• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@BarnyFife
@VictoryinJesus

Hello there

What is coming through to me in your latest responses (replies #236 & #237) is the fact that you are 'Beloved of the Lord and Precious'. I am seeing you behind the words, and loving you in the Lord, which is a joy.

The risen Christ is the tie that binds us, and we rejoice in Him, in the knowledge that He has provided us with an eternal hope. We are in Him, and have been given the spirit of sonship whereby we can call the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 'Abba' too. He will lead us on to full understanding, so that one day we will 'know' even as we are known.

So forgive my inabilities, please, for I am just a learner too.

May His Name be praised.
Chris

'Be kindly affectioned
one to another
with brotherly love;
in honour preferring one another;'
(Rom 12:10)

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one made it to that 1,000 year mark definitely according to scripture where Methuselah, the longest one on record, only completed 969 years. One thousand is a special goal to be attained. Who will make it as far as that?

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
People have written long explanations/arguments about a millennial reign, but perhaps to even get into it and the discussion about it in the way that they do... are some of them perhaps missing just exactly what it should or could mean to one who is following the lead of the Holy Spirit?

"And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:" Rev 10:6

Perhaps the end of time for some people began when they arrived at the point of never dying?

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Then at that point they attained unto that which all of the supposedly 'long lived' people such as Methuselah missed because what their first parents began: death.

Perhaps unending Life or the time period of 'for ever" is equal to 1,000 years if we are able to understand what that means?

"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." II Peter 3:8

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

"All thine enemies have opened their mouth against thee: they hiss and gnash the teeth: they say, We have swallowed her up: certainly this is the day that we looked for; we have found, we have seen it" Lament 2:16

"Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken." Ezek 39:8

An idea about this has been with me for a long time and now I am simply presenting things for consideration and study and prayer. In the end how important is it for us to know an absolute answer?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Be kindly affectioned
one to another
with brotherly love;

Agree. One thing I’ve asked Him for is...for Him to teach me how to listen more.

‘Be kindly affectioned
one to another
with brotherly love;

Only quoting Luke 14: 7-10. Not for debate but because what you posted reminded me of this. The other night I was up late meditating on this parable. When he marked how they who were called chose out the chief rooms. His Instructing instead to sit not in chief seats lest a more honorable man than thou comes In, and the one who invited you says “give this man place.” and you begin with shame to take the lowest room.

what stood out to me is the “take the lowest room” and “give this man place” that when he that invited you comes, he may say “Friend, go up higher” Then shall you have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with you.

John 4:19-24 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. [20] Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. [21] Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. [22] Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. [23] But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. [24] God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

just thinking about
‘Be kindly affectioned
one to another
with brotherly love;

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People have written long explanations/arguments about a millennial reign, but perhaps to even get into it and the discussion about it in the way that they do... are some of them perhaps missing just exactly what it should or could mean to one who is following the lead of the Holy Spirit?

"And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:" Rev 10:6

Perhaps the end of time for some people began when they arrived at the point of never dying?

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Then at that point they attained unto that which all of the supposedly 'long lived' people such as Methuselah missed because what their first parents began: death.

Perhaps unending Life or the time period of 'for ever" is equal to 1,000 years if we are able to understand what that means?

"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." II Peter 3:8

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

"All thine enemies have opened their mouth against thee: they hiss and gnash the teeth: they say, We have swallowed her up: certainly this is the day that we looked for; we have found, we have seen it" Lament 2:16

"Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken." Ezek 39:8

An idea about this has been with me for a long time and now I am simply presenting things for consideration and study and prayer. In the end how important is it for us to know an absolute answer?

I don’t know. Never have given it much thought. Only mentioned ‘a thousand years’
In regards to the discussion. How unique He is in the ‘a thousand years’...Psalm 102:26-28 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed: [27] But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end. [28] The children of thy servants shall continue, and their seed shall be established before thee.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus concerning the ten virgins which all slept consider Ephesians 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

I’ve always heard in Revelation 3:20 he stands without and knocks at the door. Tried to find he stands without but haven’t yet? Do you know where the stands without and knocks and if anyone will open he will come in originate from? A verse? A question I’ve had lately is why does he stand without? was not the foolish virgins the ones standing without knocking and the door was shut? the Lord within, those without knocking?

A few thoughts. You quoted "He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled." John 3:29

Behold (Look)
I stand at the door
and knock (to strike)
If anyone hears My voice
and opens the door
I will come in to him
And will dine with him, and he with Me. Revelation 3:20

Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven. [2] Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving; [3] Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds: [4] That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.(as I ought to speak to who?) [5] Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. [6] Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
Colossians 4:1-6
Very interesting observation.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know. Never have given it much thought. Only mentioned ‘a thousand years’
In regards to the discussion. How unique He is in the ‘a thousand years’...Psalm 102:26-28 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed: [27] But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end. [28] The children of thy servants shall continue, and their seed shall be established before thee.
Some years ago I gathered together some verses that seemingly related to the millennial period, but I really could not draw any conclusions. I still have the gathered verses in a folder [computer] for reference. I know that other people have drawn conclusions, but I have never been able to see them. This thing of connecting that period with the 1000 years, which was missed by Methuselah, who apparently died in the flood, I believe, fits, but there are some missing pieces and/or some things not yet understood... as for instance:

"And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,..." Rev 20:7

Right now my mind is drawing a blank, so any input might be helpful. Maybe I'll start reading some of the posts in those millennial discussions when they come up here...?

Again the question, why is it important? I go back to this:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:33-34

If a person is truly and sincerely seeking those first things first, but does not have a good vision of the millennium, what does it matter to him? It could, of course, matter, but if it does, will it not be among those things to add to him?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's been a little over 2 days since Jesus walked this earth.
But God has been here before the beginning and there will never be an end.

Hos 6:2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

I suppose it depends on how you hear this.. because the next verse that came to mind was:

Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

So here we are day 2.. I feel a spirit of revival coming.. and whether that 3rd day is immediate..
I don't know. I just know a lot of people feeling anxious.

Just thinking..
Hugs

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah but I see it kind of different... because I am..

Judas did exactly what was written of him in order for God's will to be done.
He also did what David wrote in the Psalms:

Psa 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

And Jesus himself hung on a cross removing the curse of Judas.

Ah but the ones sitting in the upper chamber, they were so much better.
Peter denied him 3 times, Thomas doubted, and James and John coveted the best seats on the right and left hand in the kingdom.
Maybe it was Nathaniel that ran away naked.. He was a good Israelite but he didn't know about Nazareth in the prophecies.
Jhn 1:46 And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see.

I'm sure each one had some flaws.
But Judas fulfilled what was written about him in order for everything that followed to fall into place.
It was God's will. And Judas obeyed.

There is none perfect no not one.
Can you imagine knowing that it was you who would have to be the betrayer??

How many times did they confirm it was Judas that would betray him? many

Luk 22:47 And while he yet spake, behold a multitude, and he that was called Judas, one of the twelve, went before them, and drew near unto Jesus to kiss him.
Luk 22:48 But Jesus said unto him, Judas, betrayest thou the Son of man with a kiss?

yea:
Psa 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Jesus calls Peter Satan. Tells Peter Satan wants to sift him as wheat.
And then Peter says that Satan jumped from him to Judas..
I find that interesting..

Act 1:15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)
Act 1:16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
Act 1:17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.
Act 1:18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
Act 1:19 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.
Act 1:20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

You see what Peter said ?? Verse 18 read it good.
Who baught the field?

Mat 27:5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
Mat 27:6 And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood.
Mat 27:7 And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in.
Mat 27:8 Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day.

They gave Judas the silver, he threw it back at them, they were guilty of the blood money and they blame Judas.

Where is bishoprick in the psalms??

How about this one:
Psa 69:25 Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents.
or
Psa 109:15 Let them be before the LORD continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.

You want to talk about twisting scripture...
I'm just saying..

Peter Peter Pumpkn eater,
had a wife and couldn't keep her

No I'm not picking on Peter.
We already know he had issues. Still does.
Hugs
I often skip longer posts because I am tired and while it is possible for me to make myself focus, there are too many long posts on this forum to force myself to do them all. This truly was an important reason as to why I took early retirement... because on my job I was pressing and pressing and would have died physically years ago if I had kept it up. But... then I overlooked this post of your. But... then God brought it to my attention what I have just now I read... what you wrote making me sorry I had passed it by earlier.

I especially like the connection about Judas kissing the son. I don't remember ever getting into it before, but I have read others who have taken Psalm 2:12 and changed the word "kissed" in order to try to explain it. I don't recall anyone connecting it to Judas. The underlying message I read in what you wrote is about the left hand of God [even though you did not use that phrase] being where and how Judas was working along with Peter, the other disciples and you and me. If we are in or on the left hand of God at the end, we are it would seem surely and finally dead in every way, but many, I believe, who have worked for the left hand along the way have ended up on His right hand at the end of their course. [King David is probably a good example of this.] Below is a copy of something I wrote a couple of years ago on this forum that is, I believe, pertinent:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy

"And Joseph took them both, Ephraim in his right hand toward Israel's left hand, and Manasseh in his left hand toward Israel's right hand, and brought them near unto him.

And Israel stretched out his right hand, and laid it upon Ephraim's head, who was the younger, and his left hand upon Manasseh's head, guiding his hands wittingly; for Manasseh was the firstborn." Gen 48:13-14

The first born should have had the right hand laid of his head, but notice that Israel wittingly put his right hand on the head of the second born. This simply means that God knows what we are and what we are to be. That is which is expected may be reversed because of circumstances or some special part of God's plan.

"And the priest shall take some of the blood of the trespass offering, and the priest shall put it upon the tip of the right ear of him that is to be cleansed, and upon the thumb of his right hand, and upon the great toe of his right foot:" Lev 14:14

"Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy." Ex 15:6

"And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.

And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them." Deut 33:1-2

So who is this right hand of God or the One at the right hand of God?

"But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God." Acts 7:55-56

"A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left." Ecc 10:2

"And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?" Jonah 4:11

"But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly." Matt 6:3-4

And where or what is the left hand of God?

"And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:" Matt 25:32-34

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:" Matt 25:41

There many other scriptures, especially in the OT regarding the hand of God. The right hand is often specified and is easy to see, while the left hand may not be so clear. The above quoted verses from Matt 25:32-41 are the best ones for seeing what the end results for each is to be. We really do not want to be the left hand of God or end up as one of the goats. God uses goats as He uses sheep, but is it not 100% better to work as a sheep?

Consider that Moses was working from or as the right hand of God, while, Pharaoh was working from or as the left hand of God. God will use whoever makes themselves available to accomplish His work. He did not make Pharaoh a goat. Pharaoh did that to himself and God used that man's choice to accomplish the negative aspects of His plan.

Consider these words of Jesus:

"Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire." Matt 18:7-8

The man by whom the offence comes is the one who put himself in place to do the left hand work of God. How long should a man remain double minded, working first with God [the right hand], but then also at times working for God [the left hand]. We [believers] don't usually [if ever] consciously work for God as his left hand, but He uses that which is available to do that which needs to be done. Sometimes curses are necessary because of what a person did or did not do.

"A double minded man is unstable in all his ways." James 1:8

"Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded." James 4:8

Reactions: Ziggy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's been a little over 2 days since Jesus walked this earth.
But God has been here before the beginning and there will never be an end.

Hos 6:2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

I suppose it depends on how you hear this.. because the next verse that came to mind was:

Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

So here we are day 2.. I feel a spirit of revival coming.. and whether that 3rd day is immediate..
I don't know. I just know a lot of people feeling anxious.

Just thinking..
Hugs
And then...

"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us." Ecc 1:9-10

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy

"And Joseph took them both, Ephraim in his right hand toward Israel's left hand, and Manasseh in his left hand toward Israel's right hand, and brought them near unto him.

And Israel stretched out his right hand, and laid it upon Ephraim's head, who was the younger, and his left hand upon Manasseh's head, guiding his hands wittingly; for Manasseh was the firstborn." Gen 48:13-14

The first born should have had the right hand laid of his head, but notice that Israel wittingly put his right hand on the head of the second born. This simply means that God knows what we are and what we are to be. That is which is expected may be reversed because of circumstances or some special part of God's plan.

"And the priest shall take some of the blood of the trespass offering, and the priest shall put it upon the tip of the right ear of him that is to be cleansed, and upon the thumb of his right hand, and upon the great toe of his right foot:" Lev 14:14

"Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy." Ex 15:6

"And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.

And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them." Deut 33:1-2

"But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God." Acts 7:55-56

"A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left." Ecc 10:2

"And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?" Jonah 4:11

"But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly." Matt 6:3-4

"And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:" Matt 25:32-34

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:" Matt 25:41

There many other scriptures, especially in the OT regarding the hand of God. The right hand is often specified and is easy to see, while the left hand may not be so clear. The above quoted verses from Matt 25:32-41 are the best ones for seeing what the end results for each is to be. We really do not want to be the left hand of God or end up as one of the goats. God uses goats as He uses sheep, but is it not 100% better to work as a sheep?

Consider that Moses was working from or as the right hand of God, while, Pharaoh was working from or as the left hand of God. God will use whoever makes themselves available to accomplish His work. He did not make Pharaoh a goat. Pharaoh did that to himself and God used that man's choice to accomplish the negative aspects of His plan.

"Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire." Matt 18:7-8

The man by whom the offence comes is the one who put himself in place to do the left hand work of God. How long should a man remain double minded, working first with God [the right hand], but then also at times working for God [the left hand]. We [believers] don't usually [if ever] consciously work for God as his left hand, but He uses that which is available to do that which needs to be done. Sometimes curses are necessary because of what a person did or did not do.

"Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded." James 4:8
Something came to mind..
Thy staff and thy rod they comfort me.
Those whom He loves he chastises..

Our God is a merciful God!

Somedays I have issues with every letter written after the Gospels.
Peter, Paul, John..
All judging and condemning, whether Cain or Judas..
That's the beam calling the mote a piece of wood.

I'm not perfect. I have flaws. I make mistakes. I know My God is a forgiving God.
If he can forgive me, Peter, Paul aka Saul then surely there is mercy for Judas and Cain.
Should we be like them? Nooo
They are set forth as examples of what not to do.
But they are CHOSEN to be examples for us.

And who am I to say God has not already set them in His Kingdom, wherever it pleased Him.

God Bless Us
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah Chapter 23 disturbs me.
All about false prophets and God not sending them and yet they ran..

Jer 23:21 I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.

The whole chapter is a Beware chapter..
I just try to keep my eyes open

Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy

And then you have:
If your right hand offend thee cut it off..

That's like the grafting in. If you boast against the branches, be careful unless you get cut off and the original branch gets regrafted in.
Yeah the wild olive branch..
wild..man..

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something came to mind..
Thy staff and thy rod they comfort me.
Those whom He loves he chastises..

Our God is a merciful God!

Somedays I have issues with every letter written after the Gospels.
Peter, Paul, John..
All judging and condemning, whether Cain or Judas..
That's the beam calling the mote a piece of wood.

I'm not perfect. I have flaws. I make mistakes. I know My God is a forgiving God.
If he can forgive me, Peter, Paul aka Saul then surely there is mercy for Judas and Cain.
Should we be like them? Nooo
They are set forth as examples of what not to do.
But they are CHOSEN to be examples for us.

And who am I to say God has not already set them in His Kingdom, wherever it pleased Him.

God Bless Us
Hugs
I remember in my own past events where I have hurt other people by my words or actions. Mostly they were before I was striving to serve God, but some were later. There was one girl I hurt terribly in West Berlin. I needed to apologize to her and make it right, but this need did not come to me until years later when I was back home and she was still some where in West Germany. God smote my heart about it, but contacting her was impossible. I did what I could by confessing before a church group and before God, but although it was 50 years ago I cannot forget. God forgave me, but the memory remains as a reminder of just where He brought me from. Flaws remain and indiscretions and flagrant misdeeds occur still... but He has elevated me from time to time. I do, however, try to return to that lowest room every day and leave it in His hands.

Reactions: Ziggy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Waiting on him What a contrast, right? :)

Makes me think of the quote from C H Spurgeon: "By faith the wilderness becomes the suburbs of heaven."
John 3:29 KJV
[29] He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
Vickie and I were talking today, and another observation of this scripture is that the voice that the Baptist heard was from heaven.

What do you think, I only know of one encounter that John had with Jesus?

@farouk
@amadeus @Ziggy @VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
Vickie and I were talking today, and another observation of this scripture is that the voice that the Baptist heard was from heaven.

What do you think, I only know of one encounter that John had with Jesus?

@farouk
@amadeus @Ziggy @VictoryinJesus

John 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Still say there is a beautiful comfort taking place here in ‘but the friend of the bridegroom, which stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice

John 10:2-4 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. [3] To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. [4] And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Revelation 10:8 And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.

John 3:29 ...this my joy therefore is fulfilled. John 17:12-13 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. [13] And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

John 3:29 ...this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

John 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice

Reactions: Waiting on him

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Still say there is a beautiful comfort taking place here in ‘but the friend of the bridegroom, which stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice

John 10:2-4 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. [3] To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. [4] And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Revelation 10:8 And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.

John 3:29 ...this my joy therefore is fulfilled. John 17:12-13 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. [13] And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

John 3:29 ...this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

John 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice

especially with John 5:36-40 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me. [37] And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. (Luke 3:22 And the Holy Spirit descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.) 38] And ye have not his word abiding (living) in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. [39] Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. [40] And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.​

nor seen his shape.Matthew 3:15-16 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. [16] And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: (Luke 3:22 And the Holy Spirit descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.)

Acts 13:26-27 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent. [27] For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him