The Crucified Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen brother and well put. :)

But no matter how we came to know the grace of God we have to come into a new humility and teachability. We have but begun to grow into something resembling Christ in His full stature.

I fear that many who have perhaps begun in grace but have taken this as a new kind of pride...a religious pride...filtering favour from God through the carnal mind as a means of puffing oneself up so as to not be open to learn of more that they require to proceed.

These then rather than invest the grace they have been given...protect it by burying into their flesh...like the talent in the parable....so the flesh gets edified and not the inner man.

When the gift of God is buried in the flesh..it bears no fruit. No lasting eternal fruit.

These last two paragraphs weren't here when I first read this post yesterday! Glad I read it again.

He who sows to his flesh shall of his flesh reap corruption...

Reactions: Nancy and Episkopos