The Crucified Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is a person struggling with how much to share of their life false humility?

And yes, there are a number of people here who like to make boasts in themselves, and I'm very reluctant to join that number.

Yes, well there were only three of us here, discussing the way and our testimony of His dealings with us on the way with each other, NOT boasting in ourselves, and you replied to our conversation that you were not sufficiently provoked to boast in yourself. So, it was quite clear what you thought of our discussion.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, well there were three of us here, discussing the way and our testimony of His dealings with us on the way with each other, NOT boasting in ourselves, and you replied to our conversation that you were not sufficiently provoked to boast in yourself. So, it was quite clear what you thought of our discussion.

Well, my bad! I was trying to refer to Paul's words in the foolishness of boasting to express how I felt. This was in no wise meant as anything against you.

Oh, and I meant, "here" is in on the forum, not this thread. I can see how that could have been misunderstood, and I apologize!

I'm sorry!

Much love!

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its okay Mark. You don't have to apologize. But you need to realize that you walked into a very free conversation between a brother and two sisters who may very well know some things you don't yet. We do talk about doctrine sometimes but more often we talk about the law of the Spirit in us. You then begin to argue that you see it a different way.

Think a little on what we said. Let it percolate that perhaps remaining in Christ might actually mean remaining in trust. That abiding in Him might actually mean remaining in trust.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amazing that God can do so many wonderful things except he can't stop one from smoking cigarettes, yet they have "full truth" and others have "half."

Tell us more of his power and your abiding in him, and how many others have "half the truth."

Unreal the arrogance.

@marks is correct, others are pointing at themselves alright, and blindly. He is exactly right about that.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you know, He did give me some men long dead, through their writings. It was enough. He allowed me them sometimes.

But its a bewildering feeling to lose everything and then have Him, all you have, seem to go silent. You feel...abandoned. And yet, you can't go back to all you had once you see that it is nothing.

For reals Stunned. I can so relate to this. I've heard said once the "If Jesus is all you have, you have all you need" (good bumper sticker, if yer into those)
This gal has been craving true fellowship with those within my Church (local body) but...it just seems that they are, every one of them going their own, busy ways. I DO understand this...to a point. Mom's have to get the kids out of daycare, all the VERY quick hello's, and how ya doin's then...BAM (Bbryd? :) )... the whole place is all empty around you! That is not fellowship to me, at all. I find more fellowship on this forum than I do IRL (Bbryd? :D ). But that is so okay with me as, this particular Christian forum fulfills me, encourages me, admonishes me and teaches me, and yeah, sometimes PO's me. Lol...I get over it MUCH faster now ♥
"But you know, He did give me some men long dead, through their writings. It was enough. "
You mean like money? Dead presidents? Ya know, Franklin, Ulyses Grant??! Ahahaha j/k. Just a little bad humor break.
But, seriously though...
Yep, if we have Him and His living Word...we have it all ♥

Sticking to the post...my belief is that, Jesus laid His life down, of His own accord. He could have ran and hid from his accusers (and He did), even just left the area, but He knew when the time was right, according to The Father. Nobody took His life from Him.
JOHN 10:18

No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father.”
, He was crucified by the hands of others because He knew it was His ultimate purpose for living among us! So, I suppose one could say that He crucified Himself in that sense. Yet...how do we crucify ourselves?? I can't think of any other way than to choose His ways over our own. No matter what the cost or pain. KNOWING that He is so very faithful that, whatever happens...He will mean it for good for "...

John 15:13 "No one has greater love than the one who gives his life for his friends."
Tall order that one, ♥

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is a person struggling with how much to share of their life false humility?

And yes, there are a number of people here who like to make boasts in themselves, and I'm very reluctant to join that number.
Yes. Many design their posts in order to glory in themselves and garner likes for their boasted spirituality. 2 Corinthians 10:12 comes to mind...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For reals Stunned. I can so relate to this. I've heard said once the "If Jesus is all you have, you have all you need" (good bumper sticker, if yer into those)
This gal has been craving true fellowship with those within my Church (local body) but...it just seems that they are, every one of them going their own, busy ways. I DO understand this...to a point. Mom's have to get the kids out of daycare, all the VERY quick hello's, and how ya doin's then...BAM (Bbryd? :) )... the whole place is all empty around you! That is not fellowship to me, at all. I find more fellowship on this forum than I do IRL (Bbryd? :D ). But that is so okay with me as, this particular Christian forum fulfills me, encourages me, admonishes me and teaches me, and yeah, sometimes PO's me. Lol...I get over it MUCH faster now ♥
"But you know, He did give me some men long dead, through their writings. It was enough. "
You mean like money? Dead presidents? Ya know, Franklin, Ulyses Grant??! Ahahaha j/k. Just a little bad humor break.
But, seriously though...
Yep, if we have Him and His living Word...we have it all ♥

Sticking to the post...my belief is that, Jesus laid His life down, of His own accord. He could have ran and hid from his accusers (and He did), even just left the area, but He knew when the time was right, according to The Father. Nobody took His life from Him.
JOHN 10:18

No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father.”
, He was crucified by the hands of others because He knew it was His ultimate purpose for living among us! So, I suppose one could say that He crucified Himself in that sense. Yet...how do we crucify ourselves?? I can't think of any other way than to choose His ways over our own. No matter what the cost or pain. KNOWING that He is so very faithful that, whatever happens...He will mean it for good for "...

John 15:13 "No one has greater love than the one who gives his life for his friends."
Tall order that one, ♥

That's a good way of putting what being crucified/dying daily means - choosing His way over ours.

His way is easy, as epi says, just not easy getting there. Because my way is to go according to my lusts - for more, for defending myself and my hurt pride, for wanting more than I need, for demanding to be treated well. All that is the life I have to give up, in trust.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a good way of putting what being crucified/dying daily means - choosing His way over ours.

His way is easy, as epi says, just not easy getting there. Because my way is to go according to my lusts - for more, for defending myself and my hurt pride, for wanting more than I need, for demanding to be treated well. All that is the life I have to give up, in trust.

Ty,
"Because my way is to go according to my lusts - for more, for defending myself and my hurt pride, for wanting more than I need, for demanding to be treated well. All that is the life I have to give up, in trust."
Please do not feel like the lone ranger here, I fit right into a few of those categories. Life is NOT fair. I think just the fact that we acknowledge these things and hate what we do sometimes- is growing. It can take a lifetime plus! :eek: But then...'He who began a good work in us...' ♥

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ty,
"Because my way is to go according to my lusts - for more, for defending myself and my hurt pride, for wanting more than I need, for demanding to be treated well. All that is the life I have to give up, in trust."
Please do not feel like the lone ranger here, I fit right into a few of those categories. Life is NOT fair. I think just the fact that we acknowledge these things and hate what we do sometimes- is growing. It can take a lifetime plus! :eek: But then...'He who began a good work in us...' ♥

Yes, its better to embrace truth and walk in it than be deceived. Better to embrace and walk in truth, even if it makes you look bad. Walking in the truth doesn't mean being instantly perfect. It just means admitting the truth.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This may sound silly but...I had a pretty bad week at the shop last week. First bad week in a while. I sold very little. I went out front to have a cigarette and I started to be harassed again. As I was putting out my cigarette, I accidentally spoke out loud. I muttered, oh just shut up, He knows what I need. Then from behind me, I heard a voice say, excuse me...?? A woman walking by thought I told her to shut up. Hahaha!
How come your smoking habit has not been crucified, but you are lecturing and bullying marks about spirituality in this thread?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How come your smoking habit has not been crucified, but you are lecturing and bullying marks about spirituality in this thread?

I shouldn't have to say this on a Christian forum...but if a sister opens up in vulnerability and weakness... that is not a signal for the dog within us, or in you in this case, to attack.

SBG was trying to help a younger brother who has difficulty understanding sanctification. She never claimed to be perfect.

Religious people begin with trying to purify the outside of the cup...to put on a good show in the flesh. Meanwhile inside the dog is being constantly fed. But a true follower of Christ begins from within...letting the outside improve of itself.

So then we are not to be vulnerable to the dogs...meaning the people who have not yet tamed themselves from within.

With your attitude I know you will take this as me saying you are a dog. That's not true. I normally ignore you for that very immaturity on your part. But we are each responsible for bringing our old nature to heel. So unless we are crucified...there is a dog within us ready to pounce...not realizing that cleaning only the outside of the cup makes one a hypocrite.

So then I do say that you are that. A very religious bible thumping one.

A man of honour doesn't attack vulnerable people...especially women. If you have an issue with the OP address me. I may or not respond..since...
2 Timothy 2:23-25
23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. 24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I normally ignore you for that very immaturity on your part.
And I normally ignore you for your false doctrines, and your attempts at being super-spiritual while abandoning fundamental Bible truths.

Getting back to SBG, she was trying to be super-spiritual with marks, instead of addressing her own issues.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi stunnedbygrace,

I'd have to say, it is not you who lusts, the flesh does that, and you are the spirit child of God. The new creation desires the things of God.

It is by faith in Christ that we enter into the grace in which we stand. It is yours for the believing.

Much love!

Reactions: stunnedbygrace