The devil's lie about politics.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can only think, @DNB, that you are here playing the devil's advocate in order to elicit a response from me that would be in conjunction with what you really want to hear, on behalf of Trump and a Christian influence in government that would preserve our religious liberties.

Our hope is not in this world, that is true; but we also have to live in this world for as long as the rapture does not occur.

I am certain that you do not want for the devil to prevail in the United States to take away our religious freedom; your own religious freedom would be in jeopardy.

The only problem with your position is that it is only Christian integration in world politics that will stand for religious freedom. If world politics are left up to atheists or communists (the democrats) or other non-Christian/anti-Christian groups, religious freedom will be undermined and possibly even taken away.

As Christians, we believe that where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (2 Corinthians 3:17).

As a matter of fact, freedom of religion is something that is specifically established by Christianity in our culture.

It is written, that during the millennial period, when Jesus Christ will be ruling and reigning from Jerusalem, there will be religious freedom throughout the world (Micah 4:5).

This is because our God is a God of freedom and liberty.

And those who are opposed to our God tend to be opposed to freedom and liberty.

We give them the right to hold to whatever religious views they desire to hold; but it will not be tolerated when they attempt to impose their religious views on us apart from our own choice in the matter.

When they tell us that we cannot assemble in a church assembly in our nation anymore, then that interferes with our religious freedom to not forsake the assembly, which we are actually commanded to do in holy scripture (Hebrews 10:25).
I've been a republican before you were born and to call trump christian is an oxymoron for he claims to be sinless. trump says and does whatever it takes to get votes which included lying, he knows without the vote of so-called christians he cannot win. There is no winner in this election just 2 pathetic liars running for president.

Our nation is heathen, not Christian. Read any barna poll about the condition of America. Its an atheistic/agnostic nation, not a christian nation.

This has been the trend below over the past few decades beginning in the 50's and the 60's

“The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians: who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.”― Brennan Manning

hope this helps !!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been a republican before you were born and to call trump christian is an oxymoron for he claims to be sinless. trump says and does whatever it takes to get votes which included lying, he knows without the vote of so-called christians he cannot win. There is no winner in this election just 2 pathetic liars running for president.

Our nation is heathen, not Christian. Read any barna poll about the condition of America. Its an atheistic/agnostic nation, not a christian nation.

This has been the trend below over the past few decades beginning in the 50's and the 60's

“The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians: who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.”― Brennan Manning

hope this helps !!!
You are not the judge of our President's heart; so that you can know whether or not he is truly born again.

It is true that he may be pandering to the Christians in our nation in order to get our votes; but you must consider that there are more who do not believe in Christianity in our nation; and therefore would he not be wiser, from a worldly perspective, to pander to the non-Christian population?

Now if he wants the prayers of the saints as concerning his re-election, then that is coming from a perspective of faith.

I'm uncertain how anyone can call themselves a Christian and not support our President.

His "locker talk" happened before he allegedly received Christ immediately before he became President. Let bygones be bygones. As far as I'm concerned he has done well for our country and our economy. If not for the coronavirus our nation would be prospering very greatly. If Biden gets in he will not do as well for our economy. He will put our nation in lockdown and the economy would suffer greatly, even to the point of another great depression.

I believe that our President has sought the Lord as to the things that he would implement in our nation; he has been governing our nation from the perspective of a man of faith.

If Trump were not born again he would not be as hated by the media and liberal democrats as he truly is hated by them. I most certainly believe that their hatred of him is stemmed in the fact that he is a follower of Jesus now. I don't think I need to bring up the scriptures that tells us (such as in John 15) that Christians will be hated by the world. Those scriptures are well-known, I think, even by those who run with the world. Perhaps not; for you would think that if they knew them it would convince them of the truth of Christianity since it speaks to their situation that they live in hatred of born again believers in Christ.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not the judge of our President's heart; so that you can know whether or not he is truly born again.

It is true that he may be pandering to the Christians in our nation in order to get our votes; but you must consider that there are more who do not believe in Christianity in our nation; and therefore would he not be wiser, from a worldly perspective, to pander to the non-Christian population?

Now if he wants the prayers of the saints as concerning his re-election, then that is coming from a perspective of faith.

I'm uncertain how anyone can call themselves a Christian and not support our President.

His "locker talk" happened before he allegedly received Christ immediately before he became President. Let bygones be bygones. As far as I'm concerned he has done well for our country and our economy. If not for the coronavirus our nation would be prospering very greatly. If Biden gets in he will not do as well for our economy. He will put our nation in lockdown and the economy would suffer greatly, even to the point of another great depression.

I believe that our President has sought the Lord as to the things that he would implement in our nation; he has been governing our nation from the perspective of a man of faith.

If Trump were not born again he would not be as hated by the media and liberal democrats as he truly is hated by them. I most certainly believe that their hatred of him is stemmed in the fact that he is a follower of Jesus now. I don't think I need to bring up the scriptures that tells us (such as in John 15) that Christians will be hated by the world. Those scriptures are well-known, I think, even by those who run with the world. Perhaps not; for you would think that if they knew them it would convince them of the truth of Christianity since it speaks to their situation that they live in hatred of born again believers in Christ.
Anyone who is born again admits they were/are a sinner. Until one admits that there is no SALVATION. So much for your theory.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who is born again admits they were/are a sinner. Until one admits that there is no SALVATION. So much for your theory.
I had heard that Trump had prayed the sinner's prayer.

Isn't it included in that that you admit that you are a sinner?

Do you have any proof that Trump denies the fact of indwelling sin?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who is born again admits they were/are a sinner. Until one admits that there is no SALVATION
I had heard that Trump had prayed the sinner's prayer.

Isn't it included in that that you admit that you are a sinner?

Do you have any proof that Trump denies the fact of indwelling sin?
Trump believes in God, but hasn't sought forgiveness - CNNPolitics

Donald Trump talked about his Christian faith Saturday, but said he's never sought forgiveness for his sins.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't find your video at the link location.

That you would say there is a video when there isn't makes you a possible collaborator of fake news...

Quoting single verses out of context from six different books in your "signature" weakens the validity of your argument.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
President Trump is surrounded by enemies. I don't think it would have been wise for him to say he sought forgiveness. That would mean he admits to sinning publicly, and you know CNN wouldn't leave it be.

What did you ask for forgiveness over? He would be stuck between a rock and a hard place with that question. It would look worse to the world if he were to say none of your business.

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quoting single verses out of context from six different books in your "signature" weakens the validity of your argument.

1Co 2:13, Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Since all scripture is inspired by the Holy Ghost (2 Timothy 3:16), I don't think that a difference in author or book is going to change this principle of hermeneutics found in the above verse.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If (God forbid) Biden wins, the democrats get a majority in the senate, and they pack the Supreme Court in order to get a radical democratic majority, they will have completely ruined their credibility with the American people and will lose the next election in four years (concerning both the Presidency and the Senate); and at that point there is nothing to prevent Republicans from re-packing the court in favour of Republican views. If they can do it, we can do it.

Mike12

Oct 28, 2020
Madison
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to wonder what it will matter soon when they've all left the tithe behind. What is that 10% you wonder? Anybody? And you read of Civil War Generals, and they have a 10% tithe, and you read of john d rockefeller and a 10% tithe. Well? Don't pay "government", what is that, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.