• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rod Dreher remains my top blogger choice, but Ross Douthat probably follows close behind. One is Orthodox (big "O") and the other is Catholic. However, they nail the problems that we face, and one of the major problems across the entire spectrum of Christianity is muddied beliefs and weak understandings of the faith.

This article is well worth the read:
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/living-in-the-christian-shadowlands/

Notable Quotables:

An Evangelical theologian with whom I spoke at the Pepperdine conference (he doesn’t teach at Pepperdine, but rather drove in for the event) said, “They were taught arts and crafts in their churches. Now their religion is what Christian Smith calls Moralistic Therapeutic Deism.

But Dante, the poet, was confident that Truth existed, and that it could be known, however partially in mortal life, by living in right relationship to God, who is the source of all Truth.
The great problem we Christians today have — all Christians, not just Catholic — is that we doubt that there is any source of truth outside of ourselves, and/or that we are capable of knowing it. My fear — and it is that: a fear — is that so many of us older believers are making it difficult to impossible for our children to believe, simply by failing to teach them the basics of the faith, and to demonstrate by our lives that these things we believe are true.