The confession that frees…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 6:11 (NASB20)
So you too, consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scripture reads; “dead to sin”, it does not read that “sin is dead” but that one is dead to it….

This is the understanding that leads to victory and walking in newness of life that every renewed life longs for…

For consider; if one were to die right this instant and Mr. Sin would come by and say “come on get up let’s go and sin’ the dead man would be incapable of responding because they were dead…. This is the faith that believes one has died and their life is hidden with Christ in God….

This is the faith that says “I can not get up and follow the sin that is still alive in me because when Christ died I died”….. This is the faith that will see in very short order the law being fulfilled in one but not by one… For he that has died is freed from sin, these are not just high and lofty words but a truth of infinite value; “he that has died is freed from sin”…..

For the one that believes into their death in Christ is as dead as Christ was, he also was raised up to a new life as much as Christ was…. The question being will one be so willing to enter into their death that Christ might live His life in and through that one…?

Then the confession; “what is that to a dead man, I follow Jesus” will become the most freeing and glorious confession because all the blessings of the new life are found therein…

Be blessed in the confession of faith that frees…..

A follower of His, Not me

Reactions: Azim

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 10:8 - But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

1 Corinthians 12:3 - Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 10:8 - But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

1 Corinthians 12:3 - Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.
Thanks for the verses, may we all be blessed in the experiencing of them…..

A fellow follower, Not me