The deep danger of politicizing Christianity. It simply reveals our deep need for revival.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was searching my heart and my conscience a little while ago in light of the 2nd greatest commandment, and my answer would an absolute "Yes," without any qualification whatsoever. Not to insults (which I flatly denied and still do), but to speaking the truth and holding others to standards that I have faith they should be able to meet.

So how are you doing this evening?
I am peachy, thank you for asking. :) There's a Boston cream pie in the fridge. :D
How are you doing my brother?

DancesWithGnostics

Nov 6, 2020
Waco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think other breeds love salt as well - but there are probably better ways to provide salt-licks for the cattle than looking back and becoming one yourself.

How did you know the height of Lot's wife, WaterSong?

Reactions: WaterSong

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think other breeds love salt as well - but there are probably better ways to provide salt-licks for the cattle than looking back and becoming one yourself.
No worries. Sodom and Gomorrah aren't near my neck of the woods.

How did you know the height of Lot's wife, WaterSong?
I didn't. I'm 5'4", so I just used that. Actually, I'm 5'41/2. Fractions are important when you're short.

Reactions: Ziggy

DancesWithGnostics

Nov 6, 2020
Waco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A thread that starts with "Oh, what a wretched church we are!" in the OP has an uphill struggle...

And now an argument on whether the church is called to be salt of the earth - good grief.

Reactions: marks

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am peachy, thank you for asking. :) There's a Boston cream pie in the fridge. :D
How are you doing my brother?

I'm changing out a faucet (the 2nd. Kitchen is already done) for my wife cuz she has a birthday party she wants to throw here tomorrow.

Congratulations on the Boston cream pie in your fridge. If there's one in there you can send to Louisiana, send it along.

Reactions: WaterSong

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm changing out a faucet (the 2nd. Kitchen is already done) for my wife cuz she has a birthday party she wants to throw here tomorrow.
Oh, a new kitchen? That's wonderful. And a handyman hubby to boot. That's the gift that keeps on giving.
Have a happy birthday and party. :)

Congratulations on the Boston cream pie in your fridge. If there's one in there you can send to Louisiana, send it along.
Will do. :)

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
I am not sure how this will be received, but it must be said. The rift created by this election should scare the pants off of us, not because the party we are affiliated with may not like the results, nor because some are now talking about armed civil war (although that is truly disturbing) but because, ultimately, it reveals the terrible state of the church here in the U.S.

We as His body are called to be the salt of the earth, its 'preservative' from evil having free rein, but sadly, the truth is, we have become sucked into the earths death throlls and on each side of the argument, Christians have been deceived, each one convinced that satan is motivating the other side. The truth is, they are both right.

We as His eternal children, are not of the earth. We are simply sojourners, passers through, but we simply do not get that yet. This is not our home. It never was. I have seen posts here even recently talking about armed rebellion to send 'the left' to see satan. Good Lord, have mercy on us!

On the one side, you have those approving abortion, transgender treatment for kids, gay marriage and stopping support of Israel. On the other side, a leader willing to separate children from parent, one who lies constantly, a man who has no moral compass at all, who has an army of yes men to do his bidding no matter what laws he has to break to get his way. Conspiracy theories have been eaten up like candy, even when no proofs have been presented to substantiate them.

We have all been so overrun by lies and fake news that few have the wisdom to see what is happening. It truly is a terrifying time.

Both of these choices should send us to our knees but instead, multitudes have chosen sides and by doing so, are choosing evil, no matter which side they think is 'more' right. Both are evil and I pray we see that.

America is not God's bastion of truth in a world running amok. We are carnal, self-centered, doing what benefits us just like everyone else. God and patriotism will soon have to part ways and if any think they can keep one foot in each arena, they will soon have to make a choice. We cannot serve God and the god of this earth.

Perilous times are fast approaching. We cannot even fathom how close we are to the end. There is but one place of safety, on our knees, submitting to Him alone, begging Him to forgive us for our blindness and hardness of heart. God will abundantly pardon us and bring us to His place of safety, freed from the grip of our carnal natures and the sin that so easily besets us, but He is waiting on us, each one of us, to tell Him we need Him to rescue us from our carnal, earthly mindset.

In the early church, as Caesar was burning Christians to light His courtyard, as entire families were being fed to wild beasts to entertain the public, Christians did not fight back. They believed that whoever was the governing authority was appointed by God. It was not a stamp of approval on them. Do we understand that?

Now is the time when we need to revisit the verse that tells us:

2 Chronicles 7:14
King James Version

"14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

The question before us is..... will we admit our need, both collectively and individually, that it is OUR sin that needs to be confessed and healed? God has promised to heal our land.... not America, but the church itself, worldwide.

I do not think I can remember a time I have been more saddened by what I see happening to us as His people. Yes, we will have tribulation in the world. Yes, things are terrible and confusing and disheartening. But guys, for Jesus to return, these things MUST come to pass.

We are to overcome evil, but cannot do so until the evil is first subdued in us, in our own hearts. Our call is not to overcome evil with armed 'defense of the truth', no matter what we believe is the truth.

There is but ONE truth, Jesus Himself, and He does not need us defending Him. He needs us to submit to Him, fully, 100% surrender, for it is the only way we can overcome evil with good.

May God awaken us to our great need, for it is the only path to us having our eyes opened to how, despite the world rolling on towards destruction, we can walk faithful to Him all the way to the end.

Let us remember that the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. Let us cry out to our God for heavenly mindedness, eyes that have a laser focus on Christ. Evil men will wax worse and worse, both democrats and republicans. This world is rotting and the rot is coming towards the surface, infecting even those who are called to be part of the Bride. I pray eyes are opened to what satan's plan is and that we all flee into the safety of Christ's open arms.

blessings to all who are His children,

Gideon

Lord Jesus, have mercy upon your servant for such a poorly worded call to your children. Forgive us all Lord, mysrlf at the head of the line, for our self willed blindness to the truth of who we are and what our calling actually entails.

Let the blinders fall from our eyes that we might see the hope of our calling and the exceeding great power You have towards usward who believe.

Forgive each one of us for our part, big or small, in promoting our own kingdom at the expense of yours.

Restore us to full spiritual health, no matter the cost to us personally, and use us Lord in these last days, to save as many as possible from the destruction we know is coming.

Give us eyes that see past today, our past our own little worlds, or past the borders of our own country of residence. Let us see that ultimately, there is simply your will or ours and our call is full and absolute surrender. Amen.

I agree with everything in the post, very well stated...

Would like to say however, that this earth was made for us ,the evil one's are those that will not be here

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
That's not quite right.

Jesus told the Jews that they ARE the salt of the earth. Nowhere are the body of Christ "called to be" salt.

Much love!

There's neither Jew nor gentile ,once Christ died on that cross all became one in Him ,if you chose to be

Two tree's you belong to one of them, ain't nobody special

Matthew 5:13 "Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men."

The "salt of the earth" are His disciples, those who study under Him, and those who came when Jesus said, "follow Me". When you repented and turned from your sinful ways, then you also became the salt of the earth. This is an analogy, and Christ is saying that you are the ones that are to save the kingdom of God, to sprinkle the teachings of His Word among His children, and bring the message alive to men of the earth, bringing the preservation of souls.

But if you as the salt, lay bare on the earth, exposed to the elements, you lose your savour, and the salt which was once full of flavour and making a difference, is now bland and of no effect, becoming fit not for preserving, but for the recycle pile.

This is similar to the leaven in the bread. If you are a true Christian, then when you put a little leaven [truth of God's Word] in the bread [world], the the world around you [which is the bread] will become leavened, or open to the truth.

What Jesus then is telling His disciples is that it is them, and all Christians that He is relying on to make the world salted with His Word. This is not talking about being abrasive, but a man or woman of God that knows how to represent our Lord in this world. We are to make a difference in the world that we live in, and if we can't make that difference, then of what use are we to God? To many people, their salt is given through their systematic financial support of a ministry, or as a prayer warrior. There are many avenues that God can use you, if you study His Word, and make yourself available in the ways that you have.

Most of the time, the salt is the least of all the ingredients that goes to make up the food that we eat, however if it is left out, it will change the entire taste and success of the cooking. The amount of salt, or added effort given by the Christian, can make a great difference, as Jesus pointed out with the widow's mite. God will use, and bless what you give from the heart, the first fruits of your labor, in His service. From that gift added to that of other tithes of dedicated Christians the Lord will build His kingdom, and each will share in the rewards equally at the close of the age. That is why your salt is important, what you add to the kingdom; it prepares you for service in the Kingdom to come. You give your tithe after the fact, to the place where you are taught.

How much more do you know of the Scripture today then ten, twenty or thirty years ago? If the answer is not much, then you are wasting God's money, and His tithe is not producing spiritual food with any flavor - but unpalatable spiritual food.

matthew5

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not quite right.

Jesus told the Jews that they ARE the salt of the earth. Nowhere are the body of Christ "called to be" salt.

Much love!
:) We are spiritual Israel.

Matthew 5:13 “You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet.

14 “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reporting deaths FRAUDULENTLY is not medical science. It is politics.
It is also malpractice and a felony when the U.S. government grants monies to medical institutions or physicians having reported deaths due to Covid-19.
Kindly scrutizine CDC web site carefully and seen how they have tried to obfuscate the truth.

A Johns Hopkins researcher recently published a paper showing that COVID deaths HAD NOT increased total deaths in the USA in any significant way. But because this went against the Leftist narrative, this paper was *disappeared* in a hurry. Check it out for yourself.
Couple that with the number of false positives when tested for Covid-19, and worse, people who didn't get tested receiving SMS informing them they had tested positive.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My OP tried to make it clear. If we think by supporting one evil choice over another will bring about the will of God, we will be sowing to the wind. I would like to stay on task here trying to point us away from this world and the mess we are in. These things must come to pass, but no matter who wins, if hate reigns in our hearts, we all lose.

Overcoming evil with good, hatred with love, impatience with patience, this is our calling as His children. May God awaken us to who we are.... and who we are not.

blessings,

Gideon
Where in scripture are we told our actions bring about the will of God? Where is it written God's will is contingent on our acts?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pick choice C. God is still on the throne and always will be, AND it DOES matter who is president of the U.S.

To us it matters, to the Lord? Meh not so much. god will perform His will. He is the one who raises up and puts down rulers according to His purposes and His Will. We vote- He decides.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only in a sense. God can use who He wants. It is not so much the person as it is what God will perform through them that matters. Reemember if He can use Baalams donkey- He can use anyone and place them in a position of ower.
You’re not being consistent. Either God places specific people in power, or He doesn’t. The Bible clearly shows that He does even though He can use whomever He chooses.

I would just add that either it’s God’s will for Trump to serve another term or it’s not. I believe that it is God’s will. We will see.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re not being consistent. Either God places specific people in power, or He doesn’t. The Bible clearly shows that He does even though He can use whomever He chooses.

I would just add that either it’s God’s will for Trump to serve another term or it’s not. I believe that it is God’s will. We will see.

He raises up and puts down. I simply do not know how important the WHO he places is , but I know what God will do through the who is what is important. No one is indispensable to God. If we won't accomplish HIs will- He sets us aside and will raise up someone else. Just like it is written in Esther.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He raises up and puts down. I simply do not know how important the WHO he places is , but I know what God will do through the who is what is important. No one is indispensable to God. If we won't accomplish HIs will- He sets us aside and will raise up someone else. Just like it is written in Esther.
My dear, we are talking in circles at this point. Above all, I pray that God’s will be done! Perhaps you can agree with me in this prayer.