Friendly Bible Study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am remided of something that the Lord said to me one time, He said can a sigh be a prayer? And I started thinking no because the power of life and death are in the tongue, and we have not because we ask not. So prolly not. He inturupted me before I could respond and said, of course it can because I look at the heart and none is so heartfelt by man than a sigh.../

Okay then, learn something new every day!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It worked for me! When I saw in my rearview mirror that I was losing consciousness, I said, Lord be with me. And a more fervant prayer I had never made! He answered and saved me! Glory to God !!
That was a dire moment of desperation and a real shout out for life for sure...you are blessed!

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Dear friends,

Who among you has a calling to intercessory prayer?

I have just learned tonight of a rare medical situation in the family which demands a tough decision.

As it is a private matter, please PM me for details.
Did you get any responses Carl, hope so xxx
I pray but I can’t say that I have a calling for intercession prayer if you are seeking guidance as such.
Really pray that you will know the right decision to make xxxxxx

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Did you get any responses Carl, hope so xxx
I pray but I can’t say that I have a calling for intercession prayer if you are seeking guidance as such.
Really pray that you will know the right decision to make xxxxxx

Yes, good response thanks, your prayer is appreciated.

Can I PM you some detail ??

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Dear Friends,

Just for clarity, I will kick off study 2 early next week.

Great testimonies Praise Jesus.

I had a free video call with one of our members, it was a great blessing. (and not hard to set up)

Meantime I will present Scriptures for Study 2 in written text form as before.

You will guess that I feel many believers have been robbed of a fruitful walk with Him due to poor teaching that claims to be biblical.

I well remember when a couple I introduced to Jesus joined a church and lost their new found joy by subtly thinking the word of the preacher must be considered superior to their own inner witness, so losing touch with Jesus within. Finally they asked who were the elders that they should be accountable to, and it became evident that there was no agreement on who the elders were. On this basis they felt released from the fellowship. Right at that time I visited them and they repented of substituting His Word within for what they were hearing and their joy returned. They ended up having a very fruitful service to the Lord, planting several home churches in Germany.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Friends,

Just for clarity, I will kick off study 2 early next week.

Great testimonies Praise Jesus.

I had a free video call with one of our members, it was a great blessing. (and not hard to set up)

Meantime I will present Scriptures for Study 2 in written text form as before.

You will guess that I feel many believers have been robbed of a fruitful walk with Him due to poor teaching that claims to be biblical.

I well remember when a couple I introduced to Jesus joined a church and lost their new found joy by subtly thinking the word of the preacher must be considered superior to their own inner witness, so losing touch with Jesus within. Finally they asked who were the elders that they should be accountable to, and it became evident that there was no agreement on who the elders were. On this basis they felt released from the fellowship. Right at that time I visited them and they repented of substituting His Word within for what they were hearing and their joy returned. They ended up having a very fruitful service to the Lord, planting several home churches in Germany.
Yes, our salvation walk is ultimately dependent on our personal relationship with Christ rather that depending on church organizations and their leaders, who many times, preach the legalistic party doctrine. They emphasize the importance of following specific rules, laws, and regulations in order to achieve salvation or a closer relationship with God. It detracts and can be a real hindrance from growing into the true life in Christ.

Reactions: amadeus and Pearl

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes - years back I had a 'God dream' of a great throng believers walking in the same direction and I was walking with them. Overhead was the singing of angels - indescribable amazing music. Then I noticed on each side of the moving throng were Christian leaders, standing, encouraging and indicating - 'This is the way' - but the Lord was showing me, and I knew deep inside that they did not know the way or walked with the throng. Then I looked ahead wondering where was the destination ? Sure enough in the far distance was the Cross, those moving with the Lord were dying daily with a focus on the Cross. (Gal 2:20, 1 Cor 15:31) Evidence of this fact is that this central truth of total surrender and submission is rarely preached, yet Paul was determined that the message of the Cross would be the focus of his ministry.
For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. Matt 16.25
I had one confirming word when I started this Bible Study, I saw a broken egg in my hand, I prayed for a couple of weeks about this wondering about the meaning, now I know it indicates that my life giving offering comes from brokenness and redemption in life.
I distinctly remember back in the 70's when a friend and I concluded that we needed to pray for brokenness, were discouraged by our mentors - it was considered a dangerous prayer.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Carl Emerson Your post reminded me of a God dream I had. It was of my church's then leader steering the church with his hands on an old type ship's wheel. And God showed me that His own hands needed to be on the wheel steering the church. I shared this dream with our leader and he was gone within weeks.

I was also inspired to write a poem likening our church to a sailing vessel.

HMS CHURCH

We’re going on a voyage
To find new souls for our King;
A journey of discovery,
Who knows what it may bring?

Our ship must be a cutter,
Not a liner on a cruise.
It will not carry passengers,
But will need a well-trained crew.

Our ship must be made ready;
The limpets all removed,
Her hull may need re-caulking;
Sea-worthiness be proved.

Our sails will need re-setting,
To catch every little breeze;
And the nets will need repairing,
So let’s get down on our knees.

Our ship must be provisioned;
Bring on board the wine and bread;
Fill the casks with living water,
For we’ll need to be well fed.

At last, when all is ready,
We will cast off from our berth
And put out to open waters
Amidst cries of joy and mirth.

We’ll begin our epic voyage
To fish for men – at his command.
His breath will fill our sails
And we’ll be guided by his hand.

If we pass through troubled waters,
Fear not, please keep calm,
For our Master and Commander
Will keep us from all harm.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes - years back I had a 'God dream' of a great throng believers walking in the same direction and I was walking with them. Overhead was the singing of angels - indescribable amazing music. Then I noticed on each side of the moving throng were Christian leaders, standing, encouraging and indicating - 'This is the way' - but the Lord was showing me, and I knew deep inside that they did not know the way or walked with the throng. Then I looked ahead wondering where was the destination ? Sure enough in the far distance was the Cross, those moving with the Lord were dying daily with a focus on the Cross. (Gal 2:20, 1 Cor 15:31) Evidence of this fact is that this central truth of total surrender and submission is rarely preached, yet Paul was determined that the message of the Cross would be the focus of his message.
For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. Matt 16.25
I have one confirming word when I started this Bible Study, I saw a broken egg in my hand, I prayed for a couple of weeks about this wondering about the meaning, now I know it indicates that my life giving offering comes from brokenness and redemption in life.
Right on brother Carl. This is the core focus in our walk of life; many broken into humility and openness of heart, go to the Cross, daily.

Reactions: Pearl and amadeus

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@Carl Emerson Your post reminded me of a God dream I had. It was of my church's then leader steering the church with his hands on an old type ship's wheel. And God showed me that His own hands needed to be on the wheel steering the church. I shared this dream with our leader and he was gone within weeks.

HMS CHURCH

We’re going on a voyage
A journey of discovery,

Not a liner on a cruise.

The limpets all removed,

Yes - beautiful...

Warmed my heart as I read... (I think I read about that some where... :) )

Last edited:

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

HMS CHURCH

We’re going on a voyage
A journey of discovery,

Not a liner on a cruise.

The limpets all removed,

Oh wow, I had a God dream back in 2020, during covid, where my church was like a cruise ship. There were two sides of the ship, which mirrored each other. A first level, which was the sanctuary, with pews, and the church stage. The other half mirrored this. As well, there was an "upper room" area, which was the balcony, also mirrored on the other side. I was on the first level, but felt my place was on the balcony. The balcony of my church is where I sit and run the sound system, and now, the live stream equipment. In the dream, I made my way up to the balcony, however, someone else was behind the booth, who wasn't suppose to be there. The church/ship started rocking. Then the "owner" of the ship appeared, and removed the person from behind the booth. The "owner" then looked at me and frowned, because I was the one that was suppose to be behind the booth. However, I had let someone else take my place. The dream ended there. The owner I took as Jesus, in the dream, as it is his church.

At the time of this dream, our church had gotten funds to setup live streaming of our Sunday service, since churches were closed due to Covid. The amount of money our church was given, was very large for the type of equipment we could get. The pastor at the time, wanted to get an elaborate system. God, giving me His wisdom, helped me to guide us to go with a setup, which would be easy to use by a teenager, and as well as one of the elder ladies, who ran the projection system. As well, not as expensive, even though we had the funds. As I knew the workers were few, and training others needed to be of ease with the setup we would decide on. God also gave me a vision of how live streaming our services would be reached to other people, not just in our city, but around the world. At first, we ran the live stream from the sanctuary, and I would sit at the front to run it, while a brother ran the sound from the balcony. After our pastor retired, God gave me wisdom, that I could setup the live streaming equipment from the balcony, and run both the sound and live stream myself. After being allowed to go ahead with it, we made it the official setup.

I was recently thinking of this dream, as I thought God had given it to me for the current events taking place in 2020. However, the "mirror" of the ship, made me think of how there are things on earth which mirror the heavenly realm. Its something I'll have to revisit with God, along with where He is leading me, in my position at church.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wow it's amazing how God steers us through God dreams. I've had quite a few, some personal and some for sharing with church. Also I used to sit on the tech desk and run the projection system.

Reactions: Angelina and Azim