• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Blank? Did you forget?

well, we are one with Him.

Yes we are! but does all these things calling the

church the bride of Christ mistakes because actually a city is the bride?

Apparently they have some big oysters in heaven.

Maybe John was mistaken and they were the cities teeth all nice and shiny??? I thinkGod can make a pearl without an oyster if He chooses to.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blank? Did you forget?

Yes we are! but does all these things calling the

church the bride of Christ mistakes because actually a city is the bride?

Maybe John was mistaken and they were the cities teeth all nice and shiny??? I thinkGod can make a pearl without an oyster if He chooses to.
I hear what your saying, God is a polygamist that Marries His children

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So far I have
Paul says I’ve espoused you to one husband.
A lot of imagery of the bride in revelation, where God says the bride is the Holy City Jerusalem.
And that I should love my wife as Jesus loved the church.

does anyone have anything to add?

Oh , and something about Jesus marrying a man.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another question I have.

I am justified washed in the blood of Christ He in me and I in Him. How in the world could I be an awaiting bride?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe the people of God consist of the body of Christ, the combined chosen of Israel (in Moshiach), and the 144,000 taken from the chosen who are called the bride of Christ. Those who have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb.
I believe we are at the end of the church age and it is becoming known that the church has consisted of the body of Christ (the ingrafted) and many of the scattered sheep of the lost ten tribes of the house of Israel. I'm sure some of Judah and Benjamin are also in there.
God also made promises to Ishmael. Hmmm. ?? I do know God's thoughts are higher than ours. Good thing!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the people of God consist of the body of Christ, the combined chosen of Israel (in Moshiach), and the 144,000 taken from the chosen who are called the bride of Christ. Those who have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb.
I believe we are at the end of the church age and it is becoming known that the church has consisted of the body of Christ (the ingrafted) and many of the scattered sheep of the lost ten tribes of the house of Israel. I'm sure some of Judah and Benjamin are also in there.
God also made promises to Ishmael. Hmmm. ?? I do know God's thoughts are higher than ours. Good thing!
Welcome back.

Reactions: Truman

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little confused here, almost every Christian I encounter says we are the bride of Christ. Why is this, and please any scripture that supports this message is greatly appreciated.
The "Church" is a mess, being kind. God is going to clean it up soon! It ain't gonna be pretty.
1 Peter 4:17 (NKJV)
17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Reactions: Truther

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Only thing I can come up with is that God married Israel and divorced her. Now He's coming back 4 a pure bride and not the whore

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only thing I can come up with is that God married Israel and divorced her. Now He's coming back 4 a pure bride and not the whore
Excuse me, but last time I checked I was a direct-line, son of Levi, attached to the exiled house of Israel who has been justified, is being sanctified, and will one day be glorified, through the atonement of Yeshua Ha Mashiach on the cross. He has used me to facilitate leading His people into His presence, He has commissioned me prophet-apostle, He has chose me to be martyred, He has picked me as one of the 144,000 and He loves me without hesitation. And He is well-pleased with me. Sinner, yes. But whore?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So far I have
Paul says I’ve espoused you to one husband.
A lot of imagery of the bride in revelation, where God says the bride is the Holy City Jerusalem.
And that I should love my wife as Jesus loved the church.

does anyone have anything to add?

Oh , and something about Jesus marrying a man.

Well yes you do have a problem then.

Oddly the word bride isn’t found in any of the epistles.

coincidence?

Simply because the church has not married the Lord yet. that occurs in

Rev. 19:

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Until the church says the "I do" we are still His espoused!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well yes you do have a problem then.

Ok, go with that.

Simply because the church has not married the Lord yet. that occurs in

Rev. 19:

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Until the church says the "I do" we are still His espoused!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like in all the epistles at least one writer would have referenced the church as the bride of Christ, if that is the case.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why is the church claim that the holy city descending a future event, when others have already witnessed it?
Be careful with time. Man is so bound by it, he can scarcely conceive that it shall be no more... but see:

"And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:" Rev 10:6

When did God presuming He is timeless speak the Word of God? Before the foundation of the world? When and what were they, the foundation and the world that is?