The Catholic Church gets put down a lot, but it was all that could help

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
[removed]

I've reported this so let's hope you get banned for trying to solicit members away from this forum. And you think that more inculcation is going to help anybody? Oh silly me I guess you do, seeing as though you are inculcated.

Reactions: Born_Again
Jan 11, 2016
StanJ said:
You don't know the Bible at all if you don't understand this. Are you a seminarian or priest? Do you only read The New American Bible? Do you think ignoring what I said in my post is supposed to show that you actually know the Bible? The RCC didn't even exist when the Bible was brought into existence.
I ask living people to pray for me not dead people and you're ignoring the issue. Typically you deflect and obfuscate in your usual sanctimonious way.
Here's a thought maybe you should actually make a point instead of trying to sound like you actually know something?
Those in Christ who have left their physical body are more alive than you or I.

And Christ has one body, not one on earth and one in heaven.

Please don't try to break up His body anymore as the reformation has already done enough of that with 33,000 denominations.

Jan 11, 2016
StanJ said:
[removed]

I've reported this so let's hope you get banned for trying to solicit members away from this forum. And you think that more inculcation is going to help anybody? Oh silly me I guess you do, seeing as though you are inculcated.

Oh believe me..[removed] is very high traffic and doesn't need me to pitch for them.

I do not like how Catholics are so rudely received in protestant forums. Especially folks like the OP who came here with a olive branch just sharing their testimony

This abrasive behavior and the "you're blind" or you're "pagan religion" comments should be beneath Christians and be beneath mature adults. So Catholics should probably go elsewhere if they want fruitful discussion.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Veni_Creator_Spiritus said:
Please don't try to break up His body anymore as the reformation has already done enough of that with 33,000 denominations.
Funny because that's not what the Bible says. Paul called them the 'dead in Christ'. Of course you seem to willingly mix up your metaphors whenever it suits you. The body of Christ is a physical body not a spiritual body. Paul clearly demonstrates this in 1st Corinthians 12.
Sounds like you've never read it?

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I do not like how Catholics are so rudely received in protestant forums. Especially folks like the OP who came here with a olive branch just sharing their testimony

This abrasive behavior and the "you're blind" or you're "pagan religion" comments should be beneath Christians and be beneath mature adults. So Catholics should probably go elsewhere if they want fruitful discussion.
Well when most of them come in with a chip on their shoulder, like you, saying that they belong to the only true Church of Jesus Christ, what exactly do you expect?
Plus when you're given scripture that refutes what you actually claim and then ignore those scriptures and just go on with your own rhetoric, it conveys more of the same, a total disregard for anybody not in the RCC.

There may be Papal Authority on the word of God in the RCC, but that does not extend to the rest of the body of Christ, yes, the rest of the body of Christ.
As usual all you do is complain and not actually present anything from scripture that actually supports your opinions.
If you really believe that the RCC is the only true church of Christ, then why would you go into a Protestant Forum, as you call them, that is not of the True Church of Christ?
Believe me, with your attitude, it's probably best that you do go to a forum that is for RCs and stay away from forums that are open to all Christians in all denominations.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a classic example of the problem with fundamentalism.

Did Jesus sin?

Do babies sin?

Do retarded people sin?

If I am about to fall into a nasty puddle of mud, then you swoop in and save me from it, you are my "savior" (so to speak), even though I never actually got dirty.

Now read Psalm 14 which is what Paul quotes in Romans 3. In particular pay attention to verse 1 and 4. Notice something there? just a failure to take the whole Word of God together when interpreting Scripture.
Of course Jesus did not sin, because the Bible says He did not. (John 14:30 KJV)
Of course, babies and all others who are unaware that they have sinned are not guilty in God's sight. (Acts 17:30 KJV)
Of course, Mary sinned b/c she condemns herself as a sinner by referring to God as "MY Savior". (Luke 1:47 KJV)

Why is Fundamentalism is a good thing when the subject is the fundamentals of medicine, or automotive tech, or the practice of law, but a BAD thing when it comes to religion? Because Protestant Fundamentalism at its core is truth which EXPOSES the lies of the devil.

This took place at the 1999 Interfaith Meeting - “The Pontiff told the assembled Buddhist monks, Zoroastrian (SUN WORSHIP) priests, Catholic cardinals, Hindu gurus, American Indian Shamen, Jewish Rabbis, and ecumenical clergy that all must join in condemning the Christian fundamentalists who abuse speech and whose efforts at converting others incite hatred and violence...They must be denounced as dangerous extremists full of hate.”

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
And according to one of the top exorcists in Rome, the blessed Mother is the most powerful intercessor of all.

Doesn't surprise me one bit as she is a enemy of Satan
refreshing to hear something in favor of Catholicism. Are you Catholic?

I am Catholic but with reservations, i guess u would say. I don't like certain things going on in the catholic church. if it was just a priest here and there or a bishop, that would be one thing. but there is a lot of... uncharitable stuff going on that does not please Jesus..

have u noticed that(assuming you are catholic)?

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
Phoneman777 said:
Of course, Mary sinned b/c she condemns herself as a sinner by referring to God as "MY Savior". (Luke 1:47 KJV)

hate.”
Not

as to Luke 1:47, Mary was saved before conception. Yes, God can do such things.. I know it's hard to believe (for anti-catholics), but it's true.. (not saying you are anticatholic...)

The Church Christ founded teaches that Mary was conceived in the womb of her mother w/o original sin. Why is that so hard to believe? She had to be without original sin in order to carry GOD in her womb. God, as it says in one part of the Old T "is too pure to look upon [much less live within] sin"

therefore, Mary HAD TO BE conceived w/ o original sin.. which is not hard to u/stand when u realize t hat Adam and Eve... same thing: created w/o original sin

:popcorn:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hatedbyall said:
Not

as to Luke 1:47, Mary was saved before conception. Yes, God can do such things.. I know it's hard to believe (for anti-catholics), but it's true.. (not saying you are anticatholic...)

The Church Christ founded teaches that Mary was conceived in the womb of her mother w/o original sin. Why is that so hard to believe? She had to be without original sin in order to carry GOD in her womb. God, as it says in one part of the Old T "is too pure to look upon [much less live within] sin"

therefore, Mary HAD TO BE conceived w/ o original sin.. which is not hard to u/stand when u realize t hat Adam and Eve... same thing: created w/o original sin

:popcorn:
I'm well aware that Catholicism teaches the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception. What I'd like is for you to provide me with a Scripture to support such a teaching. As you and I already know, there is none. What the Catholic church DOES HAVE is "signs, wonders, and miracles" like statues that weep olive oil that is lab tested to be more pure than can be produced by any methods of extraction known today, stigmatas, flower petals that fall from the sky with "mother and child" images GROWN INTO THE PETAL FIBERS, etc. These supernatural manifestations are not from God, but from Satan as an attempt to establish legitimacy for RCC dogmas which are no where found or supported by Scripture. Begin praying for the Holy Spirit to reveal to you whether what I'm sharing with you is true, but you must first be willing to follow where ever He leads you, be it a fiery chariot of fiery furnace, friend.

Reactions: Born_Again

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
hatedbyall said:
Not

Another example of the Dogma Catholicism rather than biblical Doctrine. The Bible teaches know where that Mary was sinless nor that she was born sinless. Gabriel said to Mary "you are highly favored", not you're sinless. He also said "do not be afraid for you have found favor with God". Favor is not synonymous with sinlessness. The Bible says "all men have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." The church Christ founded, was based on the confession of Peter recognizing Jesus as God and Messiah. Jesus said based on Peter's confession he would establish his church, which is exactly what he did. His church is not the RCC. His church is every person that has confessed him as Savior and obeys his written word. His church does NOT add to His written word and it definitely does not have any other mediator but Jesus Christ. As your church does all of this, then I would have to say that your church is not part of THE Church/Body of Christ. I'm sure there are very many Catholics that are Christians but they don't believe nor follow the teachings of the RCC.
It's time to choose, will you follow Jesus or follow the RCC?

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
The Catholic Church does a lot of good in the world, missions in Africa and other places. And I love the RC Church's teaching on the sanctity of human life. No other church teaches that abortion is always wrong, always murder regardless of how the child is conceived. Some say if the child's father is a rapist, the child should die. Well, by that logic, we would all be held accountable for what our parents do.

I like how Ted Cruz has always held that human life should be protected and no exception for rape/incest. All the other candidates have been squishy on this, which is why I never wanted anyone but Cruz, once I learned this.

anyway, there are problems in any church. But when the doctrines get all haywire, as has happened in the JWs &others.. then something is so wrong, you need to stay away. And I could say more, but I could write a book on all that is on my mind on this topic

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll just ignore the petty insults as I know the bible very well. It's a catholic book, btw.

So you never ask anybody to pray for you then?

What a shame.

Here's a thought, maybe that verse doesn't mean what you think it means.
Perhaps you may consider the same?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Catholicism cannot trace it's roots to Christ for two reason:
  1. The ROCK upon which Jesus said He would establish His church was not "Petros", the "small, unstable pebble" who constantly suffered from foot-in-mouth disease, but the "Petra", the confession that "Petros" made when Jesus asked him who He was - that Jesus Christ was the Son of the living God.
  2. Jesus transfer of the "keys" has nothing to do with granting a sinful man the authority to either grant or deny salvation, which power Matthew 28:18 KJV ascribes to Jesus alone and in Revelation 3:7 KJV He Himself declares that He has not relinquished it. The "keys" which Jesus handed Peter have to do with "binding and loosing" in the context of the authority of the church over temporal matters, not the eternal, as shown above. Moreover, this authority is not autonomous as is taught by blind Papal authorities leading equally blind Catholic laity, but was ever to be based on the unquestionable, preeminent authority of the Word of God. Only then would any earthly decisions receive a heavenly stamp of approval.
The twisted logic of the preeminence of Papal authority has led to such blasphemous statements as this from the handbook of priests, "Dignities and Duties of the Priest":

"And God Himself is obliged to abide by the judgment of His priests, and either not to pardon or to pardon, according as they refuse or give absolution...The sentence of the priest precedes, and God subscribes to it."

No wonder the Reformation, which you claim is responsible for the schism in Christianity, identified the Papacy as the Antichrist of prophecy, to which I stand in firm agreement.

Jan 11, 2016
StanJ said:
You don't know the Bible at all if you don't understand this. Are you a seminarian or priest? Do you only read The New American Bible? Do you think ignoring what I said in my post is supposed to show that you actually know the Bible? The RCC didn't even exist when the Bible was brought into existence.
I ask living people to pray for me not dead people and you're ignoring the issue. Typically you deflect and obfuscate in your usual sanctimonious way.
Here's a thought maybe you should actually make a point instead of trying to sound like you actually know something?
The apostolic Church, which was Catholic then and still is now, existed and gave you the bible.

You are welcome

Jan 11, 2016
Phoneman777 said:
Catholicism cannot trace it's roots to Christ for two reason:
  1. The ROCK upon which Jesus said He would establish His church was not "Petros", the "small, unstable pebble" who constantly suffered from foot-in-mouth disease, but the "Petra", the confession that "Petros" made when Jesus asked him who He was - that Jesus Christ was the Son of the living God.
  2. Jesus transfer of the "keys" has nothing to do with granting a sinful man the authority to either grant or deny salvation, which power Matthew 28:18 KJV ascribes to Jesus alone and in Revelation 3:7 KJV He Himself declares that He has not relinquished it. The "keys" which Jesus handed Peter have to do with "binding and loosing" in the context of the authority of the church over temporal matters, not the eternal, as shown above. Moreover, this authority is not autonomous as is taught by blind Papal authorities leading equally blind Catholic laity, but was ever to be based on the unquestionable, preeminent authority of the Word of God. Only then would any earthly decisions receive a heavenly stamp of approval.
The twisted logic of the preeminence of Papal authority has led to such blasphemous statements as this from the handbook of priests, "Dignities and Duties of the Priest":

"And God Himself is obliged to abide by the judgment of His priests, and either not to pardon or to pardon, according as they refuse or give absolution...The sentence of the priest precedes, and God subscribes to it."

No wonder the Reformation, which you claim is responsible for the schism in Christianity, identified the Papacy as the Antichrist of prophecy, to which I stand in firm agreement.
Most protestant scholars, the good ones, don't even hold to petras/petros argument any longer.

Of course Jesus is not going to call Peter by a feminine name.

Objective, fluent Spanish speakers know what I am saying. But probably wont be admitted to on this forum.

God bless

Jan 11, 2016
Born_Again said:
Perhaps you may consider the same?
I can and am wrong at times....many times per day according to my wife :(

The Church, the pillar and foundation of the Truth (1 Tim 3:15) is not wrong.

The Church needed to be trustworthy and competent in order to give us the proper scriptures and sort out the many disputes in the early church.

God bless

Jan 11, 2016
ScaliaFan said:
The Catholic Church does a lot of good in the world, missions in Africa and other places. And I love the RC Church's teaching on the sanctity of human life. No other church teaches that abortion is always wrong, always murder regardless of how the child is conceived. Some say if the child's father is a rapist, the child should die. Well, by that logic, we would all be held accountable for what our parents do.

I like how Ted Cruz has always held that human life should be protected and no exception for rape/incest. All the other candidates have been squishy on this, which is why I never wanted anyone but Cruz, once I learned this.

anyway, there are problems in any church. But when the doctrines get all haywire, as has happened in the JWs &others.. then something is so wrong, you need to stay away. And I could say more, but I could write a book on all that is on my mind on this topic
See, many could learn a lesson in humility and the fruit of the Spirit from this poster.

I don't agree with the Baptists(as a example) on much theologically, but freely admit how much I admire their diligence in matters of morality.

Often times protesters outside abortion clinics are Catholics and Baptists fighting for the same cause. At the end of the day we disagree on theology but unite in love for our Lord. (John 17)

Jan 11, 2016
StanJ said:
Funny because that's not what the Bible says. Paul called them the 'dead in Christ'. Of course you seem to willingly mix up your metaphors whenever it suits you. The body of Christ is a physical body not a spiritual body. Paul clearly demonstrates this in 1st Corinthians 12.
Sounds like you've never read it?
Sir, I find you to be extremely rude and abrasive and so rather then leave this site, or get down into a mudslinging battle with you, I will answer this post for the benefit of readers and then place you on ignore.

Sola scriptura leads to selective scriptura.

You might want to read the passages that clearly point towards a VISIBLE and authoritative church like Matthew 18:17. Just that passage in and of itself makes no sense if Jesus only intended a abstract body of believers.

Have a nice day and good bye.

P.S don't forget to report all my new posts as you seem to receive some gratification from doing that.

Jan 11, 2016
Phoneman777 said:
Of course Jesus did not sin, because the Bible says He did not. (John 14:30 KJV)
Of course, babies and all others who are unaware that they have sinned are not guilty in God's sight. (Acts 17:30 KJV)

Why is Fundamentalism is a good thing when the subject is the fundamentals of medicine, or automotive tech, or the practice of law, but a BAD thing when it comes to religion? Because Protestant Fundamentalism at its core is truth which EXPOSES the lies of the devil.

This took place at the 1999 Interfaith Meeting - “The Pontiff told the assembled Buddhist monks, Zoroastrian (SUN WORSHIP) priests, Catholic cardinals, Hindu gurus, American Indian Shamen, Jewish Rabbis, and ecumenical clergy that all must join in condemning the Christian fundamentalists who abuse speech and whose efforts at converting others incite hatred and violence...They must be denounced as dangerous extremists full of hate.”
Brother, do you have eyes?

Not a trick question or sarcastic question...do you have eyes?

I'm assuming you have't plucked them out when they cause you to sin?

Jesus does at times use hyperbole to hammer home strong points.

Not everything is to be taken literal and as I pointed out earlier, there are usually exceptions to the rule.

God bless you

Jan 11, 2016
hatedbyall said:
refreshing to hear something in favor of Catholicism. Are you Catholic?

I am Catholic but with reservations, i guess u would say. I don't like certain things going on in the catholic church. if it was just a priest here and there or a bishop, that would be one thing. but there is a lot of... uncharitable stuff going on that does not please Jesus..

have u noticed that(assuming you are catholic)?
Yes, newer Catholic as I was protestant(non denom) for a long time.

Yes, the Church has problems for certain.

One of the main problems is homosexuality within the priesthood. Many priests are dying of AIDS, some actually living with their boyfriends. They come into the priesthood with homosexual attraction and are not properly vetted. Because if they admit to being homosexual they will not be ordained. So they deceive in order to become a priest. Personally i don't care about people's sexual preference, but woe to anyone who causes other's to stumble in their walk with Christ. And often times that is what they are doing as men of the cloth.

And I wish the Pontiff would stay out of political matters. Like calling out Trump for wanting a walled off border when the Vatican has walls of it's own.

There are others but those are most bothersome.

But we know the Church won't fall apart because Jesus said it would not in Matthew 16. If it's doctrine or dogma, we can trust in it.

God bless

Status
Not open for further replies.