The doctrine of the “Bible is our only authority “!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1: 49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

Matt 28:20
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The scripture quickened within a person by the Holy Spirit is the Word of God. That is not the dead carcass alone!
That is a personal opinion Amadeus.
Do we decide on what is the word of God by personal opinion?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Bible alone does not teach the doctrine of the “Bible alone”.
Yes it does but you would not know it. Why? Because you have been taught something different. And that is also why the Catholic church is chock full of errors. God tells Christians to "come out of her". Not promote her errors.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Pearl

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it does but you would not know it. Why? Because you have been taught something different. And that is also why the Catholic church is chock full of errors. God tells Christians to "come out of her". Not promote her errors.

Even if it did - and you have provided no evidence for that - it would not prove anything.

You first have to prove that the Bible is the inerrant word of God. Otherwise any claims it makes are fallible.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

scripture please

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
that’s the actual problem of scripture alone!

This "problem" does not exist regarding someone who has Jesus in them, if they are in line with correct FAITH.
See, Jesus is the WORD made FLESH< and the BIBLE is the word of GOD.
See how that connects?
And God, who is Christ in all the born again, reveals His WORD, in you.
When this does not happen, its because the book you are using is not a real bible......or its because the person is not born again, or they are deceived and deception shuts off the Light of revelation, which keeps the bible LOCKED......so that is seems "confusing" to this one.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a personal opinion Amadeus.
Do we decide on what is the word of God by personal opinion?
On your question, no, we do not decide the Truth by our opinion. Jesus is the Word of God. Jesus is the Truth. How well does each believe know the Word of God and the Truth? God knows the answer to my question. Do I? If my answer agrees with Him, then, yes! If not, then, no! But who has the clear and definite yes, and who has only a, no? Apostle Paul was inspired by God to write:

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

You and others may disagree with me and consider it only my opinion, but for me it is more than opinion. God knows. Of course, like others, I believe that I am right...

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts" Prov. 21:2

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This "problem" does not exist regarding someone who has Jesus in them, if they are in line with correct FAITH.
See, Jesus is the WORD made FLESH< and the BIBLE is the word of GOD.
See how that connects?
And God, who is Christ in all the born again, reveals His WORD, in you.
When this does not happen, its because the book you are using is not a real bible......or its because the person is not born again, or they are deceived and deception shuts off the Light of revelation, which keeps the bible LOCKED......so that is seems "confusing" to this one.

really?

from the Bible alone
What is the Bible?
What is not the Bible?
What is correct faith?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not @Pearl but I know by His voice which I hear. Strangers, I do not hear.
Someone quoted from the epistle of Barnabas (by some, one of the more respected extra-biblical texts, I believe) to me the other day and upon reading it I just had this strange feeling that it was spiritually unfamiliar and very oddly expressed.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
verses that refer to authority other than the “Bible Alone”!

Isa 22:21-22 Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Lk 1:32 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 Jn 21:17 Acts 1:17 acts 1:26 acts 2:42 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 20:28 eph 2:20 and too many more to mention!

The Bible alone is based on spiritual pride, self-righteous private judgement, and personal interpretation, and not truth revealed by God in Christ without error, thru the teaching authority of the apostles!

God, Christ, the HS, the church, the apostles cannot be any authority at all, only scripture
1st problem is that the church of the apostles says what is and what is not scripture!
The Bible comes from the teaching of the apostles!
Must hear the church according to Christ and scripture! Matt 18:17

Pillar and foundation of truth!
The church teaches the truth revealed by Christ with His authority in the apostles!
1 Tim 3:15

The church existed before the New Testament!
The church believed and taught before there was a New Testament!
The church exercised authority before there was a New Testament!
The authority of Christ thru His one true church wrote the New Testament!
The church founded by Christ on Peter has authority to:
Teach, Govern, And sanctify!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone quoted from the epistle of Barnabas (one of the more respected extra-biblical texts, I believe) to me the other day and upon reading it I just had this strange feeling that it was spiritually unfamiliar and very oddly expressed.

what your opinion of the faith story of susana Dan 13?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
On your question, no, we do not decide the Truth by our opinion. Jesus is the Word of God. Jesus is the Truth. How well does each believe know the Word of God and the Truth? God knows the answer to my question. Do I? If my answer agrees with Him, then, yes! If not, then, no! But who has the clear and definite yes, and who has only a, no? Apostle Paul was inspired by God to write:

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

You and others may disagree with me and consider it only my opinion, but for me it is more than opinion. God knows. Of course, like others, I believe that I am right...

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts" Prov. 21:2

How do you know Jesus is God?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone quoted from the epistle of Barnabas (by some, one of the more respected extra-biblical texts, I believe) to me the other day and upon reading it I just had this strange feeling that it was spiritually unfamiliar and very oddly expressed.
I have read the books called apochropha but not lately. I have copies of the ones in the Catholic Bible. It was difficult for me to get into them. I am not dead set against them, but I know I am not as knowledgeable about them as some. So mostly I leave them alone.

I strive to follow the Lord and when I find myself a bit too far afield, He often lets me know the hard way.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read the books called apochropha but not lately. I have copies of the ones in the Catholic Bible. It was difficult for me to get into them. I am not dead set against them, but I know I am not as knowledgeable about them as some. So mostly I leave them alone.

I strive to follow the Lord and when I find myself a bit too far afield, He often lets me know the hard way.
There is good wisdom in leaving them alone .
By grace God had put me into the bible , and what a wonderful beauty the truth is .
Hour by hour and day by day , week by week and month by month and then year by year
i just loved and still love to feast upon those pages .
After several years of this i was then introduced to what is called the apochropha . MY FRIEND , IT AINT GOD INSPIRED .
its more the wisdom of men who knew some truths and yet through the lens of carnal wisdom and some error indeed .
THUS , I would heed that wisdom which tells you , Stay clear of them . Now , i must leave us with this reminder .
And what a lovely reminder this is .............LET THE GLORIOUS LORD BE PRAISED . NEVER do i grow weary of saying and encourraging
praise and thanksgivings to the glorious LORD . SO hands up my friend , ITS LORD PRAISING and LORD THANKING TIME