The Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tkinnie

May 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone know of any church where there is healing of the sick, and the casting out of demons????? Who is operating in the power of god???? I thought the signs would follow the TRUE believers. SO what are we not doing?????

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Anyone know of any church where there is healing of the sick, and the casting out of demons????? Who is operating in the power of god???? I thought the signs would follow the TRUE believers. SO what are we not doing?????

Thefollowing will give you some idea what the Church is not doing.

A Christian is a temple of God where no sin exists.

There is a Spiritual walk thatone needs to live, in order to be one with God. Being one with God means aperson will not sin.

Scripture tells us that a person who knows God does notsin. If one sins he or she only knowsof God, at best.

What I share is scriptural, and I understand becauseJesus taught me.

I also know that you will not come to know what I knowunless you let God guide and teach you.

Becoming one with God

(Acts 2:38-39) “You must repent, Peter answered and every one of youmust be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins,and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise that was made is for you and your children, and forall those who are far away, for all those whom the Lord our God is calling tohimself.”

Receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit.

The gifts of the Holy Spirit aremany, but just to name a few.

(1 Corinthians12:27-30) “Now you together are Christ’s body; but each of you is a differentpart of it. In the Church, God hasgiven the first place to apostles, the second to prophets, the third toteachers; after them, miracles, and after them the gift of healing; helpers,good leaders, those with many languages. Are all of them apostles, or all of them prophets, or all of themteachers? Do all speak strangelanguages, and all interpret them?”

The Holy Spirit/Jesus will beginto teach and give one the grace to live the whole Word of God.

(1 John 2:27) “But youhave not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone toteach you, the anointing he gave teaches you everything; you are anointed withtruth, not a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

Living the Word of God includesloving, even one’s enemies.

(Matthew 5:43-44) “You have learnt how it wassaid, you must love your neighbor and hate your enemy, but I say this to you:love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.”

(Matthew 5:39) “You have learnthow it was said: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ But I say this to you:eek:ffer the wicked man no resistance.”

One can’t say he or she loves ifthey have money stored and they keep it stored even when they know there issome one in need of that money.

(1 John 3:16-18) “This is how we know what loveis: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our livesfor our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need buthas no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let usnot love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.”

Jesus told us the following

(Matthew 6:19) “Do notstore up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, andwhere thieves break in and steal.”

(Matthew 6:24)"Noone can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, orhe will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both Godand Money.”

(Luke 12:33) “Sell yourpossessions and give alms. Getyourselves purses that do not wear out, treasure that will not fail you, inHeaven where no thief can reach it and no moth destroy it. For where your treasure is, there will yourheart be also.”

(Luke 14:33) “So in thesame way, none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up all hispossessions.”

A Spiritual Christian is a temple of God where nosin exists.

(Romans 6:2-4) “How can we who died to sin yet live in it?

Or areyou unaware that we who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into hisdeath? We were indeed buried with him through baptism into death, so that, justas Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too mightlive in newness of life.”

(1 John 5:18) “ We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; theone who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him”

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what issinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning.The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

When one learns to obey and livethe Word of God, he or she will become the home of God.

(John 14: 23) “Anyonewho loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall cometo him and make a home in him.”

(1 Corinthians 2:13-14)“Therefore we teach, not in the way in which philosophy is taught, but in theway that the Spirit teaches us: we teach spiritual things spiritually. An unspiritual person is one who does notaccept anything of the Spirit of God he sees it all as nonsense; it is beyondhis understanding because it can only be understood by means of the Spirit.”

To maintain life in one he or sheneeds spiritual food.

(John 6:53-55) “How can this mangive us his flesh to eat? Theysaid. Jesus replied: ‘I tell you mostsolemnly, if you do not eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood,you will not have life in you. Anyonewho does eat my flesh and drink my blood has eternal life, and I shall raisehim up on the last day.”

By the way people I have walked the walk. Jesus called meand I lived his Word as he directed me to live it for thirty some years. It was not a walk I would ever have done onmy own. I learned what it is to become one with God from God.

If one truly gives his or her life to God they may findthat it is a ride that is beyond anything he or she thought they could live.

I did not choose to do what I am doing. I did not choose to live the life I lived,Jesus chose for me. I do as he tells meto do.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
That's a good question... never give up on finding what you're looking for... and you'll find it... everyone who seeks finds... don't ever settle for people that say this is it when you don't see what Jesus said would be... they don't enter and they hinder those who are entering... if you don't see what Jesus said would be... keep on looking...

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tim,

What's your definition of "healing" and what's your definition of "a demon being cast out"? I don't mean for this to be a smart aleck question, but give it some thought. Can you say that no one who has ever gone to Church today hasn't been healed of a sickness? I was in the hospital 2 years ago with something serious. It was an easy thing to correct, but had it not been fixed, I could've died. The docs did their job. Do I give credit to the Docs or to God? I give it to God even though men and women labored over me. I also give credit to those (if any did) in my Church who asked God to let all go well. But still, if God wanted to pull the plug -- even if the Doctors did their job perfectly -- he could've.

Demons being cast out is a bit more tricky. What's the sign of a demon in an age where we (as a society) seem to deny someone is possessed by a demon? We call it "mental illness" many times. Other times we call it alcholism, drug addiction, sex addiction or something else. But if someone has these things, we (again, as a society) deny they are possessed by a demon, but rather have an illness.

Me? I tend to believe in faith that if someone so much as gets over a cold, God did it! If someone quits smoking cigarettes and thus an addicting spirit, God did it. I don't need to see someone healed overnight of irreversable cancer or Linda Blair no longer spinning her head and puking green slime to believe that God heals and casts out demons. Praise God if that happens; and I'm not trying to scold you. But I hope you see my point. It IS happening! Just not so evident that everyone can see it.