The Difference between RIGHEOUSNESS and HOLINESS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure it is... in the New Testament

1 Corinthians 6:19, 20
Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which you have of God, and you are not your own....for you are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1 Corinthians 3:16,17
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
If any man destroys the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Maybe your bible is defective???

Jesus Christ cannot be separated from what God says simply because Jesus Christ IS the Word of God that has come in the flesh. If Jesus was standing before you and you asked Him questions... He would ghive you answers from the Bible as He is personally responsible for the content of God's written Word.

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 1:1-3

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Hebrews 1:3
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power,

*God's power is IN Hiw Word... the Word of God is IN His written Word, the Bible.

John 12:48-50
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

We cannot know the Father without accepting His Word.... which is what He has to say

The Bible is not defective, and it is explained in the Bible that He is not the Scriptures. But do you even believe what was written in it? How will you hear His words if you don't believe that the Bible is right?

Jn 5:38 -40 “You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent.
“You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;
and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Jn 5:46,47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.
“But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

Well, there are 2 places in the Scriptures, both spoken by Jesus, where He Himself separates the writing from Himself.
Do you need another?

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

That does not mean the Scriptures are not worth reading and studying them, but they are not the Lord talking to you persoanlly, they are what we written because those who wrote them, like Moses and Paul, were trying to get you to listen by faith to Him!

Indeed, do you not know that one thing that is truly needed?

Gal 3: 1 -3 You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified?
This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?
Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?

So answer the one question Paul had - Did you receive the Spirit by works or the Law, or by hearing what the Holy Spirit of Christ says to you personally?

Luke 10:41,42 But the Lord answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.”

There is indeed "only one thing that is necessary" and that is listening to Him like Mary was doing, but the Galatians who had been deceived were not doing!

It is written: 2 Tim 3:15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

But though the sacred writings are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus, it does mean reading and studying them while leaning on your own understanding did wind up leading you to hearing Him by faith!! Some just refuse to actually seek Him for what He has to say to them.

Did you not even read where Satan tempted Jesus to make bread out of those stones in desert? You know those stones, don't you. The ones in which Moses brought down the mountain? Well, we don't live by them, as Jesus reproved that old snake. We live by every words the proceeds out of the mouth of God, and He said He would never leave us - so you can sit at His feet and listen to Him, just like Mary was doing. But if you did, why then are you calling those writing the Word of God and not Him who you hear from and speaks the words of God to you personally everyday called Today, the Word of God? Is it not because you don't have His words abiding in you. that you call the writings in the book, which is not in you but is on paper or a computer screen, the word of God and not Him?

Moses and the prophets of old would write, "The word of the Lord came to me saying", and they didn't mean someone brought them a book. They meant they personally heard Him who was speaking to them! Figure it out!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they are not the Lord talking to you personally

Oh satan does love it when people say things like this....

God is speaking to me personally when He said
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10:10)

You be speakin that unbelief for yo own selfs! crazy.gif

So you deny the God's Word is here because Jesus Christ controlled what went in to the Bible... in spite of men being involved in the process?

If so, then you have no basis for your faith!
And you would have to believe the Lord is not all powerful if this is what you really believe.,

Jn 5:46,47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.

They rejected what was written, therefore they did not know Who Jesus was.

It's clearly speaking of "writings" where what God said was written!

Jesus ran the devil off by saying "it is written" and then quoting what God had already said in His written Word!

Dude, you need to get a clue and fast!

Moses and the prophets of old would write, "The word of the Lord came to me saying", and they didn't mean someone brought them a book. They meant they personally heard Him who was speaking to them! Figure it out!

God has provided for us all of the things He has said to the prophets and Apostles and has put it in a Book... called the Bible... and it's what the Lord has said!

One cannot be a Christian and not believe what God has said... and God in in perfect agreement with what He has said which is HIS WORD... Jesus Christ is God's Word in the flesh!!

John 1:1-14
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh satan does love it when people say things like this....

God is speaking to me personally when He said
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10:10)

You be speakin that unbelief for yo own selfs! View attachment 37893

So you deny the God's Word is here because Jesus Christ controlled what went in to the Bible... in spite of men being involved in the process?

If so, then you have no basis for your faith!
And you would have to believe the Lord is not all powerful if this is what you really believe.,

They rejected what was written, therefore they did not know Who Jesus was.

It's clearly speaking of "writings" where what God said was written!

Jesus ran the devil off by saying "it is written" and then quoting what God had already said in His written Word!

Dude, you need to get a clue and fast!

God has provided for us all of the things He has said to the prophets and Apostles and has put it in a Book... called the Bible... and it's what the Lord has said!

One cannot be a Christian and not believe what God has said... and God in in perfect agreement with what He has said which is HIS WORD... Jesus Christ is God's Word in the flesh!!

John 1:1-14
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Many listen to the " voices" in their head ,disallowing the written word of God,.
I don't give much credence to what these have to say per instructing in the ways of Christ!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many listen to the " voices" in their head ,disallowing the written word of God,.
I don't give much credence to what these have to say per instructing in the ways of Christ!

And... let's not forget the shiny, high tech ministries on TV, internet, radio, etc, etc that make false doctrine seem so plausible and convincing.

I'm amazed at how so many people believe just because someone has "DD" or "DR" attached to their name means they are absolutely correct in all they say and there's no need to study the scriptures for themselves and develop their own relationship with the Lord.

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Of course they'll claim 2 Timothy 2:15 is works based, trying to earn one's way to Heaven stupid.gif

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And... let's not forget the shiny, high tech ministries on TV, internet, radio, etc, etc that make false doctrine seem so plausible and convincing.

I'm amazed at how so many people believe just because someone has "DD" or "DR" attached to their name means they are absolutely correct in all they say and there's no need to study the scriptures for themselves and develop their own relationship with the Lord.

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Of course they'll claim 2 Timothy 2:15 is works based, trying to earn one's way to Heaven View attachment 37941
:jest: :jest: :jest:
Or better yet it isn't written to believers.
I've never heard such as what ppl say they believe as these here in the forums!

Reactions: Episkopos

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, they have to explain away the warnings God wrote in His Word to believers.

My favorite "fable" I hear from these folks is Jesus taught a different gospel than Paul taught!

By doing this they set themselves up to reject all the things Jesus says.

It's incredible... as in without any credibility at all!

It's easy to see the work of 'ol slewfoot in all these false doctrines
devil_smiley2.gif

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, they have to explain away the warnings God wrote in His Word to believers.

My favorite "fable" I hear from these folks is Jesus taught a different gospel than Paul taught!

By doing this they set themselves up to reject all the things Jesus says.

It's incredible... as in without any credibility at all!

It's easy to see the work of 'ol slewfoot in all these false doctrines
View attachment 37947

You know. you would do better just stick to the word of God. and stop taking all these pot shots. It makes you look bad.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Disallowing??????

Writing don't do anything, so as to be "disallowed"!!

And yeah - I know you don't give much "credence" to actually listening to Jesus Christ, because that would take actually listening to Him by a faith that He is!!

This is explained in the Scriptures by Jesus when He told the religious people then:

Jn 5:39, 40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Now you can disallow Him from talking to you personally, and that you do. And you don't even have to read and study the Scriptures, not that the scriptures are making any effort on their own to talk to you, because they are writings, not a person who can take action. And you can even read and study the Scriptures and not believe what you read. Indeed that is exactly what those religious people then were doing!

So if you don't believe those Sacred Writings, which you claim to follow, then you are not going to follow Jesus Christ by listening to His voice - and you don't or you would being hearing from the Word of God everyday, and know that the Word of God is a person, even the Christ who has been put on the throne as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

But you deny the KING OF KINGS and refuse to listen to Him who has always been standing at the door and speaking so that you might listen to Him, and you are not alone, anymore than those religious people when He spoke to them while in the flesh were alone. Just like they all said "kill Him".

Mat 21:38 “But when the vine-growers saw the son, they said among themselves, ‘This is the heir; come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.'

So it is that they got together to kill The Word of God, least He should be able to talk to people. And what then will His Father do to you?

His Father has one request of us, and that is to listen to His Son, who He loves and so put on the throne of God over the Kingdom of heaven, and you will not listen to Him - which is to say you disallow Him from having any input into your life and it will cost you!

Still, a more forgiving person you will never find. He is still standing at the door knocking with His voice so that if anyone (even rebellious people like you) were to get zealous for Him and repent of their ways so as to start actually seeking Him, instead of just pretending to do so, then still He would come into them and talk to them and they with Him - that is what Moses was trying to tell everyone by writing what he did.

Moses told you that the word was near you, in your heart and mouth, but they would not listen to Moses, and thought he wrote it down, they read what he wrote, they still would not believe, so their time of punishment would be forever!

And still the Lord our God has patience for them. Though they did not listen to Moses, perhaps they would listen to the Psalmist, or the Prophets, or perhaps the Son Himself if He was sent in person. But they did not listen and did not listen and did not listen, and they killed the prophets and killed the Son and would kill all who try to help them by pointing them to the Son who is on the throne of God, in order that they might listen to Him and get help even the help that would save them from the fires of hell. Still they will not listen, and instead of saying that Jesus Christ and what He says is found near them, even in their hearts and mouths, they again deny and disallow that thinking, least they should hear from Him and have to make Him their Lord, so as to do what He askes of them.

So again they kill the word of God in them, by not allowing Him to speak to them!

Like it is written, they have closed their ears!!

Jer 6:10 To whom shall I speak and give warning That they may hear?
Behold, their ears are closed And they cannot listen.
Behold, the word of the LORD has become a reproach to them;
They have no delight in it.

So like Jerimiah explained, who can a person (even a person woken up in the middle of the night and told to write by the Lord) get through to?

Does the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, not know this I ask. 'But write', He says Even if there is the slimmest of chances, He will say "write" so that perhaps they will be someone's writings, even if they don't believe what Moses wrote.

People -silly people - the Scriptures were writings to explain that the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS love you and so will personally talk to you if you are willing to just listen to Him. He is alive! Do you not understand this? He is the Living and Active Word of God, do you not know Him personally?

Yet you scoff and scoff, and have always been that way. You say in your heart that He will not know, that He is not there, that He is either dead or on a far off place called heaven so He does not know what we think and how we deny Him. How is it then that you are not fully deserving of the fires of hell???

Oh you tell ourselves that you are good people who go to church and read your Bible, but you do not seek Him, even at church, and you read but do not believe. And are there not many like that?

May 7:21 - 23“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

And in case you still don't know the will of His Father, have you not read:

Mat 17:5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!”

So He tells me to say, "LISTEN TO HIM!" Because the command from the Father has not changed, but who will listen? Who will truly believe in Jesus Christ and listen to Him? And who are they who are searching the Scripture because they think that in them they have eternal life, so as to not turn to Him?

Honestly, it is not that tough to see who they are. It is clearly those proclaim the word of God is found in their book instead of in their hearts.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Isaiah 66:5​

“Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.”

Romans 10:
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. ...
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, AND HEARING BY THE WORD OF GOD.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is as scoffing and those haughty eyes are an abomination to the Lord

Psa 18:27 For You save an afflicted people,
But haughty eyes You abase.

Pro 6:17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
And hands that shed innocent blood,

Pro 21:4 Haughty eyes and a proud heart,
The lamp of the wicked, is sin.

2Sa 22:28 “And You save an afflicted people;
But Your eyes are on the haughty whom You abase.

Psa 131:1 A Song of Ascents, of David.
O LORD, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty;
Nor do I involve myself in great matters,
Or in things too difficult for me.

What you cannot understand until you actually start talking to Him, is the importance of what is written in the Scriptures and their meaning!!

If you knew Him like I know Him you would know that those "eyes" that you are referring to really upset Him. He has gotten on to me sooooo many times when I roll my eyes at what people do. It turns out that He judges the heart and those eyes show what is on your heart!

If someone cuts me off on the road and I roll my eyes at what they do, I will almost always hear that little voice of His come to me saying something about me not doing that. So when I read the Bible I understand what the those who wrote the Bible were writing about.

So I know that you don't hear that voice of His, or you would understand and would have been reproved already by Him for the post. Was it not for that reason that He asked me to come back and post to you?

Yet can you even understand that He talks to people, and that He sheep hear His voice?

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 5:39, 40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Spoken to the paraphrases... the fact of the matter is the way to find eternal life IS actually found in in God's Word... but the people Jesus said this too added to and took away from God's Word just like modern day OSAS peoples

Jesus said the Holy Ghost would lead us in to ALL Truth (John 16:13),
and Jesus said God's Word IS Truth (John 17:17)

In order to hear from the Lord, one must go back to God's Word to see if what they are hearing is biblical or not.

Those not doing this are deceived in to following false doctrine!

That is as scoffing and those haughty eyes are an abomination to the Lord

That's your opinion, thanks for sharing.

Those that hear His voice... don't accept OSAS doctrine because it's not biblical.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spoken to the paraphrases... the fact of the matter is the way to find eternal life IS actually found in in God's Word... but the people Jesus said this too added to and took away from God's Word just like modern day OSAS peoples

In order to hear from the Lord, one must go back to God's Word to see if what they are hearing is biblical or not.

That's your opinion, thanks for sharing.

Those that hear His voice... don't accept OSAS doctrine because it's not biblical.
Are you also a member of Christian Chat who goes by the avatar name of JimmyTheLock?

Reactions: BarneyFife

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The verses you quote are correct - but you understanding is way off - and that is because understanding comes from His voice and not you leaning on your understanding!!!

Jesus Christ it The Word of God!! That is according to the Bible, but you don't believe in the Bible but only in yourself.

Jesus Christ is also the Truth!! That is also according to the Bible, but you don't believe in the Bible but only in yourself.

So to get to the Truth, you have to listen to the words of God that the Holy Spirit brings to your spirit! Yet those words of God we get directly from the Holy Spirit do not belong to the Holy Spirit but rather they belong to Jesus Christ - again that is according to the Bible but not your understanding. And so it is those words of God, which come via the Holy Spirit but belong to Jesus Christ, whose name is called The Word of God because He owns the words of God.

This is why The Word of God we preach is found near us, in our hearts and often coming out our mouth, because they are given to our spirit by the Holy Spirit, and they came from Jesus Christ, who is alive and active. And that is the Word of God we are preaching.

So what they are not is the Bible!! Those who wrote the Bible indeed heard the Word of God, Jesus Christ, in that same way, but what they heard was not spoke to you, but about you! So they wrote things like:

Jer 6:10 To whom shall I speak and give warning That they may hear?
Behold, their ears are closed And they cannot listen.
Behold, the word of the LORD has become a reproach to them;

and

Is 28 He who said to them, “Here is rest, give rest to the weary,”
And, “Here is repose,” but they would not listen.
So the word of the LORD to them will be,
“Order on order, order on order, Line on line, line on line, A little here, a little there,”
That they may go and stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive.

To explain to you how you are!!

You will not listen to Him, So the word of the Lord to you is the orderly lines in the Bible that you read a little bit here and there, and so you have gone stumbling backward, are broken, been snared, and are taken captive!

You have become the fulfilment of the prophecy that Isaiah, Jerimiah and other wrote about.

That is why you call the orderly lines of text the Word, instead of Jesus Christ. If in fact you were listening to Him like you should then you would understand that all those people who wrote the Scriptures listen to Him personally, but you don't. You don't even know how to test the Spirit, like the Scriptures explain!

1 Jn 4:1-3 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

We don't test the spirits that we are hearing from by leaning on our understanding, we actually use the test!! Of course to use the test above you have to first be able to hear with your spiritual ears, so to know when a spirit, either a demon or the Holy Spirit, is talking to you, but you don't hear so you can't use the test. Then you also have to apply the test, which also requires hearing with your spiritual ears, so you can hear the response of the spirit your are testing!! Since you have closed your ears you don't have any discernment of spirits!! What you have is your understanding, and that will not do!

Prov 3:5-7 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the LORD and turn away from evil.

When you come to repentance of your ways, which means realizing that your understanding is not good enough, then you will seek Jesus Christ and try listening to what He has to say to you. And all those who seek find, at least if they really are seeking Jesus Christ!

Deut 4: 28-31 “There you will serve gods, the work of man’s hands, wood and stone, which neither see nor hear nor eat nor smell.
“But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul.
“When you are in distress and all these things have come upon you, in the latter days you will return to the LORD your God and listen to His voice.
“For the LORD your God is a compassionate God; He will not fail you nor destroy you nor forget the covenant with your fathers which He swore to them.

Now you probably will not understand the above verses at this point, even if I explain them to you, but they apply to you.

The Scriptures are the writings of men. Yes, God told them to write, and so they hear from Jesus Christ, The Word of God for themselves. Yet even the Scriptures are still "the work of man's hands". Now they were meant to get you to actually seek Jesus Christ and listen to Him, but that doesn't mean you did! So it is possible for you to make an idol out of the Bible!! That tend to happen when you don't actually seek Jesus Christ like it is written, but instead lean on your own understanding of the writings, instead of talking and listening to Him!!

It happened to the Pharisees, the Sadducees, and even the Jews in general. And so Jesus said their father was the devil. They had also been taken captive by religious spirits because they did not listen!!

Which is why Jesus Christ tried to help them by explaining to them:

Jn 5:38-41 “You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent.
You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;
and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.
“I do not receive glory from men;

That is the same back and forth that we are having now. You don't have the word abiding in you, otherwise you would not be thinking the Scriptures (as the Word) is going to give you eternal life. They, the Scriptures (the Bible) testify about Him, but you are unwilling to go to Him so that you may have life. And you are thinking that He receives glory from men. Moses, Isiaih, and Jerimiah are men!! Me too. I can write to you, but He does not get His glory from me! His glory comes down from above, and did not you yourself quote a verse about the Holy Spirit?

When and if you actually start seeking the voice of our Lord Jesus Christ, He will then send His Holy Spirit to come into you so you can talk back and forth with Him!

Jn 16:13-15 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.
“He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.
“All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

Study the above verses closely!! Note that, "when the Spirit of truth, comes.", and we know that Jesus Christ is the truth, right?

Jhn 14:6 Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life

So the Holy Spirit of truth, is His Spirit! It thus comes with His words, which are the words of God. His Father give the words of God to Him, so He owns them!!! Nobody has heard the words of God for them, except they from heard Him!! And did you not also read in the Scripture where man must live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God??? Note again - that it is not written, proceeded, but proceeds!!

Num 30:12 “If a man makes a vow to the LORD, or takes an oath to bind himself with a binding obligation, he shall not violate his word; he shall do according to all that proceeds out of his mouth.

Again, not proceeded out of his mouth, but proceeds out of his mouth!! It is not the writing of the words that proceeded out of His mouth some thousands of year ago that we are preaching!! But we are preach the Word of God to be near you now!!! So we are preaching to hear from Him now!! But you don't listen, nor believe He is!! Did you not even read where one of His names is "I Am". Yet that name is a revelation so many!! You make Him out to be the great He was, not the great I AM, and that needs to change!!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone is entitled to their own "opinions"... even erroneous ones such as yours. View attachment 38026

View attachment 38027

That is what you are think and believe, which is why you are wrong!

Oh, certainly I have my opinions, but if you actually knew our Lord Jesus Christ, then you would know that He speaks!! Because He speaks He has His thoughts and opinions. And because His sheep hear His voice, we hear the instructions of the Father which are given to Him, and brought from Him to us by the Holy Spirit, and that instruction is as told in the Bible, and it is to listen to the Lord our God, who is the only begotten Son and the Word of God.

So to avoid anyone thinking everything is just 'my opinion', I both testify about hearing from Him and also quote Scriptures to back up what I say about needing to seeking Him and listen to Him - but it is also written 'you don't accept our testimony'!

Jn 3:10,11 Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and do not understand these things?
“Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony.

And that is what's happening here. I hear from Him and advise people to listen to Him, as instructed by Him. Yet you do not accept our testimony (either the testimony of Jesus as recorded in the Scriptures, nor my personal testimony about hearing Him) It is not that you have to accept my testimony, but His testimony is the testimony of God and you deny that also.

Of course that is your opinion, and you are in agreement with that snake of old, whose first recorded words were, "Did God really say". Which is to say that you are in agreement with the spirit of doubt about Him and not faith in Him. So you don't seek Him.

This morning I heard Him talk to me about you and those like you, and He noted to me how it is written:

Jn 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

And I heard Him comment about the verse saying, "Karl, do you see how it is written, 'believes in Him? Him means a person and they don't believe in a person but a book."

People, if you call the Book, the Bible, the Word of God you are confessing that you believe in a book and not in a person, even the Son who is on the throne as the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. In that case you are putting your faith in the Bible and not the living and active word of God - Him!

You don't believe in Him, you believe in old writings which are not a Him but a thing.

He explained the above to me personally, but yet the unbeliever (in the Son of God as the Word of God) Him, does not understand because they don't listen to Him.

Heb 4:3 For we who have believed enter that rest, just as He has said,
“AS I SWORE IN MY WRATH,
THEY SHALL NOT ENTER MY REST,”
although His works were finished from the foundation of the world.

And whether you care to believe it or not, while finishing this post He asked me to go to Heb 4 and told me personally to post the above verse (Heb 4:3)

He personally told me to post because there is still a harvest going on, and "Yet if a harvest then the time of harvest growing is coming to an end."

You can think that is my opinion, but it is not that, it is that the Lord speaks - but many don't believe in Him!

Is 1:2 Listen, O heavens, and hear, O earth;
For the LORD speaks,
“Sons I have reared and brought up,
But they have revolted against Me.

So now, is the above verse just Isaiah's opinion?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The Difference between RIGHEOUSNESS and HOLINESS​

The Hebrews use couplets....like seeing and hearing. It is used for emphasis.

One can hear (active) the Gospel and see it in their understanding. It is synonymous. However, there is also a converse application, one can listen but not hear, one can look but not see....or the metaphors can be mixed, one can hear yet not see.

Reactions: Debp

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what you are think and believe, which is why you are wrong!

No, actually that is what you think and believe, which is why YOU are wrong!

you would know that He speaks!!

He speaks to me all the time! Right now He's telling me you are full of BULLoney and should be ignored.

Sorry pal!

He speaks He has His thoughts and opinions.

Yes, and He had those written down in a Book... call The Bible.

Ever read His Book??? Or, are you waiting for the movie?

I hear from Him and advise people to listen to Him, as instructed by Him. Yet you do not accept our testimony

How many of them are there... in your head?

Sounds like you are suffering from multiple personalities which is another title for hearing demons.

I certainly hope you get the help you very obviously need. See ya hello2.gif

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, actually that is what you think and believe, which is why YOU are wrong!

He speaks to me all the time! Right now He's telling me you are full of BULLoney and should be ignored.

Sorry pal!

Yes, and He had those written down in a Book... call The Bible.

Ever read His Book??? Or, are you waiting for the movie?

How many of them are there... in your head?

Sounds like you are suffering from multiple personalities which is another title for hearing demons.

I certainly hope you get the help you very obviously need. See ya View attachment 38053

I have been advising you to listen to Him, then you say you heard from Him saying that message is "BULLoney"?

The thing is that when you actually do listen to Him, He makes sense, always. His thoughts are not your thoughts, but He doesn't deny Himself!

And asking me, who has been using the Scriptures to reprove you over and over again, if I have read the Bible is like the rest of what you write, It doesn't make sense!

Indeed the first words He told me were, "Read Your Bible", and so I did. That was over 20 years ago, and He does like to reference and teach using the Bible. Yet saying that is saying that He is not the Bible, but the one who really does speak to those willing to listen and actually seek Him.

There is one thing though. He is just cleaver enough to have used the word "BULLoney", but that so that you won't seek Him and listen to Him. It goes with what He told Isaiah:

Is 6: 9,10 He said, “Go, and tell this people:
‘Keep on listening, but do not perceive;
Keep on looking, but do not understand.’
“Render the hearts of this people insensitive,
Their ears dull,
And their eyes dim,
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
Hear with their ears,
Understand with their hearts,
And return and be healed.”

It also happens to go with:

Eze 4 - 9 Then He said to me, “Son of man, go to the house of Israel and speak with My words to them.
“For you are not being sent to a people of unintelligible speech or difficult language, but to the house of Israel,
nor to many peoples of unintelligible speech or difficult language, whose words you cannot understand. But I have sent you to them who should listen to you;
yet the house of Israel will not be willing to listen to you, since they are not willing to listen to Me. Surely the whole house of Israel is stubborn and obstinate.
“Behold, I have made your face as hard as their faces and your forehead as hard as their foreheads.
“Like emery harder than flint I have made your forehead. Do not be afraid of them or be dismayed before them, though they are a rebellious house.”

Which are the verses He referenced to me when giving me the instructions to go and preach Him as the Word of God, and still references to me personally.

So I really do think you did for a moment, actually sought and heard from the Lord. But do you realize that a Bull is one of the faces of the Lord?

And do you not realize that a bull is known for it's hard head and pointed horn (like in making points)?

So based upon your response, I think you finally did actually seek the Lord but you did not fully understand what He was telling you.

So indeed, when you come up against me, you come up against another hardheaded person doing the work He told me to do, which was to make points (reasonable discussions about needing to hear from Him)

So if you are wise, you will continue to make it about actually seeking Him and what He says, and enough so that your understanding increases!! Even the part you heard about "he should be ignored" is correct advice for those who do actually listen to Him; because I am not telling people to listen to me, but I am telling them to listen to Him!!

So for a brief moment, even the time it took you to seek HIm and hear:

Right now He's telling me you are full of BULLoney and should be ignored.

but that is a long ways from your conclusion that you hear from Him "all the time"!!!

Indeed, if you even heard from Him everyday called Today, you would know understand that you don't hear from Him all the time!! You would instead understand very clearly that we don't hear from Him "all the time", even the best of us don't. And the fact you tend to lean on your own understanding instead of really seeking Him!

Get that understanding, that it is about knowing Him and not the Bible nor other people - but it is always about knowing Him first - then He can talk to you about the Bible with the Lord as our Teacher, and talk to the Lord about how to help other people.

And actually getting them to seek Him and His voice is the best way to help them!!

Of course to get them to actually listen to Him, they might need a few pointers from someone who God made hard headed!

If you really start to talk to the Lord and listen to Him like you should, He will become the Word of God to you, which actually means you will match up closer to what is actually written in the Bible than you do now!!! Because the Bible was written by people who knew Him and the word of the Lord!!!

Jer 2:1 Now the word of the LORD came to me saying,
Jer 2:44 Hear the word of the LORD, O house of Jacob, and all the families of the house of Israel.
Jer 2:31 “O generation, heed the word of the LORD.
Jer 9:20Now hear the word of the LORD, O you women, And let your ear receive the word of His mouth;

Not once did Jerimiah refer to the word of the Lord to mean reading the Bible!! Jerimiah was telling people to listen to Him whose name is called "THE WORD OF GOD"

Just like John was dong! Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

So it has been you who does not match up with them who the Lord had write the Scriptures!!

But it seems now for a moment, brief moment, you probably did seek Him and hear from Him, but did that breif moment give you enough understanding to seek Him more and listen to Him more, or have you been lying to yourself and telling yourself that you 'hear from Him all the time'?