• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Difference.

There are many different religions in the world but only Christianity Worships a God who can forgive our sins, make us clean, give us a new start and change us from the inside.

The Christian’s God is the only God who became one of us and came to earth to dwell amongst us. He was born as a baby in humble circumstances but is King of all kings. He lived as a man teaching us God’s ways and setting us an example of how to love and live; dying in agony in our place and rising from the dead.

This God is the only God who continues to live both in and among his people; empowering, encouraging and enabling by his Holy Spirit. He is the one who said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:9

“We have a living Saviour and not a dead founder, as every other world religion does.”

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Difference.

There are many different religions in the world but only Christianity Worships a God who can forgive our sins, make us clean, give us a new start and change us from the inside.

The Christian’s God is the only God who became one of us and came to earth to dwell amongst us. He was born as a baby in humble circumstances but is King of all kings. He lived as a man teaching us God’s ways and setting us an example of how to love and live; dying in agony in our place and rising from the dead.

This God is the only God who continues to live both in and among his people; empowering, encouraging and enabling by his Holy Spirit. He is the one who said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:9

“We have a living Saviour and not a dead founder, as every other world religion does.”
While this sentiment is very touching, it's not the most accurate. Christianity is the only religion that holds to this particular view of sin, repentance, etc, and hence logically is the only faith to address those views. Also faiths do have God being born on Earth as well, but with a different views- such as the many Manifestation of God believed by Baha'i.

Sorry, I don't mean to be a rain cloud, but I kind of feel like it.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Again, I get the sentimentality of the OP. But it is important to be accurate too.
I do not see anything inaccurate or unbiblical in the OP. Those are the FACTS, and if other religionists don't like them, it makes no difference.

As to Bahaism's idea about many manifestations of God, they put Jesus on the same level as Krishna, Buddha, Zoroaster, Abraham, Moses, and Bahaullah! That is patently false, since there can be only one Savior who died for all mankind, and rose again after three days, and that is Jesus of Nazareth.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not see anything inaccurate or unbiblical in the OP. Those are the FACTS, and if other religionists don't like them, it makes no difference.

As to Bahaism's idea about many manifestations of God, they put Jesus on the same level as Krishna, Buddha, Zoroaster, Abraham, Moses, and Bahaullah! That is patently false, since there can be only one Savior who died for all mankind, and rose again after three days, and that is Jesus of Nazareth.
They still believe that God came to live along with man. Therefore, we cannot say that it is uniquely a Christian claim.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They still believe that God came to live along with man. Therefore, we cannot say that it is uniquely a Christian claim.

Christianity is based upon the revelation of the One true God. Thus our foundation includes the Old Testament. And that Old Testament reveals that prior to any written revelation from God there was the gospel in the Heavens, the Zodiac. It was a very general revelation but yet it displayed the truth of the virgin born Redeemer to come and His ultimate victory as the Lion. See (Job 38:31-32)

That truth went before any other of mans false religions. The false religions, as false religions do, were the product of man moving away from God and then creating their own religion. And of course they copy, and imitate, and pervert the real revelation given by God.

Therefore, any smilarities you find with false religions and Christianity are due to the false copying, imitating, and perverting of the original revelation from God.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
While this sentiment is very touching, it's not the most accurate. Christianity is the only religion that holds to this particular view of sin, repentance, etc, and hence logically is the only faith to address those views. Also faiths do have God being born on Earth as well, but with a different views- such as the many Manifestation of God believed by Baha'i.

Sorry, I don't mean to be a rain cloud, but I kind of feel like it.
So, tell me please, which other religion has a God who died and was resurrected? What other religion has a God who became incarnate?

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Amen.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Delusion is not the same as reality. Just because someone has delusions does not mean that they are valid.

Satan is behind every false religion, trying to divert men from the one true God and the Lord Jesus Christ. And the Koran is a good example, where Mohammad is elevated above Christ while the Trinity is attacked.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Delusion is not the same as reality. Just because someone has delusions does not mean that they are valid.

Satan is behind every false religion, trying to divert men from the one true God and the Lord Jesus Christ. And the Koran is a good example, where Mohammad is elevated above Christ while the Trinity is attacked.
I am just being factual about what other faiths believe.
Obviously a Christian is not going to believe faith a non-Christian and find such claims to be false. But we are ethically obligated to be honest and factual about what those beliefs are, regardless of our agreement/disagreement with said beliefs.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am just being factual about what other faiths believe.
Obviously a Christian is not going to believe faith a non-Christian and find such claims to be false. But we are ethically obligated to be honest and factual about what those beliefs are, regardless of our agreement/disagreement with said beliefs.
Is that what you believe? Just because people believe something doesn't make it the truth.

Reactions: Helen

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that what you believe? Just because people believe something doesn't make it the truth.
Running with an example:
Fact: A Hindu believes in reincarnation (obviously).
Fact: I don't believe in reincarnation (obviously).
To be truthful and factual, I must acknowledge that a Hindu person believes in reincarnation. That doesn't mean I believe that recreation itself is a fact (cause I don't). But it's still a fact that the Hindu person believes in reincarnation.

Does that make sense?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Running with an example:
Fact: A Hindu believes in reincarnation (obviously).
Fact: I don't believe in reincarnation (obviously).
To be truthful and factual, I must acknowledge that a Hindu person believes in reincarnation. That doesn't mean I believe that recreation itself is a fact (cause I don't). But it's still a fact that the Hindu person believes in reincarnation.

Does that make sense?
No. I used to believe in Father Christmas.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I used to believe in Father Christmas.
Let's run with a Santa Claus example:
Matt, who's 4 years old, believes Santa is real and literally climbs down his chimney every Christmas Eve with presents.

It is a fact that Matt believes in Santa. Correct?
Note: I am *not* saying that it is a fact that himself Santa is real. I'm saying it's a fact that Matt believes in Santa.