The chat room

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We don't have a chat room only the chat box at the top of the main page. The chat rooms weren't being utilized as much as you would expect them to so they were removed from this forum. :)

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The only times I've seen the chat rooms used was when Angelina did a prayer group. I don't see a point to them unless we have organized events.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
lforrest said:
The only times I've seen the chat rooms used was when Angelina did a prayer group. I don't see a point to them unless we have organized events.
A prayer group...how wonderful.

And we could have a church for shut-ins kind of thing, maybe...regular get-togethers where we could get to know each other a little bit better.

But I think it would be a shame to limit chat to organized events. Chat, it seems to me, ought to be spontaneous, and fun!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Thing is, it's boring to sit in the chat room waiting for someone to join you.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the time I have been here, it was only used a couple times.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It didn't get much use I'm afraid but we did have an awesome prayer time once a week and we would have some awesome conversations. Most members however, seemed to gravitate more towards the eschatology/debate forums because they came here specifically for that ~ last days events and debates.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angelina said:
It didn't get much use I'm afraid but we did have an awesome prayer time once a week and we would have some awesome conversations. Most members however, seemed to gravitate more towards the eschatology/debate forums because they came here specifically for that ~ last days events and debates.
This is true. I think we would need a little more sense of community on here for a chat room to be successful.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Born_Again said:
This is true. I think we would need a little more sense of community on here for a chat room to be successful.
I was on a site where it was against chat room rules to debate or take about threads. It was strictly for fellowship or prayer. It did have separate rooms for men, women, old and young, but it was a big site.