The deep danger of politicizing Christianity. It simply reveals our deep need for revival.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
States Protecting Abortion Access in State Law:

ILLINOIS: Democratic Gov. J.B. Pritzker on June 12 signed a law repealing the state's 1975 abortion law, which imposed waiting periods, required spousal consent and set criminal penalties for doctors performing abortions. Some of those measures had already been enjoined by the courts, but the governor said he wanted to codify abortion access in case the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade.

MAINE: Democratic Gov. Janet Mills on June 13 signed a law that expands insurance coverage for abortion in Maine, and lifts the ban on coverage of abortion under MaineCare, Maine's Medicaid program. On June 10, Mills signed a separate law allowing health professionals who are not physicians to perform abortions. The law is meant to expand access to abortion in rural areas.

NEVADA: Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak on May 31 signed the Trust Nevada Women Act, which decriminalizes abortion. It also repeals previous restrictions on self-induced abortions and changes the previous "informed consent" provision, which had required a physicians to certify a female's age and marital status before performing an abortion, and to tell her of the "emotional implications" of the procedure.

NEW YORK: Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo chose Jan. 22, the 46th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision, to sign the Reproductive Health Act, a sweeping measure that removes abortion from the state's penal code (which allowed abortion until 24 weeks, and after that only to preserve the life of the female). The new law codifies the right to an abortion until 24 weeks, and allows abortion in the third trimester if the pregnant woman's life or health is at risk, or if there is a fetal abnormality.

RHODE ISLAND: Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo on June 19 signed a law codifying the tenets of Roe v. Wade in state law in case the Supreme Court case is overturned. The law allows abortion up until the point a fetus could live outside the womb. After that, abortion would be permitted if the pregnant female's life or health is at risk. The law did not change the status quo in Rhode Island.

VERMONT: Republican Gov. Phil Scott on June 10 signed a law making abortion a "fundamental right" under state law. The law also prohibits laws enforcement from prosecuting someone attempting to induce her own abortion. The law does not change the status of abortion rights in the state from a practical perspective, as there were no legal limits on abortion. It is meant to enshrine abortion rights in case Roe v. Wade is overturned.

Reactions: WaterSong

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
States Protecting Abortion Access in State Law:

ILLINOIS: Democratic Gov. J.B. Pritzker on June 12 signed a law repealing the state's 1975 abortion law, which imposed waiting periods, required spousal consent and set criminal penalties for doctors performing abortions. Some of those measures had already been enjoined by the courts, but the governor said he wanted to codify abortion access in case the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade.

MAINE: Democratic Gov. Janet Mills on June 13 signed a law that expands insurance coverage for abortion in Maine, and lifts the ban on coverage of abortion under MaineCare, Maine's Medicaid program. On June 10, Mills signed a separate law allowing health professionals who are not physicians to perform abortions. The law is meant to expand access to abortion in rural areas.

NEVADA: Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak on May 31 signed the Trust Nevada Women Act, which decriminalizes abortion. It also repeals previous restrictions on self-induced abortions and changes the previous "informed consent" provision, which had required a physicians to certify a female's age and marital status before performing an abortion, and to tell her of the "emotional implications" of the procedure.

NEW YORK: Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo chose Jan. 22, the 46th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision, to sign the Reproductive Health Act, a sweeping measure that removes abortion from the state's penal code (which allowed abortion until 24 weeks, and after that only to preserve the life of the female). The new law codifies the right to an abortion until 24 weeks, and allows abortion in the third trimester if the pregnant woman's life or health is at risk, or if there is a fetal abnormality.

RHODE ISLAND: Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo on June 19 signed a law codifying the tenets of Roe v. Wade in state law in case the Supreme Court case is overturned. The law allows abortion up until the point a fetus could live outside the womb. After that, abortion would be permitted if the pregnant female's life or health is at risk. The law did not change the status quo in Rhode Island.

VERMONT: Republican Gov. Phil Scott on June 10 signed a law making abortion a "fundamental right" under state law. The law also prohibits laws enforcement from prosecuting someone attempting to induce her own abortion. The law does not change the status of abortion rights in the state from a practical perspective, as there were no legal limits on abortion. It is meant to enshrine abortion rights in case Roe v. Wade is overturned.
My pleasure. :)

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I PRAY they shut down all abortions .
GOD heard the blood of abel . AND HE HEARS the CRIES OF EVERY UNBORN baby in the womb . MARK THOSE WORDS .
Yes indeed . TIME To save those babies .
I agree! The blood of those babies cries out from the ground! How many lives (including women's) will be destroyed before this is outlawed?

Reactions: amigo de christo

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting article. I found this to be particularly poignant.

Public activism has long been part of evangelical identity, motivating our leadership in abolition, women’s suffrage, and the labor movement. Over time, however, we have seen a slow disintegration of faith and politics. Most of us now aren’t sure how theology should influence our public life....​

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting article. I found this to be particularly poignant.

Public activism has long been part of evangelical identity, motivating our leadership in abolition, women’s suffrage, and the labor movement. Over time, however, we have seen a slow disintegration of faith and politics. Most of us now aren’t sure how theology should influence our public life....​
Indeed. Many of us aren't aware that the strides that have been made in this country politically and out of oppression policies were largely motivated by Christians and our sense of and for morality and integrity.

ve1nhb

May 25, 2014
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When I found out Christian in the USA looked to Trump as a Christian leader it disturbs me. I am Canadian so I don't really understand American politics. If he was a sample of a Christian leader that was something I don't understand either. I drop Christianity and walked away.
I am slowly coming back, but any preacher or teacher that supports Trump is not someone I want to listen to.
I don't hate or dislike Trump, I just don't see how you can see him as an example of someone living a Christian life.

Reactions: Gideons300

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Mar 9:50

Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it?

Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.
Good verse there; but the focus is also on whether the redeemed are the focus of God's purposes (as John 17 says) or whether integrating the world into the church is, supposedly (which goes beyond that Mark 9.50 says in any case).

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your thoughts. :)
I don't accept that is true as regards Gentiles.

Well God blesses nations that serve HIm. america was greatly blessed! Though we had imperfection and problems, the people were generally a godly people.

But as for nations generally? The promise made to Abraham and confirmed to Isaac and Jacob still holds true. god blesses those that bless them and curses those that curse them.

Right now in history, we are in the time of the calling out of teh gentiles, a people for His name. Once the fulness of teh gentiles are come in- God will turn His attention to Israel as a nation and people once again, to fulfill His covenants to them.

Ezekiel 20:33-38
King James Version

33 As I live, saith the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:

34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.

36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord God.

37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:

38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

Jeremiah 31:31-34
King James Version

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Zechariah 13:8-9
King James Version

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

Luke 13:34-35
King James Version

34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!

35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Now I believe jesus uses words carefully and is not like us. Notice He said until..when you SHALL say, and not unless and might?

Reactions: K9Buck

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I meant no harm. I am just asking to think about it. It simply seems to me that the Republican party may have as part of its platform that it is truly anti-abortion, but after four years in power, I do not remember any steps taken in earnest to stop it. No laws passed. No mass Republican rallies against it.

It seems like they are content have it listed on their platform and the box checked, but as far as acrual actions taken , what am I missing?

Do you believe that all Democrats support it? Because we used to have two parties with somewhat basic platforms, but there were moderates in both as well as people who

I think many of the responses to my original post very adequately display the point I was trying to make. Blind determination and full acceptance of lies streaming from the side they see as defenders of the truth, whatever that side may be, and denigration of anything that comes from the side they see as satan's work.

I cannot open anyone's eyes. Only the Holy Spirit can do that. I hope that others will join me in prayer for Jesus' church worldwide that we be filled with the Spirit of love, and of power and of victory over the world and its influence over us so that we might be made ready to meet our soon coming king.

blessings,

Gideon

I think you are being overly harsh with your brothers and sisters ! We all see that neither party is perfect and start their rallies with prayer meetings and 30 minutes of praise and worship songs.

Most of us will support the side that is less evil than the other. Trump and the GOP are far from perfect, but they are much better to rule than the Democrat Party!

For Christians most elections is simply voting for the lesser of two evils.

And for pro life rallies, no Dems go to them, but you will see quite a few GOP politicos there every year!

Reactions: Enoch111

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are being overly harsh with your brothers and sisters ! We all see that neither party is perfect and start their rallies with prayer meetings and 30 minutes of praise and worship songs.

Most of us will support the side that is less evil than the other. Trump and the GOP are far from perfect, but they are much better to rule than the Democrat Party!

For Christians most elections is simply voting for the lesser of two evils.

And for pro life rallies, no Dems go to them, but you will see quite a few GOP politicos there every year!
This post is not about the evils of abortion nor whether or not one party is worse than the other. May I suggest you go back and read my OP? We as His people are far more involved in this world than in the kingdom of God. If we put as much effort into seeking the kingdom of God to come to the forefront inside us as we do defending whatever political stance we think is 'the more godly one', the church would again turn the world upside down.

That day IS coming, but it will not come without some very dark days to get through. At some point in time, we will be faced with the understanding that all that we seem to hold precious is going to be dissolved, and finally, we will take seriously God's call to walk in holiness. It is the call of the hour.

And if we simply do not know how, then is it not time to focus on crying out to God as how this is to be accomplished in our lives? Should we not cease from being content just to be forgiven and to actually desire what God desires for us, that we know how to possess our vessels in sanctification and honor, with willful sin seen only in our rear view mirrors?

We can convince ourselves that politics will be our expression of "doing God's will" on the earth, but God is very clear. He wants us to personally cease from all willful sins. He wants us to fully surrender to His will for us. He wants us to run our race as if there is but one prize, and we are determined to be the one who stands victorious.

So, honesty is imperative here. Is this our heart on the matter as well? And if not, what will it take for that to change? Because if needs be, that is what our faithful God will bring about to bear on our lives, because He loves us far too much to let us continue on the road we currently find ourselves, for danger here is great.

I pray we stop using Romans 7 as our excuse for earthly-mindedness and finally awake to the truth that Paul could not stand that part of him that constantly failed God, that constantly gave into temptation, and his deliverance from 'the body of this death' coincided perfectly with his refusal to accept spiritual bondage to sin and self as the best Christ can do to set us free indeed this side of Heaven.

blessings,

Gideon

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We as His people are far more involved in this world than in the kingdom of God.
I believe you are the one who said that Christians are the salt of the earth, and at the same time opposed the application of that salt to the wounds of the body politic.

The corresponding truth stated by the Lord is that Christians are the light of the world.

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. (Mt 5:14-16)

So kindly show us all how this statement by Christ can mean anything other than being involved with the world (not worldliness, but the world of humanity).

When it comes to good governance (not politics) Christians have not been sufficiently aggressive in (a) refusing to vote for those who are not worthy, and (b) campaigning more vigorously against the abuse of governmental power by conveying their beliefs to those in office. That would a a part of letting your light shine before men. When cockroaches are exposed to the light, they run and hide. When liars are exposed to the truth, they shut their mouths.

At the same time Christians need to be extremely active in propagating the true, full, and pure Gospel, so that the Kingdom of God is established in human hearts. After all it is the Gospel of the Kingdom.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This post is not about the evils of abortion nor whether or not one party is worse than the other. May I suggest you go back and read my OP? We as His people are far more involved in this world than in the kingdom of God. If we put as much effort into seeking the kingdom of God to come to the forefront inside us as we do defending whatever political stance we think is 'the more godly one', the church would again turn the world upside down.

That day IS coming, but it will not come without some very dark days to get through. At some point in time, we will be faced with the understanding that all that we seem to hold precious is going to be dissolved, and finally, we will take seriously God's call to walk in holiness. It is the call of the hour.

And if we simply do not know how, then is it not time to focus on crying out to God as how this is to be accomplished in our lives? Should we not cease from being content just to be forgiven and to actually desire what God desires for us, that we know how to possess our vessels in sanctification and honor, with willful sin seen only in our rear view mirrors?

We can convince ourselves that politics will be our expression of "doing God's will" on the earth, but God is very clear. He wants us to personally cease from all willful sins. He wants us to fully surrender to His will for us. He wants us to run our race as if there is but one prize, and we are determined to be the one who stands victorious.

So, honesty is imperative here. Is this our heart on the matter as well? And if not, what will it take for that to change? Because if needs be, that is what our faithful God will bring about to bear on our lives, because He loves us far too much to let us continue on the road we currently find ourselves, for danger here is great.

I pray we stop using Romans 7 as our excuse for earthly-mindedness and finally awake to the truth that Paul could not stand that part of him that constantly failed God, that constantly gave into temptation, and his deliverance from 'the body of this death' coincided perfectly with his refusal to accept spiritual bondage to sin and self as the best Christ can do to set us free indeed this side of Heaven.

blessings,

Gideon

I agree with you!

Politics is something we as Christians in america are allowed to do. We should pray for our leaders to live godly lives and vote for those who are closer to the things of God. but whether we can participate in govt. like here or under the thumb of autocratic rulers like Chinese brethren are, we are citizens of heaven first and foremost. I do nto thinkof myself any differently nor do I exhort other believers to think differently.

But also as a believer who is on the wall, I am involved in th epolitics of this world to see what things are coming, so that as believers we can tsake teh necessary steps to prepare for a storm that may approach, like economic or food shortages and the like. That is just being responsible.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well God blesses nations that serve HIm. america was greatly blessed! Though we had imperfection and problems, the people were generally a godly people.

But as for nations generally? The promise made to Abraham and confirmed to Isaac and Jacob still holds true. god blesses those that bless them and curses those that curse them.

Right now in history, we are in the time of the calling out of teh gentiles, a people for His name. Once the fulness of teh gentiles are come in- God will turn His attention to Israel as a nation and people once again, to fulfill His covenants to them.

Ezekiel 20:33-38
King James Version

33 As I live, saith the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:

34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.

36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord God.

37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:

38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

Jeremiah 31:31-34
King James Version

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Zechariah 13:8-9
King James Version

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

Luke 13:34-35
King James Version

34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!

35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Now I believe jesus uses words carefully and is not like us. Notice He said until..when you SHALL say, and not unless and might?
America serves God.
And we are all one in Christ. There is no Jew, Gentile, Greek, etc...
God shows no partiality.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

blessings,

Gideon
I believe your criticisms would be better served if you did not seek to blanket the entirety of the Christian church with them.
Further and lastly, perhaps you are unaware, perhaps you are however, while you chastise Christians for their behavior you example the very faults you seek to convince others of having.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
America serves God.
And we are all one in Christ. There is no Jew, Gentile, Greek, etc...
God shows no partiality.

We did generally speaking serve god long ago. But America has devolved from a "Christian nation" to a "non Christian nation" and now we are racing to be an "anti Christian nation".

This does not speak of people as individuals but the trend the nation takes.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We did generally speaking serve god long ago. But America has devolved from a "Christian nation" to a "non Christian nation" and now we are racing to be an "anti Christian nation".

This does not speak of people as individuals but the trend the nation takes.
America was founded not as a Theocratic government but on a secular government. Which is why our Constitution prohibits any law “respecting an establishment of religion.”
This doesn't mean America is not today a Christian nation. The Declaration of Independence refers to God four times in its language. And, very importantly, states that our rights come from the Creator.

Just because we have anti-Christian politicians does not mean those anti-Christian people alter the spirit of this nation and the threads that were woven into our creation per the Bible and God. They may act the fool and denigrate our faith but they do not and never shall strip those threads out of the tapestry that blankets this country and its people.

If we accept the idea that we are a non-Christian nation today, they win! Concession to evil is not righteous. It is suicide.

I for one will NEVER concede to the evocation of the anti-Christs here. One nation under God.
In God we Trust. First Amendment! Separation of church and state.
God and Christ are everywhere in America! If we allow the fog of anti-Christ speak , sort of speak, to lead us to believe....Christ is no longer the spirit that this country is founded in, who are we?

And what then do we tell our ancestors who died to insure this nation remain a free Constitutional Democratic Republic? "Sorry, the anti-Christ brigade is just too many!" ?
Not while I breathe!
If we concede in our thoughts, we then become a victim of them. And believe we as Christians are struggling to survive here like other nations where our sisters and brothers are being targeted and killed for existing as Christians there. We're the beacon on the hill that give them hope!
Are you ready to put that light under a bushel basket?

I'm not.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
After 20 years of the way of the cross, Jesus resurrected Himself in me.
After my heart had been circumcised.
From the time I wake up until the time I go to sleep, I'm full of the joy, peace, and harmony of the Lord Jesus Messiah.
He speaks to me all day. It's not a struggle to hear Him anymore.
And when I sleep, He talks with me in dreams.
Each day is better than the last.
I used to love revival while it lasted.
This seemed to start when I began sharing my story on Christianity Board last August and has spread to my FB family since the Lord withdrew me from CB for the month of November.
He constantly amazes and astounds me.
He has personally allowed me to witness 2 people coming to faith in Him.
He has given me two words of knowledge that when I shared them, two precious, bound, people were set free.
I no longer get in the way of what He wants to do through me.
My old fears are gone.
I see His kingdom growing in my own home.
I'm not perfect but He is perfect in me.
If I'm not weeping because of the things He is breaking my heart over, I'm weeping because of His joy.
I'm sure glad there's not a toilet paper shortage.
Reviving...restoring...renewing...!:)

Reactions: marks

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
America was founded not as a Theocratic government but on a secular government. Which is why our Constitution prohibits any law “respecting an establishment of religion.”
This doesn't mean America is not today a Christian nation. The Declaration of Independence refers to God four times in its language. And, very importantly, states that our rights come from the Creator.

Just because we have anti-Christian politicians does not mean those anti-Christian people alter the spirit of this nation and the threads that were woven into our creation per the Bible and God. They may act the fool and denigrate our faith but they do not and never shall strip those threads out of the tapestry that blankets this country and its people.

If we accept the idea that we are a non-Christian nation today, they win! Concession to evil is not righteous. It is suicide.

I for one will NEVER concede to the evocation of the anti-Christs here. One nation under God.
In God we Trust. First Amendment! Separation of church and state.
God and Christ are everywhere in America! If we allow the fog of anti-Christ speak , sort of speak, to lead us to believe....Christ is no longer the spirit that this country is founded in, who are we?

And what then do we tell our ancestors who died to insure this nation remain a free Constitutional Democratic Republic? "Sorry, the anti-Christ brigade is just too many!" ?
Not while I breathe!
If we concede in our thoughts, we then become a victim of them. And believe we as Christians are struggling to survive here like other nations where our sisters and brothers are being targeted and killed for existing as Christians there. We're the beacon on the hill that give them hope!
Are you ready to put that light under a bushel basket?

I'm not.

I agree with you that America was not founded as a theocracy. but given the plethora of quotes from our Founders saying we were a Christian nation- I would dis agree that we are a godly nation today. The majority of Americans cannot name the four gospel writers.

We have murdered 55,000,000+ babies in less than 50 years
We are a world leader in pornography
1 in 2 marriages end in divorce
we celebrate homosexuality and "trans" ( we now have over 50 genders???)

AS John Adams said:

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

And religion as used in their day was the christian religion!

It is sad that as biblical christianity is waning in America, so isn't adherence to teh constitution.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After 20 years of the way of the cross, Jesus resurrected Himself in me.
After my heart had been circumcised.
From the time I wake up until the time I go to sleep, I'm full of the joy, peace, and harmony of the Lord Jesus Messiah.
He speaks to me all day. It's not a struggle to hear Him anymore.
And when I sleep, He talks with me in dreams.
Each day is better than the last.
I used to love revival while it lasted.
This seemed to start when I began sharing my story on Christianity Board last August and has spread to my FB family since the Lord withdrew me from CB for the month of November.
He constantly amazes and astounds me.
He has personally allowed me to witness 2 people coming to faith in Him.
He has given me two words of knowledge that when I shared them, two precious, bound, people were set free.
I no longer get in the way of what He wants to do through me.
My old fears are gone.
I see His kingdom growing in my own home.
I'm not perfect but He is perfect in me.
If I'm not weeping because of the things He is breaking my heart over, I'm weeping because of His joy.
I'm sure glad there's not a toilet paper shortage.
Reviving...restoring...renewing...!:)

Wonderful!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Truman