The Cup of Salvations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Cup of Salvations
OP^

There is Gods saving of people with food, with disease healing...
And then, they died.
However:
Jesus revealed an other "hidden bread/manna" that Saves ONCE and Forever, a man's soul.

John 6:
[58] This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live forever.

Rev 2:
[17] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Glory to God,
Taken

Give us this day our daily bread. Manna is to be eaten daily. If you only eat once you don't continue to live.

This is the very common error of the modern evangelical stance. It focuses on a transactional checklist salvation scheme invented by men. But salvation is a living process of growth in Christ.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give us this day our daily bread. Manna is to be eaten daily. If you only eat once you don't continue to live.

This is the very common error of the modern evangelical stance. It focuses on a transactional checklist salvation scheme invented by men. But salvation is a living process of growth in Christ.
Amen to this!

It is a real problem I see with people leaning too heavily on a physical communion... if they even do that!

In our flesh we, [all of us?], will eat three meals plus snacks of meat of the cow, potatoes and candy bars if we can get them. Few people purposely skip many of these available carnal indulgences or necessities [if that is what they are].

But how often does a person need to partake of the Manna of God? The Catholics at least make available and press people to partake often and when I was a Catholic offered it daily. Perhaps they still do. There may be Protestants or non-Catholic groups that do that, but I don't know about them.

However, to me that is only at best a type or shadow anyway of the real thing, the real consumption of the flesh and blood of Jesus. Should we partake of Him once every couple of months or even once a week and say we are good? Why not three times daily plus?

But seeing as how so many people seem to believe that a wafer of bread, unleavened or not, and a sip of wine [or grape juice] is what we need, they should have a lots of bread available at home and barrels of wine. Or is it necessary to wait until it is offered again at some designated place and time of gathering together of God's people?

But... if reading my Bible, listening to anointed ministers along with talking to and worshipping God, walking with Him always, might be the "real" thing, why be satisfied with a type or shadow at all? Is not all the "flesh" of Jesus and the "blood" of Jesus available at home [or elsewhere] at anytime we choose to partake? Has God so limited us that we cannot "eat" and "drink" at any time at all?

If we wait for the next gathering two or three months from now or even next year, how dead will we be? Would any of us do that to his own carnal body? So who is already dead... starved to death... assuming he really had Life?

"He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him." John 6:56

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The daily manna is The Word of God...NOT Literal bread.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is touching on the subject of the OP...so I would add in that knowing God directly is the narrow way. Walking in His ways according to His power. Very few will do that.

But salvation is also at a lower standard than that. A standard that all men can attain to IF they but humble themselves. To do as we ought is equivalent to knowing Him since if we knew Him we would do this at the very least.

Jer. 22:15-6
Shalt thou reign, because thou closest thyself in cedar? did not thy father eat and drink, and do judgment and justice, and then it was well with him?
He judged the cause of the poor and needy; then it was well with him: was not this to know me? saith the LORD.

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Sorry I missed your proposition of salvation being a many standard thing.
Paul talked of one salvation and being in the Kingdom, either you were in His people or you were not.

Jesus talked that if you wanted to be great in the Kingdom you had to be a servant to others. So Jesus took up the bowl and towel and washed His disciples feet. And He said likewise we should serve one another. Now depth of our walk in Christ is closer to Him, but the idea of layers is not in scripture. Peter talked about making our calling sure, so we knew who we were and where are assurance is placed.

I do fear that some feel visits to spiritual realms deem greater authority or insight than actually being like Jesus and putting into action love from the heart. So many have become seduced by this other realm, it leads me to believe in the most part it is deception and trinkets.

I remember having one preacher lay hands on me, and expected me to be slain in the spirit. I was not, which in some ways suggests he was not exercising power. Or getting "drunk" in the spirit, or holy laughter or any number of signs, which demonstrate God is present.

Sadly all believers are indwelt by the Holy Spirit so He is there all the time wherever they meet.
Some churches want gold dust, jewels, golden crowns on their teeth, feathers etc. to authenticate their spiritual authority.
And of course this second tier super apostles you have to submit to, because they have the hot line to God.

Now true enough a prophet speaks Gods word to the people who need it. But a messenger carries a heavy burden and often does not agree with the message, like Jonah, which does not end well for them. So a lot of people aspire to something they should probably fear, and have no clue what happens to Gods messengers on the whole. A short trip to heaven is not that unusual. God bless you

Reactions: marks

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The problem we see in todays' church is that we have lost the measuring rod.
Perhaps, but you are not using a measuring rod, you are using a micrometer! Isn't that going a bit far?

The subject of this thread is totally insignificant meaningless to me. It doesn't change my beliefs.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do fear that some feel visits to spiritual realms deem greater authority or insight than actually being like Jesus and putting into action love from the heart. So many have become seduced by this other realm, it leads me to believe in the most part it is deception and trinkets.

I remember having one preacher lay hands on me, and expected me to be slain in the spirit. I was not, which in some ways suggests he was not exercising power. Or getting "drunk" in the spirit, or holy laughter or any number of signs, which demonstrate God is present.
HI FollowHim,

I think this is well said. I too had a pastor once try to coax me into tongues after laying hands on me. I think he was disappointed that I didn't, but on the other hand, what I did receive after that prayer was so much more than that, at least so it seems to me! It was in the top 5 of life changing days.

Something I do find concerning is when people start forming their ideas based on what they've experienced, in dreams, in visions, in visits, in . . . what? How certain can we be of what comes through our senses?

Some put all their confidence in what they experience, or a great deal of their confidence. For me, these experiences may come and go, God has His ways, but His Word is my life always.

My experiences are only as valid as the Word that substantiates them. And that being the case, the Word itself is sufficient, and the rest secondary.

But I do share your concerning that these things seems to allure people away from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Much love!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
HI FollowHim,

I think this is well said. I too had a pastor once try to coax me into tongues after laying hands on me. . . .

Something I do find concerning is when people start forming their ideas based on what they've experienced,

"for we walk by faith, not by sight" 2 Corinthians 5:7

Reactions: marks