The Decoy Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And then to claim you are as righteous as Jesus in God's eyes. Foolishness. So then you have in reality become worse than before. Through bearing a false witness and becoming arrogant before God.
Yes many do that, become arrogant before God, and bear false witnesses. But if you are who you say you are than

1, Religion can have no place in your life, it isnt from God its from men.
2. Bible study goes out the door, because as Paul put it,
Gal_1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
and in revelation
1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
3. You must let Him empty you of everything, because a vessel filled with.
A. Self
B. Learning
c. Own understanding
d. Own wisdom.
C. Pride
E. False Humility

Has no place for Him. Hence my post about teh glass getting emptied, but who wants to be empty.

Than you will know that.
A. Many will come to Christ and accept salvation and fill pews do nothing all their lives. and God has no problem with that, they believe it is enough for salvation.
B. Some will hear that call. "come out of her my people", because they are His people, do not understand why, but teh fact they obeyed and heard is voice, proves they believe, and their faith is accounted for righteousness, even if that is all they do.
C. Some will get the real call, by Christ Himself, doesnt come from reading a text in the bible,but many will refuse it because the price it to high, and tha twill take you to,

1Co_2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

But that does not make any of them better or worse than any one else, they will be tested to near death by teh enemy of their souls not God.

D. Than we have those who read the bible think they have the answers because they do, and like mr Trump use it as a tool, I quote the bible you must believe me. Well We only need to believe JEsus thats why it says.

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Notice they dont believe Him and now the Spirit of God that too was given to believers, and that is why they

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

And as HE said still to this day
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Men stay away from Him in droves

Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

Mat_15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

God bless

Reactions: Azim

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So then you must have a hard time reading the bible in general...or the words of Jesus in particular....with His statements like...ask, seek and knock, ...or else..."few there be that find it' concerning the narrow door and way. Are we supposed to look for God's face? Isn't God free to accept or reject our advances towards Him? IS God not free to choose a people for Himself by His choice? Is God not alive and real enough as a Person to do these things? Or is God just some philosophical concept that we both control...and avoid at all costs?

Do people actually believe there is a God to find? I don't think very many have that kind of faith.

I mean if we are not to completely devote ourselves to a life of surrender and seeking His face, why are there so many exhortations to do just that?
But this has nothing to do with salvation, has it.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But this has nothing to do with salvation, has it.

As in...we're looking for a God to save us whom we don't really love? And He will be ok with that? We can be smug and NOT have to put Him first? That somehow for us other things take more of a priority?

Let's see how that works out.

Reactions: faithfulness

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As in...we're looking for a God to save us whom we don't really love? And He will be ok with that? We can be smug and NOT have to put Him first? That somehow for us other things take more of a priority?

Let's see how that works out.
Without faith no man can please God, you are trying to behave like the perfect Kid, that is all of teh flesh, and that is not Love. If you knew God you would never draw such a foolish conclusion, you are making Him to be like a man. A bad father.

So what religion do you belong to what doctinres do they teach you .

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

The pride of Gnosticism! It exchanges light for darkness, makes sin to be holiness, and insists that holiness and obedience to God is a sin. Such doctrine is surely Satan's Masterpiece!

This is nothing new, it has been around a long time:

"Nor does the preaching of this internal slavery, this bondage of spiritual corruption, shock our hearers. No: this mixture of light and darkness passes for the gospel in these days."

"How few of our celebrated pulpits are there, where more has not been said at times for sin than against it?" - John Fletcher

"Why should a man be looked upon by those who claim to be Christians, as a crank or fanatic, simply because he dares to believe God's Word and His power to save?" - Howard W. Sweeten

"It is manifestly improper to speak of a believer who sees nothing desirable in holiness. A man who can say, "I have no desire to be holy," cannot be a true experimental believer in Christ." - Jesse T. Peck

If true Christianity consists of public self-loathing and sinfulness as a measure of proving one's "humility" and total faith, we should be thanking the Devil for our salvation!

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If sin is no problem why do you keep speaking about it.

My ministry is to the Church, because the heresy in the Church for the last 500 years that you seem to believe is that we will always sin, and the blood of Jesus doesn't take it away, but merely covers it while we keep sinning. Or another version is that Jesus takes away our sin AS we commit them, but never frees us from committing them in the first place. These are the two MAJOR false doctrines in the Church, and the subject is SIN! So why wouldn't I keep talking about it? Do you understand now, or will I have to repeat myself again later because you still don't understand? Maybe take notes and review what I've already answered a thousand times. My answer will always be the same, and it would be good for you to digest. Jesus is more powerful than you give Him credit for in making us actually righteous and holy children of God. And not just "imputed" righteousness over filth, by the false faith that is actually dead faith. What He actually gives us is His own sinless Spirit to make us sinless, not still filthy.

Look at me God I'm not like all those other sinners??? We do know who is justified,.

Any saved Christian that has been freed from the burden of the sin nature, will give testimony over and over about the truth of the Word of God that proclaims freedom from sin, and wants others who are struggling to become free also. God is real, and powerful, and above all, HOLY. He makes those who want to serve Him born again with a divine nature so He can call us His children. Sinners are still slaves to sin and not His children, and love to make fun or condemn His children, because they hate us as prophesied by Jesus, so I'm never surprised on this forum of the many snide remarks I receive almost daily. John 3:34-36. Some I've been asked by admin. to just put on ignore, and not continue the never ending debate. Proverbs 1:7

2Co_12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I understand Paul plight. He was battling false teachers proclaiming Christ that treated him the same way I get treated by many on this forum, and elsewhere. But God's power given to me when I get hurt, sustains me to keep plugging on with the Truth of God's Word. The same could be said of Paul, I'm sure. He would have understood where I'm coming from, and I him. I developed the same thick skin through God's power of grace.

So I will have faith in Christ and not myself.

That is good, because that is exactly where you have to be - acknowledging that your old nature has no sustaining power to serve God wholly to endure to the end. That is when I cried out to Jesus in 1977 to take the object of my sin away, because my desires were too strong, and I was weak. I told Him, you are stronger than I am, You do it for me. Take it away so I can't get my hands on it ever again. I was totally honest, that I would if I could. That is the first answer to prayer I ever received in 30 years of going to church, still burdened down with my old nature. He took away the object I craved, and after that when I finally saw I needed to repent and be completely cleansed, is when He filled me to overflowing with His Spirit, and I actually felt the freedom come into me that made me feel light as a feather, and joy unexplainable. Overnight, I had a completely different nature, Peter calls the divine nature, and never saw the old nature again. I just kept growing in the Lord, and my love for Him. You can too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My ministry is to the Church, because the heresy in the Church for the last 500 years that you seem to believe is that we will always sin, and the blood of Jesus doesn't take it away, but merely covers it while we keep sinning. Or another version is that Jesus takes away our sin AS we commit them, but never frees us from committing them in the first place. These are the two MAJOR false doctrines in the Church, and the subject is SIN! So why wouldn't I keep talking about it? Do you understand now, or will I have to repeat myself again later because you still don't understand? Maybe take notes and review what you've already asked me a thousand times. My answer will always be the same.

Any saved Christian that has been freed from the burden of the sin nature, will give testimony over and over about the truth of the Word of God that proclaims freedom from sin, and wants others who are struggling to become free also. God is real, and powerful, and above all, HOLY. He makes those who want to serve Him born again with a divine nature so He can call us His children. Sinners are still slaves to sin and not His children, and love to make fun or condemn His children, because they hate us as prophesied by Jesus, so I'm never surprised on this forum of the many snide remarks I receive almost daily. John 3:34-36. Some I've been asked by admin. to just put on ignore, and not continue the never ending debate. Proverbs 1:7

I understand Paul plight. He was battling false teachers proclaiming Christ that treated him the same way I get treated by many on this forum, and elsewhere. But God's power given to me when I get hurt, sustains me to keep plugging on with the Truth of God's Word. The same could be said of Paul, I'm sure. He would have understood where I'm coming from, and I him. I developed the same thick skin through God's power of grace.

That is good, because that is exactly where you have to be - acknowledging that your old nature has no sustaining power to serve God wholly to endure to the end. That is when I cried out to Jesus in 1977 to take the object of my sin away, because my desires were too strong, and I was weak. I told Him, you are stronger than I am, You do it for me. Take it away so I can't get my hands on it ever again. I was totally honest, that I would if I could. That is the first answer to prayer I ever received in 30 years of going to church, still burdened down with my old nature. He took away the object I craved, and after that when I finally saw I needed to repent and be completely cleansed, is when He filled me to overflowing with His Spirit, and I actually felt the freedom come into me that made me feel light as a feather, and joy unexplainable. Overnight, I had a completely different nature, Peter calls the divine nature, and never saw the old nature again. I just kept growing in the Lord, and my love for Him. You can too.

Nothing to add here, good word.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The pride of Gnosticism! It exchanges light for darkness, makes sin to be holiness, and insists that holiness and obedience to God is a sin. Such doctrine is surely Satan's Masterpiece!
No one is doing that but you.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My ministry is to the Church, because the heresy in the Church for the last 500 years that you seem to believe is that we will always sin, and the blood of Jesus doesn't take it away, but merely covers it while we keep sinning
Do you think Jesus keeps getting up on that cross, He did it once and for ever. He didnt die for just yesterday.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is good, because that is exactly where you have to be - acknowledging that your old nature has no sustaining power to serve God wholly to endure to the end.
No kidding, without faith we cannot please God every thing else is your works trying to clean the outside of the cup, making yourself look good, doesnt work.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because she is obsessed with sinless perfection. But obsession is also a sin.

Like a doctor is obsessed about saving a life. One day there will be great anger that the people who knew didn't make a bigger fuss about the truth to they who have believed a lie.

If you love people you don't want them to perish.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Like a doctor is obsessed about saving a life. One day there will be great anger that the people who knew didn't make a bigger fuss about the truth to they who have believed a lie.

If you love people you don't want them to perish.
She like you are laying burdens on men, no more no less.

Reactions: mailmandan

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think Jesus keeps getting up on that cross, He did it once and for ever. He didnt die for just yesterday.

Why would He have to? We died (our nature) with Him, once, and were resurrected in newness of life to walk in. Read Romans 6.

Reactions: Nancy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No kidding, without faith we cannot please God every thing else is your works trying to clean the outside of the cup, making yourself look good, doesnt work.

How true! How true! You wouldn't believe how weak I used to be, and how just the opposite I was afterwards.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying, I always live according to my conscience, this is of course good, and we should do according to what we believe we ought.

But to say, I don't do wrong, because my conscience is clear every day, this is just measuring yourself by yourself. Speaking of decoys!

"I don't know of anything wrong I did today . . . ergo . . . I did nothing wrong today."

What if we changed our measure to, did you see anything wrong from me today? Asking those around you . . .

Or just leave it alone, and let Jesus be the One to say, which He most certainly will when He comes.

Much love!

Reactions: mjrhealth