• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Let's run with a Santa Claus example:
Matt, who's 4 years old, believes Santa is real and literally climbs down his chimney every Christmas Eve with presents.

It is a fact that Matt believes in Santa. Correct?
Note: I am *not* saying that it is a fact that himself Santa is real. I'm saying it's a fact that Matt believes in Santa.
Right, I get that but don't know what it has to do with the OP.

Reactions: Helen

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, I get that but don't know what it has to do with the OP.
Christians are not the only group that believes God came and dwelt among men in humble circumstances. Baha'i for example, believe that God has down so on multiple occasions.

Now I'm not saying that I agree with Baha'i beliefs (obviously I don't), but just like I must factually acknowledge that Baha'i believe that God has lived has a humble man. Just like I must factually acknowledge that 4 year old Matt believes in Santa.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Difference.

There are many different religions in the world but only Christianity Worships a God who can forgive our sins, make us clean, give us a new start and change us from the inside.

The Christian’s God is the only God who became one of us and came to earth to dwell amongst us. He was born as a baby in humble circumstances but is King of all kings. He lived as a man teaching us God’s ways and setting us an example of how to love and live; dying in agony in our place and rising from the dead.

This God is the only God who continues to live both in and among his people; empowering, encouraging and enabling by his Holy Spirit. He is the one who said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:9

“We have a living Saviour and not a dead founder, as every other world religion does.”

And, His grave is empty ♥ I'm kind of thinking the dead founders are still dead and in their graves. :)

Reactions: Pearl and Helen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christians are not the only group that believes God came and dwelt among men in humble circumstances. Baha'i for example, believe that God has down so on multiple occasions.

Now I'm not saying that I agree with Baha'i beliefs (obviously I don't), but just like I must factually acknowledge that Baha'i believe that God has lived has a humble man. Just like I must factually acknowledge that 4 year old Matt believes in Santa.
The OP wasn't about belief, it was a statement of fact.

Reactions: Brakelite

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP wasn't about belief, it was a statement of fact.
But Christians are not the only people that believe God came and dwelt among men.

Again, I'm REALLY not wanting to be a rain cloud here. I'm just also trying to be factually truthful.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am just being factual about what other faiths believe.
Obviously a Christian is not going to believe faith a non-Christian and find such claims to be false. But we are ethically obligated to be honest and factual about what those beliefs are, regardless of our agreement/disagreement with said beliefs.
So let us be honest and factual about your beliefs.

You are a Mormon. Mormonism is a cult. It is not Christian. It has a different god, a different Christ and a different salvation.
Mormonism

Reactions: Pearl

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Is that what you believe? Just because people believe something doesn't make it the truth.
Someone in the 18th century complained about the preaching of Methodist George Whitfield. The person with whom he spoke said: You don't believe all that, do you? The complainer replied, No, but he does. ...

(Do ppl get the impression that our testimony is authentic?)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But Christians are not the only people that believe God came and dwelt among men.

Again, I'm REALLY not wanting to be a rain cloud here. I'm just also trying to be factually truthful.
They may not be the only ones who BELIEVE it. But that wasn't the point of the OP. I do not understand why you are arguing about it

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So let us be honest and factual about your beliefs.

You are a Mormon. Mormonism is a cult. It is not Christian. It has a different god, a different Christ and a different salvation.
Mormonism
That explains it. Thank you.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That explains it. Thank you.
CoreIssue's understand is incorrect.

I am an LDS Christian. I love my Lord & Savior Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God. My salvation is a gift from Him, one that I was in no way deserving of. I love the Bible and all of God's words. My personal study this week was just on John 7, reflecting on people's saying about Jesus during the Feast of the Tabernacle. I also pondered the story of the woman taken in adultery, and Christ's greatness there.

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Difference.

There are many different religions in the world but only Christianity Worships a God who can forgive our sins, make us clean, give us a new start and change us from the inside.

The Christian’s God is the only God who became one of us and came to earth to dwell amongst us. He was born as a baby in humble circumstances but is King of all kings. He lived as a man teaching us God’s ways and setting us an example of how to love and live; dying in agony in our place and rising from the dead.

This God is the only God who continues to live both in and among his people; empowering, encouraging and enabling by his Holy Spirit. He is the one who said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:9

“We have a living Saviour and not a dead founder, as every other world religion does.”

I had forgotten about this thread but reading it again I think it is a statement all true born again Christians would agree with.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Jane is right, others believe similar things to Christians... Even occultists. The difference though as Pearl said I'm the OP, Christianity is the only religion in the world it is unique in that God did in reality become a part of His own creation. The only one.

Reactions: Nancy