seem Logical, does it?
I guess we should ask Moroni.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[30] BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE HILL CUMORAH (Palmyra NY), starring the very white guy, Chuck Norris, and the other very white guy, David Carradine, who take on the indigenous non-white people of South America (NY is close to that right?), led by the non-white guy Bruce Lee and his more complex melanin cousin Bruce Leeroy and the posse of 'bruva bad'.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[31] An Exercise From The Art Of War: The Classic Hegelian Dialectic At Work - A Treatise In How the Jesuit Order of Romanism, through its secretive cabal of Free Masonry, Creates an Extreme False Flag Religion of Protestantism, seeking to undermine the Scriptural (KJB) ethic of the Protestants of the united States of America, all the while claiming innocency and no knowledge. (Hey, it's more plausible than the 'eventful history' originally found in the BoM, right?)

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who do you pray to?
My answer: my Father in Heaven, in the name of Jesus Christ whom is my Lord & Savior.
Mormons are a cult founded by a Freemason, like the Boy Scouts!
Are you wanting to have a productive or thoughtful conversation, or just throw smack?

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My answer: my Father in Heaven, in the name of Jesus Christ whom is my Lord & Savior.

I'm sorry but this comment is both very ignorant and not conducive to productive thought or discussion.
Do you believe God was once a human and that humans can evolve into gods as well? Do you believe God has lots of wives? What about Jesus? What about satan? Do you believe they are brothers?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you wanting to have a productive or thoughtful conversation, or just throw smack?

no offense but I thought you would respond
But truth is truth! Smith was a mason

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe God was once a human and that humans can evolve into gods as well? Do you believe God has lots of wives? What about Jesus? What about satan? Do you believe they are brothers?
No no no