The conversion of a scientist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm amazed anytime a scientist gets converted. Their head is so filled with facts they fall prey to ;

2 Timothy 3:7 KJVS
Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

But our God is able to reach them as He did Dr Francis Collins,

Another version of his testimony can be found here;

The Question of God . Other Voices . Francis Collins | PBS

Reactions: ScottA

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Frank Lee That was a good find. Thanks for posting. He has a really good testimony.
I hope @ScottA sees this, I'm sure he would like it and understand more than me about about there being no such thing as nothing... :D

bless you...H

Reactions: ScottA

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are a great many scientists who are Christian, something to praise God for.
The site creation.com has a list of those who identify with the site and the highlighted names have testimonies.
see:-
[removed]

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dr Alexander Fleming, discoverer of penicillin which has saved countless lives, including mine, was being interviewed. He was asked what his greatest discovery was.

"that I was a sinner and that Jesus could save me" was his answer.

ALEXANDER FLEMING AND PENICILLIN

R. G. Letourneau the great construction machinery magnate resolved with his wife to live on 10% of their income and give away 90%.

Great Men and women have Jesus at the center of their lives. Their are hundreds of such stories.

Reactions: Helen

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
I'm amazed anytime a scientist gets converted. Their head is so filled with facts they fall prey to ;

2 Timothy 3:7 KJVS
Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

But our God is able to reach them as He did Dr Francis Collins,

Another version of his testimony can be found here;

The Question of God . Other Voices . Francis Collins | PBS

One can not fall prey to facts, but one can fall prey to drawing the wrong conclusions from facts. Richard Dawkins fell prey to drawing the wrong conclusions, his colleague Francis Collins did not. He is indeed a very inspired speaker. Thank you for posting this video and the link.

Collins also founded the Biologos Foundation, that does wonderful work inviting “the church and the world to see the harmony between science and biblical faith as we present an evolutionary understanding of God’s ceation”:

[removed]

Alister McGrath would be another scientist who gives great testimony on how he turned from atheism to becoming a Christian:

“Atheism, I began to realize, rested on a less-than-satisfactory evidential basis. The arguments that had once seemed bold, decisive, and conclusive increasingly turned out to be circular, tentative, and uncertain. The opportunity to talk with Christians about their faith revealed to me that I understood relatively little about their religion, which I had come to know chiefly through not-always-accurate descriptions by its leading critics, including British logician Bertrand Russell and German social philosopher Karl Marx. I also began to realize that my assumption of the automatic and inexorable link between the natural sciences and atheism was rather naïve and uninformed.”

Last edited:

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It always seemed to me that scientists should be first to see God in everything. To see the intricate detail in every part of the cosmos. The extreme interaction in every part of nature.

Many came to be believers after considering the indescribable interaction and interdependence of every creature upon the others and upon the earth.

The fool has said in his heart there is no God.

Genesis 41 tells of fat cows and skinny cows. The skinny cows are the picture of those that are ever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. They eat and eat yet no gain results.

Blessed are the simple folk like me who look up at the sky and know someone had to make all of this.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:) So very true.. :)

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
It always seemed to me that scientists should be first to see God in everything. To see the intricate detail in every part of the cosmos. The extreme interaction in every part of nature.

Many came to be believers after considering the indescribable interaction and interdependence of every creature upon the others and upon the earth.
Well, modern science has its cradle in the pious thought that the more you know about His creation the more you know about God. To begin with science was a form of worship and to many theist scientists it still is.

Science owes much to both Christianity and the Middle Ages : Soapbox Science

The fool has said in his heart there is no God.
So true. Also only fools will feel so threatened in their faith by scientific findings that they need to deny and censor them.

Blessed are the simple folk like me who look up at the sky and know someone had to make all of this.
Blessed indeed. I’ll never be clever enough to become an astrophysicist, yet looking up at the starry sky at night never fails to fill me with awe and prayer.

Reactions: amadeus

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ab old woman said "God sits high but He looks low".

I love all the old true Christian cliches. They're so true.

Believing that the universe was created by some big bang is the same as believing an explosion in a print shop would produce a perfect dictionary.

Here's mine; I've always liked to say that "if a big bang did create the universe then who lit the fuse?"

The more you let God take you over the more you become yourself. C. S. Lewis

God alone can turn a mess into a message, a test into a testimony, a trial into a triumph and a victim into a victory. Amen

Real friends don't say get over it, they will help you get through it.

No circumstance will remain in your life any longer than necessary to perform that which it was sent for.

Last edited:

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Ab old woman said "God sits high but He looks low".

I love all the old true Christian cliches. They're so true.

Believing that the universe was created by some big bang is the same as believing an explosion in a print shop would produce a perfect dictionary.

Here's mine; I've always liked to say that "if a big bang did create the universe then who lit the fuse?"

The more you let God take you over the more you become yourself. C. S. Lewis

God alone can turn a mess into a message, a test into a testimony, a trial into a triumph and a victim into a victory. Amen

Real friends don't say get over it, they will help you get through it.

No circumstance will remain in your life any longer than necessary to perform that which it was sent for.
Why shouldn’t the universe have been created in a big bang? It’s a theory that was first formulated by Georges Lemaitre, who was not only a professor of physics but also a Catholic Priest. He was quite inspired by the Christian doctrine of “creatio ex nihilo” and obviously he thought that it was God who “lit the fuse”.

Last edited:

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm with David

Psalm 131:1 KJVS
Lord , my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.

Makes no difference how He did it. Just that He did.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
I'm with David

Lord , my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.

Well, I hear you and I’m with you in that most science is too high for me. I couldn’t even begin to understand Collins in a lecture on DNA or John Lennox in a lecture on mathematics. But I still have a high degree of respect for those inquisitive minds who worship God by asking and asking and asking how He did it, even though they know that the answer to one question will just lead to more and more questions. If it wasn’t for people like that, we’d still be sitting in caves and die of diseases that are now easily treated.

James Roberts

Jan 3, 2018
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God and science have been a big part of my mechanical engineering design career. I couldn't have done all the things I've done without the Holy Spirit's guidance.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God and science have been a big part of my mechanical engineering design career. I couldn't have done all the things I've done without the Holy Spirit's guidance.

It;'s to bad that a lot of narrow minded Christians talk down on science or ignore it.
Science and Christianity go together very well.
Check out: "Reasons to Believe"....
Website link: http://reasons.org/explore

Reactions: James Roberts

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a great compliment to God that so many have not seen His creation as being created, and an even greater compliment that some do.

Amazing God!

Reactions: James Roberts

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I'm with David

i'm surprised you dislike the BB Frank, it strikes me as a virtual admission of a Fuse-Lighter, basically