The Chosen - Godly Truth or Dangerous Fiction?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is the spirit of madness in The Chosen?
Please don’t reply with what you have already stated.
No....I might disagree with some of the series content but I am yet to see or hear about any major doctrinal issues. I'll keep my ear to the ground.
F2F

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So no doctinal issues then.

In 15 minutes of viewing time, no doctrinal issues for me.

I pointed out that several reviewers have asserted that there are doctrinal issues for them, and that still others have asserted that when it comes to doctrine we’re - intentionally - being given very little in order to appeal to as many people as possible.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No....I might disagree with some of the series content but I am yet to see or hear about any major doctrinal issues. I'll keep my ear to the ground.
F2F

So the spirit of madness is everywhere but not everywhere.

I haven’t read any reviews of the program which speak in terms of the spirit of madness in The Chosen, though several have mentioned that demonic possession is presented - which one might consider to be the spirit of madness.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I don’t know if it matters to anyone or not but all of the reviews I’ve read so far which assert that there are problems with doctrinal issues in The Chosen have been authored by trinitarians.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The spirit of madness is everywhere but not everywhere.

I haven’t read any reviews of the program which speak in terms of the spirit of madness in The Chosen, though several have mentioned that demonic possession is presented - which one might consider to be the spirit of madness.
I'm going to assume your understanding of demonic possession is like those in the first century. The truth is far more logical and sensible. The spirit of madness is humanism...like frogs crocking in the night! Don't push the responsibility to some make believe supernatural being. It doesnt exist!
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don’t know if it matters to anyone or not but all of the reviews I’ve read so far which assert that there are problems with doctrinal issues in The Chosen have been authored by trinitarians.
If so, I would certainly have issue with that!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If so, I would certainly have issue with that!

To the best of my knowledge, all of the reviews of The Chosen I’ve quoted and documented have come from Protestant reviewers. Here is one from a Catholic reviewer. I think the title of the review is sufficient and therefore won’t take the time to provide an excerpt from it.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I'm going to assume your understanding of demonic possession is like those in the first century. The truth is far more logical and sensible. The spirit of madness is humanism...like frogs crocking in the night! Don't push the responsibility to some make believe supernatural being. It doesnt exist!
F2F

Would you by chance happen to be a Christadelphian? I ask because you sound like one to me, but I don’t want to assume that you are.

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Would you by chance happen to be a Christadelphian? I ask because you sound like one to me, but I don’t want to assume that you are.
I know of them...they have some solid works that I've looked into in the past. There is a book called "The Life of Jesus", which I read many years back by Melva Purkis. It was a very good on the Master! I recall how true to the record that book was.
F2F

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Is there a specific doctine in the series that is an afront to you and your understanding of the Bible?

Let’s pose your question to someone who - unlike myself - is watching the series and answers your question in the affirmative.

”Heresies are in The Chosen tv series … the real danger of this show is in how it introduces the audience to Jesus Christ … the show also presents false teaching about Jesus Christ. The show does not claim to represent an accurate depiction of Jesus Christ and does claim to have artistic liberty. However, to claim this an authentic Jesus, as Dallas Jenkins does, is blasphemy. There is no authentic Jesus outside of the biblical Jesus.

This article will go over the different episodes of The Chosen to show what is biblically and historically inaccurate. This should be more than enough reason for Christians to stay away from the tv show. Heresies are in the Chosen.”

(Josiah Nichols, “Heresies are in the Chosen”)

The author then proceeds to examine each and every episode of the first three seasons. Interested readers should examine them and decide for themselves whether the accusations have merit.

The reviewer concludes,

”These are the heresies of the Chosen. It attacks the sufficiency, inerrancy, and authority of Scripture. It attack’s Jesus’ divinity, authority, and goodness. It presents a Jesus who does not demand repentance, accepts sin, and punishes his disciples with starvation, disease, and death of loved ones. This is not the Jesus of the Bible. Jesus taught the inerrancy, authority, infallibility, and sufficiency of Scripture. He did not teach God could be known outside the Bible. The Chosen should be marked and avoided by believers. Contrary to popular belief, Heresies are in the Chosen.”

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
How critical of a program (any program, not just The Chosen) should we expect fans of a program to be?