The Bride of Christ / The Body of Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many have taken ahold of this thinking, that we are the Bride of Christ. Some have elevated the concept of the Bride of Christ as being a select number of Christians who have excelled to rule over the lower level Christians. Personally I see that offering an appeal to flesh, to lord over others. We are not to be that way. Not saying you think this way!

Adam was a type for Him who was to come.

God said Adam should not be alone, but none of the created creatures were right for Adam, so God had to make someone special, Eve.

Much love!

And just as Eve is taken from Adams side, so the Church is taken from Christ's side, the Water and the Blood, the 2 Great Sacraments of the Church.

Pax et Bonum

Reactions: dev553344

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I don't see any that actually identify the church as the bride of Christ. Perhaps you could supply the quotation, and show me?

Much love!

I didnt say the church was the bride of Christ, i stated the little flock is the bride of Christ-they are numbered-144,000--The great crowd, no man can number-Rev 7:9

Reactions: marks

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And just as Eve is taken from Adams side, so the Church is taken from Christ's side, the Water and the Blood, the 2 Great Sacraments of the Church.

Pax et Bonum

I have attended different denominations that gather in churches--Not one teach all that Jesus taught. Those clergy's get paid to teach a religions brand of dogma and little of what Jesus teaches--Its hard to obey Jesus when does not know what he actually teaches-John 3:36--Thus remain in Gods wrath. Every church is like that.
There seems to be confusion in revelation, because the Greek word used is congregation to the 7 that Jesus spoke to, not church. Jesus did not address a building, he addressed the inhabitants of said building.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have attended different denominations that gather in churches--Not one teach all that Jesus taught. Those clergys get paid to teach a religions brand of dogma and little of what Jesus teaches--Its hard to obey Jesus when does not know what he actually teaches-John 3:36--Thus remain in Gods wrath. Every church is like that.
Sadly, that is true, one church I attended justifies it saying that because of the hardness of their hearts it's not followed.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didnt say the church was the bride of Christ, i stated the little flock is the bride of Christ-they are numbered-144,000--The great crowd, no man can number-Rev 7:9
I'm sorry, you are right, I misspoke.

What I should have said was, I don't see anyone in those passages being identified as Jesus' bride, and then to ask in which of these are they the bride? I'm not seeing that said.

Much love!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
While "bride" is used as a simile of the church, the church is actually identified not as Jesus' bride, but as His Body.
How about simply accepting the fact that the Bride is also the Body and vice versa? These are metaphors for spiritual realities. So let's not forget the building. To keep it simple: THE CHURCH = THE BODY = THE BRIDE = THE BUIILDING OF CHRIST.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, you are right, I misspoke.

What I should have said was, I don't see anyone in those passages being identified as Jesus' bride, and then to ask in which of these are they the bride? I'm not seeing that said.

Much love!

The little flock is the only ones promised heaven-Thus are the bride-Rev 21:2 shows the new Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven is the bride. So they are the ones in heaven who are his bride. The great crowd is not promised heaven anywhere. Only taught by the darkness that the great crowd goes to heaven.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about simply accepting the fact that the Bride is also the Body and vice versa? These are metaphors for spiritual realities. So let's not forget the building. To keep it simple: THE CHURCH = THE BODY = THE BRIDE = THE BUIILDING OF CHRIST.

The whole reason-There is one flock under Jesus, yet a part of that flock is called the little flock( Luke 12:32)-these are numbered 144,000=the anointed, this is the bride-Rev 21:2 says they are the new Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven as the bride. The great crowd no man can number( Rev 7:9) are the remaining members of the one flock under Jesus but are not promised heaven anywhere in the bible.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The whole reason-There is one flock under Jesus, yet a part of that flock is called the little flock( Luke 12:32)-these are numbered 144,000=the anointed, this is the bride-Rev 21:2 says they are the new Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven as the bride. The great crowd no man can number( Rev 7:9) are the remaining members of the one flock under Jesus but are not promised heaven anywhere in the bible.
Since the Body of Christ is indivisible, this is incorrect.
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one Body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. (1 Cor 12:13)

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i once heard a preacher say that just as in the natural world it took intimacy between bride and groom to produce offspring; so too in the spiritual/supernatural world it takes intimacy with Jesus to produce the next generation of Christians.
...and the fruit of the Spirit.

"...that you might belong to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God. 5For when we lived according to the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies, bearing fruit for death." Romans 7:4-5

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about simply accepting the fact that the Bride is also the Body and vice versa?
Compelling argument.

Agreed, these are metaphors to greater reality.

One of the things that I remain extremely interested in is, how do we read the Bible? Are we willing to stretch ideas a little past what the Bible says? Are we willing to leave a couple of dots unconnected because the rest seem to fit so well?

We have a similar issue when we come to the "nation of priests", but that should be a different thread I suppose.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The little flock is the only ones promised heaven-Thus are the bride-Rev 21:2 shows the new Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven is the bride. So they are the ones in heaven who are his bride. The great crowd is not promised heaven anywhere. Only taught by the darkness that the great crowd goes to heaven.
Would you mind posting the text of the passages that show you this, and show me which parts teach this? I'm interested in understanding your viewpoint, but I'm having difficulty following your reasoning, or mostly, the parts of the passages you are seeing this in.

Much love!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We have a similar issue when we come to the "nation of priests", but that should be a different thread I suppose.
Actually that fits right in. Here the metaphor is that believers are living stones in the Building of Christ (called "a Spiritual House"): To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. (1 Pet 2:4,5)

Reactions: Philip James

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually that fits right in. Here the metaphor is that believers are living stones in the Building of Christ (called "a Spiritual House"): To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. (1 Pet 2:4,5)
There is a prophecy that describes a nation acting as a priesthood to the rest of the world. Do you know the one?

Much love

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Indeed!

For from the rising of the sun, even to its setting, my name is great among the nations; And everywhere they bring sacrifice to my name, and a pure offering; For great is my name among the nations, says the LORD of hosts.

Pax et Bonum

Reactions: Enoch111

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the Body of Christ is indivisible, this is incorrect.
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one Body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. (1 Cor 12:13)

Yes one body split into 2 separate promises-144,000 to heaven, the great crowd no man can number to earth. That is bible truth. Or who do you say gets this promise from Jesus--Matt 5:5-Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth??? Because the little flock and great crowd are the only ones getting saved.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you mind posting the text of the passages that show you this, and show me which parts teach this? I'm interested in understanding your viewpoint, but I'm having difficulty following your reasoning, or mostly, the parts of the passages you are seeing this in.

Much love!

Luke12:32=The little flock--Rev 14:3 numbers them=144,000--These are promised to rule as kings and priests on thrones beside Jesus-Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6--The great crowd no man can number( Rev 7:9) are the only other ones whoget saved. Since they arent numbered means the little Flock is the 144,000--The great crowd gets this promise from Jesus= Matt 5:5-Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth( land)--The psalmist knew that fact as well-Psalm 37:29--The righteous themselves will possess the earth and live forever on it.
I hope this helps.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke12:32=The little flock--Rev 14:3 numbers them=144,000--These are promised to rule as kings and priests on thrones beside Jesus-Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6--The great crowd no man can number( Rev 7:9) are the only other ones whoget saved. Since they arent numbered means the little Flock is the 144,000--The great crowd gets this promise from Jesus= Matt 5:5-Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth( land)--The psalmist knew that fact as well-Psalm 37:29--The righteous themselves will possess the earth and live forever on it.
I hope this helps.
This is what you did before, post references, but not the text that shows your thought. I look at these passages, I don't see a bride mentioned, much less a definition of who that bride is. I'm sorry, I'm just not seeing that.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since they arent numbered means the little Flock is the 144,000
These 144,000, these are on earth as the innumerable multitude is in heaven. And they are identified in the text as being Jewish men, 12,000 from each tribe. Isn't that what it means?

There is an whole narrative there about what happens when and to whom, what reason do we have to not just accept it in that plain sense in which it is written?

Much love!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what you did before, post references, but not the text that shows your thought. I look at these passages, I don't see a bride mentioned, much less a definition of who that bride is. I'm sorry, I'm just not seeing that.

Much love!

The bride is mentioned at Rev 21:2 called the new Jerusalem. It is the little flock who sat on thrones by Jesus side helping judge even the fallen angels.

Reactions: marks