The Bride of Christ / The Body of Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These 144,000, these are on earth as the innumerable multitude is in heaven. And they are identified in the text as being Jewish men, 12,000 from each tribe. Isn't that what it means?

There is an whole narrative there about what happens when and to whom, what reason do we have to not just accept it in that plain sense in which it is written?

Much love!

Some of its symbolism. The Israelite religion is cut off of being Gods chosen( Matt 23:38,39) Spiritual Israel is now Gods chosen, they come from every nation, tribe and tongue. Rev 7:9)-These will be standing before the throne on earth-Why? Because that throne will be the only ruling power left in existence-Daniel 2:44

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of its symbolism. The Israelite religion is cut off of being Gods chosen( Matt 23:38,39) Spiritual Israel is now Gods chosen, they come from every nation, tribe and tongue. Rev 7:9)-These will be standing before the throne on earth-Why? Because that throne will be the only ruling power left in existence-Daniel 2:44

I look at passages like this one,

Jeremiah 31
31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
35 Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The Lord of hosts is his name:
36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the Lord, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
37 Thus saith the Lord; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the Lord.

I don't see Israel ceasing to be God's chosen nation. I see God fulfilling all of His promises to His people.

Much love!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I look at passages like this one,

Jeremiah 31
31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
35 Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The Lord of hosts is his name:
36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the Lord, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
37 Thus saith the Lord; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the Lord.

I don't see Israel ceasing to be God's chosen nation. I see God fulfilling all of His promises to His people.

Much love!

Jesus didnt lie-At Matthew23, he told the Israelite spiritual leaders off, verse 38, he assures them your house is abandoned to you-meaning cut off of being Gods chosen, but Gods great love left the door open to them in verse39--They must bless Jesus--They have outright refused for over 1950 years, they never will. The renting of the banner in 2 at the moment Jesus died signified they were cut off. They were apostocised when Jesus came, and to this day remain like that. They sent Gods son to his death out of hatred for him, it was the last straw. As well Jesus told them they were closing up Gods kingdom to the flock, to this day it remains the same. Spiritual Israel is now Gods chosen. John had no clue what the religion that had Jesus would be called here in these last days so he referenced Israel, just carrying the meaning-Gods chosen. They are not literal Israel now.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didnt lie-At Matthew23, he told the Israelite spiritual leaders off, verse 38, he assures them your house is abandoned to you-meaning cut off of being Gods chosen, but Gods great love left the door open to them in verse39--They must bless Jesus--They have outright refused for over 1950 years, they never will. The renting of the banner in 2 at the moment Jesus died signified they were cut off. They were apostocised when Jesus came, and to this day remain like that. They sent Gods son to his death out of hatred for him, it was the last straw. As well Jesus told them they were closing up Gods kingdom to the flock, to this day it remains the same. Spiritual Israel is now Gods chosen. John had no clue what the religion that had Jesus would be called here in these last days so he referenced Israel, just carrying the meaning-Gods chosen. They are not literal Israel now.
But you are saying then that God did cast them out because of what they did, which is exactly what He said He would not do.

Isn't that so?

Much love!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you are saying then that God did cast them out because of what they did, which is exactly what He said He would not do.

Isn't that so?

Much love!

It was they who caused it not God. God left the door open to them, its they who reject Jesus to this day-Matt 23:39

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It was they who caused it not God. God left the door open to them, its they who reject Jesus to this day-Matt 23:39

Not all rejected Jesus. God wed His people Israel, as He promised He would do.. What joy, what marvel, what mercy! That gentiles were welcomed into that union..

"For this reason a man shall leave (his) father and (his) mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."

This is a great mystery, but I speak in reference to Christ and the church

Pax et Bonum

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While "bride" is used as a simile of the church, the church is actually identified not as Jesus' bride, but as His Body.
Yes, agree, as we, The [One] Body Of Christ Are, In Fact, the "One New man,"
(Eph 2:15). This Is Under Grace, And The Mystery. Can't be a woman, Correct?

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

On the other hand, Under Prophecy, we find:

"And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven
vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come
hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and
shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven
from God, Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone
most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates
twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the
twelve tribes of the children of Israel" (Rev 21:9-12)

Thus, we are convinced The [One] Body Of Christ Is The Groom,
and [the Twelve tribes of] Israel is "the bride." Amen?

Grace, Peace, And JOY!...

Reactions: marks

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not all rejected Jesus. God wed His people Israel, as He promised He would do.. What joy, what marvel, what mercy! That gentiles were welcomed into that union..

"For this reason a man shall leave (his) father and (his) mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."

This is a great mystery, but I speak in reference to Christ and the church

Pax et Bonum

Only the little flock = the bride of Christ= the anointed-these are numbered-144,000( Rev 14:3) These are promised heaven, to rule as kings and priests alongside Jesus on thrones( Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6)- The great crowd( Rev 7:9) which no man can number is not promised heaven anywhere in the bible. They are promised the earth by Jesus-Matt 5:5)

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, agree, as we, The [One] Body Of Christ Are, In Fact, the "One New man,"
(Eph 2:15). This Is Under Grace, And The Mystery. Can't be a woman, Correct?

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

On the other hand, Under Prophecy, we find:

"And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven
vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come
hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and
shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven
from God, Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone
most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates
twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the
twelve tribes of the children of Israel" (Rev 21:9-12)

Thus, we are convinced The [One] Body Of Christ Is The Groom,
and [the Twelve tribes of] Israel is "the bride." Amen?

Grace, Peace, And JOY!...

Jesus is the groom, the little flock( Luke 12:32=144,000) is the bride.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some ppl are so puffed up bc THEY think THEY know something no one else does.
In fact pet sayings outside God's word are just a part of the idiosyncratic
drama on a personal level of that person and very boring to see over and over again !

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still, though, you are saying, Israel disobeyed, did terribly wrong things, so God cast them away. What the Bible says He would not do. God will keep His promises to His chosen nation.

Much love!

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This is a great topic...I have often meditated on what the OT says about God's wife...
“Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:”
— Jeremiah 3:14 (KJV)“For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.”
— Isaiah 54:5 (KJV)

Obviously this marriage is a covenant relationship.
So God became Israel's husband when He made a covenant with them at Mt. Sinai...
Jesus became the new covenant promise between God and His people...
Jesus will marry at the time of the Wedding to His Bride...we are invited to the Wedding feast.
So is this Bride of Christ Israel reborn?
@Heart2Soul Interesting that in the OT the emphasis is on Israel as the wife of Jehovah. In the NT, the emphasis is on the church as the bride of Christ.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still, though, you are saying, Israel disobeyed, did terribly wrong things, so God cast them away. What the Bible says He would not do. God will keep His promises to His chosen nation.

Much love!

And i showed you, God left the door open to them, its they who are refusing to walk through it. Its not Gods fault. Would you keep the door open for someone who sent your child to a horrific death? God tried, Jesus came just for them and they kicked God and Jesus in the teeth.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And i showed you, God left the door open to them, its they who are refusing to walk through it. Its not Gods fault. Would you keep the door open for someone who sent your child to a horrific death? God tried, Jesus came just for them and they kicked God and Jesus in the teeth.
God has promised to not cast them out, and has promised in fact to save the remnent. Personally, I believe Him. He is gracious and full of mercy.

Much love!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has promised to not cast them out, and has promised in fact to save the remnent. Personally, I believe Him. He is gracious and full of mercy.

Much love!

He will only save those who obey his son. They can, they outright refuse. The pharisees saw the new religion-Acts 24:5