The Decoy Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The word impute literally means to credit to ones account. it is not our righteousness which is imputed it is Christ’s righteousness
Correct. Some people will NEVER GET IT, no matter how plain and simple you make it. They keep stumbling over imputed righteousness over and over again (just like the Catholic Church).

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 4 is the New Covenant. How are you unable to see this?

This shows that you do not understand the Gospel which is under the New Covenant.

Romans 4 talks of the end of the law, but nothing about the Spirit. It is only partial information in the middle of an 8 chapter teaching! The New Covenant is the ministry of the Spirit. The Spirit does away with SIN. It is not just a cover-up

Reactions: Episkopos

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Romans 4 says nothing about the Spirit. The New Covenant is the ministry of the Spirit.
CL, Romans 4 does not have to say anything about the Spirit. It is focused on one thing -- and one thing alone. Justification by grace through faith -- imputed righteousness. Something which a lot of people -- even Christians -- simply cannot accept or understand.

However, Paul explains the role of the Spirit fully in Romans 8. For example (verse 11 ): But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

And the entire epistle to the Hebrews (written by Paul) explains the New Covenant in great detail. Also see 2 Corinthians chapter 3.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Romans 4 talks of the end of the law, but nothing about the Spirit. It is only partial information in the middle of an 8 chapter teaching! The New Covenant is the ministry of the Spirit. The Spirit does away with SIN. It is not just a cover-up

Amen. Paul is explaining that the New Covenant will be built upon faith...using Abraham as an forerunner...in an upping of the ante into a spiritual life.So the New Covenant will also be by faith.

The decoy gospel seeks to justify non-spiritual people while yet in their fallen natures...as if the kingdom of God was a physical place rather than a spiritual realm and that there was no option for men but to remain in their sinful natures. So the ones who are stuck in the Old Testament are they who resist the Spirit. It's a new wine/ new wine-skin scenario.

A new Covenant needs a new life. A new holy standard requires requires a new grace to fulfill it.

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Correct. Some people will NEVER GET IT, no matter how plain and simple you make it. They keep stumbling over imputed righteousness over and over again (just like the Catholic Church).

I hope not. No one likes getting a virus. :oops:

You are stumbling over Christ with a errant and humanistic view of the working of God. Righteousness is NOT transferable. Never has been and never will be. And you will not understand that because of the great delusion. You have been seduced by a wind of doctrine that you believe is taking you somewhere other than a heavy judgment.

The bible NEVER ever makes the claims you claim it does. You are misreading through an indoctrination you have been conditioned to accept as true. It is an invention of a religious mind ...indoctrinated into other religious minds of they that are looking for an easy pass on sin by those unwilling to take responsibility for their own actions. With God that is damnable.

You are providing fashionable nonsense that misuses bible terminology out of context to make goofy statements. All this under the heading of a decoy gospel.

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course this is fully backwards. No one can have the righteousness of Christ imputed to him. Righteousness isn't transferable. That is the biggest fallacy possible.

so god is limited. That’s good to know

one thing we do know. If we stand in front of God based on our righteousness. Well there is only one outcome. And it’s not a good outcome

the atonement of the OT law foresaw the atonement of Christ’s righteousness to all and in all who believe for all have sinned and fall short

Reactions: mailmandan

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CL, Romans 4 does not have to say anything about the Spirit. It is focused on one thing -- and one thing alone. Justification by grace through faith -- imputed righteousness. Something which a lot of people -- even Christians -- simply cannot accept or understand.

However, Paul explains the role of the Spirit fully in Romans 8. For example (verse 11 ): But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

And the entire epistle to the Hebrews (written by Paul) explains the New Covenant in great detail. Also see 2 Corinthians chapter 3.

So what do you believe the New Covenant does regarding our sin nature? Do we keep on sinning the same as every unsaved person? What does Jesus do to our sin?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. Paul is explaining that the New Covenant will be built upon faith...using Abraham as an forerunner...in an upping of the ante into a spiritual life.So the New Covenant will also be by faith.

The decoy gospel seeks to justify non-spiritual people while yet in their fallen natures...as if the kingdom of God was a physical place rather than a spiritual realm and that there was no option for men but to remain in their sinful natures. So the ones who are stuck in the Old Testament are they who resist the Spirit. It's a new wine/ new wine-skin scenario.

A new Covenant needs a new life. A new holy standard requires requires a new grace to fulfill it.

Exactly! Enoch is another that hates to read past Romans 4.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word impute literally means to credit to ones account

it is not our righteousness which is imputed it is Christ’s righteousness
Amen! Romans 4:5 - But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works.

To "impute" is in the sense of account, reckoning. To charge to one's account. Other translations say, "credits" - (NASB) "counts" - (ESV) "reckons" - (RSV) yet some people still prefer to disregard "imputed" righteousness for "imparted" righteousness, then make it about works salvation. I ran into that issue prior to my conversion several years ago while still attending the Roman Catholic church. Other verses also support imputed, credited, reckoned, accounted.

Romans 4:2 - For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

Romans 4:9 - Does this blessedness then come upon the circumcised only, or upon the uncircumcised also? For we say that faith was accounted to Abraham for righteousness. 10 How then was it accounted? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised. 11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while still uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also, 12 and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also walk in the steps of the faith which our father Abraham had while still uncircumcised.

Galatians 3:6 - just as Abraham "believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." 7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. 8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, "In you all the nations shall be blessed." 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

Philippians 3:9 - and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith. :)

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s a general characteristic of the religious person. Like the Pharisee who thinks he is so pure and righteous. Who tells everyone to be like them

Paul, the Pharisee...

"But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he received from us. For you yourselves know how you ought to follow us, for we were not disorderly among you;" 2 Thessalonians 3:6-7.

"Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ..." 1 Corinthians 11:1.

"Therefore I urge you to imitate me." 1 Corinthians 4:16.

"Join one another in following my example, brothers, and carefully observe those who walk according to the pattern we set for you." Philippians 3:17.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just like Bible-believing Christians.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is no transfer of character. To "count" or "account" something, is not transfer.

The Greek word has no reference of meaning to transfer of character. The English word does not either. You have to invent it to support bad theology; that's where you will find it.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Romans 4:5 - But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works.

To "impute" is in the sense of account, reckoning. To charge to one's account. Other translations say, "credits" - (NASB) "counts" - (ESV) "reckons" - (RSV) yet some people still prefer to disregard "imputed" righteousness for "imparted" righteousness, then make it about works salvation. I ran into that issue prior to my conversion several years ago while still attending the Roman Catholic church. Other verses also support imputed, credited, reckoned, accounted.

Romans 4:2 - For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

Romans 4:9 - Does this blessedness then come upon the circumcised only, or upon the uncircumcised also? For we say that faith was accounted to Abraham for righteousness. 10 How then was it accounted? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised. 11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while still uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also, 12 and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also walk in the steps of the faith which our father Abraham had while still uncircumcised.

Galatians 3:6 - just as Abraham "believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." 7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. 8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, "In you all the nations shall be blessed." 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

Philippians 3:9 - and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith. :)
Titus 3: 5. NOT by works if righteousness which I have done but by his mercy he saved us

People are still trying to save themselves with their works of righteousness they do

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul, the Pharisee...

"But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he received from us. For you yourselves know how you ought to follow us, for we were not disorderly among you;" 2 Thessalonians 3:6-7.

"Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ..." 1 Corinthians 11:1.

"Therefore I urge you to imitate me." 1 Corinthians 4:16.

"Join one another in following my example, brothers, and carefully observe those who walk according to the pattern we set for you." Philippians 3:17.
Paul stopped being a Pharisee the moment he found Christ. The Pharisees sought to have him jailed or killed

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no transfer of character. To "count" or "account" something, is not transfer.

The Greek word has no reference of meaning to transfer of character. The English word does not either. You have to invent it to support bad theology; that's where you will find it.
I am not sure where people get transfer if character from

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He became sin, who knew no sin, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. Put on the new man, which is created according to God in righteousness and true holiness. If any be in Christ, he is a new creation. Old things are passed away, Look! All is become new! Now all is from God! For we have been baptized into His death, and buried with Him in baptism, and as He was raised from the dead, so we also are to walk in newness of life. For I am crucified together with Christ, yet I live, yet not I, but Christ lives in me.

Much love!