The devil's lie about politics.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He spreads this lie in the church but not in the world, that politics don't matter.

You hear things like, "God is on the throne no matter who wins this election" and other such things of like manner.

I would say that God's will can be accomplished more easily in our country if the people running the country are looking to Him for guidance.

2Sa 23:3, The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

Politics do matter.

If you are a believer today, be certain that you don't believe the lie of the devil...

Get out and vote in this election.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He spreads this lie in the church but not in the world, that politics don't matter.

You hear things like, "God is on the throne no matter who wins this election" and other such things of like manner.

I would say that God's will can be accomplished more easily in our country if the people running the country are looking to Him for guidance.

2Sa 23:3, The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

Politics do matter.

If you are a believer today, be certain that you don't believe the lie of the devil...

Get out and vote in this election.

My own view is extremely unpopular, but presupposes your belief that politics do matter. My belief is that God has called nations to serve only one God and one Christ. In other words, His plan has been to create "Christian nations."

Since this appears to have been a failed experiment in history, many have given up on the idea. Israel, as a nation serving God alone, seems to have failed. Their belief ultimately moved beyond polytheism, but the nation failed to follow the rules of their one God, and they were dispersed.

In NT history, many nations have presumed to be "Christian nations." And like Israel, they balanced Christianity and ultra-toleration for other religions, aka polytheism. Ultimately, the dominant Christian belief became something other than "Christian," and "Christian nations" have seemed to disappear.

But I don't believe God's original desire was ever to have only individuals saved, as if they were tiny little islands in a sea of paganism. Rather, God wants not only personal salvation, but also social justice. Christians, therefore, should be pursuing a Christian society, and not just personal Christianity. My belief only....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am inclined to call for a fast among believers concerning this coming election, as Jentezen Franklin did in the last election.

Since there may be only a few who will even see this post, it is important that those who do see it choose to fast for a full day (or more) before going to the polls this election.

The more I see the reality of what is going on in our nation on Fox News, the more I understand the gravity of this election and the importance that Trump be re-elected. Our very freedoms are at stake.

And even as the democrats have said, it is a battle for the soul of the nation.

The problem for them is, they are contending to destroy the soul of the nation; but they will not tell you that.

I keep seeing the lies that they are propagating through the liberal media and it sickens me.

The soul of the nation is indeed at stake.

If the democrats win this election, they will destroy it; they will take away religious freedom and all of the rights given to us in the Bill of Rights.

They have not denied their desire to pack the court and end the legislative filibuster. It is indeed a grab for power.

And if they are given that power, many of them are opposed to our nation being established in Judeo-Christian values and would work to attempt to destroy that in society as they have done for many years.

Reactions: Enoch111

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am inclined to call for a fast among believers concerning this coming election, as Jentezen Franklin did in the last election.

Since there may be only a few who will even see this post, it is important that those who do see it choose to fast for a full day (or more) before going to the polls this election.

The more I see the reality of what is going on in our nation on Fox News, the more I understand the gravity of this election and the importance that Trump be re-elected. Our very freedoms are at stake.

And even as the democrats have said, it is a battle for the soul of the nation.

The problem for them is, they are contending to destroy the soul of the nation; but they will not tell you that.

I keep seeing the lies that they are propagating through the liberal media and it sickens me.

The soul of the nation is indeed at stake.

If the democrats win this election, they will destroy it; they will take away religious freedom and all of the rights given to us in the Bill of Rights.

They have not denied their desire to pack the court and end the legislative filibuster. It is indeed a grab for power.

And if they are given that power, many of them are opposed to our nation being established in Judeo-Christian values and would work to attempt to destroy that in society as they have done for many years.
Our hope is not in this world, as it is Satan's world, the prince of the air. Therefore, we do not expect, nor want, Christian integration with world politics. God is in control, as He is when a rapist or war monger acts, or when the Christians were persecuted during the time of the Roman emperors. Therefore, it does not mean that as a Christian, we need to take part in all things on earth. It means the opposite, estrange ourselves as much as possible from the demonic forces that run the world, and all its conventions. Trump is the devil's puppet, he is one of the most hideous and repulsive men, let alone world leader, to walk the face of the earth.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can only think, @DNB, that you are here playing the devil's advocate in order to elicit a response from me that would be in conjunction with what you really want to hear, on behalf of Trump and a Christian influence in government that would preserve our religious liberties.

Our hope is not in this world, that is true; but we also have to live in this world for as long as the rapture does not occur.

I am certain that you do not want for the devil to prevail in the United States to take away our religious freedom; your own religious freedom would be in jeopardy.

The only problem with your position is that it is only Christian integration in world politics that will stand for religious freedom. If world politics are left up to atheists or communists (the democrats) or other non-Christian/anti-Christian groups, religious freedom will be undermined and possibly even taken away.

As Christians, we believe that where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (2 Corinthians 3:17).

As a matter of fact, freedom of religion is something that is specifically established by Christianity in our culture.

It is written, that during the millennial period, when Jesus Christ will be ruling and reigning from Jerusalem, there will be religious freedom throughout the world (Micah 4:5).

This is because our God is a God of freedom and liberty.

And those who are opposed to our God tend to be opposed to freedom and liberty.

We give them the right to hold to whatever religious views they desire to hold; but it will not be tolerated when they attempt to impose their religious views on us apart from our own choice in the matter.

When they tell us that we cannot assemble in a church assembly in our nation anymore, then that interferes with our religious freedom to not forsake the assembly, which we are actually commanded to do in holy scripture (Hebrews 10:25).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the way things look, they are going to want to use the 25th amendment to take Joe Biden down so that Kamala can be President.

While it would surely be a historic event for a black woman to become President of the United States, I would say that a woman becoming President might not be as good of a thing as people might think.

Isa 3:11, Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.
Isa 3:12, As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.
Isa 3:13, The LORD standeth up to plead, and standeth to judge the people.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will repeat that the liberal media and the democratic candidates do also keep repeating lies.

As one example, I have seen the footage of Biden and Kamala saying that they are in favour of banning fracking and then out of the other side of their mouth saying the exact opposite.

They are wanting to cater to their radical left base and also gain the approval of moderate democrats; in doing so they come across as double-minded and we know what James 1:8 says about that.

Is this who you want in the Executive Branch of our government?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another example of them lying is that they have said that Trump never disavowed White Supremacy, David Duke, and like things.

I have also seen the footage where the Donald did in fact disavow David Duke and White Supremacy (in his words, from the time he was five years old);

Yet the liberal media continues to propagate this lie.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can only think, @DNB, that you are here playing the devil's advocate in order to elicit a response from me that would be in conjunction with what you really want to hear, on behalf of Trump and a Christian influence in government that would preserve our religious liberties.

Our hope is not in this world, that is true; but we also have to live in this world for as long as the rapture does not occur.

I am certain that you do not want for the devil to prevail in the United States to take away our religious freedom; your own religious freedom would be in jeopardy.

The only problem with your position is that it is only Christian integration in world politics that will stand for religious freedom. If world politics are left up to atheists or communists (the democrats) or other non-Christian/anti-Christian groups, religious freedom will be undermined and possibly even taken away.

As Christians, we believe that where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (2 Corinthians 3:17).

As a matter of fact, freedom of religion is something that is specifically established by Christianity in our culture.

It is written, that during the millennial period, when Jesus Christ will be ruling and reigning from Jerusalem, there will be religious freedom throughout the world (Micah 4:5).

This is because our God is a God of freedom and liberty.

And those who are opposed to our God tend to be opposed to freedom and liberty.

We give them the right to hold to whatever religious views they desire to hold; but it will not be tolerated when they attempt to impose their religious views on us apart from our own choice in the matter.

When they tell us that we cannot assemble in a church assembly in our nation anymore, then that interferes with our religious freedom to not forsake the assembly, which we are actually commanded to do in holy scripture (Hebrews 10:25).
As a world leader, one by vocation, is obligated to defy Christian principles. One must be prepared to go to war, incarceration is mandatory for state offenses, police must carry guns and shoot to kill if necessary, marriage is a contract with the government and not a covenant with God. Political borders discriminate, and a leader's obligation is to his country first, not his neighbour's who may be worse off.

The two, Church and State, are not compatible. One's allegiance to one, is to compromise their allegiance to the other.
Pray for your leaders that they are benevolent, but stay clear from their arena in which they administer the secular precepts and standards.
Love God with all your heart mind and soul, and die in His name if necessary, ...neither apply to your country.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My own view is extremely unpopular, but presupposes your belief that politics do matter. My belief is that God has called nations to serve only one God and one Christ. In other words, His plan has been to create "Christian nations."

Since this appears to have been a failed experiment in history, many have given up on the idea. Israel, as a nation serving God alone, seems to have failed. Their belief ultimately moved beyond polytheism, but the nation failed to follow the rules of their one God, and they were dispersed.

In NT history, many nations have presumed to be "Christian nations." And like Israel, they balanced Christianity and ultra-toleration for other religions, aka polytheism. Ultimately, the dominant Christian belief became something other than "Christian," and "Christian nations" have seemed to disappear.

But I don't believe God's original desire was ever to have only individuals saved, as if they were tiny little islands in a sea of paganism. Rather, God wants not only personal salvation, but also social justice. Christians, therefore, should be pursuing a Christian society, and not just personal Christianity. My belief only....
"My kingdom is not of this world".

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yet the liberal media continues to propagate this lie.
Hopefully every citizen should now be aware that the mainstream media in the Western world are literally the enemies of (1) the citizens, (2) the Constitution, (3) the rule of law, (4) the lawfully elected President, (5) all conservative and Christian values, (6) Christ, Christianity, and Christians.

Since they have only lies on their side, that is all that they do day after day -- lies and more lies. They deliberately slant their reporting and censor the truth, so that only lies will be heard. The worst offenders are the social media networks. And yet absolutely nothing has been done to deal with these criminal liars.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lol......Exaggerate much? Here one witnesses the end result of a Fox “ news” adherent....just throw anything out there.....you can’t disprove it so it MUST be true! God gave us brains for a reason—- it wasn’t to fall for Blind Propaganda and to be a Lemming .....even the Bible points out that there are two sides to every issue.....your esteemed Lard-Ass Limbaugh doesn’t know half as much as you and he thinks he does......I would say the same about MSNBC and Joe Scarborough .....

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"My kingdom is not of this world".

Yes--however, that's, I believe, the goal.

Isa 11.9 They will neither harm nor destroy
on all my holy mountain,
for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord
as the waters cover the sea.

Rev 11.15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said:
“The kingdom of the world has become
the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,
and he will reign for ever and ever.”

Technically, Jesus' Gospel of the Kingdom was that it had drawn "near"--it was not yet *here.*
Thanks.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol......Exaggerate much? Here one witnesses the end result of a Fox “ news” adherent....just throw anything out there.....you can’t disprove it so it MUST be true! God gave us brains for a reason—- it wasn’t to fall for Blind Propaganda and to be a Lemming .....even the Bible points out that there are two sides to every issue.....your esteemed Lard-Ass Limbaugh doesn’t know half as much as you and he thinks he does......I would say the same about MSNBC and Joe Scarborough .....
You want to take chances on your freedoms being taken away, vote for Biden this election.

btw, I do not have access to Rush Limbaugh's radio program...

However I do feel that I get a more all-inclusive viewpoint when I watch Tucker Carlson and Hannity.

They do not give their pov apart from also giving time to the opposing viewpoint so that everyone has a voice.

Of course, it may be that it is selective; in that it seems to always be that what carriers of the opposing viewpoint say, ends up being determinedly in favour of the conservative viewpoint when it is answered by Tucker or Hannity.

But that also may simply be because the opposing viewpoint lacks credibility from the getgo and cannot ever have logical superiority over the conservative pov.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Packing the Supreme Court is a big issue.

That Biden and Harris refuse to answer the question of whether they will pack the court or not speaks volumes (it may be possible that we will force their hand to answer in coming days)...

It has to do with whether the system of checks and balances is going to survive in the United States.

Filling a vacant position is not packing the court.

To pack the court means to create new positions on the Supreme Court and then fill them with people of your own political persuasion so that your political persuasion might have superiority in any case in the Supreme Court. It gives a sitting President the power to bypass the judicial branch of government by appointing justices who would cater to that sitting President.

Suppose that the democrats pack the court in the next eight years so that the democratic viewpoint prevails in every Supreme Court case. If, in the next eight years afte that, the Republicans pack the court so that their view prevails within the Supreme Court; and if this kind of behaviour continues that places the Supreme Court in the power of the Executive Branch. Thus the system of checks and balances would be null and void; and we would no longer have a constitutional form of government.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fox News "adherents", apparently, are considered to be bigoted and narrow-minded.

Sounds familiar...the same opinion is held about born again Christians everywhere.

Could it be that these things are more related than people let on?

I think that the fact that people who begin to pay attention to Fox News become "adherents" speaks volumes.

We are loyal to the programming because it is righteous and it also does not fail to show forth both sides of the issues...whereas many of the liberal media outlets only show one side of the issue.

I have even noticed how the liberal media outlets have failed to report many of the things that are detracting of Biden and incessantly report those things that are detracting of our President.

I guess they never heard the scripture, "Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people." (Acts of the Apostles 23:5).

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fox News "adherents", apparently, are considered to be bigoted and narrow-minded.

Sounds familiar...the same opinion is held about born again Christians everywhere.

Could it be that these things are more related than people let on?

I think that the fact that people who begin to pay attention to Fox News become "adherents" speaks volumes.

We are loyal to the programming because it is righteous and it also does not fail to show forth both sides of the issues...whereas many of the liberal media outlets only show one side of the issue.

I have even noticed how the liberal media outlets have failed to report many of the things that are detracting of Biden and incessantly report those things that are detracting of our President.

I guess they never heard the scripture, "Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people." (Acts of the Apostles 23:5).

With Fox News , trump can do no wrong.....With MSNBC , trump can do no right....
Life ain’t like that and both sides show their Foolishness by not acting as if that were true....I despise trump , but I agree with some of the things he does....I think Biden is a better man to lead the country than trump , but many of his stands , I take issue with.....NOBODY gets it right all of the time and NOBODY gets it wrong all of the time .....life SHOULD teach us that most things in life are neither Black or White —- most areas are Gray , and 99% of the time , one should find that Truth is found in the Middle—— SELDOM if “ ever” in the extremes.....I ignore ANYBODY that says this guy is alway right and that the other guy is always wrong.Its lazy, immature thinking.....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should see all of the blunders made by Biden recently...

At one point, he even proclaimed that he is running for the office of the Senate...

Did your news channel show him saying that?

If he cannot even get it right that he is actually running for the office of President...

you can be certain that Kamala is going to take over in short term if Biden is elected.

That is what this 25th amendment thing was about.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a world leader, one by vocation, is obligated to defy Christian principles. One must be prepared to go to war, incarceration is mandatory for state offenses, police must carry guns and shoot to kill if necessary, marriage is a contract with the government and not a covenant with God. Political borders discriminate, and a leader's obligation is to his country first, not his neighbour's who may be worse off.

The two, Church and State, are not compatible. One's allegiance to one, is to compromise their allegiance to the other.
Pray for your leaders that they are benevolent, but stay clear from their arena in which they administer the secular precepts and standards.
Love God with all your heart mind and soul, and die in His name if necessary, ...neither apply to your country.

Rev 2:18, And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
Rev 2:19, I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
Rev 2:20, Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
Rev 2:21, And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
Rev 2:22, Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
Rev 2:23, And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
Rev 2:24, But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.
Rev 2:25, But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
Rev 2:26, And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Rev 2:27, And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
Rev 2:28, And I will give him the morning star.
Rev 2:29, He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has everyone heard the news that twitter and Facebook censored a news story given by the New York Post about emails that show that Hunter Biden received exorbitant money from Russia and China and other countries in exchange for access to, and special treatment from, his father (Sleepy Joe; or, Basement Biden) who was Vice-President at that time?

Hopefully this news will not also be censored here, on a Christian Message Board; where freedom of speech is exalted and protected. I have had my posts censored at other Christian Message Boards but this one is pretty good about not censoring posts that the moderators disagree with. And I think also that the moderators of these boards have good heads on their shoulders and can see what is going on with that; that it is very much like what the Chinese government does in censoring things that it does not want to be known by the general public. And I know that they would not want to be in the same boat spiritually as those who censor free speech when this is supposed to be the United States of America; a government by the people and for the people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.