The Crucified Flesh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us remember GOD dont call sins HOLY . As i am sure you know .
SO if we think holding and supporting a dark rainbow means we are holy and walking in love .
YEah , I got bad news . We are decieved and have bought a lie and a false love .
IF we hold to the banner that all religions serve the same GOD we do
I got bad news , ITS A LIE , peroid .
Just calling a spade a spade .
You have a very weird definition of "a spade"!

Where do you see "a dark rainbow"? I didn't even know there was such a things, as rainbows separate light inot prismatic colors.

Not all religions serve the same God as we do, but Judaism and Islam both do.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You have a very weird definition of "a spade"!

Where do you see "a dark rainbow"? I didn't even know there was such a things, as rainbows separate light inot prismatic colors.

Not all religions serve the same God as we do, but Judaism and Islam both do.
@Jim B for some strange reason @amigo de christo just "irks" you-iron sharpens iron.

Tell me-are you familiar with the Quran?-if yes, how can you claim the Sunni's worship the same YHVH as Judaism?

If you are prepared, and make time to give this a listen-from verifiable resources-ask me-and I will gladly share links.

Allah-from the Babylonian Moon-god-give this a listen.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some take it to refer to an empowering experience after salvation, a kind of second blessing. Personally I think it refers to becoming a Christian (cf. 1 Cor. 12:13; this is theologically parallel to "born of the Spirit" in John 3:5-6). I do not deny later and repeatable fillings and equippings (cf. Acts 2:4; 4:8,31; Eph. 5:18), but I believe there is only one initial spiritual baptism into Christ in which believers identify with Jesus' death and resurrection (cf. Rom. 6:3-4; Eph. 4:5; Col. 2:12). This initiating work of the Spirit is delineated in John 16:8-11. In my understanding the works of the Holy Spirit are:
That's how I see this.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jim B for some strange reason @amigo de christo just "irks" you-iron sharpens iron.

Tell me-are you familiar with the Quran?-if yes, how can you claim the Sunni's worship the same YHVH as Judaism?

If you are prepared, and make time to give this a listen-from verifiable resources-ask me-and I will gladly share links.

Allah-from the Babylonian Moon-god-give this a listen.
Same jim b claims muslims worship the same GOD we do . yet i say ONE MUST BELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS .
Find it not odd that i irk jim B . He aint the only one who has called me a devil for not compromising
the one true faith either . MANY have .
Marvel not my friend . Many who thought they knew GOD also persecuted JESUS
and believed not on HIM .
Many will also think that when they persecute us , they are doing the will o GOD .
And yet , I point to ONE NAME ALONE . But that my friend is WHY i am persecuted .
MANY like the ideal of this other jesus , many like and embrace the idea of this other gospel .
NIETHER OF WHICH WILL SAVE THEM but RATHER WILL CONDEMN them .
Progessivism is of the devil . As is its new age , yet not so NEW , religion of inclusivity of all paths .
It aint new at all . Satan cometh for one reason . And though he preaches of love and tolerance
beware his love . FOR IT accepts sins and other paths as valid . And its tolerance is very broad indeed .
For it accepts many sins and many paths . BUT one thing it hates above all . ABSOLUTE UNCHANGING
UNADULTERATED TRUTH OF GOD and those who live it and speak it .

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spirit baptism @marks -a cursory reading through these scripture references and it is clear the baptism of the Spirit is Imperative.
1 Corinthians 12:13
13 For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.

Bible Gateway

Acts 2:38
2:1 When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place. 2 And suddenly there came from heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. 3 And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested on each one of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance.

5 Now there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men from every nation under heaven. 6 And at this sound the multitude came together, and they were bewildered, because each one was hearing them speak in his own language. 7 And they were amazed and astonished, saying, “Are not all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 And how is it that we hear, each of us in his own native language? 9 Parthians and Medes and Elamites and residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya belonging to Cyrene, and visitors from Rome, 11 both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians—we hear them telling in our own tongues the mighty works of God.” 12 And all were amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “What does this mean?” 13 But others mocking said, “They are filled with new wine.”

14 But Peter, standing with the eleven, lifted up his voice and addressed them: “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and give ear to my words. 15 For these people are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. 16 But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel:

17 “‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares,
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,

and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
and your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams;
18 even on my male servants and female servants
in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy.
19 And I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke;
20 the sun shall be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood,
before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day.
21 And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’

22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know—23 this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men. 24 God raised him up, loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it. 25 For David says concerning him,

“‘I saw the Lord always before me,
for he is at my right hand that I may not be shaken;
26 therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced;
my flesh also will dwell in hope.
27 For you will not abandon my soul to Hades,
or let your Holy One see corruption.
28 You have made known to me the paths of life;
you will make me full of gladness with your presence.’

29 “Brothers, I may say to you with confidence about the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants on his throne, 31 he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. 33 Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing. 34 For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says,

Acts 1:8
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Luke 3:16
16 John answered them all, saying, “I baptize you with water, but he who is mightier than I is coming, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Bible Gateway

Acts 4:31
31 And when they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness.

Mark 1:8
8 I have baptized you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”

Romans 8:9
9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

Ephesians 4:5
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Great job with baptism of the spirit and here are some more in support.

Acts 19 does not teach that these disciples received the Spirit when they were water baptized, but when Paul laid his hands on them.

Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

This was shown earlier in the book of Acts and the story of Simon the sorcerer.

Acts 8:15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. )
17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

Verse 16 shows these believers did NOT receive the Spirit as a result of being water baptized. Verses 17, 18, and 19 ALL show that they received the Spirit as a result of the apostle's laying their hands on these believers.

Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 Cor 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Does this say we are baptized by water into the body of Christ as some wrongly teach ? NOPE.

Mar 1:8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

Did John the Baptist say Jesus would baptized us with water? NOPE, he said he would baptize us with the Holy Ghost.

Acts 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Did Jesus tell his disciples they would be baptized with water? NOPE, he told them they would be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Acts 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Did Cornelius and his family receive the Holy Ghost as a result of water baptism? NOPE they received the Holy Spirit when they BELIEVED the gospel, and were water baptized afterwards.

Acts 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

Was Peter speaking of water baptism here? NOPE, he says when Cornelius and his family received the Holy Spirit, he remembered that John had said "but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost".

And then Peter shows that the more than 3000 Jews who saved on Pentecost received the Spirit in the exact same manner as Cornelius and his family, when they BELIEVED. They were water baptized afterwards. Pentecost was what John and Jesus taught would happen with the baptism of the spirit which occurs at salvation and not some second blessing as many wrongly teach and mishandle the word of God.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: marks and Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Same jim b claims muslims worship the same GOD we do . yet i say ONE MUST BELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS .
Find it not odd that i irk jim B . He aint the only one who has called me a devil for not compromising
the one true faith either . MANY have .
Marvel not my friend . Many who thought they knew GOD also persecuted JESUS
and believed not on HIM .
Many will also think that when they persecute us , they are doing the will o GOD .
And yet , I point to ONE NAME ALONE . But that my friend is WHY i am persecuted .
MANY like the ideal of this other jesus , many like and embrace the idea of this other gospel .
NIETHER OF WHICH WILL SAVE THEM but RATHER WILL CONDEMN them .
Progessivism is of the devil . As is its new age , yet not so NEW , religion of inclusivity of all paths .
It aint new at all . Satan cometh for one reason . And though he preaches of love and tolerance
beware his love . FOR IT accepts sins and other paths as valid . And its tolerance is very broad indeed .
For it accepts many sins and many paths . BUT one thing it hates above all . ABSOLUTE UNCHANGING
UNADULTERATED TRUTH OF GOD and those who live it and speak it .
Well said my brother-while we have freedom of speech, let us make the most of this opportunity-the proclamation of our risen Lord and great God, Jesus Christ-Him crucified, Him resurrected.
Jesus's Deity is under attack as well-just a "created being"-"a mere prophet"

Behold!-we are going to give an account of how we represented our Lord Christ Jesus on a public Forum.
Shalom my brother.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said my brother-while we have freedom of speech, let us make the most of this opportunity-the proclamation of our risen Lord and great God, Jesus Christ-Him crucified, Him resurrected.
Jesus's Deity is under attack as well-just a "created being"-"a mere prophet"

Behold!-we are going to give an account of how we represented our Lord Christ Jesus on a public Forum.
Shalom my brother.
And the gospel which at its core is the bodily Resurrection. If Christ be not risen from the dead then ones faith is in vain and you are still left dead in your sins. A false gospel/christ leaves one dead in their sins.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
And the gospel which at its core is the bodily Resurrection. If Christ be not risen from the dead then ones faith is in vain and you are still left dead in your sins. A false gospel/christ leaves one dead in their sins.
Thank you my brother-yes, the core doctrine of the bodily resurrection of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, worthy to be worshipped!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can I ask what you mean when you say separates us from God?

My belief, a Born again can never be spiritually separated from God, as we have the indwelling Holy Spirit, who resides in our hearts/ spirits...we have been birthed in the Spirit./ born again.

1 John 4:7-21​

New International Version​

God’s Love and Ours​

7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved usand sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
13 This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 17 This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. 18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
19 We love because he first loved us. 20 Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. 21 And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

The Spirit of God is Love, we receive that Love when we are born from above...
And God’s word says.

Romans 8:38-39​

38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Maybe I have misunderstood your post, hopefully you will confirm,Lizbeth.
I was talking about the fallen state of mankind in general: "We all like sheep have gone astray, everyone to his own way"....independent of God, thus separated from Him. But being born again of the Spirit brings us back into union with the Lord....in submission to Him and going HIS way and no longer our own way. As Jesus prayed to the Father, "nevertheless not my will but thy will be done".

Whether it's possible for a born again believer to fall away or be cut off.....I believe scripture warns us that it is possible, though as the word also says, a three fold cord (covenant) is not easily broken. The glory departed Israel because of her backsliding and apostasy....and these things happened to them for our ensample. Here is one such warning:

Rom 11:19-22

Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah and marks

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Whether it's possible for a born again believer to fall away or be cut off.....I believe scripture warns us that it is possible, though as the word also says, a three fold cord (covenant) is not easily broken. The glory departed Israel because of her backsliding and apostasy....and these things happened to them for our ensample. Here is one such warning:
Interesting.....I believe that who ever the Father gives to the Son, he will never lose one of them....that’s my interpretation of this scripture.

John 6:39
Context Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

New Living Translation
And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them up at the last day.

English Standard Version
And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day.

• Love

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Thank you my brother-yes, the core doctrine of the bodily resurrection of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, worthy to be worshipped!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Interesting.....I believe that who ever the Father gives to the Son, he will never lose one of them....that’s my interpretation of this scripture.

And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

New Living Translation
And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them up at the last day.

English Standard Version
And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day.
Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Like you, I firmly believe in once saved-always saved, based on your Scripture references and mine.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Like you, I firmly believe in once saved-always saved, based on your Scripture references and mine.
A BIG AMEN to that Brother....Praise God!

• Love

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was talking about the fallen state of mankind in general: "We all like sheep have gone astray, everyone to his own way"....independent of God, thus separated from Him. But being born again of the Spirit brings us back into union with the Lord....in submission to Him and going HIS way and no longer our own way. As Jesus prayed to the Father, "nevertheless not my will but thy will be done".

Rom 11:19-22

Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Amen my sister.
If it WERE NOT POSSIBLE, there would be NO WARNING to take heed, guard your faith, stand fast, do not look back, & PRESS IN / ONWARD!

APOSTASY; the falling away has to have BEEN a PART OF, to fall away from.

Eternal security is ONLY received @ death to those who have died in the faith.......believing in the DBR of Christ & daily living / walking in the Spirit with power in the word!

Correctly quoted as " lost none the Father has given me, except the son of perdition that thy will be done" is in REFERENCE TO THE 12 APOSTLES!

The word must be rightly divided by the study of the context, by whom was speaking to whom, & in the guidance of the Spirit.

Shallow faith / belief is in the ones who HOLD TO THEIR OWN GOSPEL INTERPRETATION, follow another gospel by others interpretations or surface believe by copy / pasting what sounds good to itching ears & hearts !

BE SOBER, BE VIGILANT, AWAKE, AWARE, FULLY ARMOURED ECT are warnings to those of the FAITH not those who walk in the darkness.

Pity is those in the dark are deceived by the father of lies, a disguised angel of light, making the lies appear to be truth. Straight is the gate, NARROW is the way; Jesus is the ONLY WAY !

Reactions: Lizbeth

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Shallow faith / belief is in the ones who HOLD TO THEIR OWN GOSPEL INTERPRETATION, follow another gospel by others interpretations or surface believe by copy / pasting what sounds good to itching ears & hearts !
IE-selective commentaries and interpretations holding to once saved always saved?

John 10:28-29
and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

Only to the Apostles? Or disciples?

1 John 5:13
Verse Concepts
These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

John 3:16

Verse Concepts
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Romans 5:1

Verse Concepts
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Romans 8:31-39

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? Who will bring a charge against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies;read more.

Ephesians 1:13-14

In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory.

Hebrews 6:18-20

so that by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have taken refuge would have strong encouragement to take hold of the hope set before us. This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil, where Jesus has entered as a forerunner for us, having become a high priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.

John 3:3
Verse Concepts

Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

2 Corinthians 5:17
Verse Concepts
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

Hebrews 13:5
Verse Concepts
Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, “I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,”

1 Peter 1:5
Verse Concepts
who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Psalm 97:10
Verse Concepts
Hate evil, you who love the Lord,
Who preserves the souls of His godly ones;
He delivers them from the hand of the wicked.

John 10:28
Verse Concepts
and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

Only to the disciples?

Hebrews 7:25

Verse Concepts
Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

John 10:29
Verse Concepts
My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

Ephesians 4:30

Verse Concepts
Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Verse Concepts
This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.

Look Ma, no "commentary and heteros interpretations" and solidifies what I believe to be true-Once saved, always saved-thus cannot be "unsaved" whilst sealed with the Holy Spirit.

--and yes, I concur with Scripture references you have posted-once sealed-a covenant-beholden by YHVH with a high hand-how is it POSSIBLE for that believer to become an "un-believer?"-or "Un-sealed"

How do you read the Scriptures? That we may KNOW-that we have life eternal? The Spirit co-witnessing all the time with OUR spirits that WE are teknoi of the living
YHVH?

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Be prepared to be "challenged" for believing that.

John 10

The Good Shepherd and His Sheep​

10 “Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” 6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.
7 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a] They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. 13 The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.
14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”
19 The Jews who heard these words were again divided. 20 Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad.Why listen to him?”
21 But others said, “These are not the sayings of a man possessed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”

Further Conflict Over Jesus’ Claims​

22 Then came the Festival of Dedication[b] at Jerusalem. It was winter, 23 and Jesus was in the temple courts walking in Solomon’s Colonnade. 24 The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”
25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”
31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”
33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’[d]? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very ownand sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.
40 Then Jesus went back across the Jordan to the place where John had been baptizing in the early days. There he stayed,41 and many people came to him. They said, “Though John never performed a sign, all that John said about this man was true.” 42 And in that place many believed in Jesus.
E​
Romans 16:17

I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.

• Love
Reactions: Johann

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I likewise fully agree!

Colossians 3:1-4 KJV
1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

If you've been raised with Him, this means you've died with Him, and that you will appear with Him in Glory.

1 John 3:1-3 KJV
1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

If we are His children now, when we see Jesus, we will be like Jesus.

Philippians 3:20-21 KJV
20) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21) Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

If you are a citizen of heaven, Jesus will change "the body of our humiliation" to be like His glorious body.

Ephesians 4:30 KJV
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

The Holy Spirit is God's seal of ownership of us, preserving His claim upon us until the day He claims His possession.

1 Peter 1:3-5 KJV
3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4) To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

God is Who keeps us by His power, having assured us an incorruptible inheritance, reserved for us, this based on Jesus' resurrection from the dead, an accomplished fact, outside of ourselves.

Romans 5:18 KJV
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Romans 5:18 LITV
So then, as through one deviation it was toward all men to condemnation, so also through one righteous act toward all men to justification of life.

Romans 5:18 EMTV
Therefore, as through one man's offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man's righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

2 Corinthians 5:18-19 KJV
18) And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19) To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

God reconciled the world to Himself quite apart from us. We receive a reconciliation obtained on our behalf by Jesus, through His death, "one man's righteous act", and His resurrection.

This was accomplished having nothing to do with how good or bad anyone is, God did this for the world through Jesus, and we simply receive or we don't.

Romans 5:10-11 LITV
10) For if while being enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life;
11) and not only so, but also glorying in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we now received the reconciliation.

God reconciled sinners to Himself, not because they were righteous, they were unrighteous. All of us! We've received a free gift reconciliation to God, and having received the reconciliation, having received Jesus, are are born into His family.

If we were reconciled to God even being His enemy, even before receiving that reconciliation, and now, having received, we are His very children, how much better relationship do we have with our Creator? Infinitely better, it's through Jesus Christ, the Son of God Himself!

Much love!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

John 10​

The Good Shepherd and His Sheep​

10 “Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” 6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.
7 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a] They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. 13 The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.
14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”
19 The Jews who heard these words were again divided. 20 Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad.Why listen to him?”
21 But others said, “These are not the sayings of a man possessed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”

Further Conflict Over Jesus’ Claims​

22 Then came the Festival of Dedication[b] at Jerusalem. It was winter, 23 and Jesus was in the temple courts walking in Solomon’s Colonnade. 24 The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”
25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”
31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”
33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’[d]? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very ownand sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.
40 Then Jesus went back across the Jordan to the place where John had been baptizing in the early days. There he stayed,41 and many people came to him. They said, “Though John never performed a sign, all that John said about this man was true.” 42 And in that place many believed in Jesus.

I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.
Told you, be prepared for a challenge-I cannot perceive of the idea that once a believer is saved by a mighty ACT of God in Christ-dia the Ruach HaKodesh-to be later on "UN_SEALED"--it is a COVENANT relationship we have in Christ, sometimes we may "wander off the path" so what? Does that make us unbelievers?!

Stay strong and rooted IN Christ beloved sister-see-no "commentary or copy-and-paste" whilst the others are doing the very same thing!

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I likewise fully agree!

Colossians 3:1-4 KJV
1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

If you've been raised with Him, this means you've died with Him, and that you will appear with Him in Glory.

1 John 3:1-3 KJV
1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

If we are His children now, when we see Jesus, we will be like Jesus.

Philippians 3:20-21 KJV
20) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21) Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

If you are a citizen of heaven, Jesus will change "the body of our humiliation" to be like His glorious body.

Ephesians 4:30 KJV
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

The Holy Spirit is God's seal of ownership of us, preserving His claim upon us until the day He claims His possession.

1 Peter 1:3-5 KJV
3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4) To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

God is Who keeps us by His power, having assured us an incorruptible inheritance, reserved for us, this based on Jesus' resurrection from the dead, an accomplished fact, outside of ourselves.

Romans 5:18 KJV
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Romans 5:18 LITV
So then, as through one deviation it was toward all men to condemnation, so also through one righteous act toward all men to justification of life.

Romans 5:18 EMTV
Therefore, as through one man's offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man's righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

2 Corinthians 5:18-19 KJV
18) And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19) To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

God reconciled the world to Himself quite apart from us. We receive a reconciliation obtained on our behalf by Jesus, through His death, "one man's righteous act", and His resurrection.

This was accomplished having nothing to do with how good or bad anyone is, God did this for the world through Jesus, and we simply receive or we don't.

Romans 5:10-11 LITV
10) For if while being enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life;
11) and not only so, but also glorying in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we now received the reconciliation.

God reconciled sinners to Himself, not because they were righteous, they were unrighteous. All of us! We've received a free gift reconciliation to God, and having received the reconciliation, having received Jesus, are are born into His family.

If we were reconciled to God even being His enemy, even before receiving that reconciliation, and now, having received, we are His very children, how much better relationship do we have with our Creator? Infinitely better, it's through Jesus Christ, the Son of God Himself!

Much love!
Powerful, powerful Scriptures dear brother! Just what I needed at my "low moment"