The Cosmic Kill-Joys

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. - Revelation 3:16

Sometimes its really hard to deal with Christians whose zeal for righteousness (like cloud cover on an otherwise sunny day) does nothing but inhibit the spiritual light, energy, and joy from reaching us on planet earth. Sometimes it can be quite sickening.

I have got to say, that when I had church children over at the house I always had them over with the intent of instilling good memories of the visit. I live on 5 acres and have a walk in basement. When they would come over we would play volleyball, basketball, I have plenty of exercise equipment downstairs, we would cook out (I would pay for the hamburgers and hot dogs) and then I would have a camp fire and invite someone local to speak and do devotions. After the devotions we would roast marsh mellows, watch TV, and let them hang out until they wanted to go home.

Sometimes dealing with this new generation of youth pastors its hard to get over the ice cold persona of arrogance to get anything constructive going on for Christ. Its like come on guys... We are not called to be God's Cosmic Kill-Joys of the universe spreading grief and melancholy where ever we go!

Reactions: WhiteKnuckle

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. - Revelation 3:16

Sometimes its really hard to deal with Christians whose zeal for righteousness (like cloud cover on an otherwise sunny day) does nothing but inhibit the spiritual light, energy, and joy from reaching us on planet earth. Sometimes it can be quite sickening.

I have got to say, that when I had church children over at the house I always had them over with the intent of instilling good memories of the visit. I live on 5 acres and have a walk in basement. When they would come over we would play volleyball, basketball, I have plenty of exercise equipment downstairs, we would cook out (I would pay for the hamburgers and hot dogs) and then I would have a camp fire and invite someone local to speak and do devotions. After the devotions we would roast marsh mellows, watch TV, and let them hang out until they wanted to go home.

Sometimes dealing with this new generation of youth pastors its hard to get over the ice cold persona of arrogance to get anything constructive going on for Christ. Its like come on guys... We are not called to be God's Cosmic Kill-Joys of the universe spreading grief and melancholy where ever we go!

AMEN!!!!!

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
I personally struggle with an ice cold persona. Not by my choice usually, I just have trouble emotionally expressing certain characteristics. I'm probably harder on myself than how other people actually see me, but I agree with what you're saying. I can get in "ministry mind/mode", and try so hard to represent Christ that I forget to just be myself. I mean I am a representative of Christ, but I try so hard sometimes to be who I already am. I think with us young guys (I'm one of them young guys), we don't know how to handle and delegate the responsibilities and manage the time God gives us appropriately. The expectations are high and when we lose that rested joyful spirit we are meant to have, we lose out on the witness that God is a God of joy and rest and we make it seem like the seriousness of God's message evidently doesn't make room for joy or rest. I could use prayer in this personally if anyone would. I've thought about it a lot and just want God to help me with my priorities.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I personally struggle with an ice cold persona. Not by my choice usually, I just have trouble emotionally expressing certain characteristics. I'm probably harder on myself than how other people actually see me, but I agree with what you're saying. I can get in "ministry mind/mode", and try so hard to represent Christ that I forget to just be myself. I mean I am a representative of Christ, but I try so hard sometimes to be who I already am. I think with us young guys (I'm one of them young guys), we don't know how to handle and delegate the responsibilities and manage the time God gives us appropriately. The expectations are high and when we lose that rested joyful spirit we are meant to have, we lose out on the witness that God is a God of joy and rest and we make it seem like the seriousness of God's message evidently doesn't make room for joy or rest. I could use prayer in this personally if anyone would. I've thought about it a lot and just want God to help me with my priorities.

"I yam what I yam."
- Popeye the sailor

One of the problems a young man has is that there are too many human voices shouting at him, telling him what to do, what to think and how to act.
That's part of the socialization process, but when the child becomes a young man it seems to continue. Only when you get old enough will you suddenly realize that all this continued insistance about what you OUGHT to be is bogus dung. I heard all that crap when I was young too. In the end it made be bitter.

If you lose that "rested joyful spirit" you talk about, you will NEVER get it back. You may find a measure of peace now and then, but by and large it is a thing that when once lost is gone for good.

The problem, simply stated, is one of self-respect NOT character development.

Respect yourself and seek peace with God while you may. Let the voices of men drone on. THEY ALWAYS WILL regardless of how you act or change. ALWAYS.
This is important to understand. THEY WILL ALWAYS drone on about how you are to BE. It is bogus.

Do you not think God knows who and what and why you are the way you are? Chances are the Almighty has had a hand in making you that way. If you believe that then why listen to the voices of change?

"They cannot take away our self-respect if we do not give it to them."
- Mahatma Ghandi

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Not to be a kill joy here, but what do you make of this?

It is better to go to a house of mourning Than to go to a house of feasting, Because that is the end of every man, And the living takes it to heart. Eccl. 7:2

Man, I hate being the messenger! ;)

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to be a kill joy here, but what do you make of this?

It is better to go to a house of mourning Than to go to a house of feasting, Because that is the end of every man, And the living takes it to heart. Eccl. 7:2

Man, I hate being the messenger! ;)

If you want to build a church you must begin with spiritual light... Especially with the young people!

In that three is the number of unity so E = mc2 dwells in a trinity:

1. Matter – The sun is E=mc2 in the form of plasma.

2. Spiritual Motive – Spiritual warmth, love, faith, and hope in a heart set to do creative things.

3. Intelligent Form – What Plato called ‘The Good’ or the drive that caused the plasma to cool into the respective elements. So we have an abundant supply of life necessary calcium (Ca) for our bone and teeth structure; and magnesium (Mg) so chlorophyll can generate photosynthesis. Note how plants thrive after a volcanic eruption delivered the necessary elements for life. The power of the Good also left us things like the bible so we would not do foolish things such as overpopulating the planet. Much intellectual things had to come together to support the reality of a good life.

TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVE THE MATTER AND THE INTELLIGENT FORM... AND NOT THE SPIRITUAL LIGHT! AND WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT IT?

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. - 1 Corinthians 13:2

An abundance of metals may also be processed into useful material goods. All of which were created by intelligent design, otherwise there is no Mg for photosynthesis and no Ca for the formation of bones. When experiencing the true spiritual E/c2 one ought to feel the same power that went into the creation of the universe

There is a spiritual light and energy that is akin to the same stuff that went into the creation of the universe; the light that we all live for that inspires ourlives to do great things.

Energy - Warmth, love, get up and go, motivation.

Light - Faith, hope, joy, charity.

So we have the E / c2 lets analyze the opposites...

If m = E / c2 then the opposite is true ...

Nothing (n) = Absolute Zero (z) / Darkness (d)

As the answer to this equation is undefined, so it is impossible for we who are alive to fully grasp. Yet we can feel the spiritual effect as E / c2 fades away.

The inverse of c2 is d (hate, fear, and despair)

The inverse of E is z (laziness, coldness, and hate)

"The Blues has had a baby and its name is Rock n Roll"

Is not the Blues a form of despair? There is another child of the Blues called funk! There is a spiritual funk that gets into church people that is most unprofitable!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I heard a pastor say this and I totally agree - Christians need a more fully understood and developed theology of joy!

Mix that joy with

Light... Namely... Faith, Hope, and Charity

Energy... Motivation, Love, get up and go....

And what would you have? Fire!

...he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire: - Luke 3:16
I am come to send fire on the earth... - Luke 12:49
And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. - Hebrews 1:7
For our God is a consuming fire. - Hebrews 12:29

Fire is most profitable! Consider when you throw on a porch light in the summer how it draws all sorts of God's creation. So with the heavenly fire... It will draw people to what's going on!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
"I yam what I yam."
- Popeye the sailor

One of the problems a young man has is that there are too many human voices shouting at him, telling him what to do, what to think and how to act.
That's part of the socialization process, but when the child becomes a young man it seems to continue. Only when you get old enough will you suddenly realize that all this continued insistance about what you OUGHT to be is bogus dung. I heard all that crap when I was young too. In the end it made be bitter.

If you lose that "rested joyful spirit" you talk about, you will NEVER get it back. You may find a measure of peace now and then, but by and large it is a thing that when once lost is gone for good.

The problem, simply stated, is one of self-respect NOT character development.

Respect yourself and seek peace with God while you may. Let the voices of men drone on. THEY ALWAYS WILL regardless of how you act or change. ALWAYS.
This is important to understand. THEY WILL ALWAYS drone on about how you are to BE. It is bogus.

Do you not think God knows who and what and why you are the way you are? Chances are the Almighty has had a hand in making you that way. If you believe that then why listen to the voices of change?

"They cannot take away our self-respect if we do not give it to them."
- Mahatma Ghandi

You're absolutely right.

"BE this, DO that" etc etc etc,,,,,,,,, Over the course of a lifetime there is a sense of what's called "growing up" or being an "adult" The joy of life you had as a child does seem to go away and your sense of self does seem to get confused. We all go through many different things and we change who we are, or what we think defines us many times throughout our life.

I disagree with you on one part. You can get your peace and joy back! It's entirely possible! Although I have some problems as any man does. My life is mostly joyful. I have myself back and a sense of peace in my heart. I didn't think it was ever going to come back.

Not that it's the same thing as some, but, I experienced PTS for many years. I didn't think I was ever going to be sane again and I thought my emotions and thoughts were always going to be screwed up and I would always be suffering.

This is the first time in my life where I'm truely happy and content, I'm relaxed and calm and I laugh easy and enjoy life. This is what God has done for me. The world and myself tried to destroy everything good in my life and about me. LOL, I guess God had different plans!

You believe in the Lord, I know you do. He can and will heal you!