The Crucified Flesh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also I wonder if there is a double message where it talks about not causing our brother to stumble because of the "meat" we are eating. We shouldn't try to force feed things to 'younger' believers who aren't ready for strong meat yet. For example, where it says, "I have more things to say to you but you cannot bear them now."
I think that even if he didn't mean it as a layered message, the application is still there. Be sensitive to the faith of a weaker brother or sister, so as to not harm them. Just like mom gradually introduces solid foods, we need to know the Spirit's leading on how He wants to go about our edifying others.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's get this thread going--and correct errors in what I post-doing a study on Rom 6.

Yes, I agree, that's where to start.

Romans 6:3-6 KJV

3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Our old man is crucified with Christ, provided we've been baptized into Jesus Christ. What does it mean to be baptized into Christ? How does that happen?

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Our old man is crucified with Christ, provided we've been baptized into Jesus Christ. What does it mean to be baptized into Christ? How does that happen?
Hello Marks, hope you don’t mind me answering this question.

When we are birthed in the Spirit, it’s a supernatural birth that only God can do through the Holy Spirit, it can’t really be explained...I can only say, it’s a living spiritual birth, between God and his new babe in Christ ....it’s like a bolt of lightning....much more to it than that though.

Here is another way of trying to explain the living birth.in Gods Word.....His Holy Spirit speaks to our spirit, mind blowing and pretty unbelievable...that’s how it was for me ...that was 30 yrs ago...God’s word is so gentle yet oh so powerful...when he speaks to the heart of his child ,through the Holy Spirit.

Can you even imagine what it will be like when we meet him face to face!....

Romans 8:16
Context Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

New Living Translation
For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children.

English Standard Version
The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Berean Standard Bible
The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

Berean Literal Bible
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice Jesus will share with them from His cup. This included John, who, according to tradition, did not die a martyr's death. Though also according to tradition, they tried to kill him but he didn't die.

Much love!
He suffered and lived and did not die a martyr but they tried to kill him see below from Got ?

We know that the apostle John was exiled for his faith late in life (Revelation 1:9). The Bible does not give us details on how the apostle John died, but tradition gives us a few theories.

The most plausible theory of John’s death states that John was arrested in Ephesus and faced martyrdom when his enemies threw him in a huge basin of boiling oil. However, according to the tradition, John was miraculously delivered from death. The authorities then sentenced John to slave labor in the mines of Patmos. On this island in the southern part of the Aegean Sea, John had a vision of Jesus Christ and wrote the prophetic book of Revelation. The apostle John was later freed, possibly due to old age, and he returned to what is now Turkey. He died as an old man sometime after AD 98, the only apostle to die peacefully.

Another theory concerning John’s death is associated with a second-century bishop named Papias of Hierapolis. According to one commentary on Papias’s writings, John was killed by a group of Jewish men. However, many historians believe Papias was misquoted or misread and doubt the credibility of this theory.

There is also a legend that says John did not die but rather ascended straight to heaven like Enoch and Elijah. There is no biblical evidence to lend validity to this story.

Ultimately, it is not essential to know how the apostle John died. What is important is the fact that he was not ashamed of Christ (see Luke 9:26) and was willing to die for his faith. A man will not die for something he knows to be a lie. John knew the truth that Jesus had been resurrected, and he was willing to die rather than to renounce his faith in his Savior.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes, I agree, that's where to start.

Romans 6:3-6 KJV

3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Much love!
A. Questions and debate about water baptism

Few subjects have unified (and disunified!) the Church as much as water-baptism. The following debate questions are furnished to spur fruitful debate for greater understanding and Scripture-based unity.

The reason why I don't want to debate water baptism @marks --I was water baptized.

Key questions: Is baptism necessary for salvation? Who can baptize? Is infant baptism scriptural? Should baptism be done by immersion? What is the relationship between water baptism and baptism in the Holy Spirit?

∙ Is baptism necessary for salvation?
We are not saved by grace plus anything else – including water-baptism!

Eph 2:8,9: "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast" (NASB).

Reflection: The Bible is its own best commentary! See for example how 1 Pet 1:23 clarifies Eph 5:26.

Eph 5:26: "So that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word" (NASB).

1 Pet 1:23: "For you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God" (NASB).

1Pe 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

Rom_10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom_10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Shalom brother-good to hear from you.
Johann.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For me the answer is yes, but not water, rather, a spiritual baptism into Jesus Christ. I think water baptism pictures the spiritual reality.
Amen!...we are birthed in the Spirit / spiritual baptism first, then I believe water baptism is an act of obedience to the word of God.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
For me the answer is yes, but not water, rather, a spiritual baptism into Jesus Christ. I think water baptism pictures the spiritual reality.

Have to go for the moment, more later Lord willing!

Much love!
See what I mean? Water-not water-spiritual.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
266/hamartia ("sin") includes any thought or action that is "not of faith" (Ro 14:23), i.e. is self-prompted and self-energized. Sin (singular) is the choice to be independent from the Lord, following self rather than God. This shows itself in sins.
Amen! I wonder if we could say that separation from God = independence from Him...? Going our own way separates us from God.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He suffered and lived and did not die a martyr but they tried to kill him see below from Got ?

We know that the apostle John was exiled for his faith late in life (Revelation 1:9). The Bible does not give us details on how the apostle John died, but tradition gives us a few theories.

The most plausible theory of John’s death states that John was arrested in Ephesus and faced martyrdom when his enemies threw him in a huge basin of boiling oil. However, according to the tradition, John was miraculously delivered from death. The authorities then sentenced John to slave labor in the mines of Patmos. On this island in the southern part of the Aegean Sea, John had a vision of Jesus Christ and wrote the prophetic book of Revelation. The apostle John was later freed, possibly due to old age, and he returned to what is now Turkey. He died as an old man sometime after AD 98, the only apostle to die peacefully.

Another theory concerning John’s death is associated with a second-century bishop named Papias of Hierapolis. According to one commentary on Papias’s writings, John was killed by a group of Jewish men. However, many historians believe Papias was misquoted or misread and doubt the credibility of this theory.

There is also a legend that says John did not die but rather ascended straight to heaven like Enoch and Elijah. There is no biblical evidence to lend validity to this story.

Ultimately, it is not essential to know how the apostle John died. What is important is the fact that he was not ashamed of Christ (see Luke 9:26) and was willing to die for his faith. A man will not die for something he knows to be a lie. John knew the truth that Jesus had been resurrected, and he was willing to die rather than to renounce his faith in his Savior.
persecutions for Christ are not a theory . as you KNOW my friend . Times will get much worse and fast too .
Many lambs through all ages have suffered for Christ . Many even being tormented and killed .
But they all sleep in Christ now . Lambs through all ages are persecuted in one form or another for Christ .
Times will get worse . No fear of man , no fear to suffer , no fear of death .
See all loss , all suffering , even death for HIM as only GAIN . This all inclusive lovey dovey world and religoin
is about to show its true heart . Rage against the lambs who conformed not to the lie of the delusion of all inclusion .
Fear it not . Conform not one bit in their direction . preach JESUS and all sound doctrine . HE ALONE IS THE ONLY HOPE
the only NAME whereby one may be saved . Hold firm to the one and only orginal CHRIST GIVEN
and later apostel taught gospel . For many teach another gospel , another jesus , neither of which can save them
nor anyone who heeds their lie .

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 5:22-26 KJV
22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24) And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25) If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26) Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Romans 8:9-10 KJV
9) But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10) And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

If the Spirit lives in you, you are in the Spirit.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Much love!
And that is full baptism

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
See what I mean? Water-not water-spiritual.
Spirit baptism @marks -a cursory reading through these scripture references and it is clear the baptism of the Spirit is Imperative.
1 Corinthians 12:13
13 For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.

Bible Gateway

Acts 2:38
2:1 When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place. 2 And suddenly there came from heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. 3 And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested on each one of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance.

5 Now there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men from every nation under heaven. 6 And at this sound the multitude came together, and they were bewildered, because each one was hearing them speak in his own language. 7 And they were amazed and astonished, saying, “Are not all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 And how is it that we hear, each of us in his own native language? 9 Parthians and Medes and Elamites and residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya belonging to Cyrene, and visitors from Rome, 11 both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians—we hear them telling in our own tongues the mighty works of God.” 12 And all were amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “What does this mean?” 13 But others mocking said, “They are filled with new wine.”

14 But Peter, standing with the eleven, lifted up his voice and addressed them: “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and give ear to my words. 15 For these people are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. 16 But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel:

17 “‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares,
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,

and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
and your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams;
18 even on my male servants and female servants
in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy.
19 And I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke;
20 the sun shall be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood,
before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day.
21 And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’

22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know—23 this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men. 24 God raised him up, loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it. 25 For David says concerning him,

“‘I saw the Lord always before me,
for he is at my right hand that I may not be shaken;
26 therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced;
my flesh also will dwell in hope.
27 For you will not abandon my soul to Hades,
or let your Holy One see corruption.
28 You have made known to me the paths of life;
you will make me full of gladness with your presence.’

29 “Brothers, I may say to you with confidence about the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants on his throne, 31 he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. 33 Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing. 34 For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says,

“‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at my right hand,
35 until I make your enemies your footstool.”’

36 Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”

37 Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” 38 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.” 40 And with many other words he bore witness and continued to exhort them, saying, “Save yourselves from this crooked generation.” 41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.

42 And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. 43 And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. 44 And all who believed were together and had all things in common. 45 And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. 46 And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.

Bible Gateway

Acts 1:8
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Bible Gateway

Acts 1:5
5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”

Bible Gateway

Matthew 3:11
11 “I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Bible Gateway

Luke 3:16
16 John answered them all, saying, “I baptize you with water, but he who is mightier than I is coming, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Bible Gateway

Acts 4:31
31 And when they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness.

Bible Gateway

1 Peter 3:21
21 Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Bible Gateway

John 3:5
5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Bible Gateway

Galatians 3:27
27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Bible Gateway

Acts 2:4
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Bible Gateway

Acts 2:1-47
Bible Gateway

Mark 1:8
8 I have baptized you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”

Bible Gateway

John 1:33
33 I myself did not know him, but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’

Bible Gateway

Luke 11:13
13 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

Bible Gateway

Romans 8:9
9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

Bible Gateway

Acts 2:41
41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.

Bible Gateway

Colossians 2:12
12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.

Bible Gateway

Mark 16:16
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Bible Gateway

Ephesians 4:5
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Have to go for the moment, more later Lord willing!

Much love!
This follows the preaching emphasis of John the Baptist (cf. Matt. 3:2) and Jesus (cf. Matt. 4:17). Repentance seems to be a spiritual key and baptism is an outward expression of this spiritual change. The New Testament knew nothing of unbaptized believers! To the early church baptism was the public profession of faith. It is the occasion for the public confession of faith in Christ, not the mechanism for salvation! It needs to be remembered that baptism is not mentioned in Peter’s second sermon, though repentance is (cf. Acts 3:19; Luke 24:17).

Baptism was an example set by Jesus (cf. Matt. 3:13-18). Baptism was commanded by Jesus (cf. Matt. 28:19). The modern question of the necessity of baptism for salvation is not addressed in the New Testament; all believers are expected to be baptized. However, one must also guard against a sacramental mechanicalism! Salvation is a faith issue, not a right-place, right-words, right-ritual act issue!

BAPTISM OF THE SPIRIT

The first time this phrase is mentioned is in connection to the minnistry of John the Baptist (cf. Matt. 3:11; Mark 1:8; Luke 3:16; John 1:33). It is linked with "fire." Jesus' baptizes with the Holy Spirit and fire, which denotes a cleansing process, as well as an empowering process.

The Messiah will inaugurate the new age of the Spirit (cf. Joel 2:28-32). His baptism will be with (or "in" or "by") the Spirit (i.e., Pentecost, cf. Acts 1:5; 2:1-4).

There has been much discussion among denominations as to what event in the Christian experience this refers.

Some take it to refer to an empowering experience after salvation, a kind of second blessing. Personally I think it refers to becoming a Christian (cf. 1 Cor. 12:13; this is theologically parallel to "born of the Spirit" in John 3:5-6). I do not deny later and repeatable fillings and equippings (cf. Acts 2:4; 4:8,31; Eph. 5:18), but I believe there is only one initial spiritual baptism into Christ in which believers identify with Jesus' death and resurrection (cf. Rom. 6:3-4; Eph. 4:5; Col. 2:12). This initiating work of the Spirit is delineated in John 16:8-11. In my understanding the works of the Holy Spirit are:

1. convicting of sin

2. revealing the truth about Christ

3. leading to acceptance of the gospel

4. baptizing into Christ

5. convicting the believer of continuing sin

6. forming Christlikeness in the believer

It seems to me that the phrase is used of two things.

1. the beginning of the Spirit-empowered church (Acts 1:5)

2. the initial salvation of believers, who are empowered for ministry (1 Cor. 12:13)

Gal 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
Gal 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
Gal 4:23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Gal 4:27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Gen_21:9
after the Spirit: Joh_3:5, Joh_15:9; Rom_8:1, Rom_8:13
even: Gal_5:11, Gal_6:12-14; Mat_23:34-37; 1Th_2:14-15; Heb_10:33-34

God bless
Johann

Last edited:
  • Love

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen! I wonder if we could say that separation from God = independence from Him...? Going our own way separates us from God.
Can I ask what you mean when you say separates us from God?

My belief, a Born again can never be spiritually separated from God, as we have the indwelling Holy Spirit, who resides in our hearts/ spirits...we have been birthed in the Spirit./ born again.

1 John 4:7-21​

New International Version​

God’s Love and Ours​

7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved usand sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
13 This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 17 This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. 18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
19 We love because he first loved us. 20 Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. 21 And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

The Spirit of God is Love, we receive that Love when we are born from above...
And God’s word says.

Romans 8:38-39​

New International Version​

38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Maybe I have misunderstood your post, hopefully you will confirm,Lizbeth.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Absolutely, living a style of life in "independency from God" is indicative of a person who was never regenerated in the first place sister.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely, living a style of life in "independency from God" is indicative of a person who was never regenerated in the first place sister.
Amen!!...that is my belief also...I believe God reinforced his word to me through you, isn’t it amazing how he speaks to us through each other’s spirit, which of course is the Lords Spirit speaking to us through each other...you just know in your spirit that it’s from God.

Of course, I also know that we must test the spirits...

• Love

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Amen!!...that is my belief also...I believe God reinforced his word to me through you, isn’t it amazing how he speaks to us through each other’s spirit, which of course is the Lords Spirit speaking to us through each other...you just know in your spirit that it’s from God.

Of course, I also know that we must test the spirits...
Amen sister- Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.

And you are a tremendous inspiration to me also.

Can two walk together lest they agree?
Can shnayim walk together, except they be agreed?
Shalom
J.