The doctrine of chosen made easy.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
What I love most about the Bible, is that God seems to always have an easy answer in one or two verses of the Bible, that we Christians tend to make difficulty by overlooking those verse, and trying to argue our teaching from many others, that aren't so clear. And the really surprising thing is that those simple verses are usually the ones most known to us.

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

What does Jesus come to earth to do? To call sinners to repent.

Who therefore does He choose? Those that repent from sinning.

Many are called but few are chosen. Why because many hear the call to repent, but only a few do repent of their sinning.

Now we can read all verses of the Bible about God's elect from this one simple truth spoken by Jesus of God's calling to all sinners everywhere.

How many times have I read and heard this simple verse taught and preached, and yet never connected it to many called, but few chosen.

It's like a big duh! It's like knowing Jesus is God, because the Bible says simply so, And the Word was God.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God chose me, I didn't chose Him. I never tried to repent of anything, because the knowledge wasn't there. I didn't read the bible at all.
Then one night, God touched me, literally. He imparted knowledge and a hunger to learn the bible and His word. While praying, I was filled with the Holy Spirit. So, I was chosen and did nothing on my end for salvation. It was all God's doing.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
And so, let's do a litmus test for the teaching of only sinners repenting of sinning are chosen by Christ to be His disciples. (Which is pretty much self-explanatory, since He doesn't choose sinners and transgressors to follow and walk with Him. I mean by definition the unrepentant don't even want to.)

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Since only sinners are called to repent, and only them repented are chosen, then God's choosing cannot possibly be before any man sins and repents.

Therefore, we can say, Before the foundation of the world, He has chosen them that repent to be in Christ, to be holy and without blame before Him in His love.

Which confirms that the Bible calls Him the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world, which is prophecy of Jesus being chosen by God to be the Christ and Lamb of God on earth,

It also makes perfect sense, since no unrepented sinner can possibly be walking holy and blameless before God. By definition they don't want to, and some even preach against being holy and without blame as Jesus, as being impossible.

Nor is it possible for any unrepented sinner with sin in himself, to be in Christ, in whom is no sin.

Therefore, many sinners are called by Jesus to repentance, but only the few repenting of sinning, are chosen by Him to be in Him without sin, walking holily and blamelessly before Him in His love.

Unrepented sinners are not chosen by Christ to be and do what they refuse to repent of, in order to be and do it.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
God chose me, I didn't chose Him. I never tried to repent of anything, because the knowledge wasn't there. I didn't read the bible at all.
Then one night, God touched me, literally. He imparted knowledge and a hunger to learn the bible and His word. While praying, I was filled with the Holy Spirit. So, I was chosen and did nothing on my end for salvation. It was all God's doing.
You mean you didn't do what he imparted to you to do by personal touch? You didn't have to repent of what you were doing before Him touching and imparting to you what now to do?

While I absolutely believe your personal testimony, and why not? Your 'doctrinal' conclusion is of course not the Bible.

And if it is true you have done nothing on your end, then you only condemn yourself for not doing the word and what you know to do. (James 1, 4)

No doubt you did do and continue doing your part on your end of God's touch and word to you, and so you ofc course did repent and do His will, which is unto being chosen and saved in Him..

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is God who chooses, not man. You can do nothing to come to God on your own.

John 15:16 - You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

Ephesians 1:4-5 -just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What I love most about the Bible, is that God seems to always have an easy answer in one or two verses of the Bible, that we Christians tend to make difficulty by overlooking those verse, and trying to argue our teaching from many others, that aren't so clear. And the really surprising thing is that those simple verses are usually the ones most known to us.

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

What does Jesus come to earth to do? To call sinners to repent.

Who therefore does He choose? Those that repent from sinning.

Many are called but few are chosen. Why because many hear the call to repent, but only a few do repent of their sinning.

Now we can read all verses of the Bible about God's elect from this one simple truth spoken by Jesus of God's calling to all sinners everywhere.

How many times have I read and heard this simple verse taught and preached, and yet never connected it to many called, but few chosen.

It's like a big duh! It's like knowing Jesus is God, because the Bible says simply so, And the Word was God.
could it be we do the choosing? ....we chose whether God is worthy of our worship or no? It is clear that God has already made his choice.....to identify with the human race.....for eternity. He chose to save sinners....I wonder is anyone disqualified from being a sinner?

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
It is God who chooses, not man. You can do nothing to come to God on your own.
Except to repent of sinning of course. We come to God by obeying Him, which begins with repenting of sinning against Him. Even as He commands.

Your doctrine of God's choosing is not the Bible, and since you're not a person to address other peoples' points made, then I'll not bother responding to the Scripture you apply wrongly to your doctrine.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15:16 - You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
could it be we do the choosing? ....we chose whether God is worthy of our worship or no?
Actually, it's a good question, and one which Jesus addresses:

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Jesus can't be saying we have no choice nor say in the matter of serving Him or not, since the whole Bible is filled with that choice being offered and demanding of men by God.

What He is doing, is ridding His disciples of the pagan practice of choosing their gods for themselves. They would choose a god from among many to be their special 'patron' god or goddess.

But Jesus is the only Christ of God, and we either choose to believe Him or not. We do not choose Jesus, as you suggest, out of many christs to be the special one for ourselves. We do not 'decide' for ourselves, that Jesus is indeed the Christ of God. We decide for ourselves whether we are going to believe and obey Him as such.

There is no other Christ to choose from the Father, but only one, Jesus Christ, who is the only one way to the Father.

If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

This statement for Jesus also clarifies that He chooses them that repent of the sins of the world, and so chooses them out of the world of sinners.

It is clear that God has already made his choice.....to identify with the human race.....for eternity.
This is true. Before the foundation of the world, God made the decision to become a man unto death, if necessary, if man sins and repents not.

He chose to save sinners....I wonder is anyone disqualified from being a sinner?
Not once we sin, and all men have sinned, and so every man save one became a sinner in need of forgiveness from sinning. The only way for the Holy God to forgive sins forever, is by the death and blood of the Lamb of God.

We only become 'disqualified' from being a sinner in the judgment of God, is by repenting of sinning and obeying Jesus from a pure heart of His faith and righteousness.

We become disqualified by stopping our sinning through Christ Jesus.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

More proof that Jesus calls all to repent, and only chooses those that do repent to come unto Him with faith unto salvation.

Only those choosing to repent of the world's sinning, are chosen by Him out of the world of unrepented sinners.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot chose to be saved on you own. It magnifies man into God. It declares God's purposes a nullity, since they cannot be carried out unless men are willing. It makes God's will a waiting servant to the will of man, and the whole covenant of grace dependent on human action. Denying election on the ground of injustice, it holds God to be a debtor to sinners. Since you do not have the mind of God, how can you save yourself by something you have done in your own mind, guessing that is what is required of God..