The Divorce question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've never married or been in a longterm relationship so the subject is a mystery to me, but suppose a couple are deeply in love and get married, but after a few years fall out of love and can't stand the sight of each other, would that be a valid reason to get divorced, or would God object?
Short answer: "NO". But it depends on whether these two individuals were born-again believers to begin with. If they were something else, it would not matter to them.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've never seemed to have much luck with women, I once dated a June for a few weeks and one night around midnight my phone rang and it was her. "I'm sitting halfway down the stairs wishing I was dead" she said weepily.
"Hang on, i'll hop on me bike and come straight over" I said.
"No no no don't bother" she replied, "I'm going to watch my Billy Elliot video".

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the 25 year of marriage I looked at myself in the mirror and asked the Lord to give me strength so that my actions were not the end of the marriage. I also started living so my actions strengthened the marriage while praying for the Lord to show me his will.

When the Lord showed me his will, what a blessed event, he showed me what a one way street the marriage was. Nothing I was putting in was returned in anyway and what I was putting in was being freely wasted. He showed me many other things. He told me and showed me to get out and why.

If the Lord had told me stay I had done my part to have a sound marriage. But I was one half of the whole and the other half was missing.

I didn't pray about divorce, I prayed that the Lord knew the all in all about me show me your will.

He showed me his will and here I am

Alfredthefifth

PS
To this day my exwife never admits having wasted anything it is everyone else's fault. No one understands.
The pain caused by the wasting buried a lot of happy memories. Sadly the loss of our daughter was what it took to open those locked doors.

Last edited: