• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Instead there is a coveting all the meat and sending away those not able to bear it...

Eze 34: 18-20

Was it not enough for you to graze on the best pasture, that you had to trample the rest of your pastures with your feet? Was it not enough for you to drink the clearest water, that you had to foul the remainder with your feet?

Thus my sheep had to graze on what your feet had trampled and drink what your feet had fouled.

Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Now will I judge between the fat and the lean sheep.

Peace!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The last sentence of your post bothers me.. the thing is, if you’re a child of God, and I believe you are why would you say must eventually.
Does God Father illegitimate children?
That's hardly the point. Every bride becomes a wife, so what do you think will happen to the Bride of Christ? In fact the Bible is very clear about the Lamb's wife. See Revelation 19.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hard to find just dove, sometimes it's turtledove.
don't know the difference.. anywho.. what do you think of this?

Psa 74:18 Remember this, that the enemy hath reproached, O LORD, and that the foolish people have blasphemed thy name.
Psa 74:19 O deliver not the soul of thy turtledove unto the multitude of the wicked: forget not the congregation of thy poor for ever.

I’ve been thinking on those two verses since you posted them yesterday... and I don’t know. o_O

Psalm 74:18 Lexicon: Remember this, O LORD, that the enemy has reviled, And a foolish people has spurned Your name.

Psalm 74:19 Lexicon: Do not deliver the soul of Your turtledove to the wild beast; Do not forget the life of Your afflicted forever.

“ ...David, pouring forth his heart's sorrow to God, compares himself to a turtle-dove" (Psalm 74:19).”

Psalm 74:19 Lexicon: Do not deliver the soul of Your turtledove to the wild beast; Do not forget the life of Your afflicted forever.
Only thought on that one verse was this...Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine,

Matthew 7:1-6 Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. [3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? [4] Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? [5] Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. [6] Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Exodus 22:31 And ye shall be holy men unto me: neither shall ye eat any flesh that is torn of beasts in the field; ye shall cast it to the dogs.

Psalm 74:1-2 O God, why hast thou cast us off for ever? why doth thine anger smoke against the sheep of thy pasture? [2] Remember thy congregation, which thou hast purchased of old; the rod of thine inheritance, which thou hast redeemed; this mount Zion, wherein thou hast dwelt.

Matthew 15:24-28 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. [25] Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. [26] But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. [27] And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. [28] Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Which at the moment only confuses me even more. Curious why you asked about those two verses? What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please see post #94

Well our wedding is different than a human wedding where they have sex and produce children . The wedding of Jesus has been prophesied in the gospels by Jesus Himself. This is mixing apples and oranges.

Jesus prohibition is talking about 2 people. In heaven there will not be individual weddings like on earth and people will not have sex in heaven like on earth. That does not preclude God the Father remarrying Israel and God the Son marrying the church as both are prophesied!

Israel was known as the wife of Jehovah- but that does not mean the same as a man having a wife.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it’s odd that Paul writes prior to writing this the word folly.

Why?

John is just describing the beauty of the New Jerusalem!

Revelation 21:2
King James Version

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

To rewrite this in more modern use of English

I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, come out of heaven form God, arrayed just like a bride is for her husband. both are absolutely correct !

And both focus on the beauty of New Jerusalem not on her being a bride but being as beautiful as a bride!

So Paul was correct in saying the church is the bride of Christ and John is correct in saying New Jerusalem is as beautiful as a bride adorned for her husband.

They are addressing two separate subjects.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve been thinking on those two verses since you posted them yesterday... and I don’t know. o_O

Psalm 74:18 Lexicon: Remember this, O LORD, that the enemy has reviled, And a foolish people has spurned Your name.

“ ...David, pouring forth his heart's sorrow to God, compares himself to a turtle-dove" (Psalm 74:19).”

Only thought on that one verse was this...Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine,

Matthew 7:1-6 Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. [3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? [4] Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? [5] Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. [6] Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Exodus 22:31 And ye shall be holy men unto me: neither shall ye eat any flesh that is torn of beasts in the field; ye shall cast it to the dogs.

Psalm 74:1-2 O God, why hast thou cast us off for ever? why doth thine anger smoke against the sheep of thy pasture? [2] Remember thy congregation, which thou hast purchased of old; the rod of thine inheritance, which thou hast redeemed; this mount Zion, wherein thou hast dwelt.

Matthew 15:24-28 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. [25] Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. [26] But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. [27] And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. [28] Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Which at the moment only confuses me even more. Curious why you asked about those two verses? What are your thoughts?
It made me think of Noah when he released the dove and it came back with an olive branch.
And the next time.. it didn't come back at all.

Gen 8:6 And it came to pass at the end of forty days, that Noah opened the window of the ark which he had made:
Gen 8:7 And he sent forth a raven, which went forth to and fro, until the waters were dried up from off the earth.
Gen 8:8 Also he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of the ground;
Gen 8:9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.
Gen 8:10 And he stayed yet other seven days; and again he sent forth the dove out of the ark;
Gen 8:11 And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.
Gen 8:12 And he stayed yet other seven days; and sent forth the dove; which returned not again unto him any more.

I will probably get slammed again (my airbrained thoughts that is)
nevertheless..

The raven going to and fro... we don't talk about him, he never came back. Either he died or he found a suitable nesting spot somewhere.

The dove he sends out finds nowhere to call home. Returns.

Noah send the dove out again and in the evening she arrives back with an olive branch, suggesting peace. Returns.

He sends the dove one more time never to return.

2 things.. Either the dove found a resting place, or the raven killed it and ate it.

So that brings me to:

Isa 21:11 The burden of Dumah. He calleth to me out of Seir, Watchman, what of the night? Watchman, what of the night?
Isa 21:12 The watchman said, The morning cometh, and also the night: if ye will enquire, enquire ye: return, come.

the nights are long and the days are short inbetween the nights.. where is that??

Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

This with the heat (judgement) of the day, vs the cool (mercy) of the night..

Psa 74:18 Remember this, that the enemy hath reproached, O LORD, and that the foolish people have blasphemed thy name.
Psa 74:19 O deliver not the soul of thy turtledove unto the multitude of the wicked: forget not the congregation of thy poor for ever.

Don't let the wicked raven eat your dove... have mercy..

It was just a ponder thing..
Thank You
Hugs

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why?

John is just describing the beauty of the New Jerusalem!

Revelation 21:2
King James Version

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

To rewrite this in more modern use of English

I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, come out of heaven form God, arrayed just like a bride is for her husband. both are absolutely correct !

And both focus on the beauty of New Jerusalem not on her being a bride but being as beautiful as a bride!

So Paul was correct in saying the church is the bride of Christ and John is correct in saying New Jerusalem is as beautiful as a bride adorned for her husband.

They are addressing two separate subjects.
Revelation 21:9-10 KJV
[9] And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

[10] And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

I don’t see how this could be any clearer, it’s not two separate subjects.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well our wedding is different than a human wedding where they have sex and produce children . The wedding of Jesus has been prophesied in the gospels by Jesus Himself. This is mixing apples and oranges.

Jesus prohibition is talking about 2 people. In heaven there will not be individual weddings like on earth and people will not have sex in heaven like on earth. That does not preclude God the Father remarrying Israel and God the Son marrying the church as both are prophesied!

Israel was known as the wife of Jehovah- but that does not mean the same as a man having a wife.
Are you born of God, if so who is your mother ? Scripture declares it.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She was the same mother/helpmeet for all of Israel, unfortunately they were all still born.

The kinsman Redeemer has changed this. His seed brings life and only His is potent to do so.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She was the same mother/helpmeet for all of Israel, unfortunately they were all still born.

The kinsman Redeemer has changed this. His seed brings life and only His is potent to do so.
Many are still in the flesh and do not spiritually understand the terms... A. Father, B. Mother. C. Bride. and D. Wife.

a bride is not a wife untill she is married, and a father nor a mother is not alway qualified as one's who have children.

nor is a Son, the term, is always a male.... one can be a wife and not a Mother. or one can be husband and not a father.

one can be a father and mother and never have any children, and yet still be a Father and mother. there are quite a few scenarios for these term to be used. depending on context, timing, location, who, where, and in which way the terms are used, and WHY.

just as you said, "The kinsman Redeemer has changed this. His seed brings life and only His is potent to do so". for with CHRIST Jesus all things are possible.

this is a great subject to understand. Good Job W.O.H.

be blessed,

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[9] And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

[10] And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

I seen something...

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

I think I found Elohim..

Jhn 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

I think I found the "Let us" in Genesis!

The lamb is the Husband... ??
And God made 2 great lights. One to rule the day and one to rule the night.
Sun and Moon... There is no more night.. no more sun and moon..
Only the Light.

There is no temple or tabernacle in the City.
God and the Lamb are the temple.

So what is the marriage of the lamb?

Jhn 10:30
I and my Father are one.

hmm..
deep thoughts..
I need coffee
Hugs

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I found the "Let us" in Genesis!
Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

The Ordinal First, (the Lamb), and the Ordinal Last, (the Lord God almight), whih is the same one person, who is diversified.

one more,

scripture, Revelation 22:2 "In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." Revelation 22:3 "And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:" LISTEN CLOSELY, Revelation 22:4 "And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads."

His Face, one Face, not FACE(s), as in three or more, no, but "HIS", ONE and only One Face.

keep on seeking, you're just about there.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The dove he sends out finds nowhere to call home. Returns.

Noah send the dove out again and in the evening she arrives back with an olive branch, suggesting peace. Returns.

He sends the dove one more time never to return.

2 things.. Either the dove found a resting place, or the raven killed it and ate it.

To me, could be wrong, but see the dove sent out not returning again...when it rested on Jesus Christ and remained. yet He said: I go (return) to the Father ...I must go...
John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

“...then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.”

Is Jesus Christ the out stretched hand of God of “and receive you into myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” John 16:14-16 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. [15] All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you. [16] A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

Do not think your thoughts are airbrained
“or the raven killed it and ate it.”
when considering the spirit of this world wants to kill, steal, and destroy...and consume, devour, swallow up, eaten up John 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

The raven going to and fro... we don't talk about him, he never came back. Either he died or he found a suitable nesting spot somewhere.

‘the raven going to and fro’

Psalm 73:4-9 For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm. [5] They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men. [6] Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment. [7] Their eyes stand out with fatness: they have more than heart could wish. [8] They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily. [9] They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth.

odd yeah...what a visual ‘their tongue walks through the earth’ parades about...Job 2:2 And the Lord said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you born of God, if so who is your mother ? Scripture declares it.
Jerusalem above is the mother of us in the church. Not Jesus bride!

21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

But this isd an allegory. For we are born again from the Spirit which is from above! there is no woman in heaven pumping out babiy Christians like crazy!

But answer me this.

Seeing you think the New Jerusalem is th ebride of Christ, you think Jesus marries a city?

REv. 20:

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Do you think the New Jerusalem is decorated in fine linen?

My bible teaches the New Jerusalem is decorated thusly:

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;

20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.

21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

I don't see any linen mentioned here!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So Paul was mistaken when He wrote:

2 Corinthians 11:2
For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

John 3:29
He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Eph. 4:

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Pretty clear to me that the church is the fiancée of Jesus right now!

so based on your statement, Jesus will be a bigamist. Marries the church and a city!

And Jesus doesn't marry the New Jerusalem until right before He returns to earth??

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Please tell me what do you know that all the translators of the Bible into all languages don't? If it is so clear why doesn"t one English translation AFAIK write it and itself instead of her?

or could it just be that in that final vision:

21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;

20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.

21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

do you think it could possible be that John first describes teh city that is as beautiful as a bride who gets all decked out for her wedding day, in verses 10-22 and then john sees the lambs bride in verses 24-26?

If this was the only verse that describes who is the lambs bride- then I would agree with you 100% (at one time I did). but given that all teh other verses about teh Lambs bride refer to person or people (including the parables in Matt. ) then we should conclude that the new jerusalem is as beautiful as a bride, but teh bride are the saved within!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jerusalem above is the mother of us in the church. Not Jesus bride!

21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

But this isd an allegory. For we are born again from the Spirit which is from above! there is no woman in heaven pumping out babiy Christians like crazy!

But answer me this.

Seeing you think the New Jerusalem is th ebride of Christ, you think Jesus marries a city?

REv. 20:

Do you think the New Jerusalem is decorated in fine linen?

My bible teaches the New Jerusalem is decorated thusly:

I don't see any linen mentioned here!
Apparently they have some big oysters in heaven.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Paul was mistaken when He wrote:

For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
This is Paul petition for them to not receive another gospel.
John 3:29
He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
Yes amazingly the Baptist witnessed Jesus receiving the bride.
Eph. 4:

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Patterns on earth mirroring what’s taking place in heaven.
32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
Paul says it is given to us to know all mysteries.
33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
Understood. This manifests Christ.

Pretty clear to me that the church is the fiancée of Jesus right now!
Then God has birthed His children out of wedlock.

so based on your statement, Jesus will be a bigamist. Marries the church and a city!
Based on yours He practices polygamy.

And Jesus doesn't marry the New Jerusalem until right before He returns to earth??
He entered in.

He entered in.

Yes, she is glorified of her children they rise up and call her blessed.

9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
This is a truthful saying.

10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
Yes and we know a testament has no power till the testator is dead.

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Please tell me what do you know that all the translators of the Bible into all languages don't? If it is so clear why doesn"t one English translation AFAIK write it and itself instead of her?

or could it just be that in that final vision:

21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Amen, for those that are in Christ are a new creation and all this have become new.

The Baptist witnessed this also.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

yes He has made His abode with me.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Heaven and has passed away, He said it would be easy.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
How many time do you believe He makes the new things new?

6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
How many times must He say it is finished, before you agree?

7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
I am a child of God.
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Are you afraid?
9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
Get ready She’s about to be declared.
If you missed it I’m sorry.

22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

do you think it could possible be that John first describes teh city that is as beautiful as a bride who gets all decked out for her wedding day, in verses 10-22 and then john sees the lambs bride in verses 24-26?

If this was the only verse that describes who is the lambs bride- then I would agree with you 100% (at one time I did). but given that all teh other verses about teh Lambs bride refer to person or people (including the parables in Matt. ) then we should conclude that the new jerusalem is as beautiful as a bride, but teh bride are the saved within!

well, we are one with Him.