The Devil Made Me Do It

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Arnie, merely reading the title of this thread made me recall Flip Wilson's routine. Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
[SIZE=large]It is sad that people believe that saying, Satan made me do it, is funny.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]What Satan does to people is not funny. He is evil and he introduces all evil. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]Satan rules the world, and has many ways to manipulate people. My understanding is that Satan puts evil thoughts into people’s minds. He also can make people feel lust for anyone. He makes people lust after one of the same sex, or even lust for someone not his or her wife or husband. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]If a persons owns Satan’s input as their own thoughts or feelings, then he or she are trapped into a sinful life. [/SIZE]

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
Arnie Manitoba said:
Giver ... are you sure you are not confused between what is the sinful nature in man , and what is the devil??

[SIZE=large]Who told you that man has a sinful nature? Does scripture tell us that?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]Jesus tells me that what I posted about Satan is true. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]No matter who tells one anything about God he or she should ask Jesus if it is true or not.[/SIZE]

Follower2

Dec 11, 2013
As I read scripture I see that the Devil is The Accuser , Advisory & The Tempter. If what is in man cannot be tempted the Devil would be out of a job. The beast nature is still very alive within man, that is why we are called to be Overcomers.
Satan is the prince of this world, yes. 'When he comes does he 'find anything within us' to tempt. Jesus said that he came, but diod not find anything 'in Him'.
Our Lord Jesus overcame the world the flesh and the devil. He lives within His people and has given grace and ability to overcome. We are not perfected yet, but, the fact is the devil doesn't make us do anything, and we all know that, that is why the above post/video is funny. :) He is alive and well as the Temper though, that is his job.

[SIZE=13.600000381469727px]John 10 4"TheShepherd goeth[/SIZE] before them, and the sheep follow Him: for they know his voice. [SIZE=13.600000381469727px]5[/SIZE] And a stranger will they not follow but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers."

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Giver said:
[SIZE=large]Who told you that man has a sinful nature? Does scripture tell us that?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]Jesus tells me that what I posted about Satan is true. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]No matter who tells one anything about God he or she should ask Jesus if it is true or not.[/SIZE]
You are not even aware that the bible speaks about our (Holy) Spiritual nature competing with our sinful nature

So please do not feel you can teach me anything

Furthermore this thread was intended to be light hearted humor about a reverend's wife who bought a new dress

OK ?

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Follower2 said:
If what is in man cannot be tempted the Devil would be out of a job.
Personally, I think that is a very accurate statement.

The Devil has had centuries of experience studying human nature, and if he
could push Eve's buttons right out of the box, then I would expect that he
would have very little, if any, trouble pushing people's buttons in today's
world in order to manipulate them to do, say, and think things that God
cannot approve-- at least that's what I get out of Eph 2:1-3.

Buen Camino
/

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
Arnie Manitoba said:
You are not even aware that the bible speaks about our (Holy) Spiritual nature competing with our sinful nature

So please do not feel you can teach me anything

Furthermore this thread was intended to be light hearted humor about a reverend's wife who bought a new dress

OK ?
[SIZE=16pt](Galations 5:13-26)[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt][/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]. “I say, then: live by the Spirit and you will certainly not gratify the desire of the flesh.[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]For the flesh has desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; these are opposed to each other, so that you may not do what you want. But if you are guided by the Spirit, you are not under the law”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]Does the desires of the flesh mean that we have a sinful nature?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Man was given a spirit, which was given to us by God, and is of God. To me that means our nature is of God, but Satan had corrupted the tent that our spirits are housed, which is our flesh.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]A Christian is protected from Satan, because a Christian’s spirit is united with the Holy Spirit, and Satan can no longer corrupt a Christian’s flesh.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The devil made me do it a satement that shows one can not accept blame for their own actions. I say I am a sinner saved by grace, I may fall but th Lord is there for me to turn back to.

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
clark thompson said:
The devil made me do it a satement that shows one can not accept blame for their own actions. I say I am a sinner saved by grace, I may fall but th Lord is there for me to turn back to.
[SIZE=16pt]Yes I believe Satan had Calvin, Luther, and the rest of the Reformers sell that lie to people.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus killed the whole world except eight people because they did not obey him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus came to defeat Satan/sin. He died on a cross to pay for our past sins. He gave us his Holy Spirit to keep us from disobeying him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Yet people can believe they will not be held accountable for their disobedience. [/SIZE]

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Here we go again. :rolleyes:

Giver said:
[SIZE=16pt]Yes I believe Satan had Calvin, Luther, and the rest of the Reformers sell that lie to people.[/SIZE]
Giver, just out of curiosity, did you join this website for the purpose of promoting an anti-Protestant agenda?
It appears to me that is what you are promoting.

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
Dodo_David said:
Here we go again. :rolleyes:

Giver, just out of curiosity, did you join this website for the purpose of promoting an anti-Protestant agenda?
It appears to me that is what you are promoting.
[SIZE=16pt]I came to this forum to share the truth as Jesus has taught me to share.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]If you find the truth, as I believe was taught to me by Jesus, to be anti Protestant then maybe you should take a good look at what the Protestant Churches have been teaching.[/SIZE]

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Giver, are you saying that you have received a direct revelation straight from the LORD Jesus just like the Apostle Paul did?

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Dodo_David said:
Giver, are you saying that you have received a direct revelation straight from the LORD Jesus just like the Apostle Paul did?

Giver said:
tumblr_inline_my2u7pr0Ax1rfqd6e.gif

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Mr Giver .... Jesus told me to tell you you have it all wrong.

He said your sinful nature rejoices in finding fault with everybody else .... you rub your hands with glee pointing it out. .... but you have it upside down

Jesus said you are to spend your life examining yourself and use the Holy Spirit to overcome your own faults.

He went on to say that you do not enjoy examining yourself so you go and try find 100 people worse than you so it ends up making you feel better.

But your relief is only temporary so you end up going from forum to forum searching for new victims.

He told me to tell you to stop right now .... quit looking at everybody else and look at yourself ... .... it is not your function to examine anybody else so smarten up right now

That is what Jesus told me to tell you.

OK

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
Arnie Manitoba said:
Mr Giver .... Jesus told me to tell you you have it all wrong.

He said your sinful nature rejoices in finding fault with everybody else .... you rub your hands with glee pointing it out. .... but you have it upside down

Jesus said you are to spend your life examining yourself and use the Holy Spirit to overcome your own faults.

He went on to say that you do not enjoy examining yourself so you go and try find 100 people worse than you so it ends up making you feel better.

But your relief is only temporary so you end up going from forum to forum searching for new victims.

He told me to tell you to stop right now .... quit looking at everybody else and look at yourself ... .... it is not your function to examine anybody else so smarten up right now

That is what Jesus told me to tell you.

OK
[SIZE=large]The Holy Spirit once told me to tell people that no matter who tells them anything about God they were to ask Jesus if it was right or wrong. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]I just asked Jesus if you were right or wrong, and he said you are wrong.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]He also said the it was just your opinion that you posted, and you have no scripture to confirm your opinion. [/SIZE]

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
†. Eph 2:3 . . Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath.

If Paul and his friends were "by nature" the objects of wrath; then isn't
that the same as saying that they had a sinful nature?

Buen Camino
/

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
Webers_Home said:
†. Eph 2:3 . . Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath.

If Paul and his friends were "by nature" the objects of wrath; then isn't
that the same as saying that they had a sinful nature?

Buen Camino
/
NO!