The Christian Response To Crisis

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While most might expect crisis to bring out the best and worst in people.

Is it unexpected to see apathy and indifference also being widely represented?

The lack of reaction in response to recent events, has been surprising to me.

One of the most bizarre cases of apathy and indifference I saw recently, was a christian youtuber telling people not to worry if we're in the end times. "Don't worry the end times will be all sunshine and rainbows."

From what I recall, revelation says there will be bodies piled high in the end times, with a degree of suffering that humanity has not experienced since the earliest days of human history.

I guess those unhappy sounding verses are "stay calm and remain passive" material for some people?

Thinking of the end times, I thought there would be heroism and bravery. (Like the movie Armageddon with Bruce Willis.)

iu

If we are in the end times, as some say. It has been a huge disappointment so far.

Revelation was once widely considered to narrate an epic clash between powers of good and evil.

But if we are indeed in the end times, I have to say the end times do not seem like an epic contest of apex powers.

Instead, the end times appear to be more like the special olympics.

I feel more pity and concern for people and their choices by far. Than I do feelings of pride.

While there are certainly many unsung heroes who are doing the right thing, making the right choices.

The bottom is so much lower, than I expected it to be.

I hope people are able to make choices they can feel good about.

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I saw recently, was a christian youtuber telling people not to worry if we're in the end times. "Don't worry the end times will be all sunshine and rainbows."
That is good reason not to watch that you tuber.
The bible tells us how people will be reacting, like in Noahs day they were marrying and giving in marriage. that is normal life was going on while Noah built the Ark.
Normal life carried on despite his preaching.
Normal life carried on even when animals started arriving to board the Ark.

The last days started when Jesus ascended into Heaven, we are now waiting for his return and that is the only fact we need to think about.
Jesus will return.

Everything else is speculation.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not everyone who claims to be christian represents Christ.

I would say this Youtuber would be one of them who does not know Christ. He definately does not know the word