The course of this world

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! If the Chineses could make this happen, I'm sure they would. :eek:

I don't look at God's Word this way. I believe He made sure that what He wanted in the Bible got put in there. Kind of like the old Prego commercials--it's in there, lol. I know this is perhaps a childish view, but we are to come to Him like a little child. When the Bible doesn't make sense to me, I look at it as a fault on my part (lack of understanding), not a fault on God's part.... After all, He's perfect; I'm not (in case you haven't noticed :)).
I went back and reread your post and though I agree with you, something came to mind about things not being in the Bible.

Jehudi,... he was hiding really good. It took me almost 10 minutes to find him. I only knew someone cut out some pages, so I had to look hard.
So Jeremiah orated a prophecy and Baruch was the scribe who wrote it down. And the scroll was read among the people and they said let the King read it. So they gave it to the king and he read it to the people and I guess he didn't like what was in it.. so..
Jer 36:23
And it came to pass, that when Jehudi had read three or four leaves, he cut it with the penknife, and cast it into the fire that was on the hearth, until all the roll was consumed in the fire that was on the hearth.
And then he wanted to talk to Jeremiah and Baruch, but they hid them.
So God told Jeremiah to make another scroll and stick it in Jehudi's face.
He was in trouble.. mm hm..

So even the things that get cut out are written about getting cut out LOL
Isn't God Great!!:D
HUGS

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a whole meal right there.

What course is this world on?
And it is THIS world that has a set course.

Most of the first references have to do with the armies of Israel and the Priests
in their courses. Like shifts.
I work 1st shift. and there are usually 12 courses. like monthly shifts.
That reminds me of Zachariah who was working in the temple when Gabriel showed up and gave him a message about John.... (hello John)

Found it in Luke the physician..
why did you call Luke a physician?
I don't really know, it just came out like that.
Maybe because Jesus was doing most the healing there?
Could be.
Help me find that course Zechariah was on.
ok

Luk 1:5
There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

The course of this world.
So the world has a shift too?
That's an intereting question. I'm thinking course, like a set path though. Like the earth is on a path to..
Like that bridge to nowhere?
HAHA your funny.
:D

Maybe we should look deeper into where or what this course is. some courses are round like horse racing or the Indy 500. Some courses are forwards an backwards.
Well the world does goes round.. What about time, does that go around too, or just backwards and forwards?
I don't know if time goes backwards. We've only learned about marching onward.
Some say there is no turning back the hands of time.
You're prolly right..
Well, I don't know about that. Only God knows until he reveals things to us. Maybe we're not ready for time travel yet.

How about we get back on course?
Ok it's worth a try..

HUGS

Hahaha...love your sense of humor sister :D

"That's a whole meal right there." <--- Full course, buffet! :D

"What course is this world on? <----Not a good one, you ask me..
"And it is THIS world that has a set course." <--- " 1 Corinthians 7:31 (NIRV) "Those who use the things of the world should not become all wrapped up in them. The world as it now exists is passing away."

Yep...this world has been set on course since day one far as I can see.

I think we also individually set our own course, if you believe in free will, which I do. We know right from wrong from a VERY young age! :eek:But...we do not realize the difference until our spirits are born again...IMHO
But...isn't it surreal to think about living in the realm of eternity as God Himself does?... as opposed to time, that we are subject to? I cannot even fathom that!
Can you only imagine God seeing everything that has already happened from beginning to end like...a canvas painted before the events happened?

"What about time, does that go around too, or just backwards and forwards?"

Ha!! I wish we could go backwards sometimes then I think of Lot's wife :eek:
One thing God does not give us back is time. It's already in the "past" the Nano second it happens! Awesome say's me!

“I was sent to speak to you and to announce to you this good news. But now you will be speechless and unable to talk until the day these things take place, because you did not believe my words, which will be fulfilled at their proper time, he said."
Luke (the doc) 1:19-22
Blessings!
Nancy

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hahaha...love your sense of humor sister :D

"That's a whole meal right there." <--- Full course, buffet! :D

"What course is this world on? <----Not a good one, you ask me..
"And it is THIS world that has a set course." <--- " 1 Corinthians 7:31 (NIRV) "Those who use the things of the world should not become all wrapped up in them. The world as it now exists is passing away."

Yep...this world has been set on course since day one far as I can see.

I think we also individually set our own course, if you believe in free will, which I do. We know right from wrong from a VERY young age! :eek:But...we do not realize the difference until our spirits are born again...IMHO
But...isn't it surreal to think about living in the realm of eternity as God Himself does?... as opposed to time, that we are subject to? I cannot even fathom that!
Can you only imagine God seeing everything that has already happened from beginning to end like...a canvas painted before the events happened?

"What about time, does that go around too, or just backwards and forwards?"

Ha!! I wish we could go backwards sometimes then I think of Lot's wife :eek:
One thing God does not give us back is time. It's already in the "past" the Nano second it happens! Awesome say's me!

“I was sent to speak to you and to announce to you this good news. But now you will be speechless and unable to talk until the day these things take place, because you did not believe my words, which will be fulfilled at their proper time, he said."
Luke (the doc) 1:19-22
Blessings!
Nancy
That's Gabriel talking to Zecharias about the coming of John.. yeah.
Zech didn't believe.. kind of like when Sarai laughed.

Funny how we back on the train with John again huh? o_O

I'm telling ya, the guy is trolling me..:rolleyes:

Maybe he has a message he's trying to tell you but you keep ignoring him..:confused:

Well, if he does I'm all ears. I just know we have to keep the train on track and stay the course. ;)

Well, move along then.. ALL ABOARD!! :cool:

Thank you Nancy!
HUGS

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's Gabriel talking to Zecharias about the coming of John.. yeah.
Zech didn't believe.. kind of like when Sarai laughed.

Funny how we back on the train with John again huh? o_O

I'm telling ya, the guy is trolling me..:rolleyes:

Maybe he has a message he's trying to tell you but you keep ignoring him..:confused:

Well, if he does I'm all ears. I just know we have to keep the train on track and stay the course. ;)

Well, move along then.. ALL ABOARD!! :cool:

Thank you Nancy!
HUGS

Lol...sorry...can get off track sometimes... :oops: workin on it! :D

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went back and reread your post and though I agree with you, something came to mind about things not being in the Bible.

Jehudi,... he was hiding really good. It took me almost 10 minutes to find him. I only knew someone cut out some pages, so I had to look hard.
So Jeremiah orated a prophecy and Baruch was the scribe who wrote it down. And the scroll was read among the people and they said let the King read it. So they gave it to the king and he read it to the people and I guess he didn't like what was in it.. so..
Jer 36:23
And it came to pass, that when Jehudi had read three or four leaves, he cut it with the penknife, and cast it into the fire that was on the hearth, until all the roll was consumed in the fire that was on the hearth.
And then he wanted to talk to Jeremiah and Baruch, but they hid them.
So God told Jeremiah to make another scroll and stick it in Jehudi's face.
He was in trouble.. mm hm..

So even the things that get cut out are written about getting cut out LOL
Isn't God Great!!:D
HUGS

Hi Ziggy...
Yep, if it's not in there, God did not mean to be in there @Prayer Warrior and I agree on this. And, the only book that gives warning about adding and/or subtracting from is Rev. I see this referring to false prophets; speaking of things above and beyond what is in the final revelation of Jesus Christ.

I know several that listen to every word that spews out of their mouths and never once question it. That is total lack of responsibility, IMHO. Be a commendable Berean!! :D

" So God told Jeremiah to make another scroll and stick it in Jehudi's face. <---Lol. God does have His ways and, it's so great that they are always higher, better and sometimes even more humorous than we recognize...hahaha.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol...sorry...can get off track sometimes... :oops: workin on it! :D
I bet we find they are connected too.
Sarah some 99 years old and Elisabeth well stricken in age.
Neither one .. you know... and yet they both have kids.
Both promised, both have missions.
And then there is Hagai and Mary...
Comparing age with age, old with old and young with young.
But that don't fit right.. that would mean Jesus would be Ishmael..
And it has to do with the first born and all that.
And always there's 2 brothers..everywhere..
until Jacob then there's 12, 12 disciples, 12 Apostles.. on and on.. the stars.
Now Gabriel comes and makes 2 promises. One to Zecharia who has no faith and Mary who is full of faith.
The promise goes to the one with faith..

I AM SO RAMBLING HERE!!
MY fingers wont keep up with my thoughts..eeek
I think Im hungry. I havent eaten yet today/ I'll come back and try to sort out my thoughts,,
in the meantime..
CHOO CHOO
Carry on
HUGS

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I bet we find they are connected too.
Sarah some 99 years old and Elisabeth well stricken in age.
Neither one .. you know... and yet they both have kids.
Both promised, both have missions.
And then there is Hagai and Mary...
Comparing age with age, old with old and young with young.
But that don't fit right.. that would mean Jesus would be Ishmael..
And it has to do with the first born and all that.
And always there's 2 brothers..everywhere..
until Jacob then there's 12, 12 disciples, 12 Apostles.. on and on.. the stars.
Now Gabriel comes and makes 2 promises. One to Zecharia who has no faith and Mary who is full of faith.
The promise goes to the one with faith..

I AM SO RAMBLING HERE!!
MY fingers wont keep up with my thoughts..eeek
I think Im hungry. I havent eaten yet today/ I'll come back and try to sort out my thoughts,,
in the meantime..
CHOO CHOO
Carry on
HUGS

Lol...What can we say, God has His favorite pairs and numbers!
Go eat. :)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am going to try and do this real slow...
I understood something today. Actually about maybe an hour or two ago.
Probably everybody knows this, but it hit me, like a ton of bricks.

Be patient please..

God made Man in his own image and likeness.

I been reading that verse for 38 years.

The heart is the Son, full of compassion and mercy, love, joy, peace.
The mind is the Holy Spirit, the root. the teacher, the guidence councilor, reason, wisdom.
The Body is the Father, the action, speaking, moving, creating, doing..

Man is all 3 as well. We feel, we think, we do.
God created Man in His own image and likeness.

Do you see what I see?
Has everyone seen this except me?

Does this even make sense?

LIKE A TON OF BRICKS.

HUGS

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to try and do this real slow...
I understood something today. Actually about maybe an hour or two ago.
Probably everybody knows this, but it hit me, like a ton of bricks.

Be patient please..

God made Man in his own image and likeness.

I been reading that verse for 38 years.

The heart is the Son, full of compassion and mercy, love, joy, peace.
The mind is the Holy Spirit, the root. the teacher, the guidence councilor, reason, wisdom.
The Body is the Father, the action, speaking, moving, creating, doing..

Man is all 3 as well. We feel, we think, we do.
God created Man in His own image and likeness.

Do you see what I see?
Has everyone seen this except me?

Does this even make sense?

LIKE A TON OF BRICKS.

HUGS
Hi Ziggy,

Father, Son and Holy Spirit - yet One God, in Whose likeness we were created.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And you hath He quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world,
according to the prince of the power of the air,
the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh,
fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind;
and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
But God, who is rich in mercy,
for His great love wherewith he loved us,
Even when we were dead in sins,
hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )
And hath raised us up together,
and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:'

(Ephesians 2:1-6)

Hi Ziggy,

I looked in Strong's concordance and saw that the word, 'course' is Strongs Number G165, and is translated from the Greek word, 'aion' meaning an 'age' or period of time. The age in which we live now, during which Satan reigns as the god of this world, as the prince of the power of the air. This age will come to an end with the second advent of Christ.

I love the words, 'But God', in the passage quoted above. It shouts triumphantly, showing the power of God which delivers and saves those who are in darkness and brings them into the light of the knowledge of God in Christ Jesus, His Beloved Son.

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Hi @Ziggy & @Nancy,

Picking up on what I said in the entry above about the word 'Course' in Ephesians 2:2 and it's context, 'the course of this world'. I have looked up the usage of the word elsewhere in Scripture, and find that it is translated from several Greek and Hebrew words, but it is significant that here in Ephesians 2:2 it is translated from the Greek 'aion' meaning 'age'. For it is not so translated anywhere else in Scripture. So out of 35 usages, in it's singular form only once is it translated from 'aion', which, as I say, means AGE.

This singular use, says to me, that this is important and should be noted, and considered. That it is a period with a beginning and an end, so it has boundaries within time, and the ruler of this world has a limited timespan in which to operate, before the new heavens and the new earth is created, and Satan's rule ends with his destruction.

Praise God!

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
our Lord and Head.
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Strong's references to the word, 'Course':-

H4256
H6030
H4131
H4794
G2183
G1408
G2113
G4144
G3313
G165 * Ephesians 2:2 - 'aion' (age)
G5143
G1408
G5164

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Ziggy & @Nancy,

Picking up on what I said in the entry above about the word 'Course' in Ephesians 2:2 and it's context, 'the course of this world'. I have looked up the usage of the word elsewhere in Scripture, and find that it is translated from several Greek and Hebrew words, but it is significant that here in Ephesians 2:2 it is translated from the Greek 'aion' meaning 'age'. For it is not so translated anywhere else in Scripture. So out of 35 usages, in it's singular form only once is it translated from 'aion', which, as I say, means AGE.

This singular use, says to me, that this is important and should be noted, and considered. That it is a period with a beginning and an end, so it has boundaries within time, and the ruler of this world has a limited timespan in which to operate, before the new heavens and the new earth is created, and Satan's rule ends with his destruction.

Praise God!

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
our Lord and Head.
Chris

Awesome Chris, you probably did that little study in 5 minutes :D
And for sure, Satan is pulling out all the stops as he knows he doesn't have much time left.
It's good to know we are on the course of a whole different world :) Our citizenship is in heaven (positionally speaking) and that is more than fine with me. Gives us much to look forward to and to be joyful for in this dying world.
In Him,
Nancy

Reactions: charity

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a whole meal right there.

What course is this world on?
And it is THIS world that has a set course.

Most of the first references have to do with the armies of Israel and the Priests
in their courses. Like shifts.
I work 1st shift. and there are usually 12 courses. like monthly shifts.
That reminds me of Zachariah who was working in the temple when Gabriel showed up and gave him a message about John.... (hello John)

Found it in Luke the physician..
why did you call Luke a physician?
I don't really know, it just came out like that.
Maybe because Jesus was doing most the healing there?
Could be.
Help me find that course Zechariah was on.
ok

Luk 1:5
There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

The course of this world.
So the world has a shift too?
That's an intereting question. I'm thinking course, like a set path though. Like the earth is on a path to..
Like that bridge to nowhere?
HAHA your funny.
:D

Maybe we should look deeper into where or what this course is. some courses are round like horse racing or the Indy 500. Some courses are forwards an backwards.
Well the world does goes round.. What about time, does that go around too, or just backwards and forwards?
I don't know if time goes backwards. We've only learned about marching onward.
Some say there is no turning back the hands of time.
You're prolly right..
Well, I don't know about that. Only God knows until he reveals things to us. Maybe we're not ready for time travel yet.

How about we get back on course?
Ok it's worth a try..

HUGS

without God's intervention into human affairs it leads right back to where it was in the days of Noah.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
without God's intervention into human affairs it leads right back to where it was in the days of Noah.
If God didn't intend on intervening in Man's affairs, he never would of made a garden for man to tend and keep it.
The reason why God made man was to have companionship. Friendship. Family.
What Father doesnt intervene with their kids?
hmm..
Satan lets his just run wild through the streets causing all kinds of chaos..
just saying..
Not much has changed since the beginning if you ask me :)
HUGS

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Chris,

That's a great nugget to bring out!

Kata ton aiona tou kosmou . . . according to the epoch of the world system. We used to live according to the way this world is ordered within this age, and that ordering was according to the prince of the power of the air.

The spirit so named works in those who disobey God so that they live within this evil design. But as you point out . . . for a limited time only!

And all that is done according to the course of this world is ashes, and everything that is done according to our heavenly home remains.

Much love!

PS . . . I'm glad you stuck around!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Limited time..
Before Adam and Eve sinned the plan was for man to live forever. But they messed that up because they listened to the devil. So God cut short those years to what? maybe a thousand..
And In the days of Adam .. men lived a long time. Adam lived 930 years.. can you imagine ugh
Then there was the days of Noah and God shortened those years to 120?
Somewhere I can't find it right now, I thought they were shortened still to seventy years..

If God lives in you and you in him... where do you think the devil is?
And if the lifespan of man keeps getting shorter and shorter.. and the devil's life keeps getting shorter and shorter.
I tend to think that the devil can only live as long as you are living.

The Bible says that if we walk with God then our days can be increased.
Reminds me of the story of the man who was dying on his bed and I don't remember if it was Jeremiah or Isaiah
that came in and told him God heard his prayers and he was gonna give him some more time.

I think if the whole world turned to God, the devil would have no where left to go and he would be no more.
But what's the chances of that happening...

You can expand that and look at it from all the people on the earth. The more evil the days, more deaths and murders, etc
the less time God has with man and the days get darker and darker because Jesus is the light. And if no one has any candles well.
The days get shorter and the nights get longer until darkness fills the earth.. Like the days of Noah.

That's when the devil is the most powerful. Dark and chaotic, and long, but like they say, it's always darkest before the dawn,
Because if the devil was able to roam forever and ever, there wouldn't be any one left to eat. No flesh would survive.

And you know, you can expand that to the seasons too, Short days of Winter, Long days of Summer. Long nights of winter, short nights of summer.
Or you can narrow it down to day by day. Sunset and sunrise.
God left us lots and lots of signs and what to look for when it comes to good and evil. You just have to look for it.

You ever hear the phrase.. Hey you airhead... what you got no brains in there?
Funny how we can speak the truth without even realizing we're doing it ..lol

When you get right down to the nitty gritty, It is my belief that Satan sits on the seat of your mind until you
either boot him off and give the seat to Christ, or you die.
And then the devil goes looking for someone else's brain/seat to sit in.. and pick on like a vulture eating a dead carcass.

That wasn't a very nice thought..ugh
But true.
He'll pick your brains alright.

I have a nice one..
When you finally run the race and won the war
There will be only light, darkness no more.

you made that up..
I did :)

HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Steward and the Son.

Gen 15:2 And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this
Eliezer of Damascus?
Gen 15:3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.

Do you suppose Abraham, a rich man and full of faith, would entrust a man with all his goods and all his counsel,
to a steward of his house, that was to become heir of all that he possessed, If he thought he was unworthy or unfaithful?
Did Abraham trust Eliezer?
And did Eliezer ever get rewarded for being a good and faithful servant, to his Master Abraham?
Did Abraham, seeing he had no child consider Eliezer as an adopted son.. ?

The Steward:
Jhn 7:35 Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?
Act 9:3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
Act 22:12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there,
Act 22:13 Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him.
Act 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
Act 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
Act 9:15
But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
1Co 4:2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
1Co 4:1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.
Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
Eph 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
Act 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

The Son:
Gen 15:4 And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.
Gen 15:5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
Mar 1:1
The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;
Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Rom 4:16
Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Abraham had it in his heart to leave everything to his steward, seeing he had no child of his own. Except his next of kin.

Gen 14:14 And when Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his trained servants, born in his own house, three hundred and eighteen, and pursued them unto Dan.

The Kinsman statute of the law:
Num 27:8 And thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a man die, and have no son, then ye shall cause his inheritance to pass unto his daughter.
Num 27:9 And if he have no daughter, then ye shall give his inheritance unto his brethren.
Num 27:10 And if he have no brethren, then ye shall give his inheritance unto his father's brethren.
Num 27:11 And if his father have no brethren, then ye shall give his inheritance unto his kinsman that is next to him of his family, and he shall possess it: and it shall be unto the children of Israel a statute of judgment, as the LORD commanded Moses.

Gen 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

How did Abraham know what these were before Moses gave them to Israel?

The House of Abraham
Isaac, Ishmael, Eliezer
The Promised, The Lost Sheep, and the Steward
Son of God, 12 Disciples, Paul
Jesus, Jews, Gentiles

Psa 82:5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

What are the foundations?

HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Ch 27:1 Now the children of Israel after their number, to wit, the chief fathers and captains of thousands and hundreds, and their officers that served the king in any matter of the courses, which came in and went out month by month throughout all the months of the year, of every course were twenty and four thousand.

1Ch 27:2 Over the first course for the first month was Jashobeam the son of Zabdiel: and in his course were twenty and four thousand.
Jashobeam = "the people will return"

1Ch 27:4 And over the course of the second month was Dodai an Ahohite, and of his course was Mikloth also the ruler: in his course likewise were twenty and four thousand.
Dodai = "loving" or "amorous"

1Ch 27:5 The third captain of the host for the third month was Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, a chief priest: and in his course were twenty and four thousand.
Benaiah = "Jehovah has built" or "Yahweh has built up"

1Ch 27:7 The fourth captain for the fourth month was Asahel the brother of Joab, and Zebadiah his son after him: and in his course were twenty and four thousand.
Asahel = "God-made"

1Ch 27:8 The fifth captain for the fifth month was Shamhuth the Izrahite: and in his course were twenty and four thousand.
Shamhuth = "desolation"

1Ch 27:9 The sixth captain for the sixth month was Ira the son of Ikkesh the Tekoite: and in his course were twenty and four thousand.
Ira = "watchful of a city"

1Ch 27:10 The seventh captain for the seventh month was Helez the Pelonite, of the children of Ephraim: and in his course were twenty and four thousand.
Helez = "he has saved"

1Ch 27:11 The eighth captain for the eighth month was Sibbecai the Hushathite, of the Zarhites: and in his course were twenty and four thousand.
Sibbecai or Sibbechai = "weaver"

1Ch 27:12 The ninth captain for the ninth month was Abiezer the Anetothite, of the Benjamites: and in his course were twenty and four thousand.
Abiezer = "my father is help"

1Ch 27:13 The tenth captain for the tenth month was Maharai the Netophathite, of the Zarhites: and in his course were twenty and four thousand.
Maharai = "impetuous"

1Ch 27:14 The eleventh captain for the eleventh month was Benaiah the Pirathonite, of the children of Ephraim: and in his course were twenty and four thousand.
Benaiah = "Jehovah has built" or "Yahweh has built up"

1Ch 27:15 The twelfth captain for the twelfth month was Heldai the Netophathite, of Othniel: and in his course were twenty and four thousand.
Heldai = "worldly"

24000 x 12 = 288,000

Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Luk 17:36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

288,000 / 2 = 144,000

Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
Rev 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Ch 2:1 These are the sons of Israel; Reuben, Simeon, Levi, and Judah, Issachar, and Zebulun,
1Ch 2:2 Dan, Joseph, and Benjamin, Naphtali, Gad, and Asher.

Gen 48:1 And it came to pass after these things, that one told Joseph, Behold, thy father is sick: and he took with him his two sons, Manasseh and Ephraim.
Gen 48:5 And now thy two sons, Ephraim and Manasseh, which were born unto thee in the land of Egypt before I came unto thee into Egypt, are mine; as Reuben and Simeon, they shall be mine.

1Ch 27:16 Furthermore over the tribes of Israel: the ruler of the Reubenites was Eliezer the son of Zichri: of the Simeonites, Shephatiah the son of Maachah:
1Ch 27:17 Of the Levites, Hashabiah the son of Kemuel: of the Aaronites, Zadok:
1Ch 27:18 Of Judah, Elihu, one of the brethren of David: of Issachar, Omri the son of Michael:
1Ch 27:19 Of Zebulun, Ishmaiah the son of Obadiah: of Naphtali, Jerimoth the son of Azriel:
1Ch 27:20 Of the children of Ephraim, Hoshea the son of Azaziah: of the half tribe of Manasseh, Joel the son of Pedaiah:
1Ch 27:21 Of the half tribe of Manasseh in Gilead, Iddo the son of Zechariah: of Benjamin, Jaasiel the son of Abner:
1Ch 27:22 Of Dan, Azareel the son of Jeroham. These were the princes of the tribes of Israel.

Deu 33:24 And of Asher he said, Let Asher be blessed with children; let him be acceptable to his brethren, and let him dip his foot in oil.
Gen 49:19 Gad, a troop shall overcome him: but he shall overcome at the last.

Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
Rev 7:5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

Gen 49:16 Dan shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel.
Gen 49:17 Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward.
Deu 33:22 And of Dan he said, Dan is a lion's whelp: he shall leap from Bashan.
Eze 27:19 Dan also and Javan going to and fro occupied in thy fairs: bright iron, cassia, and calamus, were in thy market.
Amo 8:14 They that swear by the sin of Samaria, and say, Thy god, O Dan, liveth; and, The manner of Beersheba liveth; even they shall fall, and never rise up again.

Aaronites:
2Ch 24:20 And the Spirit of God came upon Zechariah the son of Jehoiada the priest, which stood above the people, and said unto them, Thus saith God, Why transgress ye the commandments of the LORD, that ye cannot prosper? because ye have forsaken the LORD, he hath also forsaken you.

Zadok:
Eze 44:15 But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, that kept the charge of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister unto me, and they shall stand before me to offer unto me the fat and the blood, saith the Lord GOD:
Zadok = "righteous"
Gen 14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

Psa 110:4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
Melchizedek = "my king is Sedek"
king of Salem and priest of the Most High God to whom Abram paid tithe after the battle he fought to free Lot; 'the order of Melchizedek' the order of the priesthood to which Christ belongs

2Sa 15:27 The king said also unto Zadok the priest, Art not thou a seer? return into the city in peace, and your two sons with you, Ahimaaz thy son, and Jonathan the son of Abiathar.

1Ch 16:39 And Zadok the priest, and his brethren the priests, before the tabernacle of the LORD in the high place that was at Gibeon,

2Ch 31:10 And Azariah the chief priest of the house of Zadok answered him, and said, Since the people began to bring the offerings into the house of the LORD, we have had enough to eat, and have left plenty: for the LORD hath blessed his people; and that which is left is this great store.
Gen 14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

Salem = "peace"
the place of which Melchizedek was king

Reactions: amadeus