The Compete Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 15

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

The Gospel.

Jesus Christ died, was buried, and rose again, all according to the Scriptures.

Many attest to it. Paul was called to preach it.

Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection. It seems so simple!

But then, this is exactly what we're taught,

Romans 6
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

This is REALLY good news! It so simple!

We can have a simple faith that this is true. That we are crucifed together with Christ. That we've been buried with Him, and risen with Him.

A simple faith that this is true, that our old man, the man we were, was crucified, and is now completely powerless, so that we are free to do righteousness!

A simple faith that we will, according to His promise, share in the likeness of His resurrection!

Such wonder and love!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"He breaks the power of canceled sin." I used to read this revivalist. I used to read that pastor. One day I realized that my doctrine was little more than my opinions. Many I had received from others. God spent many years freeing me from the doctrines of men. I thought it was the truth. He has got me to where He wants me. He wanted me to fall on the Rock. I resisted and He ground me to dust. I finally went where He wanted me to go because I was no longer able to resist.
During that week, it was like He pulled back a corner on reality and showed me another reality. There is so much more I'd like to talk about here, but I don't. My initials are T.R.C. This, to me also stands for Traditional Ritualistic Churchianity. There is a giant wave of His Spirit coming and I, for one am ready with my surfboard. I'm not missing this wave. He gave me a song 24 years ago. These are the lyrics.

A wave just rolled in from the west coast, a wave that's powered by the Holy Ghost.
And riding that wave is a surfboard, and on that board is the Risen Lord.
He's saying, "get up here with Me and don't you worry 'bout a thing, just leave all the prepping to the King Of Kings."

Welcome to the City of Salvation, it's gonna rock every nation.
Welcome to the Kingdom Come, it's gonna reach everyone.
Come and have a drink of new wine, it'll blast you right between the eyes each and ev'ry time.

You look up to see a wave rolling in, and you start to sweat because you can't swim.
I'll tell you what to do, you cry out, "help me, Lord," and He'll lift you up on His surfin' board."
"Don't you worry 'bout surfin' just yet, cause something like that takes some time to get.
But before you know it you'll be hanging five, and then you'll just look up and bless the sky.

We're going surfing, we're surfing with Jesus, x4

By Ron Coates Copyright 1996 Socan (Society Of Composers, Authors And Music Publishers Of Canada)
This is my music society. I joined it when I did some recordings for 100 Hunley Street. They also collect my royalties. Shalom. P.S. This is a metaphorical song.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
1 Corinthians 15

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

The Gospel.

Romans 6
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

We can have a simple faith that this is true. That we are crucifed together with Christ. That we've been buried with Him, and risen with Him.

A simple faith that this is true, that our old man, the man we were, was crucified, and is now completely powerless, so that we are free to do righteousness!

A simple faith that we will, according to His promise, share in the likeness of His resurrection!

Such wonder and love!

Great passages there.

I don't see baptism as effecting something spiritual; it's a precious, after-the-event symbol (Acts 2.41).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Actually baptism has tremendous spiritual significance. See Romans 6.
Not baptismal regeneration; it's symbolic; in Acts 2.41, 'they that gladly believed his word' were not baptised in order to become believers; they were baptised because they were believers.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not baptismal regeneration...
Who said anything about baptismal regeneration? You missed the spiritual significance of Christian baptism, therefore you need to study Romans 6.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 15

The Gospel.

Romans 6

Such wonder and love!
Is it that simple? How did the disciples preach the Gospel before Jesus was crucified and resurrected? What was the Gospel Jesus preached himself?

Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
"He breaks the power of canceled sin." I used to read this revivalist. I used to read that pastor. One day I realized that my doctrine was little more than my opinions. Many I had received from others. God spent many years freeing me from the doctrines of men. I thought it was the truth. He has got me to where He wants me. He wanted me to fall on the Rock. I resisted and He ground me to dust. I finally went where He wanted me to go because I was no longer able to resist.
During that week, it was like He pulled back a corner on reality and showed me another reality. There is so much more I'd like to talk about here, but I don't. My initials are T.R.C. This, to me also stands for Traditional Ritualistic Churchianity. There is a giant wave of His Spirit coming and I, for one am ready with my surfboard. I'm not missing this wave. He gave me a song 24 years ago. These are the lyrics.

A wave just rolled in from the west coast, a wave that's powered by the Holy Ghost.
And riding that wave is a surfboard, and on that board is the Risen Lord.
He's saying, "get up here with Me and don't you worry 'bout a thing, just leave all the prepping to the King Of Kings."

Welcome to the City of Salvation, it's gonna rock every nation.
Welcome to the Kingdom Come, it's gonna reach everyone.
Come and have a drink of new wine, it'll blast you right between the eyes each and ev'ry time.

You look up to see a wave rolling in, and you start to sweat because you can't swim.
I'll tell you what to do, you cry out, "help me, Lord," and He'll lift you up on His surfin' board."
"Don't you worry 'bout surfin' just yet, cause something like that takes some time to get.
But before you know it you'll be hanging five, and then you'll just look up and bless the sky.

We're going surfing, we're surfing with Jesus, x4

By Ron Coates Copyright 1996 Socan (Society Of Composers, Authors And Music Publishers Of Canada)
This is my music society. I joined it when I did some recordings for 100 Hunley Street. They also collect my royalties. Shalom. P.S. This is a metaphorical song.
@Ron Coates It's good to be open to revise one's opinions in the light of the revealed Word...

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Ron Coates It's good to be open to revise one's opinions in the light of the revealed Word...
With me, it's always been God does something supernatural with me and over the next short while He always shows me where it is in His word. Every time. I see the word as the river banks and the Spirit as the River Of God.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
With me, it's always been God does something supernatural with me and over the next short while He always shows me where it is in His word. Every time. I see the word as the river banks and the Spirit as the River Of God.
@Ron Coates Great to keep searching the Scriptures, and 'rightly dividing the word of truth' (2 Timothy 2.15).

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My old church home was a Vineyard church. I've been functioning on gifts of the Spirit for the past 1/4 century. Man, that makes me feel old. I know that we have a difference of opinion on this subject. By the way, the Vineyard is a conservative evangelical church.

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great passages there.

I don't see baptism as effecting something spiritual; it's a precious, after-the-event symbol (Acts 2.41).
Baptism into Christ, rather than water baptism, I think is what the passage is talking about.

I heard a good thought on water baptism not long ago.

It's like the soldier's uniform. Wearing one or not wearing one isn't what qualifies you to be a soldier. A uniform is given as an honor to the one who is qualified, who then is proud to wear it.

I liked that!

Much love!

Reactions: Truman

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reminds me of . . .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it that simple? How did the disciples preach the Gospel before Jesus was crucified and resurrected? What was the Gospel Jesus preached himself?

Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
What was God offering to Israel before they crucified Jesus? And even afterward, when Peter preached on Pentecost?

Much love!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was God offering to Israel before they crucified Jesus? And even afterward, when Peter preached on Pentecost?

Much love!
So what was Jesus saying when he preached the Gospel? I'm pretty sure that he wasn't talking about the Crucifixion and Resurrection. So what was the good news? Was is the good news?

I say the Gospel has never changed. It started in Genesis and we see it in Revelation too. The Good News is that God loves us; and if we repent of our sins, He will forgive us and help us lead better lives in the future. He will take of us. We may not understand all the details about how He will take care of us, but we can still believe He will.

God loves us. If we repent, He forgives us. That is the simple truth. Knowing about Jesus, the Crucifixion and Resurrection is icing on the cake. They show us how God loved us, but the truth of the Gospel existed before Jesus came to the earth. It is "everlasting."

Revelation 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Last edited: