The doctrine of the “Bible is our only authority “!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know Jesus is God?
There are things I believe by faith and there are things I know. My problem is in my inability alone to draw a clear line between the two [faith and knowledge]. God can but are we not walking by faith in Him? I am not God. I certainly do not claim to have all of the correct answers to everyone's questions.

Reactions: BarneyFife

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are things I believe by faith and there are things I know. My problem is in my inability alone to draw a clear line between the two [faith and knowledge]. God can but are we not walking by faith in Him? I am not God. I certainly do not claim to have all of the correct answers to everyone's questions.
Try asking them WHO they believe holds and knows and intreprets the only Truth . A hint the PAPACY .
That is what this is all about . THEY try and make anyone who is not of them
think there is no way we can clearly get the whole rightly divided word of truth
LEST we get it by THE CC . Try asking some questions .
TRUTH IS , GOD reveals truth to His lambs . I have well studied the papacy . And like any other false religion
can have truths , ITS VOID of THE TRUTH . This is the same game others have played as well in times past .
JW use watchtower as the enlightened ones , The devout mormon uses .....
and so on and so forth . TRUTH IS , most dont test everything their own leaders taught .
THEY simply learn it the way its taught to them . As for lambs , my advice is learn those bibles well
and test everything that anyone teaches or says . GOD gives the SPIRIT to every lamb .
We sure as heck dont need the papacy . Specially when i see dangerous errors within it .
Just have faith in GOD my FRIEND . Let us have faith in Christ . GOD will guide and lead the lambs . And make sure
to always test all things any man does teach .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember what JOHN once wrote .
HE said test all the spirits .
Would you like to know why men would ever teach that one cannot truly learn the truth
unless they sit under them . FOR POWER AND CONTROL . THAT is what this was always all about . POWER and CONTROJL

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try asking them WHO they believe holds and knows and intreprets the only Truth . A hint the PAPACY .
That is what this is all about . THEY try and make anyone who is not of them
think there is no way we can clearly get the whole rightly divided word of truth
LEST we get it by THE CC . Try asking some questions .
TRUTH IS , GOD reveals truth to His lambs . I have well studied the papacy . And like any other false religion
can have truths , ITS VOID of THE TRUTH . This is the same game others have played as well in times past .
JW use watchtower as the enlightened ones , The devout mormon uses .....
and so on and so forth . TRUTH IS , most dont test everything their own leaders taught .
THEY simply learn it the way its taught to them . As for lambs , my advice is learn those bibles well
and test everything that anyone teaches or says . GOD gives the SPIRIT to every lamb .
We sure as heck dont need the papacy . Specially when i see dangerous errors within it .
Just have faith in GOD my FRIEND . Let us have faith in Christ . GOD will guide and lead the lambs . And make sure
to always test all things any man does teach .
When I was an active Catholic over 50 years ago, I leaned on the priests, nuns and I suppose at least indirectly on the Pope although I did not understand much of anything... not really. For me in those days the Bible was absent, and the Holy Spirit was a vague something mentioned at times but never with meaningful explanations.

In the places I have been since leaving formal Catholicism I thought I was climbing up the ladder toward God, but too often there was another little pope like man who was striving to be a boss rather than a teacher and minister of God.

I wanted to submit myself as I should, but not as I should not.

The road behind me has been a good teacher of many wrong ways to go, of many ways for me to avoid.

Where is the Light? It is right in front of my eyes! Too much Light can be blinding but without light, we are absolutely blind. When the "perfect" is come to each of us, will we not be able to do what Moses could not do as per Exodus 33:20?

But then what do we understand now when we read this?

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

Has our vision of Him improved since we first believed? I will say that mine is no longer pitch black. Talk about types and shadows!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You first have to prove that the Bible is the inerrant word of God.
All one has to do is see all the prophecies in the Old Testament pertaining to Christ at His first coming, and then see their exact fulfillment in the New Testament. That is the clearest proof that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of God. The evangelists and apostles even tell us that those prophecies were fulfilled.

MATTHEW 4: PROPHECY FULFILLED FROM ISAIAH 9:1,2 (C AD 42)
13 And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim:
14 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
15 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim,
by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;
16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.

ISAIAH 9:1,2 (c BC 700)
1 Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations.
2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All one has to do is see all the prophecies in the Old Testament pertaining to Christ at His first coming, and then see their exact fulfillment in the New Testament. That is the clearest proof that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of God. The evangelists and apostles even tell us that those prophecies were fulfilled.

13 And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim:
16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.

1 Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations.
2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
Thats right my friend . Stay glued in that bible . Hold the faith in that JESUS and cling to that gospel .
I tell us all the seducing powers of darkness is at war with the one true gospel and the rightly divided truth in that bible .
It wants us to heed men so as we can be decieved into its trap . They are making the world religoin and very fast now .
I have never seen the gospel and bible under attack as i do now . Much confusion has abounded .
YET if folks had truly learned those bibles , their minds would not have been brought into confusion and unto another very false gospel
and all for a unified religoin that serves a unifed world govt , AKA the BEAST . Its all coming to pass my friend .
STAY GLUED IN THAT BIBLE and let no man sway us from those pages of truth . Cling to the glorious Lord .
For satan and his men are fast at work and know how to seduce and allure . Satan knows how to use words
like love , tolerance ,unity and etc to decieve folks . WE MUST stay glued in that bible and Glued to CHRIST .

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

That's no proof at all.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any organization that would lead one away from the Holy Bible to any degree should be discarded immediately without inquisition.

Any organization that contradicts any doctrine in the Holy Bible to any degree should be discarded immediately without inquisition.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An example of just how insane the doctrine of the Bible alone is

Jn 19 never says or even mentions anyone taking care of Mary the mother of Christ!

but when you say Jesus gave Mary to be the mother and advocate of all disciples since he named the disciple standing there all Protestants say it’s about John personally caring for Mary!

yet the Bible alone! The text never even mentions taking care of Mary!

Mary is our spiritual mother

Mary is the Mother of the living in Christ and the new creation!

Genesis 3:20
And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not just asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so. There is no requirement to maker her his mother just to take care of her!

Jesus is in the very least making Mary John’s spiritual mother! And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!
What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He proved Mary the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation!

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s not the Bible alone but rejection of scripture!

ignorance of scripture is ignorance of Christ so rejection of scripture is rejection of christ

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any organization that would lead one away from the Holy Bible to any degree should be discarded immediately without inquisition.

Any organization that contradicts any doctrine in the Holy Bible to any degree should be discarded immediately without inquisition.
Wonderful reminder my friend . Yes indeed .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Trouble is, depending on who you talk to, they all do.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary had an husband. And if she were to be widowed, her children could take of her.

This is the kind of nonsense that “not Bible alone” leads one to.

so Mary is a perpetual virgin who has only one child?

where does the text say “take care of”?

it does not say John ( personal name) but too the disciple standing there, so it applies to all disciples

Caring does not require a mother son relationship

spiritual mother does

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Michiah-Imla

What percentage of those who claim Sola Scriptura would you say you are in agreement with on matters of faith you consider essential?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trouble is, depending on who you talk to, they all do.
And expecting us to just have UNITY with a HARLOT as well .
Ever wonder why i wont sit at this huge unity table going on within the mass of christendom .
Lets not kid ourselves even many adventists and others are fast selling out .
Hollering LETS JUST HAVE US SOME COMMON ground . I REFUSE TO SIT AT this dung pile table for unity .
PEROID .
And when i say PEROID i make ZERO apologies . Sit with a harlot , NEVER . warn against a harlot , WELL till my last breath .
WE SHOULD NEVER have sold JESUS out TO ROME and tried to make a convenant with a harlot for UNITY .
I wont do it . I shall glady be hated and die first . Though i do weep for their souls , I WONT SIT AT NO TABLE .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And expecting us to just have UNITY with a HARLOT as well .
Ever wonder why i wont sit at this huge unity table going on within the mass of christendom .
Lets not kid ourselves even many adventists and others are fast selling out .
Hollering LETS JUST HAVE US SOME COMMON ground . I REFUSE TO SIT AT this dung pile table for unity .
PEROID .
And when i say PEROID i make ZERO apologies . Sit with a harlot , NEVER . warn against a harlot , WELL till my last breath .
WE SHOULD NEVER have sold JESUS out TO ROME and tried to make a convenant with a harlot for UNITY .
I wont do it . I shall glady be hated and die first . Though i do weep for their souls , I WONT SIT AT NO TABLE .
Why single out Adventists? I made no claims to Adventists' fidelity to the Bible.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why single out Adventists? I made no claims to Adventists' fidelity to the Bible.
Barney it aint just them , its in every denomination known to man . THE CHURCHES have SOLD US OUT to THE WHORE FOR UNITY .
You gonna see it increasing in every denomination . As for me , I REFUSE TO HAVE ANY KIND OF FALSE LOVE SOLD OUT UNITY WITH A HARLOT .
Let me die ten thousand of the worst heinous suffering deaths , BEFORE I DO . I MADE MY MIND UP .
And i want all to know it . NO UNITY with no harlot . AND YOU better not do it either .